Going to the Game Wednesday: Up close Impressions

Re: Review from Up close and in Person

Postby The Laker Link on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:30 am

JGC wrote:Thanks for the write up. But it really bugs me when people say "this team is better than their record shows". I guess I'm just not in to moral victories.

I also don't agree that we don't look HORRIBLE. I think we have looked absolutely dreadful. A complete 180 from what I expected to be honest.

I should correct because I mean to say that I know the Lakers should be, because they are, better than their record shows....but they just aren't playing like they should be to show how good they are.

Things aren't working out. And they are losing. So they are the team that stands with the record, like the Lakers aren't good right now, but they can be and should be better than the record shows. Things just need to get fixed and re-worked.

Also I just don't think it was the worse playing I have ever seen from the Lakers. Was it perfect? HELL NO. Are they bad? Yeah. Are they bad like Cleveland before LeBron bad? Nope. But their record shows they are.

Things need to be fixed. They are ok but it wasn't the best and it wasn't what we needed. We needed more and then we would have won.
The Laker Link

Postby The Laker Link on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:32 am

TIME wrote:Merging with your other going to the game thread. I know it was a big night for you, but one thread is plenty for the story.

Fair. I thought about writing it in here but I didn't know if it would work out like I wanted. Thanks for doing all that and fixing things up. Sorry for the pointless extra post.
The Laker Link

Postby TIME on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:34 am

The Laker Link wrote:
TIME wrote:Merging with your other going to the game thread. I know it was a big night for you, but one thread is plenty for the story.

Fair. I thought about writing it in here but I didn't know if it would work out like I wanted. Thanks for doing all that and fixing things up. Sorry for the pointless extra post.

No problem. Glad you had a great time.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Re: Going to the Game Wednesday: Up close Impressions

Postby The Laker Link on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:37 am

If there was a good shot of that Dunk from Kobe at the end of the game....can i get a gif of that?
The Laker Link

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:25 am

Thanks for writing up.

Sorry if I missed it, but what did you think of their energy level? On TV it was clear they weren't pushing hard. Or if they were pushing hard they were dead tired. Kobe and Dwight especially late in the game.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Laker Link on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:32 pm

therealdeal wrote:Thanks for writing up.

Sorry if I missed it, but what did you think of their energy level? On TV it was clear they weren't pushing hard. Or if they were pushing hard they were dead tired. Kobe and Dwight especially late in the game.

I thought Hill was trying which was rad. Morris and Jamison and them had moments. Artest seemed to be fighting and playing. Kobe and Dwight, I saw it...I can't really think about if it was too late for it.

It was just interested that Dwight was getting fed and all that, and then Kobe played Kobe ball and was helping us stay in the game but it wasn't enough. The defense was holding down the Jazz as hard as they should have.

I thought the game, everyone was playing really evenly though and everything was working out, like I said....it just wasn't enough to get it done.

It was interesting to me that Jodie Meeks didn't play, I was looking for him to play but oh well. And Sacre too.
The Laker Link

Postby Alcindor on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:37 pm

Well I hope you weren't the Laker fan that actually managed to out-scumbag the Jazz fans:

http://www.foxsportswest.com/11/08/12/L ... eedID=3707
Alcindor

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:49 am

Well you're a positive person .. I feel bad for you though ... going to a game to root for your team and see this type of effort isn't fun at all
wcsoldier81

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion