God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Re: God I hate ESPN: Cowherd - Kobe PEDs too much!

Postby LakerFanIam on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:39 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:Not sure I understand most of this page.

I listen to Cowherd every morning, and he is extremely complimentary of Kobe 95%+ of the time. Over the top sometimes in fact. :man3:

^^This. Not sure where people are getting the Cowherd Hates Kobe stuff from...

He definitely has high praises for LeBron & the Heat... But, anyone who tries to deny how good they are right now, doesn't watch them play.
LakerFanIam

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:01 pm

I listen to Cowherd every morning, and he is extremely complimentary of Kobe 95%+ of the time. Over the top sometimes in fact. :man3:

I don't listen to the dude can't say he loves or hates Kobe at all. My issue is with him even implying that Kobe is on PEDs at all. It isn't journalism its sensationalism which 20 years ago would have resulted in a slander case.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby easyguy on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:04 pm

Why do we have such a thread? If you hate ESPN so much, dont watch them. It's like me touching a hot stove over and over again and complaining about the burns. :man9:
easyguy

Postby LakerFanIam on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:25 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:

I don't listen to the dude can't say he loves or hates Kobe at all. My issue is with him even implying that Kobe is on PEDs at all. It isn't journalism its sensationalism which 20 years ago would have resulted in a slander case.

That's the thing Puff... He hasn't ever really even accused Kobe of using... There are just a lot of people here that hate the fact that Cowherd thinks LeBron is the best player today & he has had segments pretty much praising Kobe for his accomplishments & discussing his work ethic vs. the rampant PED use in Pro sports.

I have ESPN radio on in my car every morning & I've never hear Colin slander Kobe in any way...

Some people are just waaaay too sensitive.
LakerFanIam

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:32 pm

LakerFanIam wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

That's the thing Puff... He hasn't ever really even accused Kobe of using... There are just a lot of people here that hate the fact that Cowherd thinks LeBron is the best player today & he has had segments pretty much praising Kobe for his accomplishments & discussing his work ethic vs. the rampant PED use in Pro sports.

I have ESPN radio on in my car every morning & I've never hear Colin slander Kobe in any way...

It can't be because he is saying Lebron is better than Kobe because most fans already believe that LBJ is better. I think it has more to do with mentioning Kobe's name at all when there are so many other players who could be suspent.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:34 pm

Hey ESPN: That Kobe guy playing for that small team is pretty good.
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:16 am

LeBron makes a "game winner" layup with 4 seconds left on the clock after it goes in, it's shown for days for being so awesome...apparently. Kobe makes ridiculous shots and comebacks 2 games in a row, no big deal, it's just Kobe, he's only done it his whole career I guess. It's nice that LeBron could make a game winning layup, but seeing as how it was his first game winner since 2009(?), it's not that special. I think Joe Johnson has more game winners this season than LeBron has his whole career, so yeah. Not trying to dump on LeBron, I just think a guy doing what Kobe is doing in his 17th season at age 34 should be celebrated a little more. Also watching that "Kobe Untouchable" video I saw linked on LG today, give me prime Kobe over prime LeBron, Kobe had every move you can think of, people just forget too quickly.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:28 am

Weezy wrote:LeBron makes a "game winner" layup with 4 seconds left on the clock after it goes in, it's shown for days for being so awesome...apparently. Kobe makes ridiculous shots and comebacks 2 games in a row, no big deal, it's just Kobe, he's only done it his whole career I guess. It's nice that LeBron could make a game winning layup, but seeing as how it was his first game winner since 2009(?), it's not that special. I think Joe Johnson has more game winners this season than LeBron has his whole career, so yeah. Not trying to dump on LeBron, I just think a guy doing what Kobe is doing in his 17th season at age 34 should be celebrated a little more. Also watching that "Kobe Untouchable" video I saw linked on LG today, give me prime Kobe over prime LeBron, Kobe had every move you can think of, people just forget too quickly.

^^ Great post Weezy! :bow:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby jbiggs on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:34 am

Weezy wrote:LeBron makes a "game winner" layup with 4 seconds left on the clock after it goes in, it's shown for days for being so awesome...apparently. Kobe makes ridiculous shots and comebacks 2 games in a row, no big deal, it's just Kobe, he's only done it his whole career I guess. It's nice that LeBron could make a game winning layup, but seeing as how it was his first game winner since 2009(?), it's not that special. I think Joe Johnson has more game winners this season than LeBron has his whole career, so yeah. Not trying to dump on LeBron, I just think a guy doing what Kobe is doing in his 17th season at age 34 should be celebrated a little more. Also watching that "Kobe Untouchable" video I saw linked on LG today, give me prime Kobe over prime LeBron, Kobe had every move you can think of, people just forget too quickly.

preach :jam2: i cant believe how little play these last games are getting
KOBE FOR LIFE
jbiggs
ClubCavs.com Administrator

Location: Born in South Torrance (So Cal) and currently in Point Loma

Postby Finwë on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:00 am

What Kobe did in the ATL game, the NO game and tonight waaaay >>>>> anything I've seen lately in terms of clutchness from LeBron / Durant or any other MVP candidate.
LeBron's game-winner was nice, a solid layup, but that's it. Kobe hit a GW (against Atlanta, and I thought it was better than LBJ's), plus clutch shot after clutch shot after clutch shot in these past few days.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:25 am

Why anyone would still bother with ESPN though ? Let it go ... along with the MJ/Lebron/KD/Kobe/Westbrook/JR Smith/OJ Ketchup comparaisons ...

Fans and medias are way too obsessed with players legacy ... like it was their own career ... opinions are like [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] ... everybody has one
wcsoldier81

Postby jbiggs on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:18 am

nothing on espns front page about the game...
KOBE FOR LIFE
jbiggs

Postby TIME on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:30 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Why anyone would still bother with ESPN though ? Let it go ... along with the MJ/Lebron/KD/Kobe/Westbrook/JR Smith/OJ Ketchup comparaisons ...

Fans and medias are way too obsessed with players legacy ... like it was their own career ... opinions are like [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] ... everybody has one

Posts like this always leave me shaking my head. Here's the thing. This is a Lakers site. Mostly frequented by people who care more about the Lakers and Lakers players than anyone else on the planet. Most of us have more invested in the Lakers than we should, but that's our chosen personal entertainment focus. Why would anyone who posts on this site feel compelled to lecture the people posting here that they are "too obsessed"? It's self serving and out of place. If you have your interest in the Lakers in perfect balance unlike the rest of us too obsessed fanatics then great for you, but there really is no need to set us straight regarding our Lakers concerns.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:27 am

LakerFanIam wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

Some people are just not listening well enough apparently.

You can be complimentary while still being a hater. EVERYTHING that I posted in here from him happened. It came out of his mouth on his show. I'm not sure how my direct quoting makes me too sensitive.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:49 am

All I know is, had LeBron hit 3 ridiculous 3's in a row to send a game to overtime, then finish the game off with a dunk, he would have been declared the greatest player of all time right then and there by ESPN. For Kobe, it's just another one of those special games, we've seen it before, Portland with 65, Portland to clinch the Pacific Division title during the Shaq days, Kobe's just that good. But man, all 3 of those threes were ridiculous, one double pump, defender all over him, the next one spinning and falling away in the corner, the last one pump faking a guy out of his shoes, but still having the next guy coming right at him. Again, if that were LeBron, we wouldn't hear or see the end of it for a week. That, is what this thread is about, venting about ESPN's clear bias and to me how sad it is when a great like Kobe isn't fully celebrated/appreciated during his time.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:52 am

Bryant IS taken for granted... Media wants someone they can build not those who built themselves. I did watch the highlights last night on Sportscenter and those two hosts were really all over it. It was nice to see but nowadays turning up the volume, a couple of cute catch phrases and it passes for news journalism.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:53 am

I wonder when ESPN will put up the graphic about Kobe putting up 36 / 7 / 7 on 56% shooting in his last 8 games?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Herm24 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:15 pm

Haha .. Kobe can't even make the front page after that ridiculous performance .. ESPN is an utter joke!
Herm24

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:22 pm

TIME wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:Why anyone would still bother with ESPN though ? Let it go ... along with the MJ/Lebron/KD/Kobe/Westbrook/JR Smith/OJ Ketchup comparaisons ...

Posts like this always leave me shaking my head. Here's the thing. This is a Lakers site. Mostly frequented by people who care more about the Lakers and Lakers players than anyone else on the planet. Most of us have more invested in the Lakers than we should, but that's our chosen personal entertainment focus. Why would anyone who posts on this site feel compelled to lecture the people posting here that they are "too obsessed"? It's self serving and out of place. If you have your interest in the Lakers in perfect balance unlike the rest of us too obsessed fanatics then great for you, but there really is no need to set us straight regarding our Lakers concerns.

You got my point wrong ... I'm obsessed with the Lakers ... the team ... my point is lot of fans are caring more about individuals resume than teams success ...

My only "concern" is our number of titles , I'm obsessed with only one number : 17-16 ...

I couldn't care less if KD/Lebron or anyone else finish their career with more titles than Kobe
wcsoldier81

Postby Herm24 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:41 pm

We as fans become obsessed with players bc the Lakers have had some of the greatest players to ever play for this organization, so its only natural. The difference is we have great players that also win multiple championships .. So we have our cake AND we eat it too .. That's just the way it is when you're raised on championship basketball but make no mistake about it I don't think any sane Laker fan would exchange championships for Kobe scoring titles now .. That's just absurd
Herm24

Postby jbiggs on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:44 pm

Weezy wrote:All I know is, had LeBron hit 3 ridiculous 3's in a row to send a game to overtime, then finish the game off with a dunk, he would have been declared the greatest player of all time right then and there by ESPN. For Kobe, it's just another one of those special games, we've seen it before, Portland with 65, Portland to clinch the Pacific Division title during the Shaq days, Kobe's just that good. But man, all 3 of those threes were ridiculous, one double pump, defender all over him, the next one spinning and falling away in the corner, the last one pump faking a guy out of his shoes, but still having the next guy coming right at him. Again, if that were LeBron, we wouldn't hear or see the end of it for a week. That, is what this thread is about, venting about ESPN's clear bias and to me how sad it is when a great like Kobe isn't fully celebrated/appreciated during his time.

u always say exactly what im thinking man :bow:
KOBE FOR LIFE
jbiggs

Postby TIME on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:47 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:
TIME wrote:

You got my point wrong ... I'm obsessed with the Lakers ... the team ... my point is lot of fans are caring more about individuals resume than teams success ...

My only "concern" is our number of titles , I'm obsessed with only one number : 17-16 ...

I couldn't care less if KD/Lebron or anyone else finish their career with more titles than Kobe

My apology if I did get your post wrong, but I do think you implied more than you realized. Nevertheless, I respect your priority concern for team championships. I share that priority. I think I may take my fanaticism a step farther than you though. I'm also very interested in the legacy of great Lakers players. For me, I was first drawn to the Lakers because of specific great players. My lifelong love for the team is interwoven with the careers of Jerry West, Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Shaq, Kobe. How the careers of the Lakers greats rank among the all time great NBA players matters to me second only to the team's success.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Herm24 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:49 pm

We also just want Kobe to get his just due .. As great as he is, he's STILL under appreciated and overlooked in terms of greatness and being ranked amongst the greatest of all time .. I still hear this blaspheme when people say "maybe top 10" or even "he's top 10 now for sure" .. like are you kidding me? The guy's been top 5 .. He's knocking Jordan's door right now .. Hate all you want .. It's what makes him great .. Hate his fadeaway, his work ethic, his hunger, his swagger .. And hate that's he loved for the exact same reasons --
Herm24

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:07 pm

TIME wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:
TIME wrote:

My apology if I did get your post wrong, but I do think you implied more than you realized. Nevertheless, I respect your priority concern for team championships. I share that priority. I think I may take my fanaticism a step farther than you though. I'm also very interested in the legacy of great Lakers players. For me, I was first drawn to the Lakers because of specific great players. My lifelong love for the team is interwoven with the careers of Jerry West, Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Shaq, Kobe. How the careers of the Lakers greats rank among the all time great NBA players matters to me second only to the team's success.

No need to apology , it's cool ... I do care about players legacy to a certain degree ... the thing is these are talks and arguments are redundant ... I don't think it is necessary to compare Lebron/Kobe/MJ like every week/month ... just my personal opinion though
wcsoldier81

Postby BDG on Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:37 pm

Funny that ESPN conveniently swept Kobe's performance under the rug.

Not surprised anymore.

One of the most heroic performances of this season (and his career) and it's not even on the NBA page!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion