We Got the Win! Now what should Lakers do in Minn.?

We Got the Win! Now what should Lakers do in Minn.?

Postby LALegacy on Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:46 pm

Well folks, it wasn't that pretty but the Lakers championship spirit showed down the stretch and we got it. What do you guys think worked (and what didn't work)in this game that we can carry over into game 5? For one thing I think more Brian Shaw is always a good thing. Also the times they doubled Garnett with Shaq worked great, he had no clue what to do whey he saw Shaq's big body in the way. I don't think they should double all of the time with Shaq, but a few times during the game when you know Garnett is going to get it would really help the Lakers to keep the pressure on and dispatch this team quickly.(Man, a week ago who would have thought we would be talking about game 5 strategy.)
LALegacy

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:49 pm

I think now that alot of stress is off the Lakers back, they will come back and play like they did in game 1. I really feel the come back, and show Garnett how "over" this series really is... :mad1:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Lakers4Ever on Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:49 pm

I really hope so... But let's not jinx them now...
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:53 pm

Come on now, im not one to jinx, nor always be pro Lakers. But I have a good feeling about game 5.

Shaq is the key everyone, I said it before the game today, and ima say it again... "CAN YOUUUUUUUUUUU DIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?!
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:55 pm

All we gotta do is play the ball we played today. Sure the Wolves might make some adjustments and all that, but reviewin tha tapes should be a plus. They gotta do something with those pick and rolls, and screen and rolls, cuz it's killin us.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:13 pm

ALL THE LAKERS NEED TO DO IS PLAY THEIR GAME. AT OUR BEST, NOBODY CAN MATCH UP WITH US.

SO FOR GAME 5, WE NEED A GREAT START AND BUILD A NICE LEAD IN THE FIRST QUARTER. GIVE THE YOUNG PUPS A BIT OF PRESSURE!!!

REMEMBER THAT ONCE THE SERIES GOES TO GAME 5, 6, AND 7, THE PRESSURE WILL JUST AMMOUNT MORE AND MORE TO THE WOLVES. AND BEING SO YOUNG AND SO INEXPERIENCE, I DON'T THINK THAT THEY CAN HANDLE IT.

LAKERS ON 6!!!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby 4Rings on Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:20 pm

I think the Lakers need to take Minnesota's crowd out early in the game. A lot of teams feed off their crowd and the Wolves are no exception. They also need to force feed the ball to Shaquille. I loved Shaw's play today. He played great D on Hudson who did not score in the 4th quarter. You gotta think missing those two free throws is going to weigh a tad on KG's mind. Neither one of these teams shot the ball very well. The Lakers can't go into an offensive drought on the road. They cannot do it. If we can get George, Shaw and others to step up, we will be fine. I think Walker did an okay job in there today. Horry is really struggling. It's almost painful to watch. We can let KG get his but we gotta stop Hudson. If we take Game 5, we will take the series. :boxing1:
4Rings

Postby Reddy on Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:42 pm

Lakers in 6 is my call too! :bow:
Shaq was the old MDE style Shaquille, 15 points and ALMOST A DOUBLE DOUBLE IN THE FIRST HALF!!!!!
NOW THATS SHAQ!
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby BDG on Sun Apr 27, 2003 8:11 pm

i think the lakers just need to slow the game down. they've been playing the wolves fast paced style of basketball throughout most of the series and that's why were only tied with them. this could have been a sweep, but we haven't been playin like ourselves. we need to slow the game down and also penetrate. you can't rely on kobe to keep hitting outside jumpers while he's double teamed (after all he IS human). i'd penetrate, get them in foul trouble and get points off of free throws. and one more thing, make the playoff troy hudson play like the regular season troy hudson. this guy should not be putting up 30 ppg. i would keep kobe on him, cuz troy can't deal with that. although kb mite get tired from this, it's one less person the lakers gotta worry bout. the lakers need to play laker basketball and don't get caught up in the moment.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:10 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:i think the lakers just need to slow the game down. they've been playing the wolves fast paced style of basketball throughout most of the series and that's why were only tied with them. this could have been a sweep, but we haven't been playin like ourselves. we need to slow the game down and also penetrate. you can't rely on kobe to keep hitting outside jumpers while he's double teamed (after all he IS human). i'd penetrate, get them in foul trouble and get points off of free throws. and one more thing, make the playoff troy hudson play like the regular season troy hudson. this guy should not be putting up 30 ppg. i would keep kobe on him, cuz troy can't deal with that. although kb mite get tired from this, it's one less person the lakers gotta worry bout. the lakers need to play laker basketball and don't get caught up in the moment.

Yeah... The wolves like playing fast paced cuz they see the Lakers as a slow paced methodical team, u know?
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers4PEAT on Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:52 am

Lakers just need to play Lakers basketball
Wurdizzlez!
Lakers4PEAT

Postby Reddy on Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:08 pm

Great way to sum it all up!
I agree
When Lakers play Laker basketball, today, NOONE IN THE LEAGUE CAN STOP EM.
But we all know we haven been playing our best lately in thei series, but it can only get better! :bow: laKERS IN 6!
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby MIKEDOG on Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:34 pm

LET ME GIVE EVERYONE A EQUATION THAT SEEMS SIMPLE ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.SHAQ NEEDS TO TOUCH THE BALL ON EVERY POSSIBLE POSESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2.FUKIN GUARD HUDSON!!!!!

3. WHEN KOBE AND SHAQ ARE DOUBLE TEAMED ROLE PLAYERS HIT YOUR FUKIN OPEN SHOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4.MADSEN BEAT THE [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] OUT OF GARNETT!!!!!

SUM OF 4 PARTS = 4TH RING!!!!
MIKEDOG

Postby Reddy on Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:01 pm

Agreed.
Even shaq said he needed to touch it and he'll get the job done!
Go Lakers! A win tomorw and the series is ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bow:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby BDG on Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:00 pm

dont say that, ur startin to sound like KG!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Reddy on Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:33 pm

oooooops :man10:
he he
I just meant that we gota finish up dah series asap , cuase this is only 1st round and we have to move on....... :man1:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Return to Lakers Discussion