God I hate ESPN: Kobe unhappy Lakers won? (123)

Re: God I hate ESPN

Postby shoe on Tue May 08, 2012 11:11 pm

Ticker on Espn.....Bryant 43 points; missed final 3 FG attempts
shoe

Postby BDG on Tue May 08, 2012 11:12 pm

shoe wrote:Ticker on Espn.....Bryant 43 points; missed final 3 FG attempts
Only ESPN.

If it was LeBron ...

"James' heroic 43 points fall short without help of teammates"
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Magic Skywalker on Wed May 09, 2012 12:57 am

Are you kidding me?
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Wed May 09, 2012 4:05 am

BDG wrote:
Only ESPN.

If it was LeBron ...

:man10: ... It'll always be like that. I don't even listen to that idiots anymore.
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Wed May 09, 2012 8:10 am

Lmao, they hate giving him credit. I think the media is still kind of mad Kobe's still hanging around lol. He's like those annoying little gnats that keep flying towards your face even thought you keep fanning them away lol.
Jazzygirl205

Postby bumrusherer on Wed May 09, 2012 9:11 am

BDG wrote:
Only ESPN.

If it was LeBron ...

To be fair, Lebron has had plenty of games this year where he has had great 4th quarters but someone else has taken the final shot. And the media, from all directions, have killed him for it.

I think it was a game in Utah where he passed it to Haslem ( for a great look ) but then everyone complained about it.
bumrusherer

Postby Doc Brown on Wed May 09, 2012 9:27 am

Please don't tell me that is true. If so, ESPN and whoever put that up is pretty pathetic.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby shoe on Wed May 09, 2012 10:08 am

Doc Brown wrote:

Please don't tell me that is true. If so, ESPN and whoever put that up is pretty pathetic.

Couldn't believe it. I was watching the highlights on Sportscenter after the game and that's what it said on the ticker at the bottom....had to rewind it and do a double take
shoe

Postby timemaster11 on Wed May 09, 2012 1:30 pm

Give it another day and I bet we have articles that say "When Kobe scores 30+ Lakers loose most of the time". These article never grasp that without all of Kobes points in the 4th this game would have been a blow out. People love to manipulate numbers and create headlines, and if they can do so at Kobe's expense it's a bonus.
timemaster11

Postby Weezy on Wed May 09, 2012 2:20 pm

All day on ESPN it's been about Drew, probably rightfully so. A few people said Kobe shot too much and Drew didn't get enough shots, to which I just say meh. Also Kobe's 4 3 pointers in a row were mentioned in passing, followed by "but he missed 3 big shots after that down the stretch". Nothing really about how hard he fought to get us back in the game, mostly just a quick mention of the shots and that he couldn't finish. Whatever ESPN, had LeBron hit 4 3's in a row and brought the Heat back it would have been the greatest single comeback by one guy in the history of the game.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed May 09, 2012 3:27 pm

^they kept showing the miss last shot over and over and over again. Not a word said about Kobe leading a run being down 15 with less than 6 left. Again, had it been the clown prince thats all we would hear about is the 43 and the amazing 4th quarter. Hypocrits of the Sportsworld.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed May 09, 2012 8:16 pm

Was just cruising the ESPN forums and its full of Lakers fans claiming that we intentionally threw the game last night so we can get artest back for G1 against OKC.

I guess idiocy cuts both ways. :man10:
phoenixrisingla

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed May 09, 2012 11:41 pm

^ We all know that wasn't the case but it is a blessing in disguise to get Ron back especially with Barnes hurting
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby JGC on Wed May 09, 2012 11:52 pm

Well, at least they didn't take the time to point out how cold Kobe was for about 42 mins of the game. Least they could do.
JGC

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Thu May 10, 2012 2:08 am

JGC wrote:Well, at least they didn't take the time to point out how cold Kobe was for about 42 mins of the game. Least they could do.

:nono2:
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu May 10, 2012 7:39 am

Guess this is as good a place as any... Was there a fight in the Bulls game the other night? I saw a blurb about it somewhere but didn't see anything else on it.
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby kray28 on Thu May 10, 2012 7:40 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Guess this is as good a place as any... Was there a fight in the Bulls game the other night? I saw a blurb about it somewhere but didn't see anything else on it.

There was a scrum for the ball and some elbows thrown. Gibson and Brand.
kray28

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu May 10, 2012 7:53 am

^cool. I heard there was some elbows thrown but I heard nothing about it. Guess on one connected. Funny though since Ron's famous elbow you would think there would be some chatter about it but I guess a limped Bulls team doesn't get headlines
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby JGC on Thu May 10, 2012 2:13 pm

This is such BS. The top headline in the NBA section is about how Kobe is sick with a stomach 'issue'. Why are they trying to tell the opposing teams about our players ailments? I mean, I know they need to report it, but why is it a top headline unless they REALLY want all of Denver to know about it?

Clearly, they hate us. If they were impartial, this would be the 5th story down or lower in the list of 'headlines'.
JGC

Postby kray28 on Thu May 10, 2012 2:19 pm

I think the Lakers are supposed to file an injury report per NBA rules.
kray28

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu May 10, 2012 2:22 pm

JGC wrote:This is such BS. The top headline in the NBA section is about how Kobe is sick with a stomach 'issue'. Why are they trying to tell the opposing teams about our players ailments? I mean, I know they need to report it, but why is it a top headline unless they REALLY want all of Denver to know about it?

Clearly, they hate us. If they were impartial, this would be the 5th story down or lower in the list of 'headlines'.

You are trying to hard again but I like your drive to keep us better.
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby JGC on Thu May 10, 2012 3:15 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
JGC wrote:This is such BS. The top headline in the NBA section is about how Kobe is sick with a stomach 'issue'. Why are they trying to tell the opposing teams about our players ailments? I mean, I know they need to report it, but why is it a top headline unless they REALLY want all of Denver to know about it?

You are trying to hard again but I like your drive to keep us better.

What do you mean I'm trying to hard? I'm not trying to be hard. What on earth are you talking about?

Why would Kobe's vomit, be more important than say, James Harden winning 6th man unless they're just trying to put us down or call us 'sick'?
JGC

Postby kray28 on Thu May 10, 2012 3:23 pm

If Kobe can't go tonight...for whatever reason, I would imagine that it would be a developing story/big news.
kray28

Postby JGC on Thu May 10, 2012 3:40 pm

kray28 wrote:If Kobe can't go tonight...for whatever reason, I would imagine that it would be a developing story/big news.

Not for BSPN. They will mention that he is vomiting but probably ignore that Kobe was out and rather bash on the franchise for playing poorly and 'forget' to mention their best player wasn't there.
JGC

Postby LakerFan1235 on Thu May 10, 2012 3:47 pm

JGC, you seem like quite the conspiracist. Kobe being sick is huge news. He is one of if not the best player in the NBA, him being out in an elimination game is pretty damn big news.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion