HELP: Opening day seating suggestions/opinions

HELP: Opening day seating suggestions/opinions

Postby Yay Area Laker on Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:51 pm

What up fellow fans! I need your opinions on which seats would be best for my first ever Laker game on opening day. I’ve be stuck on choosing from the two following sections 117 (by the Lakers tunnel) and 116 (behind the basket near the Lakers bench). The choices for seats in section 117 are rows 17 or 14, and the choices for seats in section 116 are rows D or 1. I’m not sure if rows D or 1 in 116 are great views because stubhud states that the tickets are aisle and I could end up being stuck behind the basket not being able to see anything. So if I could receive any positive feedback from any of you fans who have sat in these sections that can help me decided which to choose from. Thanks!
Yay Area Laker

Re: HELP: Opening day seating suggestions/opinions

Postby xfellerx on Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:52 pm

link to your options please.
xfellerx

Postby Yay Area Laker on Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:02 am

Section 116: Loge Edge -
http://www.stubhub.com/los-angeles-lake ... 09-871995/

Section 117: Loge Corner -
http://www.stubhub.com/los-angeles-lake ... 09-871995/

thanks!!!
Yay Area Laker

Postby xfellerx on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:10 pm

links dont work. but depending on what you are paying, i would definitely sit 117. i sat there and went there right when staples opened. got to watch shannon warm up, lo, sasha, adam and other, pictures of everyone walking out of the tunnel, the captains autograph, shannons autograph, lo's autograph, said whats up to drew, pau, pictures of mike trudell, norm nixon, and at the end of the game pau threw me his towel. success.

i got the pictures and stuff still if you want to see them, to see how close you will be sitting.
xfellerx

Postby Najim on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:51 pm

117 all the way.
The Last Stand Has Begun...
Najim

Postby Lakeshow75 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:14 pm

Najim wrote:117 all the way.

This

You'll have a much better view of the guys on the floor getting their rings and watching the championship banner presentation.

Those seats in 116 stink because even though you're in row D, you're still not only behind the basket, but behind that fat walkway that separates the court side seats and the 100's section.
Lakeshow75

Postby laker42fan on Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:51 pm

Here is what he is talking about,

http://www.stubhub.com/los-angeles-lakers-tickets/lakers-vs-clippers-10-27-2009-871995/

Man, that is a hefty mark up, these are $195 Face. SH charges a pretty penny in fees!
I may wait to see what you can get from ticket exchange, what do you guys think?
laker42fan

Postby Yay Area Laker on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:17 pm

thanks guys... i really appreciate all of the feedback. i'm going to buy my tickets later on tonight when i get off of work. should i sit in row 17 or 14? is there much of a difference?
Yay Area Laker

Postby xfellerx on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:14 pm

yes there is a BIG difference. sit in 17. its further down.
xfellerx

Postby xfellerx on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:15 pm

oh and take me with you. :man1:
xfellerx

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:22 pm

My suggestion : Give me the tickets...
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Yay Area Laker on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:38 pm

:man10: haha. yeah give my the $333 for the tickets and i'll take you. lol. but in section 117 row 17 is closer than row 14??? how is that??? but they are gonna get copped tonight.
Yay Area Laker

Postby Yay Area Laker on Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:35 am

just bought the tickets for section 117 row 17. xfellerx if you can post up your pics of the game sitting in that section. thanks.
Yay Area Laker

Postby Francesco81 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:07 am

1) Tickets are already on sale? Cause I read on the official website of the Lakers that the presale will not begin before 3 October... :man3:

2) Can I buy (on this site http://www.stubhub.com/los-angeles-lakers-tickets/) tickets even if I live in Italy? :man11: I will be, for the first time in my life, at Staples Center November 12 (Lakers-Suns) and I need two tickets :jam2:

3) What place would you recommend with a budget of about $ 400?

Thanks to anyone who has the patience to answer me!
GO LAKERS
GO LAZIO

Sorry, my english isn't good.

"Se non credi in te stesso, scordati che qualcun altro lo faccia per te" Kobe Bryant.
Francesco81

Postby MadMax on Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:25 am

Najim wrote:117 all the way.

Yup.
MadMax

Postby superbad on Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:47 am

Francesco81 wrote:1) Tickets are already on sale? Cause I read on the official website of the Lakers that the presale will not begin before 3 October... :man3:

2) Can I buy (on this site http://www.stubhub.com/los-angeles-lakers-tickets/) tickets even if I live in Italy? :man11: I will be, for the first time in my life, at Staples Center November 12 (Lakers-Suns) and I need two tickets :jam2:

I believe the tickets were given out to Season Ticket Holders (STH) already. There's a presale going and make sure you're signed up for it. Check that out first and see if you can buy anything from ticketmaster. StubHub is your fallback plan.

Other ticket tips are here: lakers-discussion/official-2009-2010-season-tickets-talk-t114562.html
^^^ THE SHOT THAT GAVE US OUR FOURTH RING! 15TH MOFOS! ^^^
superbad

Postby MagicIS350 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:33 am

wow.. even vs Clippers, the prices are jacked up.. ridiculous.. I know it's also ring ceremony, but damn..
GO LAKERS!!!
MagicIS350

Postby 987s on Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:11 pm

It's cool to see fans traveling from across the globe and catch a Lakers game.

1) Tickets are not officially on sale, but season ticket holders pretty much already know where their seats are located and are selling them in advance of the Lakers official sale.

2) I wouldn't recommend purchasing from Stubhub if you're a non-US resident. I would wait until the October 3rd presale and try purchasing tickets to the game of your choice then. You will probably only have a 5-10% chance of getting tickets to the Nov 12th game, but it's worth a shot. If you do happen to get tickets, choose the "TicketFast" option to have your tickets emailed to you.

Assuming you don't get tickets directly from the Lakers, go to the Lakers TicketExchange site and buy it directly from a season ticket holder through the Lakers. You will then also get the tickets emailed to you.

Francesco81 wrote:1) Tickets are already on sale? Cause I read on the official website of the Lakers that the presale will not begin before 3 October... :man3:

987s

Postby xfellerx on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:04 pm

Yay Area Laker wrote:just bought the tickets for section 117 row 17. xfellerx if you can post up your pics of the game sitting in that section. thanks.

like i said, 117. you will not be disappointed.

here you go. they are on my flickr.
www.flickr.com/xfellerx
xfellerx

Postby LakerFanIam on Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Yo... my seats are in 117. Just at the top of the tunnel. I love this viewing angle of the game. You get to really see the movement of the offense clearly..... Maybe I'll see ya there. They're company seats, so I don't go to all the games....
Last edited by LakerFanIam on Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LakerFanIam

Postby Francesco81 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:33 pm

987s wrote:It's cool to see fans traveling from across the globe and catch a Lakers game.

1) Tickets are not officially on sale, but season ticket holders pretty much already know where their seats are located and are selling them in advance of the Lakers official sale.

2) I wouldn't recommend purchasing from Stubhub if you're a non-US resident. I would wait until the October 3rd presale and try purchasing tickets to the game of your choice then. You will probably only have a 5-10% chance of getting tickets to the Nov 12th game, but it's worth a shot. If you do happen to get tickets, choose the "TicketFast" option to have your tickets emailed to you.

Assuming you don't get tickets directly from the Lakers, go to the Lakers TicketExchange site and buy it directly from a season ticket holder through the Lakers. You will then also get the tickets emailed to you.

Thanks for the answers. Two questions.

1) Ticketmaster sells tickets outside the United States? Sends me a mail with PDF attachment?

2) Why do you consider only 5-10% chance to buy tickets?
GO LAKERS
GO LAZIO

"Se non credi in te stesso, scordati che qualcun altro lo faccia per te" Kobe Bryant.
Francesco81

Postby 987s on Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:15 pm

1) I'm pretty sure Ticketmaster sells to foreign residents, but they might have problems with your credit card. You'll have to check with them to be sure. Both Ticketmaster and Ticketexchange will have the option of sending you the tickets via email as a PDF format.

2) Most of the tickets will be taken up by season ticket holders and during the presale. You'll have to get lucky to get tickets you want in the section you want. Although since the Suns aren't the team they used to be and California's economy is in the dump, maybe you'll have a greater than 10% chance. But that's my guess.

Even if you don't get the tickets during the official Lakers sale, you'll 100% be able to purchase them via TicketExchange, albeit with a substantial markup.

1) Ticketmaster sells tickets outside the United States? Sends me a mail with PDF attachment?

987s

Postby Yay Area Laker on Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:01 pm

thanks for the pics xfellerx!!!! i bought the seats last night, row 17 in section 117. is that the row you were sitting at when you went to the game??? LakerFanIam what row are your seats in section 117???
Yay Area Laker

Postby xfellerx on Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:44 pm

ya man. i just went down to get some pics before the game and after the game as long as you have tickets in section 117. you just cant get past a certain number of rows because there is a guy at the bottom near the court.
xfellerx

Postby Francesco81 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:27 am

987s wrote:1) I'm pretty sure Ticketmaster sells to foreign residents, but they might have problems with your credit card. You'll have to check with them to be sure. Both Ticketmaster and Ticketexchange will have the option of sending you the tickets via email as a PDF format.

2) Most of the tickets will be taken up by season ticket holders and during the presale. You'll have to get lucky to get tickets you want in the section you want. Although since the Suns aren't the team they used to be and California's economy is in the dump, maybe you'll have a greater than 10% chance. But that's my guess.

Even if you don't get the tickets during the official Lakers sale, you'll 100% be able to purchase them via TicketExchange, albeit with a substantial markup.

Thanks for the help and information :man12: .

As for the credit card I should not have a problem considering that belongs to the circuit Mastercard.

As regards the possibility of buying the tickets I think I have a good chance that I will be purchasing two tickets are not cheap (about $ 500 each). Also it is my honeymoon and I am therefore willing to do anything to see por Los Angeles Lakers at the Staples :man9: :man9: :man9:

Thanks again for your help!
GO LAKERS
GO LAZIO

Francesco81

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion