God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Re: God I hate ESPN

Postby Juronimo on Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:51 am

BldngWine-CrvngGold wrote:Kobe fans go into a shell when they have been beaten.

What shell is that? Does your precious PER measure how much heart it takes to play through serious pain and shut down your idol? How come your idol couldn't D up Kobe for the whole game, if he is the undisputed GOAT as you claim? These are the things that PER doesn't measure, the ability to lead and will your team to win, the ability to inspire your teammates. Kobe has that, Tim Duncan has that, all of the all time greats (Bird, Jordan, Magic, Hakeem) have that. Does Lebron have that? Maybe. I give him credit for taking that Cavs team to the finals.

T-Mac averaged 32/7/7 one season. Where is he now? Stats are important, but they're not everything.
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby BldngWine-CrvngGold on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:31 pm

Juronimo wrote:What shell is that? Does your precious PER measure how much heart it takes to play through serious pain and shut down your idol? How come your idol couldn't D up Kobe for the whole game, if he is the undisputed GOAT as you claim? These are the things that PER doesn't measure, the ability to lead and will your team to win, the ability to inspire your teammates. Kobe has that, Tim Duncan has that, all of the all time greats (Bird, Jordan, Magic, Hakeem) have that. Does Lebron have that? Maybe. I give him credit for taking that Cavs team to the finals.

T-Mac averaged 32/7/7 one season. Where is he now? Stats are important, but they're not everything.

Like i said, i'm not trying to say kobe isn't a good leader warrior whatever. He is. It's just lebron is better. Everyone he's every played with, or has coached him has said he is/was the leader of their team. Coach K can be quoted as saying lebron was their vocal leader out on the court, while kobe did most of his leading by example rather than speaking. You need both on a great team. The reason our defense is so great is because Mike Brown puts in tremendous schemes, and Lebron DEMANDS that his teammates play top level defense. In any pre game interview, he addresses that defense isthe key to a victory. He is always the last one to leave the gym during practices, and he was lifting weights after game 7 last year. He plays both great on and off the ball defense, often negating passing lanes on the opposite end of the court. He is the quarterback of both the defense and offense, and was often the same for team USA. They ran a lot of lebron isolations at the top and had him create offense. (cavs fans refer to it as the "Leiso" scheme It discourages ball movement, but is highly effective in spurts). All of these intangables that you claim he doesn't have...well he does. These aren't things that i'm saying he has that Kobe doesnt, its just that if you couple these with the numbers you have one helluva player in lebron, the best in the game.

Oh and when did i say he was th GOAT? he could get there, but he's not even close yet. i just said he is the best player in basketball RIGHT NOW.
BldngWine-CrvngGold

Postby JoeHeff on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:49 pm

LOL! You can't even keep track of all the things you are saying, obviously. You started out trying so hard to sound like a legitimate laker fan just giving props where you felt they were due... :man10:

BldngWine-CrvngGold wrote:First, I’m an unabashed Kobe homer. I have researched and argued the technicalities of certain provisions of the Colorado criminal code. Last week, I was teaching my two year old girl how to write letters for the first time and led with, “think of a word you really like, some person or thing you love and I’ll write that word.” Her immediate reply, unprovoked: “Kobe.” I’ve advocated for him endless times in mvp debates, his place among the greats of all time, his feud with Shaq, etc., etc. Yet, in this current debate, I must give way to clear reason and cry uncle. As a basketball player, Lebron is better. Than Kobe has ever been.

And what might those be? He got into the lane enough against the lakers, he just wasn't getting any calls early (and don't tell me those weren't fouls) so he slowly began shying away from it. And during the chicago game he was sick as hell and had no lift in his legs. He just wasn't finishing around the basket like he normally does because he didnt have his usual 44 inch vertical.

Then started whining about calls against Lebron... (Seriously, with Lebron shooting more free throws than Kobe? Seriously???? A KOBE HOMER????) Do any Lakers fans even care/remember that Lebron was sick and couldn't jump against the Bulls? Especially a fan that has been posting here long enough to rack up a whole 13 posts! You truly are a hardcore basketball fan that has been a Kobe homer forever, and watches all the other games in the leaugue even when it's cleveland vs. The bull (cough.. bull... cough).

And here is where you REALLY blow it, going from that guy that you presented in your first post as a respectful Kobe homer praising Lebron, to a straight up troll, admitting that this is all about an argument, and you are "winning." GG
BldngWine-CrvngGold wrote: With every touch that lebron has, he is more efficiant with the ball than Kobe. PER POSSESION he does more for his team than Kobe EVER HAS. Sorry guys, but i can win this argument all day long.

BldngWine-CrvngGold wrote:Kobe fans go into a shell when they have been beaten.

Sorry buddy, your beloved Lebron is the one that was "beaten", on the court where it counts. See you in June, if you make it past Orlando and Boston.
Lakers by 60.
JoeHeff

Postby Lakers Advocate on Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:57 pm

BldngWine-CrvngGold wrote:
Juronimo wrote:What shell is that? Does your precious PER measure how much heart it takes to play through serious pain and shut down your idol? How come your idol couldn't D up Kobe for the whole game, if he is the undisputed GOAT as you claim? These are the things that PER doesn't measure, the ability to lead and will your team to win, the ability to inspire your teammates. Kobe has that, Tim Duncan has that, all of the all time greats (Bird, Jordan, Magic, Hakeem) have that. Does Lebron have that? Maybe. I give him credit for taking that Cavs team to the finals.

Like i said, i'm not trying to say kobe isn't a good leader warrior whatever. He is. It's just lebron is better. Everyone he's every played with, or has coached him has said he is/was the leader of their team. Coach K can be quoted as saying lebron was their vocal leader out on the court, while kobe did most of his leading by example rather than speaking. You need both on a great team. The reason our defense is so great is because Mike Brown puts in tremendous schemes, and Lebron DEMANDS that his teammates play top level defense. In any pre game interview, he addresses that defense isthe key to a victory. He is always the last one to leave the gym during practices, and he was lifting weights after game 7 last year. He plays both great on and off the ball defense, often negating passing lanes on the opposite end of the court. He is the quarterback of both the defense and offense, and was often the same for team USA. They ran a lot of lebron isolations at the top and had him create offense. (cavs fans refer to it as the "Leiso" scheme It discourages ball movement, but is highly effective in spurts). All of these intangables that you claim he doesn't have...well he does. These aren't things that i'm saying he has that Kobe doesnt,.

LMFAO..WOW......are you kidding me?......Kobe's been doing all that, that's what he's known for and what makes him the best.....Lebron got all that from Kobe....and i doubt lebron does all that......
Lakers Advocate

Postby borri on Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:12 pm

Thats the thing that confounds me about BSPN'S coverage of the NBA.

Their NFL coverage is second to none. The way they breakdown film and such is a joy to watch.

Their baseball coverage is also very good.

Why the bullcrap with the NBA? I think because NBA lends itself more to individuals. There's no doubt that the league started to market a player more than the team...since MJ. Now it's Kobe and the Lakers versus Wade and the Heat. It didn't use to be like that...back when Magic and Bird played....it was Lakers v Celtics.

The conspiracy theorist in me says, that the current marketing system installed by Stern lends itself to outside influences...Nike etc. Who have large stakes in how players are perceived. Alot of cash is invested in these guys....probably...including a sizeable chunk paid directly to ESPN to hype up certain "more marketable" players.
borri

Postby BldngWine-CrvngGold on Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:13 pm

Lakers Advocate wrote:LMFAO..WOW......are you kidding me?......Kobe's been doing all that, that's what he's known for and what makes him the best.....Lebron got all that from Kobe....and i doubt lebron does all that......

Dude READ WHAT I SAID. I said that they AREN'T things lebron has that kobe doesnt, I said KOBE HAS THOSE THINGS. Can you not read?

Joe Heff: That wasn't something i wrote, it was a blog i found written by a Laker fan. Idiot.
BldngWine-CrvngGold

Postby Weezy on Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:18 pm

Lakers Advocate wrote:LMFAO..WOW......are you kidding me?......Kobe's been doing all that, that's what he's known for and what makes him the best.....Lebron got all that from Kobe....and i doubt lebron does all that......

Dude READ WHAT I SAID. I said that they AREN'T things lebron has that kobe doesnt, I said KOBE HAS THOSE THINGS. Can you not read?

Joe Heff: That wasn't something i wrote, it was a blog i found written by a Laker fan. Idiot.

Keep up the personal attacks, please, you won't be around much longer.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:32 pm

Weezy wrote:

Keep up the personal attacks, please, you won't be around much longer.

suprise the blatant troll is still here to begin with
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:18 am

theyre at it again!

CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Daloyalfan18 on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:48 am

That's just strange lol.
Daloyalfan18

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:02 am

well they gave Milsap the best game on the daily dime for playing without injury for the first time in forever
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:38 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:well they gave Milsap the best game on the daily dime for playing without injury for the first time in forever

Apparently they changed it because Bynum is there now, they must have put Milsap there before our game. Also, I'm pretty sure that if the Cavs are playing and win, the Daily Dime will mostly be about LeBron, as it is today.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakersChamps04 on Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:18 am

lol..if you watched sports center you wouldn't have been able to tell that kobe had a triple double...now just imagine if bron had it lol.."first up, lebrons third triple double in the last 9 games......" but kobe.."and kobe, finishing with 18 point and dishing out 12 assists..." lol im like 'are you f'ing kidding?!?!...wheres the recognition??"
LakersChamps04

Postby jedi master on Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:22 am

today hollinger was heralding lebrick for going 7-17 from midrange. since when was that a good thing!?
jedi master

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:36 am

Weezy wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:well they gave Milsap the best game on the daily dime for playing without injury for the first time in forever

Apparently they changed it because Bynum is there now, they must have put Milsap there before our game. Also, I'm pretty sure that if the Cavs are playing and win, the Daily Dime will mostly be about LeBron, as it is today.

When I looked our game had been over for about two hours atleast they changed it because Drew had a huge game..... its awesome that ESPN can be totally bias and not have to worry about it.
puffyusaf#2

Postby DarthRekal on Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:50 am

how they gonnabe next year when they carry the Lakers on radio...??? UGH!
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:36 am

jedi master wrote:today hollinger was heralding lebrick for going 7-17 from midrange. since when was that a good thing!?

well he has been playing injured with a torn ligament in his finger and a dislocated ring finger cause he is a soldier.............oh wait nvm
puffyusaf#2

Postby JoeHeff on Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:54 am

I was just coming to check to see if anyone posted about today's Dime by Hollinger, looks like that's a yes! Just wanted to chime in that I couldn't read past the first 2 sentences.
PORTLAND -- LeBron James had no high-flying dunks, no highlight-film finishes and no crowd-pleasing rejections.

What he did have was 34 points and 14 assists in Cleveland's 104-98 win over the Trail Blazers, and for that reason the rest of the league should be very, very afraid.

We should be very very afraid, huh? Did he forget that we force him to take jumpshots and dish the ball, and it paid off in an 18-point blowout just a few days ago???

I do like Hollinger for his rankings and such... even though a lot of people disagree with the way he values certain stats (particularly his individual stats), I respect him for his team rankings and how they are totally unbiased and treat every team the same. But whenever I read one of his articles lately, I just have to shake my head.
Lakers by 60.
JoeHeff

Postby JoeHeff on Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:57 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:well he has been playing injured with a torn ligament in his finger and a dislocated ring finger cause he is a soldier.............oh wait nvm

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :jam2:
Lakers by 60.
JoeHeff

Postby knm131 on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:03 am

JoeHeff wrote:I was just coming to check to see if anyone posted about today's Dime by Hollinger, looks like that's a yes! Just wanted to chime in that I couldn't read past the first 2 sentences.
PORTLAND -- LeBron James had no high-flying dunks, no highlight-film finishes and no crowd-pleasing rejections.

What he did have was 34 points and 14 assists in Cleveland's 104-98 win over the Trail Blazers, and for that reason the rest of the league should be very, very afraid.

We should be very very afraid, huh? Did he forget that we force him to take jumpshots and dish the ball, and it paid off in an 18-point blowout just a few days ago???

I do like Hollinger for his rankings and such... even though a lot of people disagree with the way he values certain stats (particularly his individual stats), I respect him for his team rankings and how they are totally unbiased and treat every team the same. But whenever I read one of his articles lately, I just have to shake my head.

I don't get this.

When Kobe has an off night/game, and the next night he has a good one, are you honestly upset when ESPN would write something positive about Kobe because they "forgot" the prior team forced him to take bad jumpers all game?
knm131

Postby wallangong on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:11 am

^ i think he's more upset with the way Hollinger's article was saying the league should be "very, very afraid." like that's the Lebron we should expect to see on a regular basis. he's saying if Lebron goes 7-17 on jumpers (avg. per game) for the rest of the season, don't expect Cleveland to lose much. i think it's taking a decent shooting night a little far.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:22 am

Wow I just read the article hollinger wrote for the Daily Dime here is some of the better slurp moments

THe league should be afraid Lebron hit a jumper

Instead of dunking and driving, James put on a jump-shooting clinic on a stunned Blazer defense that did everything right and still ended up being burned. Portland closed off the lane to his drives right from the opening tip, when James blew past Nicolas Batum along the left baseline and went up for a rim-rattler, only to be met up high by Greg Oden and swatted.

he almost gave Portland credit................but he follows that with this gem:

However, James's answer was superior -- to take one quick dribble to either side and effortlessly loft a midrange jumper over a helpless Blazer defender. (took some stuff out) Just seven of his 30 shots came in the paint, but he was 7-of-17 on midrange jumpers and 3 of 6 on 3-pointers.

so he is saying that Port made Bron take jumpers and he made them? That was a superior answer.....LMAO
Then games says this about it:

"That's fine with me," James said of Portland's strategy. "That's something I worked at in the offseason. If guys are gonna close the interior, just stay on the exterior and make shots. Most of my shots were jump shots tonight but I felt really comfortable."

I like how it is news that he felt comfortable shooting jumpers good thing he doesn't play basketball or anything.

how about the next praise for the Bron pole:
That, mind you, was when he wasn't taking advantage of all the defensive attention by playing the drive-draw-and-kick game so well he looked like a 6-9 version of Steve Nash. James dished 14 assists while spoon-feeding a 33-point night to Mo Williams, and even played the point for a stretch of the second quarter when Sasha Pavlovic and Wally Szczerbiak were Cleveland's other perimeter players.

Wow we have a new name for the King..... How about Bronash? Bron should be tired spoon feeding these guys. What happened when Portland adjusted you may ask? Well they tell us:

All James did was wait for precisely the right minute to loft it over to Williams, who closed out the Blazers' chances with two late 3-pointers that took a four-point lead to eight with 46 seconds left.

Ahh the precise minute that is an air of perfection mere mortals can not fathom thats for sure.... But wait they needed two Mo williams 3 pointers to win? By they way this article was written I figure Bron sat the 4th because he disected Port so masterfully.

Can someone tell me what this was about? Oh wait he tells us with this:
But this night was all about James and his ability to lift up a weary and injured Cavs team on a night they desperately needed it. Minus Ilgauskas and West, the Cavs' offensive options are far more limited, and the defensive attention on James all the greater.

Ahh now I see, whew i was worried I wouldn't know what it was about. Lebron deserves all the awards for carrying such a tragic team. Can we give him the Nobel Peace Prize?

So did he make himself "really" known in this game?
Yet he carried the Cavs on his back once again, most notably in the third quarter. James accounted for all but two of the Cavs' 21 points in the period, scoring 14 points on his own -- all of which came on long jumpers

Now this is balling the dude had a great qtr where he also assisted on another shot. To bad it is the only valid point so far in this article.

Did anyone else do anything?
The only bucket that didn't involve him came when Wally Szczerbiak (an unsung hero with 10 boards) grabbed an offensive rebound and dished to Varejao for a dunk.

Oh Wally getting 10 boards just happens to slip in..... he must of needed filler and couldnt figure out how to praise Bron more.............

Until:
In leading the Cleveland victory, James gave the Cavs an important bounce-back win following Monday night's loss in Los Angeles -- something that's becoming a trademark of this squad, which is now 8-0 following losses

Oh now I see LBJ has shown that the Cavs recover well now that is a good point..... lets see thats 2 in this article now. Yippie

Anyway whats the point?
Of course, if James keeps hitting jumpers like this, how the Cavs play after losses doesn't figure to matter much -- it's likely to become an exceedingly rare event.

I see so going 14-30 for 34 points and barely betting the Blazers by 6 is enough to say that the league is in trouble, Got it. I love journalism it is great.
Heres the link just incase you want to read the whole article but this has most of it.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime ... ime-090122" rel="nofollow
puffyusaf#2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:24 am

knm131 wrote:
JoeHeff wrote:I was just coming to check to see if anyone posted about today's Dime by Hollinger, looks like that's a yes! Just wanted to chime in that I couldn't read past the first 2 sentences.

I don't get this.

When Kobe has an off night/game, and the next night he has a good one, are you honestly upset when ESPN would write something positive about Kobe because they "forgot" the prior team forced him to take bad jumpers all game?

when exactly does this happen again. Kobe has 45 assist in four games, two triple-doubles and is playing with 1 and 2/3 hands yet nothing barely a blip from the unbiased espn. So again when do they do it?
puffyusaf#2

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:58 am

Who cares...I don't even bother to go there, I just browse LA based websites...pe, times, ocregister etc. The problem is some of you look for affirmation where there will be none.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby DarthRekal on Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:23 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Who cares...I don't even bother to go there, I just browse LA based websites...pe, times, ocregister etc. The problem is some of you look for affirmation where there will be none.

i try to do that.. but problem is their website is so robust and has everything right there...

other sports sites like si.com or yahoo.com have very little article wise and dont get updated as quick ...

it sucks theres NO other outlet for needs :man5:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion