God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Re: God I hate ESPN

Postby noobiew on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:38 pm

I already know ESPN is waiting after the lebron James GOAT triple trouble :disagree:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:41 pm

^^^ Well they are in a tough position now.....do they bump 1 of Lebron's 12 greatest playoff performances or 1 of MJ's 13 greatest playoff performances, in their top 25 all time greatest playoff performances rankings, for the game tonight.

Tough call.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:25 pm

No reason to watch sports news until the mlb playoffs...... i can just celebrate the Kings winning the Cup instead of watching anything espn related.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Jellincon on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:50 pm

Good thing no one watched ESPN. The love fest was just too much. Some of the host were talking about how they should really be celebrating Lebron's first ring instead of the Heat winning. They had a video segment about Lebron's journey from high school all the way to his first championship. On the front page of ESPN's website is Lebron with a "King Me" headline and on the NBA page the headline reads "Chosen Won". Jon Barry and crew were already placing Lebron in the top 10 and also saying that he deserves comparisons to Jordan now. Magic did try to say it's still premature to compare Lebron to Jordan but he agreed with the claim of Lebron being top 10 now with only one ring.
Jellincon

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:44 am

LeBron is in my top 13 with this win. Amazing playoff run.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Weezy on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:47 am

Apparently this blowout "game" is an "Instant Classic" according to LEBRONSPN. I accidentally put that station on for a second and saw that, what a joke. Lakers/Celtics game 7 2010 was an instant classic, this wasn't even a game by halftime.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:57 am

Jellincon wrote:Good thing no one watched ESPN. The love fest was just too much. Some of the host were talking about how they should really be celebrating Lebron's first ring instead of the Heat winning. They had a video segment about Lebron's journey from high school all the way to his first championship. On the front page of ESPN's website is Lebron with a "King Me" headline and on the NBA page the headline reads "Chosen Won". Jon Barry and crew were already placing Lebron in the top 10 and also saying that he deserves comparisons to Jordan now. Magic did try to say it's still premature to compare Lebron to Jordan but he agreed with the claim of Lebron being top 10 now with only one ring.

I posted this in the LBJ thread:

I don't see how LeBron is top 10 all-time yet. Think about it:
My top 5 list (without order): MJ, Kobe, Magic, Kareem, Russell.
6-10 (without order): Bird, Wilt, Jerry West, Shaq, Oscar Robertson/Duncan/Dr. J -couldn't decide-
So, for LeBron to be top 10, 1 of those guys would have to be dropped. I just can't see it.
And I'm still leaving out:
-Duncan
-Dr. J
-Hakeem
-Elgin
-M. Malone
-Isiah Thomas
-Mikan
-Pippen
-Havlicek

IMO, right now, 3 MVPs, great numbers, and finally a ring and a finals MVP, LeBron would be among the top 15 players of all time considering that he has a lot of time left.
I don't think you can place him in the top 10 just yet.

EDIT: BTW, I just came across this:
Kareem, 1971: 27-19-3, 61% FG, Finals MVP
Kareem, 1985: 26-9-5, 61% FG, Finals MVP

Now, that's consistency and longevity. Amazing.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Jellincon on Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:33 am

^Yeah I believe he his around the top 15 now but he would need to get at least another 1-2 championships to be in the top 10. Based on the accomplishments of those in the top 5, he would need to get at least 4 championships to be in that group.
Jellincon

Postby LeX Da KiD on Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:59 am

smh bspn is blowing bron bron hard
LeX Da KiD

Postby Magic Skywalker on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:05 am

Jellincon wrote:^Yeah I believe he his around the top 15 now but he would need to get at least another 1-2 championships to be in the top 10. Based on the accomplishments of those in the top 5, he would need to get at least 4 championships to be in that group.

And who knows, maybe by the day he actually deserves the praise they're giving him now, BSPN might move on to the next young superstar.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby Thenextgreat on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:31 am

It is a shorten season folks...let's not get carried away...
Thenextgreat

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:35 am

By the way , Magic at it again : " Kobe is not even close to MJ "
wcsoldier81

Postby XXIV on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:38 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:By the way , Magic at it again : " Kobe is not even close to MJ "

Yea that was a WTF moment.
XXIV

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:42 am

XXIV wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:By the way , Magic at it again : " Kobe is not even close to MJ "

Yea that was a WTF moment.

Magic is one of the biggest " caught in the moment " so called "expert" but still straight disrespectful here
wcsoldier81

Postby Jellincon on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:23 am

And that is why I can't stand Magic Johnson as an analysis. The guy can never make up his mind and he always gets caught up in the moment. When Kobe got ring 5, Magic said on national television that Kobe is the greatest Laker ever (which is debatable). That means even greater than Magic according to him. Now he says that Kobe isn't close to MJ. Wouldn't that mean Magic also isn't close to MJ as well (according to Magic)? See how stupid that is? He is indirectly downplaying his greatness based on what he said in the past during the heat of the moment. I'm tired of these past legends (Magic, Barkley) acting like MJ is some untouchable basketball god not to be compared to anyone even if said player is a top 10 or top 5 player all time. I think these guys hold MJ in such high regard because they were beaten by him in the finals or he stopped said player from winning a ring. I never here Kareem say MJ is the greatest ever. Actually, I remember reading an article a few years back when Kareem said he believes he is the greatest of all time or that it isn't just MJ who can be considered the greatest of all time (which is a valid argument).
Jellincon

Postby gcclaker on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:56 am

Jellincon wrote:Actually, I remember reading an article a few years back when Kareem said he believes he is the greatest of all time or that it isn't just MJ who can be considered the greatest of all time (which is a valid argument).

Abdul-Jabbar I recall said that Chamberlain was the best scorer in NBA history or something along those lines. He made that comment when Pippen alluded to his former teammate as the greatest scorer ever.

Loved Johnson as a player and respect him madly being a pillar in the community with his businesses but he mostly has knee-jerk reactions whenever he makes a statement.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:18 am

That's insane they've moved LeBron up so far already after one title. Look LeBron is fantastic, he deserves his praise after this title, but the bias is unbearable. If I can clearly remember Mike Wilbon and a few other anaylst after Kobe won 5, yes 5 said he was only top 10 material, before he got 4 no one had him in their top 20 that has to hurt and then Kobe looking at television and seeing LeBron placed on such a high platform already. And Kobe always has to hear that it's Shaq's first 3 rings, LeBron isn't hearing well it's Wade, Bosh rings too. That's so not fair, I also didn't hear the it's Shaq's ring with D-Wade either. I've come to notice it's not how you win or how you got to the win it's clearly only about stats, it's funny because Kobe has those too. I was reading under a youtube video and they have LeBron ranked behind MJ and Kobe, Magic, Larry behind them, these are recent comments BTW. I hope Kobe has two more amazing seasons (thought it probably won't matter) before he retires.
Jazzygirl205

Postby 100%effort on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:00 pm

Sighs ...
100%effort

Postby checkers09 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:12 pm

Ugh.

I didn't know Lebron/Heat winning a title is another bullet point in the Kobe vs Jordan debate. I don't even see how the two correlate.

Yet as I watched him Monday, I could not help think how little it mattered and how right he is. He is not fading into the shadows. He does not know how to go out that way.[.]
checkers09

Postby Balance&Options24 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:27 pm

Not that I would be surprised but Im sure they will air the Heat parade.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby intuitivelOve on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Balance&Options24 wrote:Not that I would be surprised but Im sure they will air the Heat parade.

air the parade??!??? pshhh they will have 3 of their own reporters live at the parade giving up to date coverage like everyone is living in Miami!!! :man8: :man10:
intuitivelOve

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:04 pm

Magic is such an [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] clown as an analyst.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby ragesince1516 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:39 pm

GNC wrote:avoiding any sports related media for the near future..

Me only eufa . com
As good as anybody, much much better than most.
ragesince1516

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:15 pm

:man10:
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Weezy on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:32 pm

LEBRONSPN can go f themselves for even suggesting that. At least they have Shaq there though, his 2000 playoffs IS worthy of that question.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion