God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Re: God I hate ESPN: Cowherd - Kobe PEDs too much!

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:40 am

^You know these guys are just talking now. All they are saying is for ratings now. Follow the ESPN formula of jocking the prodical son and hate everyone else.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby therealdeal on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:46 am

Punk-101 wrote:Holy crap Cowherd has lost his marbles on the Heat/Lebron insanity.

This morning he was trying to compare the 72-10 Bulls to this year's Heat. He put Jordan v Lebron aside and tried to argue that the Heat had the better supporting cast. Some gems:

-'13 Wade > '96 Pippen :man10:
-Bosh clearly better than Kukoc. I'd say pretty even and that's generous.
-Rodman and Battier are both top tier defenders, but Battier can shoot. :man10: "Both top tier defenders" is like saying london broil and filet mignon are both beef.
-"They had Harper, but the Heat have Mario Chalmers."
-Kerr and Bulls shooters vs Heat Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, etc. Kerr shot 52% from 3!! :man4: Kukoc 41%, MJ 42%, Pippen, 37%.

Oh, and his closing statement. "Outside of Larry Bird, Lebron is the best 6'9" distributor in the history of the NBA." Both elite 6'9" distributors, but I think he's forgetting someone.... :man1:

Cowherd is a clown and every year he just becomes closer and closer to Skip Bayless.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:48 am

mrdr4040 wrote:Just finished watching first take, All I saw was a LBJ lovefest with a 5 minute looping highlight reel of an unimpressive drive lay-up against no interior presence. Are we being brainwashed into loving Lebrun or something??

They cranked it up this season, there's nothing anyone else can do to impress, and everything he does is impressive, even his little HARLEM SHAKE video the entire team did with him he got a whole segment on it and they game him a dance highlight reel of dances he did lmao!
Jazzygirl205

Postby khmrP on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:39 am

I thought your head and jawline was suppose to be like Wade/James lvl to be PED type canidates? Kobe head/jaw looks like the same as his rookie year, even the year he came back all yolked up his head looked small :man10:
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:50 am

khmrP wrote:I thought your head and jawline was suppose to be like Wade/James lvl to be PED type canidates? Kobe head/jaw looks like the same as his rookie year, even the year he came back all yolked up his head looked small :man10:

It's not necessarily a must to have a thicker jaw line, but it can be an indicator.

I'd say there's at least a decent chance of Kobe being on PEDs, but coming from Cowherd just makes it hilarious. His hate runs deep when there's a challenge to LeBron's greatness.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:05 pm

LeBron traveled in his game winner at home vs the magic, no questions asked by anyone...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby gcclaker on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:13 pm

Speaking of BSPN...as an aside I did not know little Skippy was an NFL "expert" too? Saw "A Football Life" special on Tom Landry and there he was! Maybe Skippy was the starting quarterback too for his high school football team that went to the State Finals like he was the starting point guard for the varsity basketball team that did the same.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby mrdr4040 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:20 pm

They cranked it up this season, there's nothing anyone else can do to impress, and everything he does is impressive, even his little HARLEM SHAKE video the entire team did with him he got a whole segment on it and they game him a dance highlight reel of dances he did lmao!

I really respect your thoughts and ideas, I would love to follow you on twitter or at least have you join my blog. please feel free to send me your contact info, thanks as you are the most intense and iconic figure on here
mrdr4040

Postby Tobias Funke on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:21 pm

khmrP wrote:I thought your head and jawline was suppose to be like Wade/James lvl to be PED type canidates? Kobe head/jaw looks like the same as his rookie year, even the year he came back all yolked up his head looked small :man10:

Yep, I cant help but laugh watching interviews from when he first came into the league because its as close as you could reasonably expect someone to come to looking the same after 17 years. He even had the swagger of an accomplished NBA player.

As for Cowherd, I had the misfortune of listening to him this morning because I was giving a friend a ride to work and they only listen to sports radio (and not wanting to be that "dont touch my radio" guy, I said cool).

I found it funny that he used the fact that athletes today are bigger, faster, stronger to prop up the case that Lebron's competition has been just as good as what Jordan faced, but left out the caveat of advanced medical treatment and training options until he got to talking about Kobe.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Herm24 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:24 pm

Seriously he's pissing me off .. All he talks about is stem cell and modern day medicine .. Like hellooo? Kobe's work ethic didn't have anything to do with it? Can you talk about how amazing it is for a guy at his age to keep himself in that shape and be that dedicated and still want it that bad after 17 years .. What really annoyed me today was when we he was taking about today's NBA comparing Jordan and Lebron and he was ball washin' Lebron as usual and was saying how power forwards are more agile now and harder to guard .. I was steaming by this point bc this is the same argument Jordan lovers and the media throw at kobe saying his generation is soft compared to Jordan's and now espn is using it towards Lebrons favor by saying the bigs are tougher to guard .. F**k espn .. The east coast bias can suck my d**k .. I know Damn well kobe would be treated like a god and every breath and step he took would be worshipped if he played for the Knicks or Bulls .. Just a bunch of Bullsh*t!
Herm24

Postby Damian Necronamous on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:49 pm

Stop being a bunch of homer cry babies looking for something to whine about.

I listen to Cowherd every morning and he didn't say one remotely derogatory comment about Kobe. He simply stated and re-stated how modern medicine has come a long way. Whatever innovative procedure Kobe had in Germany clearly worked, and it has the potential to extend NBA careers and change the game.

Nothing to see here, people. Move along...

EDIT: If that rubs people the wrong way, I can replace the above with the more traditional, "OMG I HATE COWHERD! STOP HATING ON KOBE!!"
Damian Necronamous

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:51 pm

Anyone get a chance to see Richard Sherman call Skip Bayless out? Talk about saying what everyone else is thinking.....

Pwned.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:21 am

Damian Necronamous wrote:Stop being a bunch of homer cry babies looking for something to whine about.

I listen to Cowherd every morning and he didn't say one remotely derogatory comment about Kobe. He simply stated and re-stated how modern medicine has come a long way. Whatever innovative procedure Kobe had in Germany clearly worked, and it has the potential to extend NBA careers and change the game.

Nothing to see here, people. Move along...

EDIT: If that rubs people the wrong way, I can replace the above with the more traditional, "OMG I HATE COWHERD! STOP HATI :man3: NG ON KOBE!!"

calling people cry babies because you like them is like them being able to call you a homer for Collin. :man3: At least we now have an expert on Cowherd to tell us that him bringing up Roids when talking about Kobe is oK. Thanks. :bow:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:28 am

I wish people would stop calling individuals homers for opinions that partial to their team and players. I thought that is what almost 90% of sports fans do anyway?
Jazzygirl205

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:34 am

Jazzygirl205 wrote:I wish people would stop calling individuals homers for opinions that partial to their team and players. I thought that is what almost 90% of sports fans do anyway?

its the Kobe-effect.

Some fans support Kobe and others call them homers.
Some fans don't want to appear to be homers so they go out of their way to descredit/mock those that do which is usually tagged haters. Unfortunately, many fans are force fed ESPN and believe it in all its glory. Sad because this is the Lakers our fans should be supporting our own.
puffyusaf#2

Postby therealdeal on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:13 am

Jazzygirl205 wrote:I wish people would stop calling individuals homers for opinions that partial to their team and players. I thought that is what almost 90% of sports fans do anyway?

Well I mean we're on a Laker site. :man10:

By definition we're homers 90% of the time. All we can do is try to be objective, but we're still Laker fans first.

Anyway, this morning during a DP Show commercial break I decided to check in on Cowherd.

First I'll give him credit for saying Kobe is different from Melo because Kobe used to play defense. Kudos, Cowherd. But then a fan calls in and says "scoring isn't everything, that's why I'd pick LeBron to start my team. He makes the whole team better."

To which Cowherd replies,"Right?? I watched Kobe put up 42 points, but they were still DOWN to the Hornets by 25 points!"

Okay... well a few things:
1. Your precious LeBron barely beat an Orlando team that is MAYBE better than the Hornets.
2. Kobe didn't just have 42 points, he also had 12 assists and 7 rebounds and shot extremely efficiently while playing solid defense down the stretch. If you're going to use a game where he scores a lot but at the expense of his team, you're going to have to try harder than that idiot.
3. We still won the game! How do you use the game against the Hornets as a measuring stick of him shooting too much and relying on scoring when he DIDN'T just score and we WON the game?? How stupid is that??

For a guy that claimed to not be like Skip Bayless, he makes an awful lot of the same mistakes. The only difference is Skip knows he's a jack***, while Cowherd thinks better of himself.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby TIME on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:56 am

I'll occasionally listen to Cowherd for a few minutes. He really knows next to nothing about basketball. He is a baseball fan and knows some football and that's it. He spends most of his on air time talking about himself if that tells you anything.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:07 am

GoldenKnight wrote:LeBron traveled in his game winner at home vs the magic, no questions asked by anyone...

Did he really?
I'm no LeBron fan AT ALL, and I watched the replay a couple of times, didn't really look like a travel to me, maybe there's something I'm missing?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:21 am

Doc Brown wrote:Anyone get a chance to see Richard Sherman call Skip Bayless out? Talk about saying what everyone else is thinking.....

Pwned.

Wow, dude really went at Skip there..

I wouldn't say Bayless is "ignorant" though, I think he's pretty clever (in a twisted way). I think he's playing a role. He wants to be the contrarian, he wants to make outrageous statements, he wants the controversy, he wants to be called out by stars.. The guy is two-faced enough to take stands on issues where he probably knows he's wrong. He knows what sells.
People who keep on listenting to what he has to say and hoping that he agrees with them about X and Y subjects are the ones who are kinda ignorant. They don't get that it's all trolling, it's intentional, the guy wants to be "the joker", he wants the reputation and the ratings. And it's working. His show got promoted to regular ESPN instead of ESPN2 (a couple of days a week at least). He's got over a million twitter followers. Over A MILLION. Skip Bayless.

At least that's how I've felt about him for a long time. I don't think he's just stupid. I think it's all pre-meditated. It's twisted, but not stupid (business-wise)
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby therealdeal on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:35 am

Media makes money off of attention. Bayless gets plenty of attention.

ESPN can try to say all they want about how Bayless won this, but honestly it was pretty hilarious listening to this guy tear up Bayless. I love watching that clown get called out.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:40 am

Skip Baseless is doing what Jim Rome used to do just not as entertaining.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Herm24 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:54 am

Colin Cowherd is a clown .. I used to love listening to this guy ... but there's only so much empty rhetoric and repetitiveness a person can take .. He takes ball washin' Lebron to a different level .. I mean cmonnn .. Listening to him talk about basketball is like listening to your gf have an opinion about sports .. "Ohh I like him and bc he's cute" or "that's my team bc I like their colors" .. gimme a break
Herm24

Postby Tobias Funke on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:30 pm

TIME wrote:I'll occasionally listen to Cowherd for a few minutes. He really knows next to nothing about basketball. He is a baseball fan and knows some football and that's it. He spends most of his on air time talking about himself if that tells you anything.

Thats what I got listening to him yesterday. He makes a statement and just runs with it because it came from the brilliant mind of Cowherd. Listening to him ramble on, I didnt get the impression that I was getting a genuine sports talk/analysis. It was more like I was listening to some guy in a bar who watches a few marquee matchups a year trying to act like he knows it all.

And as Herm24 just said so perfectly, empty rhetoric and repetitiveness. I lived with my brother who'd listen to ESPN radio alot a year and a half ago, and so unless he's changed alot, you could listen to the first 5mins of one of his segments and you'd be set for months as far as his opinion on that matter, because all he does is repeat the same thing all day.

Back then he'd give a "Im sticking with Romo" spech every damn time day. It was just awful.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Chillbongo on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:35 pm

How did this dude get a show in the 2nd biggest radio market that happens to cover the most coveted franchise of all time?

Wasn't this the pathetic loser who would do Sportsnation with that other chick on ESPN a couple years ago? Where they would ask opinion-based poll questions, and he and the girl would choose a side before showing viewer poll results? And he ALWAYS went with the lowest voted option. He's a f****** idiot loser.
Chillbongo

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:25 pm

Not sure I understand most of this page.

I listen to Cowherd every morning, and he is extremely complimentary of Kobe 95%+ of the time. Over the top sometimes in fact. :man3:
phoenixrisingla

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion