great adjustments by Phil and a GUTSY performance by George!

great adjustments by Phil and a GUTSY performance by George!

Postby LakerPride on Sat May 10, 2003 12:32 am

I was on here a few days ago bashing Phil, but the man made me eat my words tonight. Like I said the man is a bad in game adjusment coach, but a pretty damn good playoff coach (meaning he needs a day or two to come up with plans) He might of coached a horrible game and not have made any adjustments two days ago, but he sure as hell made the adjustments for tonight.

What he pulled with DG was brilliant. He simply FOOLED everybody in the world.....FOOLED THEM all including me! The Spurs weren't mentally ready to see DG out there and that started everything off in the Lakers favor.

Also, I loved the fact that he brought Shaq out to the high post. Great move by PJ. If your gonna pressure and not let us dump it down low to the big man.....we'll bring the big man to us! Then have him set MONSTER PICKS (none like I've ever seen before from Shaq) to free Kobe up from Bowen and punish the hell out of them for playing that kind of D.

Did you see Kobe just shed Bowen off of Shaq? That was all by design. Phil saw that Bowen was all up in Kobe's grill and he decided to set a few picks....a few picks from a very large human being! Worked like a charm.

So this has turned into a chess match. Pop is leading two games to PJ's one. Sunday will be very VERY interesting.
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 10, 2003 12:55 am

Phil fooled all of us!!! Dayam he said Devean would be lucky if he could even make an inbound pass. But words aren't actions nor are they the truth. It's all about mind games, and deverging the mind to think in a different way... Something like that. LOL. Devean was tight! And ur right, the Spurs weren't mentally ready for Devean. They prolly didn't even know he'll be back in game 3 let alone the rest of the series... Can't wait for Sunday's game! Hmmmm??? :man1:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Reddy on Sat May 10, 2003 8:21 am

PHil was PHil, he coached like the nine ring soon to be ten ring coach :man1:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby clublakers on Sat May 10, 2003 1:57 pm

I think we were all amazed that Devean started, but I'm not surprised that the coaching staff made the adjustments. As LP points out consistently, Phil gets his butt whipped by the opposing coach during the game, but Phil and his staff will not allow the Lakers to lose a 7 game series.

Losing the first two games is not crushing to this team. Everyone said it would go 6 or 7 games, an it really doesn't matter which two we lose. All we have to do is win every home game and take one game (game 5) on the road, and we're on to the WCF.

Deaven's heroics (if you want to call it that) is just the spark we needed to get this thing rolling and over by game 6.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 10, 2003 5:06 pm

clublakers wrote:I think we were all amazed that Devean started, but I'm not surprised that the coaching staff made the adjustments. As LP points out consistently, Phil gets his butt whipped by the opposing coach during the game, but Phil and his staff will not allow the Lakers to lose a 7 game series.

Losing the first two games is not crushing to this team. Everyone said it would go 6 or 7 games, an it really doesn't matter which two we lose. All we have to do is win every home game and take one game (game 5) on the road, and we're on to the WCF.

Deaven's heroics (if you want to call it that) is just the spark we needed to get this thing rolling and over by game 6.

Yes Yes Yes!! It didn't matter which 2 we lost, we still gotta win 4.... Just win game 5 over there!!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat May 10, 2003 5:15 pm

We just need to win this next game, but I don't know what will happen. I couldn't be any more nervous about it and I couldn't be more excited and conflicted either. We need to get devean involved early again...then we can use that momentum to get Derek and Rob involved and that should be a good thing. We forgot (for two games) that we should be setting up the other players because Shaq and Kobe can always get their own shots. We remembered in time to win one game...now can we sustain it and adjust it enough as we go to win 3 more?
Snakell Beast

Return to Lakers Discussion