Hero/Zero

Re: Hero/Zero

Postby cthroatgtr on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:35 pm

Zero: Players 8-12
cthroatgtr

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:37 pm

Odom1year is Back :jam2:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby odom1year on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:42 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
odom1year wrote:
The Rock wrote:Hero: Kobe
Zero: Meeks

In Clipper's game ? Actually Kobe is zero to me.

^^ Over Meeks? You're joking, right? That's pretty funny.

If Meeks has enough touches and chances like Kobe...OK, I agree that Kobe played better Meeks.
odom1year

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:53 pm

odom1year wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:
odom1year wrote:

If Meeks has enough touches and chances like Kobe...OK, I agree that Kobe played better Meeks.

Yeah that's the ticket for sure that we needed.... Meeks handling the ball and having more touches and it out of that ball hog Kobe's hand. What a ludicrous position about Kobe you take every time you show up with very few exceptions. :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby odom1year on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:58 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
odom1year wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:
odom1year wrote:

Yeah that's the ticket for sure that we needed.... Meeks handling the ball and having more touches and it out of that ball hog Kobe's hand. What a ludicrous position about Kobe you take every time you show up with very few exceptions. :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

What I'm saying is Kobe will never be ZERO, no matter how bad the game he plays and how bad in FG shooting, he will still get the most points and most assists in the game. Just because he is getting most touches and chances.
odom1year

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Right! "In Clipper's game ? Actually Kobe is zero to me." :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby odom1year on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:21 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:Right! "In Clipper's game ? Actually Kobe is zero to me." :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

As a leader, he was. In stats, he will never be..
odom1year

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:33 am

What in the hell are you talking about? What in the F did you want him to do all damned game that he didn't effing do? He played facillitator and passer the whole game and also tried to score some when he could. Literally the WHOLE game like he has been doing with no breaks. As a leader he was a ZERO??????????? Maybe not you, but your POSTS are moronic. Just stop. :bang: :bang: :bang:
LTLakerFan

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:21 am

he doesn't watch any of the games. he just looks at the boxscores and comes when we lose.

obvious troll is obvious. get out of here coby karl.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:37 am

steve blake and his missed 3s

jodie meeks for being jodie meeks

i hate basketball right now
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby JGC on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:52 am

lakerfan2 wrote:he doesn't watch any of the games. he just looks at the boxscores and comes when we lose.

I'm one of Kobe's harshest critics myself but I don't understand something. If you think he is a troll, why not just use the 'ignore' function?

I personally don't think he is a troll but I can see why here, at CL, he would be incorrectly viewed as such. It's not being a troll if he gets under your skin, otherwise, every negative comment about Kobe would be considered troll-like behavior. It's only troll-like, I believe, if there is reason to believe that that the motivation for the post was just to get under people's skin.

I think the guy just doesn't like Kobe. So what? There's nothing wrong with that, it's not like he's Gandhi or something, he's just a basketball player that's all.
JGC

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:55 am

JGC wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:he doesn't watch any of the games. he just looks at the boxscores and comes when we lose.

I'm one of Kobe's harshest critics myself but I don't understand something. If you think he is a troll, why not just use the 'ignore' function?

I personally don't think he is a troll but I can see why here, at CL, he would be incorrectly viewed as such. It's not being a troll if he gets under your skin, otherwise, every negative comment about Kobe would be considered troll-like behavior. It's only troll-like, I believe, if there is reason to believe that that the motivation for the post was just to get under people's skin.

I think the guy just doesn't like Kobe. So what? There's nothing wrong with that, it's not like he's Gandhi or something, he's just a basketball player that's all.

kobe > ghandi

stop trolling, JGC
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby JGC on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:59 am

pound4pound1 wrote:
JGC wrote:

kobe > ghandi

stop trolling, JGC

Bahahaha. Fine. Mother Theresa then? :man1:
JGC

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:54 am

JGC wrote:

No, that is BS. He comes in here after that game that Kobe played yesterday, the whole game with his recent injuries just like the 3 games prior to that, spilling his guts on the floor, passing, distributing, trying to stay in rhythm to score......and on the floor encouraging all of his teammates.....clearly captured by those fancy cameras we have now, and then come in here and have the balls to give Kobe a zero for leadership? That is trolling. Sure, ignore but he gets quoted by others whose observations I greatly value and enjoy, and always want to hear what they're thinking.
LTLakerFan

Postby JGC on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:06 am

LTLakerFan wrote:
JGC wrote:

No, that is BS. He comes in here after that game that Kobe played yesterday, the whole game with his recent injuries just like the 3 games prior to that, spilling his guts on the floor, passing, distributing, trying to stay in rhythm to score......and on the floor encouraging all of his teammates.....clearly captured by those fancy cameras we have now, and then come in here and have the balls to give Kobe a zero for leadership? That is trolling. Sure, ignore but he gets quoted by others whose observations I greatly value and enjoy, and always want to hear what they're thinking.

I've seen negative posts about Bynum, Pau, Odom, Howard and other players after they had good efforts. Are those posters trolls too?

By ignore, I meant use the ignore function and DON'T respond to his posts. Why are you responding, to what you believe is a troll?
JGC

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:15 am

Weak sauce. You are better than defending what odom1year does here. You make sense with your arguments at least.
LTLakerFan

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:20 am

JGC wrote:

because unlike you, JGC, he just comes in to threads posting negative comments about Kobe without supporting his claim.

"Kobe is a hero by stats, but leadership is zero." That makes absolutely zero sense without any explanation. Had he actually watched the game yesterday, he would've noticed Kobe getting 9 assists in the first half, rallying his team in the 4th even though they were down 10-15 and still trying to play hard with 2 minutes left down 15 when everyone else just seemed to give up.

If he's going to come in here and start bashing a player without any basis, and then try to call himself a Laker fan, right...

There's a difference between being a fan and being critical of a player (you and I), and there's being a troll (whatever his name is).
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby JGC on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:28 am

lakerfan2 wrote:
JGC wrote:

because unlike you, JGC, he just comes in to threads posting negative comments about Kobe without supporting his claim.

"Kobe is a hero by stats, but leadership is zero." That makes absolutely zero sense without any explanation. Had he actually watched the game yesterday, he would've noticed Kobe getting 9 assists in the first half, rallying his team in the 4th even though they were down 10-15 and still trying to play hard with 2 minutes left down 15 when everyone else just seemed to give up.

If he's going to come in here and start bashing a player without any basis, and then try to call himself a Laker fan, right...

There's a difference between being a fan and being critical of a player (you and I), and there's being a troll (whatever his name is).

I suppose. I will agree he doesn't really elaborate on his points, he just sort of comes in and doesn't explain. But, I see a lot of posts from people who just say "Good job [PLAYER NAME]!" and don't explain themselves either.

If a lack of an explanation is what is considered to be troll-like, I think it has to go both ways. You shouldn't have to only explain yourself when you bag on a player, or, should you? As I mentioned, I've seen so many posters do that with Pau, among other players, coaches, commentators, owners, etc.

It would open up a huge can of worms.
JGC

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:53 am

Really.... still defending his behavior? :bow: :man10: :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby JGC on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:23 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:Really.... still defending his behavior? :bow: :man10: :man10:

I'm not defending his behavior per se, I'm just saying that it opens up a can of worms if the problem you want to prevent is someone just comes in and says SOMETHING, with no explanation. It happens ALL the time.

Would you have said the same thing if the person came in and said "Kobe is a hero by stats and by leadership" then? I'm guessing not, right?

So I'm just saying we have to be very careful here, about drawing the line. And, in fact, I think that might have been done by the mods recently as well, and in most cases, they do a decent job of managing it.

But I would not like to see it where all users who applaud or criticize a player without offering an explanation are trolls. I mean, that makes little sense to me anyway. Plus, it happens all the time such as in the Pau thread or even the MDA thread too. I'm not defending his behavior, I'm saying, let's consider WHAT the actual problem is because it can't be not having an explanation.
JGC

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:33 pm

I've only attacked his posts because his agenda is clear and they're garbage....sorry am not as PC as apparently you would like it around here.
LTLakerFan

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:53 pm

JGC wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:Really.... still defending his behavior? :bow: :man10: :man10:

I'm not defending his behavior per se, I'm just saying that it opens up a can of worms if the problem you want to prevent is someone just comes in and says SOMETHING, with no explanation. It happens ALL the time.

Would you have said the same thing if the person came in and said "Kobe is a hero by stats and by leadership" then? I'm guessing not, right?

So I'm just saying we have to be very careful here, about drawing the line. And, in fact, I think that might have been done by the mods recently as well, and in most cases, they do a decent job of managing it.

But I would not like to see it where all users who applaud or criticize a player without offering an explanation are trolls. I mean, that makes little sense to me anyway. Plus, it happens all the time such as in the Pau thread or even the MDA thread too. I'm not defending his behavior, I'm saying, let's consider WHAT the actual problem is because it can't be not having an explanation.

there's a difference when someone fans actually watch a game and don't need an explanation.

when the points are completely out of the blue, then yes, they need explanation.

a comment from odom1year would be like: "Zero: MDA - Why did Metta have DNP! :man2: "
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby odom1year on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:54 pm

Hero: Antwan and Pau
Zero: Clark
odom1year

Postby Finwë on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:00 pm

^ I thought Clark was important, his D on Vasquez in the 2nd half was very good. Of course, that doesn't show up on the box score :man1:

H: Pau, Kobe's 4th quarter scoring spree
Z: Dwight's 2nd half effort, looked unhappy and kinda desinterested.. Probably because he was on foul trouble
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:02 pm

hero - kobe
zero - dwight
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion