God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Re: God I hate ESPN

Postby KJ MonK on Fri May 04, 2012 3:42 pm

J-Dub562 wrote:
purp n gold wrote:I don't hate ESPN anymore. The Lakers get a LOT of love on ESPN 710. Max & Marcellus is the best radio show in LA!

I used to be a KLAC 570 guy, but ever since 710 ESPN became the Lakers flagship station I've converted over. Max & Marcellus is BY FAR my favorite show right now :bow: :bow: :jam2: :jam2: . Good stuff.

Oh yeah, [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] Abbott! :mad1: :mad1:

Yeah soon as 570 dropped the Loose Cannons and Mychal/Lakers switched to 710, 570 sucks so bad...
and Mason/Ireland >>> Max/Marcellus... max and marcellus both get kind of annoying a little bit i would never wanna call into their show... its not bad though its gotten better...
CrossTalk is the best 20 minutes of radio during the day though...
@KJ_MonK

“Some time ago, talking to some people, they wanted a bonus if the Lakers made the playoffs. I said, `Bonus? If we don’t make the playoffs, you don’t work here anymore.”’
- Jerry Buss
"I know I can score 20 or 30 points anytime I want," Vujacic said.
KJ MonK

Postby The Original 81 on Fri May 04, 2012 4:15 pm

Lol Abbott releasing some more garbage on BSPN...
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby intuitivelOve on Fri May 04, 2012 4:40 pm

on ESPN NBA countdown pregame show Tragic Johnson just said bynum is the most important player on the Lakers. :freak2: :man10: ..i'm out.
intuitivelOve

Postby KJ MonK on Fri May 04, 2012 4:43 pm

there are times when your best player isnt necessarily your most important (e.g. garnett in boston), but this isnt 1 of those times :man10:
@KJ_MonK

“Some time ago, talking to some people, they wanted a bonus if the Lakers made the playoffs. I said, `Bonus? If we don’t make the playoffs, you don’t work here anymore.”’
- Jerry Buss
"I know I can score 20 or 30 points anytime I want," Vujacic said.
KJ MonK

Postby XXIV on Fri May 04, 2012 5:04 pm

KJ MonK wrote:
J-Dub562 wrote:
purp n gold wrote:I don't hate ESPN anymore. The Lakers get a LOT of love on ESPN 710. Max & Marcellus is the best radio show in LA!

I used to be a KLAC 570 guy, but ever since 710 ESPN became the Lakers flagship station I've converted over. Max & Marcellus is BY FAR my favorite show right now :bow: :bow: :jam2: :jam2: . Good stuff.

Oh yeah, [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] Abbott! :mad1: :mad1:

Yeah soon as 570 dropped the Loose Cannons and Mychal/Lakers switched to 710, 570 sucks so bad...
and Mason/Ireland >>> Max/Marcellus... max and marcellus both get kind of annoying a little bit i would never wanna call into their show... its not bad though its gotten better...
CrossTalk is the best 20 minutes of radio during the day though...

I also prefer Mason/Ireland, Max gets really annoying at times.
XXIV

Postby Weezy on Fri May 04, 2012 7:28 pm

The Original 81 wrote:Lol Abbott releasing some more garbage on BSPN...

I assume you're referring to this

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/41901/the-exasperation-of-andrew-bynum

Guy picks apart every little thing when it comes to Kobe, kinda ridiculous, as if Kobe is going to make the perfect basketball play every single time in every single game. It's alright though, aside from his articles I've always enjoyed Abbot's long career in horror movies, and I always remember him as that scary biker at the end of Weird Science.

Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Magic Skywalker on Fri May 04, 2012 7:37 pm

I believe he also did a horror movie where he was a "basketball expert"
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sat May 05, 2012 12:09 am

He's the typical anti-Kobe analyst, when Kobe's successful that's when they come out. When he's failing they're satisfied and have nothing to say.
Jazzygirl205

Postby The Original 81 on Sat May 05, 2012 12:12 am

Weezy wrote:
The Original 81 wrote:Lol Abbott releasing some more garbage on BSPN...

I assume you're referring to this

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/41901/the-exasperation-of-andrew-bynum

Guy picks apart every little thing when it comes to Kobe, kinda ridiculous, as if Kobe is going to make the perfect basketball play every single time in every single game. It's alright though, aside from his articles I've always enjoyed Abbot's long career in horror movies, and I always remember him as that scary biker at the end of Weird Science.

Yep that's the article I was referring to. Some how, some way, he HAS to get shots in his article towards Kobe. The guy brings him up even when Kobe doesn't relate to the subject matter of his article.

And wow, looks just like him. :man10:
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby purp n gold on Sat May 05, 2012 12:25 am

J-Dub562 wrote:

Edit: please don't bypass the site swear filter (even though Abbot deserves it) - TIME

Same. Matt Money's post game show was the best. I especially liked that and his Laker segments on PMS. And KLAC being the flagship for the Lakers, Petros had to sit there and entertain it. But now that the Lakers dropped em & they've gone national, there's little to no room for basketball their show. It doesn't help that Petros hates basketball either.

Cannons are TERRIBLE now. POB is just old and tired.

But yeah Max and Marcellus is by far my favorite show now. It's a show about the Lakers, LA, boxing, classic hip hop & Eddie Murphy references. Check, check, check, check and check. I only listen to them & Bill Simmons podcasts. Occasionally Mason & Ireland.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby J-Dub562 on Sun May 06, 2012 3:32 pm

The day after Abbott's article comes out, a real journalist, and a person who actually knows what he's talking about, releases a more accurate article detailing the relationship between Kobe and Drew.

Great read by Kevin Ding (from OC Register). :bow: :bow:

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/bynum- ... akers.html
J-Dub562

Postby J-Dub562 on Sun May 06, 2012 3:37 pm

purp n gold wrote:
J-Dub562 wrote:

Edit: please don't bypass the site swear filter (even though Abbot deserves it) - TIME

Same. Matt Money's post game show was the best. I especially liked that and his Laker segments on PMS. And KLAC being the flagship for the Lakers, Petros had to sit there and entertain it. But now that the Lakers dropped em & they've gone national, there's little to no room for basketball their show. It doesn't help that Petros hates basketball either.

Cannons are TERRIBLE now. POB is just old and tired.

But yeah Max and Marcellus is by far my favorite show now. It's a show about the Lakers, LA, boxing, classic hip hop & Eddie Murphy references. Check, check, check, check and check. I only listen to them & Bill Simmons podcasts. Occasionally Mason & Ireland.

The Cannons were great with Mychael, Hartmann, and VTB. I also enjoyed the Lakers post-game with Matt Money Smith, he was great. I'm a big fan of Mason and Ireland. They talk a lot of Lakers and have had some nice interviews lately including Jim Buss and other Lakers people.
J-Dub562

Postby revgen on Sun May 06, 2012 4:10 pm

intuitivelOve wrote:on ESPN NBA countdown pregame show Tragic Johnson just said bynum is the most important player on the Lakers. :freak2: :man10: ..i'm out.

I understood what Magic meant, but his choice of words was awful.

When Bynum is playing at his peak, he's the best 2nd banana in the western conference. Combine him with Kobe, and he puts the Lakers' in the best position to win the west. That doesn't make him the "most important" player, but he's a critical piece if we want to win a chip this year.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Sun May 06, 2012 4:24 pm

revgen wrote:
intuitivelOve wrote:on ESPN NBA countdown pregame show Tragic Johnson just said bynum is the most important player on the Lakers. :freak2: :man10: ..i'm out.

I understood what Magic meant, but his choice of words was awful.

When Bynum is playing at his peak, he's the best 2nd banana in the western conference. Combine him with Kobe, and he puts the Lakers' in the best position to win the west. That doesn't make him the "most important" player, but he's a critical piece if we want to win a chip this year.

He's just mad that isn't seen as the greatest laker ever anymore :man11:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby Balance&Options24 on Tue May 08, 2012 2:13 pm

On SportsNation they just had a topic about Blake's flopping, then Cowherd turned in an epic one saying Kobe and Wade have been flopping a lot over the past 2 years.

When has Kobe been flopping?
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby kray28 on Tue May 08, 2012 2:19 pm

He hasn't. Every now and then he might try to draw a charge....but almost without fail gets called for the block. But the fake/no contact type flop, I've never ever seen him try to do.

I think Kobe has this thing called integrity...
kray28

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue May 08, 2012 2:28 pm

I saw that... Kobe likes to toss his arm and he does the scream thing on contact. You could call it flopping but nothing is compared to what the LA FlopCity is doing...
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby kray28 on Tue May 08, 2012 2:30 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I saw that... Kobe likes to toss his arm and he does the scream thing on contact. You could call it flopping but nothing is compared to what the LA FlopCity is doing...

A lot of those are actually real fouls that never get called.
kray28

Postby GinoDB on Tue May 08, 2012 2:32 pm

yup, Kobe gets the refs attention by flailing his arms or yelling while actually getting hit, he does not get fouled by ghosts like the Clippers do
GinoDB

Postby GinoDB on Tue May 08, 2012 2:35 pm

GinoDB

Postby therealdeal on Tue May 08, 2012 2:35 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I saw that... Kobe likes to toss his arm and he does the scream thing on contact. You could call it flopping but nothing is compared to what the LA FlopCity is doing...

This is definitely flopping for calls, but there's usually enough contact there to at least warrant consideration. The things that Paul and Griffin do are just absurd.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby kray28 on Tue May 08, 2012 2:37 pm

Some players shoot to draw the foul....often initiating contact (see CP3). Kobe knows that his chances of getting the call are often slim to none, so he shoots to make the basket regardless of contact.
kray28

Postby brickshooter on Tue May 08, 2012 2:42 pm

Flopping = result of poor officiating = unprofessional refereeing.

Someone please put together this season's 10 best FLOPs and we can send it to David Stern.
brickshooter

Postby Lakers_55 on Tue May 08, 2012 2:55 pm

David Stern is a flooper
Bring it Boston! Don't duck us in the finals again!
Seasons the Celtics lost ECF when Lakers won the championship (7): 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1988, 2002
In NBA history, the Lakers have finished better than the Celtics by a margin of 39-24!
Click for Video proof Lakers are the greatest NBA franchise
Lakers_55

Postby abeer3 on Tue May 08, 2012 4:56 pm

kobe's a lot of things, but a flopper...no sir.

paul and griffin should be ashamed of themselves, and the league should be ashamed of them. but no, they has dunkz and crossoverz!
abeer3

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion