Hang in there Laker fans.

Hang in there Laker fans.

Postby Frank Dux on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:49 pm

Now that we have the contrived, low IQ, no fundamentals, primadonna, petulant, man-child out of the picture... I can say this with confidence, The Los Angeles Lakers will win a championship before the Houston Rockets will. Dwight wasn't worth a max contract under the new CBA, and I think we dodged a bullet, as he's really not as good as advertised. Does he want to win? Sure, but more importantly, he wanted to get away from the harsh winning culture of the Lakers, and go to a happy-go-lucky Houston team so he can goof off with Parsons and Lin.

So let's stick it out Laker fans, we might have a bad year, but things will turn around very soon, and the right player will fall into our laps. Keep repping Laker brethren, there are very good things to come :beer:
Frank Dux

Re: Hang in there Laker fans.

Postby DarthRekal on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:51 pm

i believe it will happen sooner than people think... idk.. im thinking the bad karma might have been dwight :jam2:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:51 pm

i'm not even trippin...these are the freekin Lakers we're talkin about
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby chingy248 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:52 pm

When can we shoot the Mitch/Robert Sacre Backstage Lakers Promo?
chingy248

Postby Frank Dux on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:55 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:i'm not even trippin...these are the freekin Lakers we're talkin about

Real talk. The Lakers will rise.
Frank Dux

Postby Elle on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:59 pm

Frank, you said word for word the same thing I told someone about D12 last week. Let his sorry butt leave, we begged, we freaking begged this moron to stay only to have him go to the Rockets?! These are the Lakers you walked away from dummy, good luck ever winning a ring. Now that that's been said, who wants to go with me to his house to help him pack?
Elle

Postby Azndude2190 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:05 pm

A basketball team always has to rebuild, we did so in the 90s before 1996, when we got Shaq and Kobe, we did it again the two years after Shaq left, and we will do it again.
A deep man, believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart's blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby Weezy on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:06 pm

I'm not going anywhere, never have before, never will. I'll still be there watching every ugly game. :man10: I don't see this as much worse than '05 right now, I wouldn't say that team was much better, if they were at all.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:06 pm

I'm really glad someone made a thread like this with some optimism. Like I've said in another thread, next year will more than likely be painful, but now more than every with just Nash (not Howard now) on the books for 2014 we can really craft what we want.

Believe it or not 2006-2007 was a lot more bleak then where we are right now. Like Frank said, we will survive this and we will be stronger because of it. No matter how bad we are next year I'm not missing a single game just like always.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby MambaFromDownUnder on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:16 pm

Adversity Breeds Success my brethren's, if there is one thing I have learnt in my many years of watching LA, it's don't ever light a fire under Kobe Bryant's a**.

"Los Angeles was not created in order to disappear - we will endure and flourish. It is the child of hope and the home of the brave. It can neither be broken by adversity nor demoralized by success. It carries 16 Champions of democracy and it honors the sword of Kobe Bryant".
- John F. Kennedy
Last edited by MambaFromDownUnder on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MambaFromDownUnder

Postby Nashty Gal on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:17 pm

dark ages indeed. never heard the need to use the "hang in there" phrase towards lakers
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby 432J on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:18 pm

he walked away from the greatest franchise in basketball for the HOUSTON ROCKETS!
:man10:

not exactly a winning culture over there. minus the 2 titles they won when mj was in retirement. not worried at all since it's the lakers we're talking about. dwight won't be winning crap in houston given that they were worse than we were last season!
432J

Postby Frank Dux on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:19 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:I'm really glad someone made a thread like this with some optimism. Like I've said in another thread, next year will more than likely be painful, but now more than every with just Nash (not Howard now) on the books for 2014 we can really craft what we want.

Believe it or not 2006-2007 was a lot more bleak then where we are right now. Like Frank said, we will survive this and we will be stronger because of it. No matter how bad we are next year I'm not missing a single game just like always.

Good point. We recently just went thru the Kwame years, we thought things would never get better and then BAM! out nowhere we won back-to-back.
Frank Dux

Postby kray28 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:19 pm

Welcome to the Jim Buss Era.
kray28

Postby Johnnyboy on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:21 pm

Lebron/Melo/Gay/lillard/uncle drew/drummond/john wall are all available next season. All this does is make Jim look bad and hopefully humble him up a bit. Good will come out of this. Watch and see my friends.
Johnnyboy

Postby DarthRekal on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:23 pm

Kyrie Irving????? Yes Please!
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby gcclaker on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:26 pm

Laker fan life goes on... We'll take the hits now BUT we will hit back! :man1:
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:27 pm

DarthRekal wrote:Kyrie Irving????? Yes Please!

Everyone wants him but until he's an unrestricted free agent Cavs will always match
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:54 pm

Johnnyboy wrote:Lebron/Melo/Gay/lillard/uncle drew/drummond/john wall are all available next season. All this does is make Jim look bad and hopefully humble him up a bit. Good will come out of this. Watch and see my friends.

Lebron - Never playing in LA
Melo - never leaving NY
Gay - PASS
lillard - Portland won't let him leave
uncle drew - Possibility, don't see it happening
drummond - Nothing special
john wall - decent...highly overrated, WAY OVERPRICED - PASS

There's our so-called 2014 plan. Most won't even leave their current situation, most are over priced/overrated, and exactly NONE will want to come to a second rate roster in turmoil to follow an inept owner in the shadow of a legend. Game-Set-Match Jimmy Boy. Next year is a picnic compared with what will follow...Brace yourselves, fellow Lakers fans, times are gonna be ROUGH for the next 5 or 6 years...no light at the end of the tunnel...stay tuned.
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby Azndude2190 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:08 pm

If not 2014, then 2015. If we position ourselves well this season and next season, we'll have cap space flexibility for the next few years.
A deep man, believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart's blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby raviator on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:09 pm

Thing is, are the Lakers really going to be that bad? Looking at this from another perspective, we still have Gasol one the best skilled big men in the league, we have Nash albeit old when somewhat healthy is still a deadly pick and roll artist and shooter who knows how to take care of himself, and we'll have Kobe coming back sometime in November/December more determined than ever. Granted all three are coming off injury but with a whole summer to heal, who's to say this team won't make some noise? Yes we just lost Howard while a defensive monster, he's not a difference maker on the offensive end. Also we still have Hill-yes also coming off injury-plug him into the starting lineup and you still have rebounding, hustle and a measure of defense. I'm not saying this team is a championship team, not by any stretch, but if we recall last year we had quite possibly the worst injury riddle season in history and still squeaked into the 7th spot in the playoffs. Of course then the injuries came to a head and that's all she wrote.
With a training camp, a chance for guys to familiarize themselves with each other, and some injury free good fortune, I still have confidence this team can still compete at an elite level. Maybe I'm looking at this whole thing with a glass half full mentality maybe a little too much, but with the personnel we still have, I just don't see how this team is going to be as bad as what everyone is making them out to be. Then 2014 will hit and who knows.... My two cents anyway.
raviator

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:13 pm

But we won't have anything to offer free agents...we have no team left. We are a lottery team with an inept owner, an overly critical fan base and the pressure of living up to the history of living legends. It's actually a drawback now...not a selling point, Dwight is proof of that.
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby DarthRekal on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:18 pm

you guys are kidding yourselves.. if you think NOONE EVER will come to the Lakers... look at the Yankees.. people play for the Yankees just to wear the pinstripes... sure the NBA is a primadonna league now.. but eventually.. if the Lakers stay in the dumps.. someone will want to be the one to brink the PnG "back to glory"
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby Ras Algethi on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:23 pm

Agreed. Lakers are much bigger than this clown. I'm incredibly indifferent about the whole Dwight fiasco. I'm glad its over. Lakers will rebound like we always do.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:25 pm

raviator wrote:Thing is, are the Lakers really going to be that bad? Looking at this from another perspective, we still have Gasol one the best skilled big men in the league, we have Nash albeit old when somewhat healthy is still a deadly pick and roll artist and shooter who knows how to take care of himself, and we'll have Kobe coming back sometime in November/December more determined than ever. Granted all three are coming off injury but with a whole summer to heal, who's to say this team won't make some noise? Yes we just lost Howard while a defensive monster, he's not a difference maker on the offensive end. Also we still have Hill-yes also coming off injury-plug him into the starting lineup and you still have rebounding, hustle and a measure of defense. I'm not saying this team is a championship team, not by any stretch, but if we recall last year we had quite possibly the worst injury riddle season in history and still squeaked into the 7th spot in the playoffs. Of course then the injuries came to a head and that's all she wrote.
With a training camp, a chance for guys to familiarize themselves with each other, and some injury free good fortune, I still have confidence this team can still compete at an elite level. Maybe I'm looking at this whole thing with a glass half full mentality maybe a little too much, but with the personnel we still have, I just don't see how this team is going to be as bad as what everyone is making them out to be. Then 2014 will hit and who knows.... My two cents anyway.

OK, reality check here. First. Last year we had Earl Clark, Chris Duhon and Antawn Jamison play crucial roles in lifting the team at different times last year. These guys are all gone. Second, we had Bynum with Gasol and Kobe before Dwight, now that will be Ryan Kelly or Robert Sacre. Third, Kobe, Gasol AND Nash are all coming off of injuries that are more about long term wear and tear (old bodies breaking down ala Tracy McGrady, Manu Ginobili, than they were about fluke plays. Lastly, the two examples you gave were also with benches that are HUGELY more talented than what we will have this season. Honestly, we are looking at d-league level players for our back up SG, SF, PF, C...not to mention our “reserves”, who will probably be Darius Morris, Earl Watson and Ryan Kelly. We won't win 35 games next year.
Snakell Beast

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion