God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:32 pm

OK I forgot to laugh at this.... ON PTI today they ran a "something or Nothin" segment. They showed X's dunk in which they both called it "nothing." Wilbon said it happens all the time like highschool soccer players doing a bike kick. Now if the Kang had done that it would of been the "greatest dunk ever" chat. Can these guys give anyone a lil credit?

That dunk was nasty by X.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30529
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby Scnottaken on Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:46 pm

^If the KANG had missed the dunk, or god forbid, gotten blocked, it's because he didn't have enough help on his dunk attempt.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
User avatar
Scnottaken

 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:49 pm

^ :man10: ^ True
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30529
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:49 pm

ESPN bias BITES a big Weeny :bricks:
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6336
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:26 am

To be fair LeBron is playing great these pass stretch of games, so I can see the love fest this time around lol. Now when he's not really doing really much of anything and getting dunked on and stuff like that, then running a love fest is what irks the crap out of me. No other player gets that treatment.
Image
User avatar
Jazzygirl205

 
Posts: 6339
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby adamkingadam on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:47 pm

This "Jay From Compton" guy is atrocious! What is 710 thinking with this fill in guy? I change the station until the next show comes on when this guy is on...
adamkingadam

 
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby purp n gold on Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:04 pm

seriously, what is Jay from Compton doing on ESPN radio? who's next, Jeff from Tarzana?
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
User avatar
purp n gold

 
Posts: 2338
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:39 am

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:09 pm

Pet peeve is when announcers, commentators clearly did not watch games that they are commenting on. Jalen, Collins and Simmons blaming Kobe for Dragic/Bledsoe going off and his defense being awful.

Kobe played SF and guarded PJ Tucker for most of his minutes.

Kobe's defense is still pretty bad, but he wasn't guarding those guys and I'd expect those "basketball minds" to be smart enough to see that.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19455
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby sister golden hair on Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Pet peeve is when announcers, commentators clearly did not watch games that they are commenting on. Jalen, Collins and Simmons blaming Kobe for Dragic/Bledsoe going off and his defense being awful.

Kobe played SF and guarded PJ Tucker for most of his minutes.

Kobe's defense is still pretty bad, but he wasn't guarding those guys and I'd expect those "basketball minds" to be smart enough to see that.


The talking heads on LA radio are beyond abysmal. The only one I can stomach is Max Kellerman (and I don't always agree with his positions). But at least he explains his reasoning. Some of these other guys sound like they never read anything more complex than the back of a cereal box..
sister golden hair

 
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:51 pm

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:10 pm

Picked us 12th in the West. Improving by only 3 wins from last season.

Image

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11334331/2014-summer-forecast-west-standings
User avatar
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel
 
Posts: 20536
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:22 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:22 pm

:man10:

Oh this year is going to be great.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40267
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:14 pm

I mean..... I know we're in the so-called "tredding water" era right now, but only 3 game improvement from last year GTFO :man10:
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11649
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby trodgers on Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:41 am

34 is a floor, I think.
I'm thinking we'll be close to .500.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46462
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby abeer3 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:07 am

i think that's a more than reasonable projection. the only team that is clearly worse on paper in the wc is Utah. maybe minny after the love deal. I mean, the only star level player is coming off two major injuries and a full lost season at 36 years old, and everyone else is retreads who most think are better suited to bench roles (if that, in some cases). there's not a real center on the roster (unless you count sacre as an nba player, which I don't).

another way to put it is: which team ahead of la would people pick to finish behind them? I got nobody, and could see an argument for sac winning more games, too.

don't get me wrong, espn is filled with the hatred. the fact that they let verrier write that troll piece last week was really disgusting, imo. I can see anger about that. but projecting the lakers 12th? man, if people are mad about that...wait til the season starts...
abeer3

 
Posts: 10384
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:15 pm

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby Savory Griddles on Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:44 am

abeer3 wrote:i think that's a more than reasonable projection. the only team that is clearly worse on paper in the wc is Utah. maybe minny after the love deal. I mean, the only star level player is coming off two major injuries and a full lost season at 36 years old, and everyone else is retreads who most think are better suited to bench roles (if that, in some cases). there's not a real center on the roster (unless you count sacre as an nba player, which I don't).

another way to put it is: which team ahead of la would people pick to finish behind them? I got nobody, and could see an argument for sac winning more games, too.

don't get me wrong, espn is filled with the hatred. the fact that they let verrier write that troll piece last week was really disgusting, imo. I can see anger about that. but projecting the lakers 12th? man, if people are mad about that...wait til the season starts...


Breaking down each roster...Yeah, it seems like we may finish 12th. I think we'll get 34 wins and be 11th. I could see everything breaking right and us sniffing the playoff but barely missing. I could also see us finishing dead last if Kobe goes down or is a shell of himself.
User avatar
Savory Griddles

 
Posts: 9035
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:56 am
Location: AV,CA

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby Juronimo on Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:56 am

abeer3 wrote:i think that's a more than reasonable projection. the only team that is clearly worse on paper in the wc is Utah. maybe minny after the love deal. I mean, the only star level player is coming off two major injuries and a full lost season at 36 years old, and everyone else is retreads who most think are better suited to bench roles (if that, in some cases). there's not a real center on the roster (unless you count sacre as an nba player, which I don't).

another way to put it is: which team ahead of la would people pick to finish behind them? I got nobody, and could see an argument for sac winning more games, too.

don't get me wrong, espn is filled with the hatred. the fact that they let verrier write that troll piece last week was really disgusting, imo. I can see anger about that. but projecting the lakers 12th? man, if people are mad about that...wait til the season starts...


I agree with you and the espn projection.

Let's fairly evaluate our roster. Our superstar is 36, coming off 2 major injuries, one of which is typically a career ender that only 1 player in history has came back from and played at a high level. Our PG is injury prone himself. Jeremy Lin has already had knee issues. When he goes down we have no one to back him up. I won't even mention Nash. Jordan Clarkson is unsigned and an unknown quantity at this point.

Our front court is lead by an underachiever in Boozer and unproven talent and role players. Our bigs are woefully undersized. No clear 2nd option there. We have no real center on the roster. I like Jordan Hill but he is what he is, an undersized hustle big. Randle is an unknown quantity at this point. Ed Davis is undersized at the 5. Sacre is a borderline NBA player.

Wes as starting 3, yikes. At least our swingmen backups can come in and put up points (Young, X). They'll need to since Wes is basically an NBDL player right now and Kobe might get hurt again.

Sorry guys, this is a bad team no matter which way you slice it. 30 wins is a best case scenario for this team but I'm afraid we'll be closer to 20 than 30.
Image

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
User avatar
Juronimo

 
Posts: 6587
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:20 pm
Location: Fist in the air on a quest for justice

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:14 pm

Juronimo wrote:
abeer3 wrote:i think that's a more than reasonable projection. the only team that is clearly worse on paper in the wc is Utah. maybe minny after the love deal. I mean, the only star level player is coming off two major injuries and a full lost season at 36 years old, and everyone else is retreads who most think are better suited to bench roles (if that, in some cases). there's not a real center on the roster (unless you count sacre as an nba player, which I don't).

another way to put it is: which team ahead of la would people pick to finish behind them? I got nobody, and could see an argument for sac winning more games, too.

don't get me wrong, espn is filled with the hatred. the fact that they let verrier write that troll piece last week was really disgusting, imo. I can see anger about that. but projecting the lakers 12th? man, if people are mad about that...wait til the season starts...


I agree with you and the espn projection.

Let's fairly evaluate our roster. Our superstar is 36, coming off 2 major injuries, one of which is typically a career ender that only 1 player in history has came back from and played at a high level. Our PG is injury prone himself. Jeremy Lin has already had knee issues. When he goes down we have no one to back him up. I won't even mention Nash. Jordan Clarkson is unsigned and an unknown quantity at this point.

Our front court is lead by an underachiever in Boozer and unproven talent and role players. Our bigs are woefully undersized. No clear 2nd option there. We have no real center on the roster. I like Jordan Hill but he is what he is, an undersized hustle big. Randle is an unknown quantity at this point. Ed Davis is undersized at the 5. Sacre is a borderline NBA player.

Wes as starting 3, yikes. At least our swingmen backups can come in and put up points (Young, X). They'll need to since Wes is basically an NBDL player right now and Kobe might get hurt again.

Sorry guys, this is a bad team no matter which way you slice it. 30 wins is a best case scenario for this team but I'm afraid we'll be closer to 20 than 30.


All valid points. I'm just holding out hope that a few of our young guys will surprise. Once that happens, the fortunes of the team can change. They are the big unknowns. I really don't expect Kobe to be much of a factor, even if he does stay healthy. I don't expect anything from Nash. Boozer, Hill and Young, we know what we will get from them. It's the young guys that will determine how many games we win this year.
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2847
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:32 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
Juronimo wrote:
abeer3 wrote:i think that's a more than reasonable projection. the only team that is clearly worse on paper in the wc is Utah. maybe minny after the love deal. I mean, the only star level player is coming off two major injuries and a full lost season at 36 years old, and everyone else is retreads who most think are better suited to bench roles (if that, in some cases). there's not a real center on the roster (unless you count sacre as an nba player, which I don't).

another way to put it is: which team ahead of la would people pick to finish behind them? I got nobody, and could see an argument for sac winning more games, too.

don't get me wrong, espn is filled with the hatred. the fact that they let verrier write that troll piece last week was really disgusting, imo. I can see anger about that. but projecting the lakers 12th? man, if people are mad about that...wait til the season starts...


I agree with you and the espn projection.

Let's fairly evaluate our roster. Our superstar is 36, coming off 2 major injuries, one of which is typically a career ender that only 1 player in history has came back from and played at a high level. Our PG is injury prone himself. Jeremy Lin has already had knee issues. When he goes down we have no one to back him up. I won't even mention Nash. Jordan Clarkson is unsigned and an unknown quantity at this point.

Our front court is lead by an underachiever in Boozer and unproven talent and role players. Our bigs are woefully undersized. No clear 2nd option there. We have no real center on the roster. I like Jordan Hill but he is what he is, an undersized hustle big. Randle is an unknown quantity at this point. Ed Davis is undersized at the 5. Sacre is a borderline NBA player.

Wes as starting 3, yikes. At least our swingmen backups can come in and put up points (Young, X). They'll need to since Wes is basically an NBDL player right now and Kobe might get hurt again.

Sorry guys, this is a bad team no matter which way you slice it. 30 wins is a best case scenario for this team but I'm afraid we'll be closer to 20 than 30.


All valid points. I'm just holding out hope that a few of our young guys will surprise. Once that happens, the fortunes of the team can change. They are the big unknowns. I really don't expect Kobe to be much of a factor, even if he does stay healthy. I don't expect anything from Nash. Boozer, Hill and Young, we know what we will get from them. It's the young guys that will determine how many games we win this year.


Damn LGL. I try to get past stuff you post and meet you half way because I think random parts of your observations are decent. But then you just blurt stuff out like above (probably something to do with your athletic "algorithms"), and who can take you seriously???

So if Kobe is healthy, you are thinking he has what forgotten how to even play the game so as to say he won't be much of a factor? :what: :nono2: :disagree: :bang: :bricks:
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6336
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:38 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:
Juronimo wrote:
abeer3 wrote:i think that's a more than reasonable projection. the only team that is clearly worse on paper in the wc is Utah. maybe minny after the love deal. I mean, the only star level player is coming off two major injuries and a full lost season at 36 years old, and everyone else is retreads who most think are better suited to bench roles (if that, in some cases). there's not a real center on the roster (unless you count sacre as an nba player, which I don't).

another way to put it is: which team ahead of la would people pick to finish behind them? I got nobody, and could see an argument for sac winning more games, too.

don't get me wrong, espn is filled with the hatred. the fact that they let verrier write that troll piece last week was really disgusting, imo. I can see anger about that. but projecting the lakers 12th? man, if people are mad about that...wait til the season starts...


I agree with you and the espn projection.

Let's fairly evaluate our roster. Our superstar is 36, coming off 2 major injuries, one of which is typically a career ender that only 1 player in history has came back from and played at a high level. Our PG is injury prone himself. Jeremy Lin has already had knee issues. When he goes down we have no one to back him up. I won't even mention Nash. Jordan Clarkson is unsigned and an unknown quantity at this point.

Our front court is lead by an underachiever in Boozer and unproven talent and role players. Our bigs are woefully undersized. No clear 2nd option there. We have no real center on the roster. I like Jordan Hill but he is what he is, an undersized hustle big. Randle is an unknown quantity at this point. Ed Davis is undersized at the 5. Sacre is a borderline NBA player.

Wes as starting 3, yikes. At least our swingmen backups can come in and put up points (Young, X). They'll need to since Wes is basically an NBDL player right now and Kobe might get hurt again.

Sorry guys, this is a bad team no matter which way you slice it. 30 wins is a best case scenario for this team but I'm afraid we'll be closer to 20 than 30.


All valid points. I'm just holding out hope that a few of our young guys will surprise. Once that happens, the fortunes of the team can change. They are the big unknowns. I really don't expect Kobe to be much of a factor, even if he does stay healthy. I don't expect anything from Nash. Boozer, Hill and Young, we know what we will get from them. It's the young guys that will determine how many games we win this year.


Damn LGL. I try to get past stuff you post and meet you half way because I think random parts of your observations are decent. But then you just blurt stuff out like above (probably something to do with your athletic "algorithms"), and who can take you seriously???

So if Kobe is healthy, you are thinking he has what forgotten how to even play the game so as to say he won't be much of a factor? :disagree: :bang:


If you expect me to be unrealistic and just say Kobe will be great, you are in for a disappointment. I try to be realistic. As Juniomo said, an Achillies is a terrible injury to have, even for a guy in his prime. But for a guy like Kobe to suffer this injury along with the knee injury he suffered and you add in the mileage on his legs and yes, I don't think he will be that much of a factor. He won't be an elite level, top 15-20 type player. No way. He will be a liability on D and his lack of explosion will limit his offensive game. He will have to do what MJ did in his Wizard days. Live off the jumper and post up game.

If you are a die hard Kobe fan and anything negative about him doesn't sit well with you, I'm sorry. But that's my honest take. Kobe can't play at a high level forever.
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2847
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:49 pm

The truth will play itself out. To me, best case scenario is Kobe looks like the MJ Wizards. About 20 ppg, mostly off the jumper and post up. I mean what do YOU expect from Kobe? You expect him to do what? Realistically.

I know the guy can play basketball. But you are severely limited in what you can do on both ends of the court when you lose a lot of your explosion and quickness. And he will be noticeably slower than before. I think people will be very surprised.
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2847
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:59 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:
Juronimo wrote:
abeer3 wrote:i think that's a more than reasonable projection. the only team that is clearly worse on paper in the wc is Utah. maybe minny after the love deal. I mean, the only star level player is coming off two major injuries and a full lost season at 36 years old, and everyone else is retreads who most think are better suited to bench roles (if that, in some cases). there's not a real center on the roster (unless you count sacre as an nba player, which I don't).

another way to put it is: which team ahead of la would people pick to finish behind them? I got nobody, and could see an argument for sac winning more games, too.

don't get me wrong, espn is filled with the hatred. the fact that they let verrier write that troll piece last week was really disgusting, imo. I can see anger about that. but projecting the lakers 12th? man, if people are mad about that...wait til the season starts...


I agree with you and the espn projection.

Let's fairly evaluate our roster. Our superstar is 36, coming off 2 major injuries, one of which is typically a career ender that only 1 player in history has came back from and played at a high level. Our PG is injury prone himself. Jeremy Lin has already had knee issues. When he goes down we have no one to back him up. I won't even mention Nash. Jordan Clarkson is unsigned and an unknown quantity at this point.

Our front court is lead by an underachiever in Boozer and unproven talent and role players. Our bigs are woefully undersized. No clear 2nd option there. We have no real center on the roster. I like Jordan Hill but he is what he is, an undersized hustle big. Randle is an unknown quantity at this point. Ed Davis is undersized at the 5. Sacre is a borderline NBA player.

Wes as starting 3, yikes. At least our swingmen backups can come in and put up points (Young, X). They'll need to since Wes is basically an NBDL player right now and Kobe might get hurt again.

Sorry guys, this is a bad team no matter which way you slice it. 30 wins is a best case scenario for this team but I'm afraid we'll be closer to 20 than 30.


All valid points. I'm just holding out hope that a few of our young guys will surprise. Once that happens, the fortunes of the team can change. They are the big unknowns. I really don't expect Kobe to be much of a factor, even if he does stay healthy. I don't expect anything from Nash. Boozer, Hill and Young, we know what we will get from them. It's the young guys that will determine how many games we win this year.


Damn LGL. I try to get past stuff you post and meet you half way because I think random parts of your observations are decent. But then you just blurt stuff out like above (probably something to do with your athletic "algorithms"), and who can take you seriously???

So if Kobe is healthy, you are thinking he has what forgotten how to even play the game so as to say he won't be much of a factor? :disagree: :bang:


If you expect me to be unrealistic and just say Kobe will be great, you are in for a disappointment. I try to be realistic. As Juniomo said, an Achillies is a terrible injury to have, even for a guy in his prime. But for a guy like Kobe to suffer this injury along with the knee injury he suffered and you add in the mileage on his legs and yes, I don't think he will be that much of a factor. He won't be an elite level, top 15-20 type player. No way. He will be a liability on D and his lack of explosion will limit his offensive game. He will have to do what MJ did in his Wizard days. Live off the jumper and post up game.

If you are a die hard Kobe fan and anything negative about him doesn't sit well with you, I'm sorry. But that's my honest take. Kobe can't play at a high level forever.


There you go again with deflecting and "changing" what you are being called on. Read the goddamn bolded and red letters. If Kobe Bryant is healthy this year, your idiotic take is that he will not be much of a factor. GTFOH with that.

I stopped with Kobe. Just saw the reference to MJ. He wasn't a "factor" in the Wizard's starting lineup either. They weren't better for having him on the floor 3 years older than where a more highly skilled Bryant will be this year. BS. Words have meanings. "Not much of a factor".
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6336
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:24 pm

I guess how you define what I said is important. Well, now you know. I didn't mean to say he was going to be some scrub but that he would no longer be an elite player. Like I said, the truth will play itself out.
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2847
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby Juronimo on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:28 pm

I wouldn't go as far as saying non factor, but he won't be the same player he was pre achilles. Saying LGL's take is idiotic is wrong.

Out of all the guys that have had the achilles injury, only Dominique Wilkins was able to play at a higher level. Wilkins was 30 when he had his injury and had way fewer miles on him. Other players who had that injury were either shells of themselves or had to retire. Isaiah Thomas retired after his achilles injury. Billups is done. Elton Brand was a shell of himself after the injury.

The odds that Kobe at 36 plays at a superstar level after that achilles injury and a knee injury 6 games into last season are extremely remote, in spite of his skillset. There's not much you can do when age and injuries rear their ugly head.
Image

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
User avatar
Juronimo

 
Posts: 6587
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:20 pm
Location: Fist in the air on a quest for justice

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:36 pm

I don't think the odds of him playing at a superstar level are that low. I think he can still perform very well, but I guess that depends on your definition of superstar.

Is Tim Duncan a superstar? He'll perform at least as well as Timmy if Kobe stays healthy.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40267
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:38 pm

"I wouldn't go as far as saying non factor, but he won't be the same player he was pre achilles. Saying LGL's take is idiotic is wrong"

No it is not wrong. I specificly bolded and put in red the idiotic statement of Kobe being a non factor if healthy. I didn't get into all the "glass is nearly empty" thinking around here about Kobe post achilles. Didn't go there. Non factor. I see him working clearly now. A hypocrite about how he values skills and leadership and winning take no prisoner's mindset that a guy like Kobe brings to a team. It truly is all about the frickin' athleticism with this guy. A healthy Jordan Clarkson has more potential to be a "factor" on the Lakers this year than a healthy Kobe Bryant.
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6336
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.