God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Re: God I hate ESPN

Postby OX1947 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:58 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Can't wait for Jemele Hill to give her opinion....

"Mike Brown was fired strictly because he was black....."

I think that pig is secretly a mod at LG. I remember my final rift over at LG was calling her a racist pig in a post. And then the female mod over there got mad at me, we went back and forth and then she banned me, and then I came back a few weeks later but the damage was done, as soon as I said one thing that was not suiting someone, they banned me for good.

Jemele Hill is the faction in this country that keeps themselves relevant by using the race card. The race card has all three sides of the factions paying attention. One, the racist pigs like her who have no talent but to use it as a crutch in their journalism or discussions, those like me who know it's bullcrap, and the (bleep) who wont confront her on it because they are worried about being dubbed racists themselves.
OX1947

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:03 pm

I got jumped on by posters for how Popovich took swipes at the Laker org ... check this gem from Eric Spoelstra. If that guy didn't have the talent he has with Miami he'd be another Mike Brown ... unemployed.
"Miami endured similar early struggles when James and Chris Bosh first joined Dwyane Wade in Miami two seasons ago. The Heat started 9-8 during the 2010-11 season, and their frustrations spilled over during a team meeting after a loss at Dallas in November. Like Brown, Spoelstra also initially had to deal with players privately grumbling about his offense and their roles in it.

But the Heat quickly regrouped and advanced to the Finals that first season before losing to the Mavericks in six games. They avenged that setback last season to win the title, and all the early turbulence is now a faded memory in Miami.

Spoelstra said one difference between the Heat's and Lakers' situations is that he had more support from owner Micky Arison and team president Pat Riley, who groomed Spoelstra for the head coaching position when Riley retired as coach following the 2007-08 season.

'Looking at our situation, it was something much, much different,' Spoelstra said. 'We had patience. The stability comes from Micky and Pat. They were thinking big picture the whole way. There wasn't a panic, even when we were 9-8. I felt great confidence from them, but it needed to be said. All we needed was to get our hands dirty, get to work and figure out collectively how to get out of that hole.'"

Here's Lebron's take:

"I think it's unfortunate," James said Friday after the Heat's win in Atlanta against the Hawks. "I just don't think he got a fair shake, honestly. With the shortened season last year, and five games into this year, he didn't really get a full season."

BSPN trying every way possible to make the Lakers org look bad. I hope the Lakers players are taking note of all the idiotic coaches and players taking swipes at the Lakers org.
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby Tobias Funke on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:19 pm

F*** all these fools. Wasn't Brown released by the Cavs as a way of enticing Lebron to re-sign with them? And ofcourse we have no way of knowing, but if we did, Id bet anything that Lebron would have voted to have Spo fired when they started 9-8.

Greaseface Rivers was also talking smack saying its unfair and he feels for Brown, I guess he's looking at the fact that Boston kept him even after his team won less than 60 games combined in the two seasons prior to getting KG and Ray. But lets not forget that magical run of games he had that lead to his firing in Orlando.

Throw a ring at these chumps and all of a sudden they're experts on winning and professionalism.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:29 pm

cannot claim this as a creation, but it's awesome
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Weezy on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:25 pm

I've got to bump this, one because every show I've seen on ESPN today has brought up the "the Lakres are 1-11 (or whatever it is) when Kobe scores 30+. Aside from that, ESPN just loves drama, bad news, all that stuff. The first 15+ minutes of SportsCenter today were entirely about the Lakers and how bad we are, they seem to be very happy about it with their clever puns and headlines. I guess my point is they wouldn't even be talking about us if we were something like 17-5, but we're bad so we need to be the lead story. Eh, in the end I guess that's just the media, a disaster is a big story.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:56 pm

^thats why I haven't watched any ESPN in forever. If LA was undefeated they would probably get no pub at all. They want LA to fail it makes for better headlines
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:12 pm

A lot of their anchors and I assume producers are from the East Coast, so they seem to like to watch the Lakers suffer, a lot of them often what teams they are fans of, only a few are Laker fans, and they rarely mention it. To be fair to ESPN though, they've had very little Heat coverage this year, I barely even know what's up with them, don't know their record or what numbers LeBron is averaging. Compared to last year they are barely covering them at all, it's been mostly the Knicks for being so good, and the Lakers for being so bad. Aside from them liking to pile on the Laker suffering though, I like a lot of their programing, love Around the Horn, PTI, Numbers Never Lie, Dan LeBastard is Highly Questionable (his father is hilarious), E:60, and I like First Take, Mike and Mike in the Morning, SportsNation and occasionally Outside the Lines. I really love their 30 for 30 films though, those things are excellent.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakeShow09 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:19 am

Watching the little "stats ticker" that runs along the bottom of ESPN, I noticed something over the past few weeks. You will see the game scores and point totals for players (Wade - 26 points, James - 24 points, Durant - 29 points, etc). But whenever Kobe's stats roll by you will see a little addition to the stat line: Bryant - 32 points (10 out of 28 FGA). They rarely show the shot attempts for anyone else. Just Kobe.
LakeShow09

Postby JLaker17 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:37 am

I don't know if its been this way recently, haven't watched in awhile. But with other superstars they would put 28 points, followed by 6 assists or the amount of rebounds or sometimes both. With Kobe, unless he gets the double it would only say points, kind of like he didnt do anything but score which isnt the case.
JLaker17

Postby Greatest of All Time on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:07 pm

They also changed the 0-10 when he scores 30 or wutever to 0-7 when he scores 35+ at least on his BSPN fantasy basketball profile.
Greatest of All Time

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:38 pm

They have to deminish Kobe because what he is doing hasn't been done before.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:46 am

Kobe bias has been there since Kobe entered the league. It'll be there after too...
Jazzygirl205

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:38 pm

Greatest of All Time wrote:They also changed the 0-10 when he scores 30 or wutever to 0-7 when he scores 35+ at least on his BSPN fantasy basketball profile.

This. The main thing that has pissed me off recently is this. Previously it was kobe's record when he scores 30+. Now they're using 35+ because they know they'll just look stupid using 30+. When are they going to reealize that that has very little to do with whether we win or not. What next? The record of 40+? lol, espn is just pathetic.

I honestly have slowly lost respect to alot of the major "news" sites. I remember earlier last year in one of my ethics classes, I learned some stations aren't even truthful with their news. In one instance, they titled it "live from Baghdad" right under the anchor, while the anchor was actually in a random place near the studio, with props and stuff making it seem like there were bombs going off off camera. Youtube it. This is just one example. I'm beginning to lose respect for most major news outlets. Because it seems like in order to stay at the top, they'll do whatever it takes to keep those viewers.
King of Clutch

Postby Cleansed on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:23 pm

King of Clutch wrote:
Greatest of All Time wrote:They also changed the 0-10 when he scores 30 or wutever to 0-7 when he scores 35+ at least on his BSPN fantasy basketball profile.

This. The main thing that has pissed me off recently is this. Previously it was kobe's record when he scores 30+. Now they're using 35+ because they know they'll just look stupid using 30+. When are they going to reealize that that has very little to do with whether we win or not. What next? The record of 40+? lol, espn is just pathetic.

I honestly have slowly lost respect to alot of the major "news" sites. I remember earlier last year in one of my ethics classes, I learned some stations aren't even truthful with their news. In one instance, they titled it "live from Baghdad" right under the anchor, while the anchor was actually in a random place near the studio, with props and stuff making it seem like there were bombs going off off camera. Youtube it. This is just one example. I'm beginning to lose respect for most major news outlets. Because it seems like in order to stay at the top, they'll do whatever it takes to keep those viewers.

Welcome to the light :)
I've seen this and other examples over the years.

The rabbit hole runs much , much deeper. That will become evident as you research more.

read my sig.
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
Cleansed

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:38 pm

As expected, Kobe is getting killed on ESPN today for having zero assists yesterday. Skip Bayless went on a huge rant about how Kobe went back to mamba basketball and stopped facilitating, clearly didn't actually watch the game. Stephen A didn't defend Kobe either. Then Jalen Rose goes on and on about how easy it is to get one assist at least by putting guys in good position to make shots. Clearly NONE of these people did anything but look at a box score today and not watch the game at all or they wouldn't be spouting this nonsense. Normally I let this stuff roll right off me, but today it pissed me off. Kobe hit guys for open shots all night, Meeks, Nash, Jamison, MWP, Howard, and not ONE of them made a shot off of those passes, and that's Kobe's fault? Nobody moved, nobody cut, they stood around and left Kobe to iso and work with nothing, ESPECIALLY Dwight. Kobe spoon fed Jamison for a layup and Jamison got REJECTED by Green, is that on Kobe too? Tired of these so-called experts thinking they know everything and that they know better than Kobe, a 17 year vet and all time great basketball player, and turning on him after one supposedly bad game that wasn't even actually a bad game for him, it's a freaking joke.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:48 pm

Kobe - 9/15.......Kobe missed 6 shots

Teammates - 27/72.........THEY MISSED 45 SHOTS and shot 38%......

Kobe's fault. :jam2:

A team puts up 72 shots and it's Kobe's fault for not facilitating? :man3:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:50 pm

Yeah, apparently Kobe had too many shots with 15 after 3 quarters and didn't get his teammates involved enough according to Skip, and according to Jalen he didn't put them in the right spots to get good shots.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Laker Link on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:56 pm

The Laker Link

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:55 pm

It isn't shocking that they are killing Kobe today. Hell, we could tell just from the level of Kobe haters that crawled out on CL since last night. Kobe did the same thing he has done for the last 8 games or so. He sets up on the block and wait for teammates to rotate and cut. Last night besides missing shots our guys didn't move nearly enough if at all. Also, half of Dwights misses came off of entry passes by Kobe. Of course that doesn't matter as long as they can dump on the Lakers and Kobe specifically.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:10 pm

Thank God I didn't watch ESPN, Kobe's new nickname should be Mr. "Can't get right" because whatever he does people find a way to bash him and blame him. It's become laughable because you'd assume since he's close to retirement the respect level for him as an athlete would be on display more than the same old school stupid hatred he received years ago.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:21 pm

nevermind...
Jazzygirl205

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:24 pm

Indeed, there was little to no mention of him being 9-15 shooting, 9-9 free throws, only zero assists was the highlight. As if he was going to keep up the 12 assists per game thing every night or as if we'd have won had he had even 5 assists or so. Still a blowout no matter what he did yesterday, nobody else showed up.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:31 pm

Weezy wrote:Indeed, there was little to no mention of him being 9-15 shooting, 9-9 free throws, only zero assists was the highlight. As if he was going to keep up the 12 assists per game thing every night or as if we'd have won had he had even 5 assists or so. Still a blowout no matter what he did yesterday, nobody else showed up.

Not to mention he easily could have had 4-5 assists if teammates stopped bricking WIDE OPEN jumpers.
phoenixrisingla

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:36 pm

Oh man.... I just saw 2 of the talking heads on ESPN running with this now saying that what Mitch said about Dwight this morning and face of the franchise stuff is same as meaning Jim Buss is maybe ready to be bold and choose Dwight over Kobe to go forward. Like get rid of him like Shaq leaving with young Kobe staying. It was low even for them.

:mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
LTLakerFan

Postby Scnottaken on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:41 am

I actually saw something surprising. During a game between. . . I forget, but they were actually PRAISING Kobe!

Also, watching the replay of the game on ESPN. . . I hate Jalen Rose. Telling me that we're skipping some of the game AND watching more commercials.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion