God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Re: God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:32 pm

OK I forgot to laugh at this.... ON PTI today they ran a "something or Nothin" segment. They showed X's dunk in which they both called it "nothing." Wilbon said it happens all the time like highschool soccer players doing a bike kick. Now if the Kang had done that it would of been the "greatest dunk ever" chat. Can these guys give anyone a lil credit?

That dunk was nasty by X.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Scnottaken on Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:46 pm

^If the KANG had missed the dunk, or god forbid, gotten blocked, it's because he didn't have enough help on his dunk attempt.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:49 pm

^ :man10: ^ True
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:49 pm

ESPN bias BITES a big Weeny :bricks:
LTLakerFan

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:26 am

To be fair LeBron is playing great these pass stretch of games, so I can see the love fest this time around lol. Now when he's not really doing really much of anything and getting dunked on and stuff like that, then running a love fest is what irks the crap out of me. No other player gets that treatment.
Jazzygirl205

Postby adamkingadam on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:47 pm

This "Jay From Compton" guy is atrocious! What is 710 thinking with this fill in guy? I change the station until the next show comes on when this guy is on...
adamkingadam

Postby purp n gold on Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:04 pm

seriously, what is Jay from Compton doing on ESPN radio? who's next, Jeff from Tarzana?
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:09 pm

Pet peeve is when announcers, commentators clearly did not watch games that they are commenting on. Jalen, Collins and Simmons blaming Kobe for Dragic/Bledsoe going off and his defense being awful.

Kobe played SF and guarded PJ Tucker for most of his minutes.

Kobe's defense is still pretty bad, but he wasn't guarding those guys and I'd expect those "basketball minds" to be smart enough to see that.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby sister golden hair on Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Pet peeve is when announcers, commentators clearly did not watch games that they are commenting on. Jalen, Collins and Simmons blaming Kobe for Dragic/Bledsoe going off and his defense being awful.

Kobe played SF and guarded PJ Tucker for most of his minutes.

Kobe's defense is still pretty bad, but he wasn't guarding those guys and I'd expect those "basketball minds" to be smart enough to see that.

The talking heads on LA radio are beyond abysmal. The only one I can stomach is Max Kellerman (and I don't always agree with his positions). But at least he explains his reasoning. Some of these other guys sound like they never read anything more complex than the back of a cereal box..
sister golden hair

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion