God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Re: God I hate ESPN: Cowherd - Kobe shots too much!

Postby frankrj on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:14 am

Thread should end with Westbrook even in the discussion. Kobe did shoot too much last night. I guess he said to hell with that distributing crap even if my shooting arm is a little bit injured. I guess he was just testing it out and still shot well. He is still amazing to watch against all these Kobe stoppers over the years ( Bowen, Ruben Patterson, now Sefolosha). The man is part Alien. His skills have hardly declined over 17 years in the league compared to 99% of all other NBA players.
frankrj

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:26 pm

Jon Barry annoys me, that is all.
Jazzygirl205

Postby The Rock on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:30 pm

nameant wrote:15 years from now most ppl won't remember the name Russell Westbrook. He's a dime a dozen athletic "star". Kobe will be a top 5 all-time player by the time he's done..if he isn't already.

I dont think Westbrook will ever be as good as Kobe but...Westbrook is pretty incredible in his own right. His shot selection down the stretch of games can be questionable but hes like what 23 years old? Hes insanely competitive, I was watching an interview the other day and he said how he missed that baseline J in 2010 G.6 vs us (Pau won the game with a tip in), he said how it eats up him alive for missing that shot till this day. This guy hasn't missed 1 game since he came into the league thats pretty amazing in itself considering how he attacks the basket like crazy. Hes gonna be a great player but yea he aint touching Kobe

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Weezy on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:35 pm

Westbrook is not Kobe and never will be, that's why it's laughable to even bring up. If anything compare Westbrook to like... Iverson or something, Durant is more likely the next Kobe if there ever will be a next Kobe.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:50 pm

Kobe is KOBE, THERE WON'T BE ANOTHER ONE! I don't care what lbj does, durant does, wade does, cp3 does, westdouche does or anyone does his legacy stands alone and will look even better when he retires.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Scnottaken on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:48 pm

I was watching the Spurs vs Chicago on ESPN. . . as soon as I change the channel, they bring up the game results of the day. They mention that LeBron is overshadowing everyone in the league (his stats on screen showed 26pts w 11/12 ft's.). This was mentioned because someone else tried giving credit to Wade for actually being productive. Also on screen: Kobe with 42pts, 12 ast (no fg% shown) They instantly talk about how pathetic the Lakers are.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:24 am

Scnottaken wrote:I was watching the Spurs vs Chicago on ESPN. . . as soon as I change the channel, they bring up the game results of the day. They mention that LeBron is overshadowing everyone in the league (his stats on screen showed 26pts w 11/12 ft's.). This was mentioned because someone else tried giving credit to Wade for actually being productive. Also on screen: Kobe with 42pts, 12 ast (no fg% shown) They instantly talk about how pathetic the Lakers are.

Jon Barry was the main one.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Weezy on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:26 am

Well LeBron did make his first game winner since 2009, that's a huge deal. :man11:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lqv2015 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:30 am

ESPN and NBA's site are all over LBJ's jock right now. Ha!
LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Postby basketboy on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:31 am

looking forward to finding out what kobe did wrong tomorrow on cowherd
all i know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything.
basketboy

Postby Weezy on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:42 am

^^^ He took over 21 shots. Sure he made 14 of them (2/3, 66%, however you want to look at it) but that's still Kobe playing with fire as it's a recipe for disaster.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:44 am

Guys the angle is obvious: we were down 25 to the Pelicans. :man10:

Nevermind that the Heat just about lost to the Magic, we were down 25 to the Pelicans!
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:16 am

LeBrons game winner was so special that now ESPN is asking if he should get the ball at the end of all close games because he's "good enough to make a shot like Michael Jordan". :man11: Also, they keep showing this list of longest winning streaks by "notable NBA players", Wilt, Jordan, Lebron, Magic, Bird. Conveniently I dont see Shaq and Kobe on their even though they had winning streaks of 19 and 16, in the SAME season, but that's LEBRONSPN for you.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:49 am

therealdeal wrote:Guys the angle is obvious: we were down 25 to the Pelicans. :man10:

Nevermind that the Heat just about lost to the Magic, we were down 25 to the Pelicans!

that same Heat team blew a 25 (maybe 20) point lead against a 17 win Magic team to give Lebron the chance to make that first game winner since 2009.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby therealdeal on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:58 am

This morning Cowherd is trying to lead the charge of Kobe's using PEDs :man10:

Talking about how the league's drug policy should be evaluated and the punishments should be more severe. He really can't handle Kobe nearly doing at 34 what LeBron is getting blown for right now on the other side of the country.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:07 am

On 1st and take they're talking about how impressive was LeBron's layup against the homely Magic, excuse me but... :man10: Kobe can't get no love for putting up 42 and willing his team back to victory on the road against the Hornets then? I mean WTF?
Jazzygirl205

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:12 am

Standing ovation from SKip Bayless for Lebron's magnificent left handed layup to win the game and to extend that OMG 16 game win streak. This was a tough 17-45 Magic team. It wasn't the garbage Pelicans like Kobe played against.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:15 am

Stephen A: You know the MJ Bulls struggled from time to "get up" for low teams.
puffyusaf#2

Re: God I hate ESPN: Cowherd - Kobe PEDs too much!

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:19 am

Lol now we're getting trashed

I give up lol!!!

Jazzygirl205

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:19 am

Skip did try to give praise to the Kobe Bean Bryant..... I feel like I am being duped.
puffyusaf#2

Postby John3:16 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:20 am

Jazzygirl205 wrote:Image

I love Bunk. :bow: :bow:
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:21 am

therealdeal wrote:This morning Cowherd is trying to lead the charge of Kobe's using PEDs :man10:

Talking about how the league's drug policy should be evaluated and the punishments should be more severe. He really can't handle Kobe nearly doing at 34 what LeBron is getting blown for right now on the other side of the country.

Wow. He might want to look a little closer at Dwayne Wade and his buddy. That's a pretty bold allegation.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:24 am

Stephen A: Here's what you take from this game. If the Lakers play the way they did in the second half Dwight Howard will stay with the Lakers.

Wait What? So Kobe at 34 had one of the most amazing games but we need to take it too Dwight staying. Wow. Lebron got 10 minutes of blowjob for making a left hand layup.
puffyusaf#2

Postby mrdr4040 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:28 am

Just finished watching first take, All I saw was a LBJ lovefest with a 5 minute looping highlight reel of an unimpressive drive lay-up against no interior presence. Are we being brainwashed into loving Lebrun or something??
mrdr4040

Postby Punk-101 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:34 am

Holy crap Cowherd has lost his marbles on the Heat/Lebron insanity.

This morning he was trying to compare the 72-10 Bulls to this year's Heat. He put Jordan v Lebron aside and tried to argue that the Heat had the better supporting cast. Some gems:

-'13 Wade > '96 Pippen :man10:
-Bosh clearly better than Kukoc. I'd say pretty even and that's generous.
-Rodman and Battier are both top tier defenders, but Battier can shoot. :man10: "Both top tier defenders" is like saying london broil and filet mignon are both beef.
-"They had Harper, but the Heat have Mario Chalmers."
-Kerr and Bulls shooters vs Heat Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, etc. Kerr shot 52% from 3!! :man4: Kukoc 41%, MJ 42%, Pippen, 37%.

Oh, and his closing statement. "Outside of Larry Bird, Lebron is the best 6'9" distributor in the history of the NBA." Both elite 6'9" distributors, but I think he's forgetting someone.... :man1:
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion