do u guys want horry back???

do u guys want horry back???

Postby SHAQ-34 on Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:57 pm

well i certenly do cause hes rob ... and he win us championships i think they should resign rob cause it jus feels bad looking at horry with another jersey :man6:
SHAQ-34

Postby 4Rings on Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:00 pm

with all due respect, we had championships before Horry came along. If the Lakers can't get a major upgrade then I would settle for Horry coming back.
If we are all thinking alike, then nobody is thinking!
4Rings

Postby BDG on Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:02 pm

4Rings wrote:with all due respect, we had championships before Horry came along.
What, in the 80s? Horry saved our [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] time and time again during that 3-peat. I don't think he should be judged by one bad offseason.

Bring him back or AT LEAST make an offer to him (preferably the minimum).
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby lakers frizzo on Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:03 pm

when horry missed all but one post season three and missed that shot against sa he sealed his fat with la hell play in dallas next year and until he retires
is shaq satisfied with three titles and continuing to blow up to 400 lbs or will he get the other hunger back and get down to 320 and win three more?? GO LAKERS 2004-06 CHAMPS!!!
lakers frizzo

Postby 4Rings on Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:05 pm

Okay, he saved our [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] in that three year run and his shot also cost us the chance to get a fourth ring. Listen, I love Horry to death and I will always love him for that big three he hit against Portland in Game 7 in 2000, and the big three he hit against Philly in Game 3 in 2001, and of course the HUGE three he hit in Game 4 against Sactown last year. But I also remember the shot he did not hit against San Antone in Game 5. I think he should be close to his daughter and just play in Texas. Like I said if we can't get a major backup for Shaquille, then yes I would welcome Horry back with a chance to redeem himself.
4Rings

Postby hi on Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:06 pm

yes, id like to have horry back with us
hi

Postby SHAQ-34 on Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:09 pm

4Rings ur right but if we 4 peated do u think Malone and GP will come hmm i dont think so dont blame horry it was in n out it happens
SHAQ-34

Postby 4Rings on Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:16 pm

who should I blame? Should I blame Kobe for passing it to him? Even if we had won, we still would have had to make changes. Look, the shot didn't go in and the only one to blame is Horry. You couldn't try to shoot 2 for 32 from 3 point range. Oy, bad memories :bang:
4Rings

Postby SHAQ-34 on Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:19 pm

jus for missing the shot i mean come on they were already blocking kobe cause spurs were scared cause kobe was on fire :mad1:
SHAQ-34

Postby 4Rings on Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:24 pm

i don't want to bring up bad memories. It is still too painful. :man6:
4Rings

Postby lakers frizzo on Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:27 pm

if horry were to resign as a vet min he would get alot of clutch looks because he would be wide open with everyother player on the court being an allstar and i think he would redeem himself but i think hes going to the mavs or the spurs which both could use him in 2004
is shaq satisfied with three titles and continuing to blow up to 400 lbs or will he get the other hunger back and get down to 320 and win three more?? GO LAKERS 2004-06 CHAMPS!!!
lakers frizzo

Postby BDG on Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:27 pm

4Rings wrote:Okay, he saved our [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] in that three year run and his shot also cost us the chance to get a fourth ring.
Horry missed the shot that probably would have gotten us the 4th ring... but how the hell do you explain the ENTIRE Lakers squad playing the prior 36 minutes very sloppily? If we came out strong, we wouldn't have been in the position to have to come back from 26 points.

You can't blame a single player for missing one shot. I'd like to see that LONG list of players that would have choked in that situation. How many times did you expect to see Horry bail us out?

The fact of the matter is that Horry himself isn't the cause of our "Lack of Quatrow." We played terribly in that series and we lost. That's it.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:54 pm

okay, you badgered me enough with this. I am not going to change my opinion of Horry. I love him, but he's gotta go. End of discussion.

Postby whats golden on Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:02 am

Should we resign Horry? I have a two word answer - HELL YEAH.

Not only would he be a great backup for the Mailman, but with Fox injured he'd see some time at SF. We all know that he is athletic enough to play there. The guy is clutch, I'm not going to cast him aside for one bad post season, for all the things that Rob has given us its time to give something back.

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby 4Rings on Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:05 am

we need a backup for Shaquille. We have some young legs to help back up Malone. If Horry wants to come back, then by all means come back and redeem himself.
4Rings

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:16 am

the only way ROB will come back to the LAKERS is if he gets 5.3 million or something close to that. Rob already was a bargain last 3 season... how much were we paying him?... 3 million a year?... He is thinking that its time to pay up now... HE has a ailing daughter who will need some medical attention.. which in turn will cost money.

Horry has been very LOYAL to the LAKERS... he listened to offers last year but decided to stay in L.A. He should now be rewarded for his past HEROICS. We should compensate him at least 3 to 4 million for his LOYALTY to the TEAM. We shouldn't just throw him away like yesterday's newspaper. We wouldn't want those daggers thrown at us if HORRY's ever on an opposing team.

KEEP him on our LAKER FAMILY!!!! Lets have him retire as a LAKER
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Beers on Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:39 am

Yeah I'd like to see him back.

He knows the offense, is a reasonable passer, has crunch time cool, and is a long (if a bit soft...) 6-10.

He's not the backup center we probably need more, but he's Rob Horry! The ice man, Queen Killer! We can go small ball, or play slava/malone at the 5 when Shaq needs a breather.

Surely he's earned some respect from the Lakers over the past few years and deserves a chance for some championship payback just like the rest of the team.

Give him a contract Lakers. C'mon Jerry & Mitch, we know you love him as much as we do. Pay the man and get him back!
Beers

Postby Ring It Up on Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:51 am

All this bad mouthing Horry because he missed ONE big shot. Can someone name one clutch player who shoots 100% in clutch situations? He had a bad playoff year and I think it was due to the fact that he had to play so many minutes with Shaq out so much last year. Is it really fair to hang the failure of last year all on Rob? I for one want him back. He would get hella good looks with the squad we have put to together.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby ZenMaster on Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:22 am

I like Rob also, BryantDunkGiant hit the nail on the head....we AS A TEAM blew it in the playoffs last year against S.A. If we had been consistent for 48 minutes, it never would have HAD to come down to that last-second shot. Also financially, yes we should offer Horry a few mil for all he's done for us, but sadly we just don't have it, plain and simple. All we can offer him now is a 'veteran's exception', which is around $1.4-1.5 mill, b/c we are WAY over the cap and Gary Payton is claiming our other (mid-level) exception, $4.5 mil or thereabouts. So if Rob is to come back to us it would have to be for less pay. But according to ESPN Dallas has contacted Horry several times in the last few days, so if we seriously want him Mitch needs to call him...
ZenMaster

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:32 am

Do I want Horry back?! HELL YES...

In fact, If I was playing with him today, and the time was running down, and we were down... I would pass him the ball to hit the shot. Despite his "drought" he had in last year's playoffs...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LARolePlayer on Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:06 am

Just imagine playing game 7 in the playoffs against Dallas or some other team and be on the receiving side of Robert's 3-pointer!Ouch!!! And you all know he is going to make one of them. He is well overdue...I love Horry.Bring him of the bench for Karl Malone or whatever...DO NOT LET HIM GO!!! :man6:
Role Players turn our team from being great to the GREATEST!!!
LARolePlayer

noooooooooooo waaaaaaaaayyy

Postby xanadu on Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:32 am

way... Too Many Mistakes for a vet. besides we really need a big man....let him go to dallas.... he's all done,he served us well. plus we need hungry players. we have enough experienced players.....we need guys who are going to dive 4 those balls that the old guys can't get too....
"YOU MUST SHOW NO MURCY- NOR HAVE ANY BELIEF WHATSOEVER IN HOW OTHERS JUDGE YOU- FOR GREATNESS WILL SILENCE THEM ALL"
xanadu

Postby Vasashi17 on Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:51 pm

I'm with you xanadu....I would love for Horry to come back to us for 1.5 which he honestly deserves after his performance last year. Don't forget people, we love our players, but this is a business and Laker officials should treat it that way. In years past, the Lakers were loyal to their players instead of being hungry and trying to raise the bar I love Horry to death and I really want him to retire as a Laker, but for him to demand more money after not performing to his true ability last year makes me say...next please. The Lakers were loyal to him during our threepeat even though our number one glaring problem was the position he played. For him not to be loyal to us and return to us for his deserving price of a million-five, just makes it even more easier to close the book on his great Laker years. We'll sorely miss him and wish him the best in Dallas....but don't expect a ring out there Rob.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Coppertop on Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:58 pm

Seriously though, how desparate is Dallas? Why the heck do they need Rob??? They already have enough tall, skinny shooters. Doesn't make sense to me.
Coppertop

Postby Return2Showtime on Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:21 pm

4Rings wrote:who should I blame? Should I blame Kobe for passing it to him? Even if we had won, we still would have had to make changes. Look, the shot didn't go in and the only one to blame is Horry. You couldn't try to shoot 2 for 32 from 3 point range. Oy, bad memories :bang:

Yea, alright, so Rob's shot didn't go in. And he missed a lot of other shots this season. But do you realize we never would have had that third ring wthout him? He's done so much for this team, and I think a lot of it has gone unnoticed. You can blame him for missing that one shot, but you can't blame him for losing that game or the series. There were plenty of other missed shots, turnover, missed defensive assignments, etc, etc, that cost them the game and the series. The Lakers lacked depth all season, and it only got worse when Fox and George went down. We all know that Shaq was out of shape and didn't seem to be in some of the games mentally. Kobe played hurt half the year and still managed to amaze everyone. Then when Kobe hurt his shoulder, he still played on. Like I said, you can't blame a loss on one person. I know you gave credit to Rob for the shots he has hit in the past, and that's good, but you don't want to get rid of a guy because of one missed shot and you don't keep him for one made shot.
The additions of Payton and Malone will bring the Lakers back to having talent like they did during the Showtime Era... maybe they can win another championship like the one Magic is holding.
Return2Showtime

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion