God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Re: God I hate ESPN: Cowherd - Kobe shots too much!

Postby retro_nights on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:19 pm

Cowherd is actually a huge Kobe fan, I listen to him everyday on the way to work.

But he also knows how to attract listeners, its his job, he knows exactly what hes doing.
---
Team lakers
retro_nights

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:56 pm

Are the Lakers secretly a good team?

OK, it might not be much of a secret anymore, because the Lakers are suddenly looking a lot like the team they were supposed to be when the season started. Last night's close win over a struggling Mavericks team brought Los Angeles to 11-4 in their past 15 games, and they're only 2½ games out of the last playoff spot in the Western Conference. That spot usually doesn't portend success, but it's a unique situation; this team and the one that started the season 17-25 have precious little in common.

bigapplemortgage: "I'm not a Kobe Bryant fan but that man is a killer. Top 3 scorer, maybe top 2 scorer of all time."

legacyreaper33: "Laker haters must be getting nervous. Lakers are playing .700 ball since their "new season" started."

Casketjez: "Great performance by Kobe last night, he hit some amazing, difficult shots. That being said: I don't get how all the Laker fans are happy with the way the Lakers won that game. Again, Kobe hit some amazing shots but he never looked to get anybody else involved. After he hit that one tough three he had about 4 or 5 consecutive posessions where he wasn't taking good shots. Yes, they went in but that' recipe is not going to win them many games in the playoffs. Not with Howard committing stupid fouls and giving them almost nothing. And remember: this was against a mediocre at best Mavs team."

UCLAkersDodgers: "2 1/2 out isn't impossible. The test will be if they unravel once they lose a game."

J-Short37: "Hard fought and needed win from the Lake show, it was good to see Kobe turn back the hands of time and Nash for that matter. Next game will be a huge test but if we can keep it close like this we havea shot at the end of the game like this one. "

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/8983172/are-lakers-secretly-good-team
Chillbongo

Re: God I hate ESPN

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:42 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Oh Boy Mr. Skip Bayless proves again he does not watch the Lakers. He just said that Kobe/Nash doesn't work because "Kobe has turned Nash into a spot up shooter. While Kobe goes 1 on 2 Nash just sits in the corner. This isn't the two-time MVP Nash at all. They have taken the pick and roll away from him. It doesn't work." He also said, the Lakers winning is fools gold because Kobe and Nash don't work and Kobe can't play at this level to win games.

I feel like a fool for thinking they would actually give the Lakers and Kobe props for playing the way they should of been playing all season long. Umm. Nope. Guess thats too much.

Holy crap! Really? That tool said all that B.S.? You're right, he's clearly not watching our games. Well Skippo....180 degree off base BS flying out of your mouth will work for a few years I guess on that network, but you're not going to be around a long time. Crappy sports journalism lives here.
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:50 pm

Love the CL reference from whoever here changed the thread title to those immortal words, "Kobe shots too much" :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: But then on second thought if that was the gist of Cowherd today, then eff him too. Mental midget. Watch the effing games and come up with something "accurate". Try it out some time.....see how it works for you. :bang:
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:16 pm

lakerswiz wrote:She drives around in a god damn oval.

And he's watching her? His choice?

Tell me again why y'all still care about what Skip says?

Well as much as Skip is a TOOL and as much as I think it is a joke for a NASCAR driver to be doing it......have you seen some of the skimpy underwear.....errrrr....outfits she promotes her tight body.....errrrr......NASCAR personna with? :man4:
LTLakerFan

Postby Weezy on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:25 pm

Kobe shot over 21 times and we lost, NOW that stat will show up. :man1:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:33 pm

Weezy wrote:Skip SAID he watched the entire game, but I don't believe him, because if that were true he wouldn't have said what he said. Nash is not just a spot up shooter, he was driving and dishing, and he was running pick n roll with Dwight, he scored 20 points and was the 2nd biggest factor behind Kobe in that game. I'm not sure how anyone could watch that and say Nash and Kobe don't work or that Nash is just a spot up shooter. Neither of these guys (Kobe and Nash) can run an entire offense by themselves anymore for a whole season, they clearly need eachother to run it for stretches and right now that's working. Oh, but I do know why Skip would say it doesn't work, it's because he said it wouldn't work when we signed Nash and he doesn't like to change his stance even when he's wrong.

LOL he actually said that?
He tweeted during the 2nd quarter that he wasn't really watching:
Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless
Must admit I'm watching Danica more than I am Kobe, for now.

Danica hanging amazingly tough. With so many favorites gone, could she steal this thing?

The best driver laid low, then pounced late and won Daytona. Congrats, Jimmie Johnson. See you in Bristol.

Congrats to Danica for hanging Top 10 all day, finishing 8th. Didn't mind her playing it safe late. Still new to NASCAR. Why risk blunder?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:40 pm

Weezy wrote:Kobe shot over 21 times and we lost, NOW that stat will show up. :man1:

Oh I am sure they will come out and be on a roll for the next few days.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:34 am

Shockingly Skip is killing the Lakers for losing in Den. I am shocked. Denver is 24-3 at home yet the LA team is being killed for not being able to stop the fastbreak of a team that has only loss to losing teams on their floor.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:48 am

If it was Miami who lost last night on B2B's all people would be talking about how great the HC advantage for Denver really is.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:10 am

And how LeBron is the second coming of Jesus in a heat jersey.
Chillbongo

Postby 100%effort on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:08 pm

Turned to espn for the grizz-heat game and the pre game show was still on ... I made a baaaaaaaad decision. LeBron Love fest is reaching heights I can't stomach and I actually have no problem with him, but media the machine is too much for me. I have to mute the tv.
100%effort

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:36 pm

It was a love fest last night with the whole HARLEM SHAKE thing and some more stuff, after that they did a little segment called LeBron's best dances or something. It's just too much, I almost wanted to say get a room :man10:
Jazzygirl205

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:43 pm

THe Miami Heat are the greatest ever and Lebron is the greatest because he allowed the Heat to do the Harlem SHake video and he, wait for it, went to a college game. Yup, someone as great as him went to support the college players. We are lucky ya'll.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:28 pm

I had to watch the Denver/OKC game with the volume down because I don't know how LBJ worked his way into that one too :man10: Brent Barry..Brent Barry...Brent Barry....
Jazzygirl205

Postby The Rock on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:28 pm

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Magic Skywalker on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:31 pm

:disagree:
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby Weezy on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:47 pm

:man10: :lol: Image Image Image Image Image

Their answer is probably no, but just that they even asked the question deserves that response.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:36 pm

Must admit I'm watching Danica more than I am Kobe, for now.

Congrats to Danica for hanging Top 10 all day, finishing 8th. Didn't mind her playing it safe late. Still new to NASCAR. Why risk blunder?

Horrible. I would at least have some respect if he watched Formula 1 instead.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:32 pm

Seriously? Westbrook = next Kobe?
That actually hurts.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:33 pm

It's Skip Bayless, the guy that compared someone getting purposely punched in the balls to him being a catcher and getting hit in the balls purposely by a pitch or a foul tip.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:40 pm

wow the media have lost their damn mind.

1st Lebron is the bestest eva after 10 years.
Now, Westbrook is the next Kobe?

WOW doesn't do enough
puffyusaf#2

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:51 pm

That's a insult to me, no disrespect to Westbrook but if I was Kobe I'd be insulted..
Jazzygirl205

Postby 24/23goats on Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:58 am

i agree that westbrooks attitude is more like kobe if thats what they're trying to say. He doesnt have the skill set to be compared to kobe, but his attitude and demeanor during the game is kobe like.
24/23goats

Postby nameant on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:21 am

15 years from now most ppl won't remember the name Russell Westbrook. He's a dime a dozen athletic "star". Kobe will be a top 5 all-time player by the time he's done..if he isn't already.
nameant

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion