God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Re: God I hate ESPN

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:34 am

Oh Boy Mr. Skip Bayless proves again he does not watch the Lakers. He just said that Kobe/Nash doesn't work because "Kobe has turned Nash into a spot up shooter. While Kobe goes 1 on 2 Nash just sits in the corner. This isn't the two-time MVP Nash at all. They have taken the pick and roll away from him. It doesn't work." He also said, the Lakers winning is fools gold because Kobe and Nash don't work and Kobe can't play at this level to win games.

I feel like a fool for thinking they would actually give the Lakers and Kobe props for playing the way they should of been playing all season long. Umm. Nope. Guess thats too much.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Colin Cowherd says Kobe shooting much

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:43 pm

Colin said today on his Facebook page, Kobe is shooting too much. He claims Kobe should let Nash run the show & adapt. Despite the recent turn around of winning 11 of 14 Colin feels the need to take a shot at Kobe. What do you think?
Lakerfantilidie

Re: Colin Cowherd says Kobe shooting much

Postby JLaker17 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:50 pm

We need this Kobe, he shot 21 shots but really efficient and without him taking over we would of lost. Kobe I believe even said it, it is time he puts it all together. We can't win with him just shooting, and we won't win much with him just passing. Kobe shot 21 times and still had 7 assists, which isn't even counting missed baskets he set up perfectly or fouls. He played the game very well.
JLaker17

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:57 pm

Colin says what he has to to get heard.

Plus he's been on lebron's nuts for years.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Biz on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:59 pm

I don't even know what he's talking about. I think Kobe played perfectly...he shot when he only had 1 defender on him, and passed when the double came. Not sure what he could have done better, other than his TOs
Biz

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:59 pm

He made his shots, he made the right plays and got assists and rebounds like everyone wanted. I think people still get intimidated that he's able to dominate and it makes them mad.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Weezy on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:01 pm

Colin Cowherd is the clown of the main ESPN radio guys, he will say anything to get listeners and attention.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:07 pm

I personally think it was his way of opening the door to talk about why LeHype is better than Kobe. You can almost see it coming a mile away.
Last edited by Lakerfantilidie on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:09 pm

Weezy wrote:Colin Cowherd is the clown of the main ESPN radio guys, he will say anything to get listeners and attention.

think him and Skip Bayless were seperated at birth.
khmrP

Postby Weezy on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:10 pm

Skip SAID he watched the entire game, but I don't believe him, because if that were true he wouldn't have said what he said. Nash is not just a spot up shooter, he was driving and dishing, and he was running pick n roll with Dwight, he scored 20 points and was the 2nd biggest factor behind Kobe in that game. I'm not sure how anyone could watch that and say Nash and Kobe don't work or that Nash is just a spot up shooter. Neither of these guys (Kobe and Nash) can run an entire offense by themselves anymore for a whole season, they clearly need eachother to run it for stretches and right now that's working. Oh, but I do know why Skip would say it doesn't work, it's because he said it wouldn't work when we signed Nash and he doesn't like to change his stance even when he's wrong.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:13 pm

Also, Cowherd was all over Kobe and how fantastic a player he is for years there while we were winning, then as soon as we stopped and LeBron declared he was going to Miami Cowherd jumped on with LeBron. Ever since then he's been a LeBron defender, even when LeBron wasn't liked for leaving, even about the stupid signing celebration party, even when LeBron choked in the Finals, he was a contrarian just for the sake of it, to be different than everyone else out there, to get listeners, and often times just to be annoying.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Balance&Options24 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:17 pm

Skip Bayless‏@RealSkipBayless

Must admit I'm watching Danica more than I am Kobe, for now.

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite

More

Unless he DVR'd the game and watched the whole thing after. He just proved he lied.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby D.B. Cooper on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:34 pm

How about just let Kobe play depending on how the D plays him.

We saw yesterday that when they didn't double and he was in his groove, he was scoring and assisting. When they doubled and they trapped him in the corner he turned it over.

To him its simple, if he trusts you to make the right basketball play he'll pass you the ball.
D.B. Cooper

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:36 pm

But everyone was happy when we were struggling, making jokes and almost in a celebratory fashion excited about our season possibly failing. Now we're finding a way of getting into the playoffs and they're still finding ways to downplay our accomplishments these past several games. I'm disgusted. That Laker hate after so many seasons is still strong.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Juronimo on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:38 pm

lakerswiz wrote:
Tell me again why y'all still care about what Skip says?

This. He's nothing more than a court jester at best.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:43 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:But everyone was happy when we were struggling, making jokes and almost in a celebratory fashion excited about our season possibly failing. Now we're finding a way of getting into the playoffs and they're still finding ways to downplay our accomplishments these past several games. I'm disgusted. That Laker hate after so many seasons is still strong.

^Haven't you been around long enough to know that though? With greatness comes scrutiny.

Look at the Bobcats. Does anyone really hate the Bobcats? They've never been relevant enough to be liked, let alone hated.

It's never going to stop....that's the thing. All we can do is wait for success and for the naysayers to disappear once again
Chillbongo

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:47 pm

Who? :man3:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:49 pm

this stretch of basketball is the best the team has looked probably all season. cowherd has no idea what he's talking about.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:08 pm

Weezy wrote:Also, Cowherd was all over Kobe and how fantastic a player he is for years there while we were winning, then as soon as we stopped and LeBron declared he was going to Miami Cowherd jumped on with LeBron. Ever since then he's been a LeBron defender, even when LeBron wasn't liked for leaving, even about the stupid signing celebration party, even when LeBron choked in the Finals, he was a contrarian just for the sake of it, to be different than everyone else out there, to get listeners, and often times just to be annoying.

Umph, loyalty is a thing of the past.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Alexxander on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:32 pm

The media nowadays is hilarious. :man10: Kobe goes in facilitator mode = he's not shooting enough ... back to a more balanced Black Mamba/facilitator mode = he's shooting too much. I mean, WHAT THE F?
Alexxander

Postby Tragic on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:40 pm

:man8:
Tragic

Postby Chopper on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:40 pm

Exactly, get back to winning and none of this matters.

The Lakers have been amazing at getting back up on top of the mountain in much shorter periods than any other team.
Chopper

Postby TIME on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:51 pm

I'll tell you what I think of the "Herd". He doesn't deserve his own thread. Merging into the big ESPN thread. Guy's a joke.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:54 pm

lakerswiz wrote:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24 wrote:Who? :man3:

He's the guy with so much sports knowledge they gave him a show that replays SportsCenter's Top 10 highlights.

The guy reads percentages off a cue card.

Okay, thanks for clarifying that :man10:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Re: God I hate ESPN: Cowherd - Kobe shots too much!

Postby kobebryant248 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:43 pm

don t give a damn f.. about colin cowherd . collin who ????? :man4:
kobebryant248

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion