God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Re: God I hate ESPN: Cowherd - Kobe PEDs too much!

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:44 pm

the only time they dont talk about Lebron on ESPN is when they hate on the Lakers

Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby D.B. Cooper on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:02 pm

The Rock wrote:Look whos asking the question though...Max and Marcellus these two clowns bring up fake drama to fill up air time in 710 ESPN and theyre doing the same on SportsNation. Not surprised at all

Yea, M Willey likes playing that devils advocate role. We have a couple of guys like that here on this forum. It's not just about the Lakers he was doing it with Dodgers too vs the Cards.
D.B. Cooper

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby dj vitus on Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:00 pm

Wow, Lakers upset victory over the Clippers not anywhere on the front page OR even in the headlines of espn.com/nba
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby dj vitus on Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:01 pm

Oh wait, now I see it's the fourth video over, LOL.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby D.B. Cooper on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:00 pm

Paraphrasing:
Yea the young guys have the green light to shoot but what happens when Kobe comes back and that green turns to red?

Mason: Kobe had b2b 14 assist games last year, he's a gonna get you the ball.

Ireland: Yea Kobe wants guys that put the ball in the basket if he's double teamed.

Wiley: mumbles
D.B. Cooper

Postby purp n gold on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:34 pm

Finally this thread is back, and I'm glad one Marcellus Wiley is part of the discussion.

I hate Marcellus Wiley. I once respected his opinion, but the way he antagonizes the Lakers just reveals how little he knows about basketball. With dozens of cities filled with intelligent bball fans tuning into 710 for their Laker fix, I find it insulting to listen to the guy. Plain and simple.

I don't think he's that stupid, he just plays that "ESPN debate" angle wayyy too much. ESPN presents every news story as a debate, and Marcellus is being too much of a company man when he gets on the mic. Grow a backbone son.

And I KNOW some of their interns browse this website - sometimes the format for the Max & Marcellus show is IDENTICAL to the top threads in our Lakers Discussion forum on a given day. So if this ever gets to Marcellus - You're not on SportsNation, this is 710, LOCAL Lakers radio. Slow your role bruh.

/rant
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:21 pm

MusixFinest wrote:Y'know what Puffy, I have to be honest I felt the same way Skip did during Kobe's interview. Not once did we see him celebrating with his teammates during the game or having fun. It seems that something heavy is weighing on his mind. God, I hope I'm wrong, but I think he'll be a shell of his former self when he gets back...that not even he could overcome this injury, like many have tried in the past. It seriously took away a part of the satisfaction of beating the Clips last night. *sigh*

All we can do is pray this isn't the end for him.

Kobe has played with injuries his entire career, I don't think he's depressed over this. Kobe's going to retire soon so I've accepted it. However I'd be thinking about stuff too watching my team and not being out there. He's used to being on this floor at this point in the season. Also all of the media stuff about him being the 25th ranked NBA player, and the typical b.s. crap in the media about being jealous of his teammates playing better without him and all of that mess. It never ends. I wish I can pick his brain though. 99 percent of it is probably basketball and other 1% is probably profanity lol.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:26 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:the only time they dont talk about Lebron on ESPN is when they hate on the Lakers

:lol:
Jazzygirl205

Postby Balance&Options24 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:42 pm

My friend on Fb posted a gif of Evan Turner dunking on Bron today but its Fb and it didn't work, so I went to ESPN.com and looked for it but to no avail, I figured it had to be on the game highlights.

I was wrong
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby sister golden hair on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:51 pm

If Kobe walked on water, the next day's ESPN lead-off story would be "Kobe can't swim!"
sister golden hair

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:54 pm

I am sure they will be happy to have like 5 or 6 discussions on the Lakers getting monkey stomped by GS.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:20 am

sister golden hair wrote:If Kobe walked on water, the next day's ESPN lead-off story would be "Kobe can't swim!"

:man10: :bow:
LTLakerFan

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:00 am

Kobe is just frustrated because he's forced to stay on the sidelines ... understandable when you have this level of commitment and work ethic .

As for BSPN , we all do a bad job at paying attention and arguing ... 124 pages ..we should ignore and not talk about it
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:00 am

Kobe is just frustrated because he's forced to stay on the sidelines ... understandable when you have this level of commitment and work ethic .

As for BSPN , we all do a bad job at paying attention and arguing ... 124 pages ..we should ignore and not talk about it
wcsoldier81

Postby MC on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:08 am

Not even sure why we debate ESPN on here lol ......... it would be like debating the national enquirer for their breaking news lol............ all opinion in no substance is not worth a debate IMO..... ESPN always get what they want though out of it....so does the national inquirer for the same type of fiction
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby Weezy on Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:28 am

Kobe must be really happy this morning.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakeshow24 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:24 pm

The Rock wrote:Look whos asking the question though...Max and Marcellus these two clowns bring up fake drama to fill up air time in 710 ESPN and theyre doing the same on SportsNation. Not surprised at all
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby DarthRekal on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:32 pm

ok so we win.. i go to check highlights at BSPN... and all rockets shots.. they just mention we were up by 15.. but dont show how.. then get excited when harden goes off and showing parsons dunks... the only shot they showed from us.. was the one they HAD to.. and they didnt sound happy about it... and then they say LAKERS get win over DWIGHT :man10:

these guys are garbage
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:34 pm

^not surprised. I bet all the sports shows are going to talk about Houston. This Lakers team beat the Clippers and the Rockets without Kobe and yet there will be nothing talking about the "gutsy" performance by our guys.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:51 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:^not surprised. I bet all the sports shows are going to talk about Houston. This Lakers team beat the Clippers and the Rockets without Kobe and yet there will be nothing talking about the "gutsy" performance by our guys.

I was watching TNT post-game. Their entire segment was dedicated to discussing how Dwight is a ______ and needs to get better. That's it. It was interesting sports analysis, to say the least.
Chillbongo

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:38 am

^yes I watched that too. We got a courtesy mention but nothing more. They only talk about us in great lengths when we lose. pathetic.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:05 am

Blake didn't even get in the SC Top 10 for his game winning 3 last night.

If Lebron did that, it would have been number 1, they would have run 5 segments breaking down all Lebron's game winners, 29 graphics of why Lebron is more clutch than anyone that graced this earth and how he has better looks than Derek Zoolander.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:11 am

:man10: Yeah that's true about LBJ. But wow that is just freaking wrong and proof (not that more is needed) of their anti Lakers bias. BLEEPholes :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:20 am

Switch over to Fox Sports 1. It's a little more gimmicky, but they're fun anyway.

And Blake made the top 5.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Manve77 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:38 am

C'mon! Is it obvious clippers, houston and of course heat are being groomed for a title?
DS never favored Kobe, robbing him of 2005-06 and 2006-07 MVP titles? And MJ was always his b***h!
Spartak Moscow. Lakers. Penguins. Liverpool. Lazio. Barcelona. River Plate.
Manve77

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion