God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Re: God I hate ESPN

Postby Weezy on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:02 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:While talking about the importance of the Olympics (team vs individual or not at all) Mr. JA Adande said that the biggest story is Lebron being able to win the League MVP, Finals MVP, Championship and Gold medal. That would be the greatest year ever (or something like that). I agree that is a great individual year but the olympics are about more than that..... Geesh

Not for LEBRONSPN they aren't, every reference to team USA on that station is "Lebron and company/crew/the boys".
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:08 pm

^Its a damn shame. The guy finally plays well and all of a sudden its all about him. They even talk about Wade being the reason we beat Spain in the last Olympics completely forgetting that it was Kobe that took over the game that sealed it before Wade hit his last two shots.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:16 pm

They were just waiting for his first championship to put him on an even higher pedestal, that's one reason I was dreading it. Nevermind that Kobe is still the most popular player, or is sacrificing and only playing defense and being a playmaker on offense, LeBron is great and Kobe is just losing weight because he's jealous. I really have lost a lost a lot of my LeBron hate since he won and since he's representing Team USA right now, but the hate for the media love and hype he gets is still strong.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:27 pm

yea its a joke. I was watching the Spain game and all the announcer kept saying is they need to get Lebron the ball and let him playmake. Not CP3 or DWill but Lebron. When Kobe was playmaking it was a "oh well thats ok" but the King makes a pass and its amazing. They did give Melo the credit for being the US's best FIBA player. It is almost as if its the Cleveland Cavs playing with Lebron.. um its TEAM USA!
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:33 pm

Seriously almost every player out there can get their own shot, half of them are playmakers. But, ya it's get the ball in LeBrons hands, as if team USA is struggling to win at all as they've been playing, Melo tore it up last game for example.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:19 pm

What I hate about First Take is that Skip's arguments are incredibly dumb but SAS isn't smart enough to effectively prove him wrong. It just frustrates me to no end, hearing Bayless saying stuff like what he said about Kobe, and hearing SAS's responses and inability to prove the moron wrong.. And it would be so incredibly eaaasy, but the guy just doesn't come up with strong arguments.. UGH.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby revgen on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:23 pm

Finwë wrote:What I hate about First Take is that Skip's arguments are incredibly dumb but SAS isn't smart enough to effectively prove him wrong. It just frustrates me to no end, hearing Bayless saying stuff like what he said about Kobe, and hearing SAS's responses and inability to prove the moron wrong.. And it would be so incredibly eaaasy, but the guy just doesn't come up with strong arguments.. UGH.

SAS and Bayless are putting on a show. They know how ridiculous the arguments are. They are playacting.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Finwë on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:29 pm

revgen wrote:
Finwë wrote:What I hate about First Take is that Skip's arguments are incredibly dumb but SAS isn't smart enough to effectively prove him wrong. It just frustrates me to no end, hearing Bayless saying stuff like what he said about Kobe, and hearing SAS's responses and inability to prove the moron wrong.. And it would be so incredibly eaaasy, but the guy just doesn't come up with strong arguments.. UGH.

SAS and Bayless are putting on a show. They know how ridiculous the arguments are. They are playacting.

I get that, but SAS seems to really feel strongly about some of the points Bayless makes, and he wants to prove him wrong, but he can't. And Bayless looks like he's smart and is actually not talking out of his a** (to the masses at least), and then people repeat his BS.
Cuban made a couple of (not so strong btw) reasonable points to counter Bayless' claims and most felt that he owned him. SAS should be able to do that all the time.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:00 pm

ESPN Plagiarizes Report Word-For-Word On SportsCenter

Here’s another gem from the “world wide leader in sports.”

On Wednesday night, ESPN’s SportsCenter delivered what they deemed as “breaking news” regarding the Magic’s last-ditch effort to retain Dwight Howard.

Here’s a transcript of ESPN’s report.

Orlando Magic General Manager Rob Hennigan met with the franchise’s disenchanted superstar Dwight Howard today in Los Angeles and according to sources, Hennigan traveled to LA to have this face-to-face discussion with Howard with the hopes of persuading him back off his trade request and allow the organization more time to build a championship contender. Hennigan was unsuccessful in his pitch however, as Howard reiterated his desire to leave Orlando as soon as possible.

After hearing this report, RealGM.com columnist Jarrod Rudolph noticed it sounded awfully familiar to what he had written on his website an hour earlier.

Orlando Magic General Manager Rob Hennigan met with the franchise’s disenchanted superstar Dwight Howard on Wednesday in Los Angeles, sources have confirmed to RealGM. Hennigan traveled to Los Angeles to have a face-to-face discussion with Howard with the hopes of persuading him to back off his trade request and allow the organization more time to build a championship contender. Hennigan, however, was unsuccessful in his pitch as Howard reiterated his desireto leave Orlando as soon as possible, according to sources.

Here is ESPN’s response to the matter:

The story was unfolding during the live SportsCenter and the RealGM report was cut and inadvertently pasted by someone else into the anchor’s script. We have apologized to the writer and are taking steps so it won’t happen again.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Finwë on Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:25 am

:disagree:
Finwë

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:02 am

it's only an accident because they got caught
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:10 am

What a lame excuse to the obvious plagiarism.....

Uhhh yeah, that uhhh, got there because uhhh, we were reading the article and uhhh, we dropped the computer and uhhh, it must have copied and pasted the article and uhhh, when we picked up the computer we uhhh, hit the print button and uhhh one of our new interns thought it was uhhhh, the story to be read, but uhhh it wasn't and uhhh got delivered and read by mistake and uhhhh, yea well that's that. It uhhh happens all the time here.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:45 am

well according to Peter all the reports have been unfounded and false so I am unsure why ESPN apologized. fishy fishy fishy.....
puffyusaf#2

Postby ISM ELIAS on Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:12 pm

Where is the picture of Carmelo????

ISM ELIAS

Postby Kit on Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:15 pm

ISM ELIAS wrote:Where is the picture of Carmelo????

In NBA memes
Kit

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:25 pm

Not shocking because it isn't about Team USA it is about Lebron. In ESPN's defense though on there NBA page they have a pic of Melo and headline of "Carmelo Anthony and Team USA both set a single-game scoring record in a 156-73 win over Nigeria" .

The only great thing about this blowout was that the announcers had to stop yapping about Lebron and all his perfectness.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Balance&Options24 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:02 am

Does bspn give us our own Lakers index now???
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby kray28 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:11 am

Balance&Options24 wrote:Does bspn give us our own Lakers index now???

I hope not. But it's a fair question to ask isn't it.

We are the new super team....do we get our own special team page?
kray28

Postby therealdeal on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:24 am

My favorite part of watching the Dwight presser was the chick afterwards : "it might be a short lived union."

:man10: what's the matter? No excitement ?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:27 am

I highly doubt we will get a Laker Index, ESPN Los Angeles is all the special coverage we will get, you have to have LeBron to get special ESPN treatment like that. Heat Index gets guys like Brian Windhorst who follow the Heat around like a puppy dog, ESPN LA gets guys like Adande who I don't think even likes the Lakers and probably couldn't care less if we win or lose.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby kray28 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:31 am

therealdeal wrote:My favorite part of watching the Dwight presser was the chick afterwards : "it might be a short lived union."

:man10: what's the matter? No excitement ?

No, they have to throw in the usual dose of BS and drama. IF you're a fan of the Lakers they won't let you bask even in a moment's bit of happiness. It's all standard fare East Coast Bias™ from BSPN.
kray28

Postby kray28 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:46 am

There's own polling shows what's really going on though...

kray28

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:41 pm

What State is the yellow one? Mass?
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby GoldHammish on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:43 pm

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:What State is the yellow one? Mass?

I would assume so, would you expect Boston fans to vote any differently?
GoldHammish

Postby Scnottaken on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:48 pm

kray28 wrote:There's own polling shows what's really going on though...

I'm actually KIND OF surprised they didn't make the poll
1) THUNDER
2)HEAT
3)Another team.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion