do u guys want horry back???

Postby Guest on Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:41 pm

if you keep looking back , your gonna stumble going forward... iguess what i'm trying to say is we had a greatrun with big shot rob,but the future is now and he's not part of it......

Postby xanadu on Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:44 pm

sorry guy's and gals...I forgot to log on that last post was by me
"YOU MUST SHOW NO MURCY- NOR HAVE ANY BELIEF WHATSOEVER IN HOW OTHERS JUDGE YOU- FOR GREATNESS WILL SILENCE THEM ALL"
xanadu

Postby BDG on Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:20 pm

Anonymous wrote:okay, you badgered me enough with this. I am not going to change my opinion of Horry. I love him, but he's gotta go. End of discussion.
How did I "badger" you when I don't know who you are, Guest.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

do I want Robert Horry back next your?

Postby oochamps on Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:47 pm

I absolutely want Robert Horry back next your, but at the veteran minimum, and with a much more athletic, enthusiastic approach to the game. Rob has always been a low-key guy it seems to me, but over the course of the time he has been here in Los Angeles as a Laker, he seems to have really lost some of his excitement for the game, or his inspiration, or whatever you would call it. I think that can be said for the entire team though, having won three consecutive championships had definitely lulled us into a little conplacency, to say the least.

But if Robert has any interest in coming back to the lakers, I would hope it would be for the sake of redeeming himself, and his confidence in himself, and for the once in a lifetime opportunity to play with a star studded ball club like the one that is currently shapping up for next season.

Do I want Robert back next year, Yes. I know, though, that he has more important things on his mind(family, his daughter has a dissability or illness). First and formost, I want Big-Game-Rob to do what's best for himself and his family.
oochamps

Postby Dejaman on Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:57 pm

Yes he should be back,,,,but he should play a limited role. It's unfair to ask him to guard the wallace/webbers/duncans/garnetts of the western conference. So he had a shooting slump...So what? The same people that are being critical of rob are the same ones that jumped all over his dyk when he dropped tha "3" on the queens.

Laker soilders up
Hoes down
Dejaman

Postby xanadu on Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:23 pm

hey don't get me wrong... i was happy when he the shot, but when him and kobe take a last second shot. it's a little differnt... for one when kobe takes a last second shot, he has 2 or maybe 3 guy's all over him. where as horry has none. he has time to set his feet and get into rythem when he takes his shot.... not to take nothing away from him but if your in the nba u should be able to hit wide open shots..... my point is i'm sure we can find another guy who can hit wide open shots for less $$$$
"YOU MUST SHOW NO MURCY- NOR HAVE ANY BELIEF WHATSOEVER IN HOW OTHERS JUDGE YOU- FOR GREATNESS WILL SILENCE THEM ALL"
xanadu

Postby kobe834 on Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:25 pm

yeah, hes been the clutch man in sacramento and in portland
kobe834

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:54 pm

GREAT NEWS!!!

I heard from a loyal and reliable source that Horry is talking to Laker officials about resigning, I heard this from a person I know very well and who is not a liar... Take my word he said this... Good news.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:35 pm

Great news LD!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:08 am

Let's pray that ur sources are truthful here!!! And to think I already accepted the fact that Horry was gonna leave... this is good to hear! :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:46 am

Yes, the person who told me has been helping me develop throughout high school. And yesterday at practice (he's assistant coach) he told me that's what he heard... Def. a reliable source peeps... So we'll see what happens! Tommorow is the big day.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Bulls Fan on Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:02 am

Robert Horry back?

umm wasnt he 2/38 in the playoffs???

2/38???? I think someone would have to TRY to go 2 for 38...ESPECIALLY ROBERT HORRY...

i like the guy, but still man...business is business...its not about the past..its about NOW...
Bulls Fan

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:04 am

In the Blazers series in 2000. He hit his first 3 pointer and then 1/18 untill finally hitting one that helped the comeback. Droughts happen. He just never came out of it, it seemed.

Don't worry about him missing a three, look at all the other things he does -- Rebound, pass, brains etc... It's not about the past, your right, it's about now...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion