Hero/Zero

Re: Hero/Zero

Postby trodgers on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:06 am

gcclaker wrote:Hero: 24 [from what I read]
Zero: Meeks [from what I read]
Zero [MORE than honorable mention]: DISH Network :man10:

I'm not springing for League Pass this year. Sign up for free at NBA.com and listen to Ireland and Mychal Thompson. They're a really enjoyable broadcast duo.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby gcclaker on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:08 am

trodgers wrote:
gcclaker wrote:Hero: 24 [from what I read]
Zero: Meeks [from what I read]
Zero [MORE than honorable mention]: DISH Network :man10:

I'm not springing for League Pass this year. Sign up for free at NBA.com and listen to Ireland and Mychal Thompson. They're a really enjoyable broadcast duo.

I may have to go that route. Thanks T-Rod... I agree on Ireland and Thompson as I have caught their broadcast many a time while driving home.
Nor can the Lakers get blamed for always making the right decisions over decades. At some point its not just luck or "gamble", its superior management and superior ownership.
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:25 am

That's F-ing hilarious. Was it planned? Or why did the camera go right to that kid? :man10:
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Finwë on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:59 am

How does he not get that call though?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Juronimo on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:21 pm

Hero: Kobe for the triple double and running the team
Zero: Meeks, dude has a long way to go before he plays like we think he can.
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby trodgers on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:41 pm

Finwë wrote:How does he not get that call though?

Slamming your arm onto a guy's head isn't a foul. Show it to me in the rule book. :man12:
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby GoldHammish on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:12 pm

lakerswiz wrote:Image

Posted in the other thread, but it's just so good:

Courtesy of fkmikebrown
GoldHammish

Postby Alcindor on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:38 pm

easy

Hero: Kobe tripdub 3 steals

Zero: Meeks, Hot garbage on both ends of the floor so far.
Alcindor

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:44 pm

^^^ Meeks has been nowhere near garbage on the defensive end of the floor.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:42 am

trodgers wrote:
Finwë wrote:How does he not get that call though?

Slamming your arm onto a guy's head isn't a foul. Show it to me in the rule book. :man12:

Good no call. No stitches required so the refs let it go. Need to bash someone's brain in to get a foul.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Weezy on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:01 pm

Hero: Pau Gasol. 17 points, 11 boards, 7 assists, a block, and some fantastic defensive possessions on Lopez.

Zero: Morris, I guess. Nobody really stunk it up, but he got torched by Deron early on, and he couldn't be trusted to finish the game. Honorable mention, Jamison (getting no playing time I assume because he's doing jack out there), Meeks, and Howard for all those bricked free throws.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby gill on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:03 pm

Hero: Kobe... Pau

Zero: Morris' poor decision making in the 4th. Did D-Will get in his head? He just recklessly abandoned his passing game and tried to score in the paint.
gill

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:03 pm

hero: pau, loved that help D on the final bkn possession
zero: morris
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby GoldHammish on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:04 pm

Gasol/Meeks
GoldHammish

Postby escobar8 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:04 pm

hero...artest...he made some huge 3s...
zero...meeks...
escobar8

Postby bumrusherer on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:05 pm

Metta...he hit a really big 3 late in the game when we were down and made a decent amount of them throughout the game.

And ofcourse, Kobe for getting us off to a good start and closing it out at the end.
bumrusherer

Postby Finwë on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:05 pm

Weezy wrote:Hero: Pau Gasol. 17 points, 11 boards, 7 assists, a block, and some fantastic defensive possessions on Lopez.

Zero: Morris, I guess. Nobody really stunk it up, but he got torched by Deron early on, and he couldn't be trusted to finish the game. Honorable mention, Jamison (getting no playing time I assume because he's doing jack out there), Meeks, and Howard for all those bricked free throws.

He also had some AWFUL defensive possessions on Lopez.. He's getting slower and even a guy like Lopez was able to drive by him easily.

Having said that, I'll give the Hero nod to Pau too, because he was so wonderful on offense and, like you pointed out, he did have some solid sequences on D. HMs: Kobe & MWP.

Zero: It could be Meeks, but he played just 9 minutes.. Morris is tonight's 0 for me
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby The Rock on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:07 pm

I think Pau may be tiring here, lots of minutes hes logging in and it wont get any easier, this was the 1st game of a 4 in 5 nights stretch

Hero: MWP
Zero: Meeks. 9 minutes 0 points, 1 rebound

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Daloyalfan18 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:09 pm

GoldHammish wrote:Gasol/Meeks
Daloyalfan18

Postby Weezy on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:12 pm

Finwë wrote:
Weezy wrote:Hero: Pau Gasol. 17 points, 11 boards, 7 assists, a block, and some fantastic defensive possessions on Lopez.

He also had some AWFUL defensive possessions on Lopez.. He's getting slower and even a guy like Lopez was able to drive by him easily.

True, but those were early on, in the 4th with the game on the line Pau locked it down most of the time. Lopez is a very good player, I won't get on Pau too much about Lopez scoring, Pau's not young anymore either.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Punk-101 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:15 pm

Hero: Pau- Nice statline. Horrible defense on Lopez in the first half, but tightened it up in crunchtime.
Zero: Meeks- -13 in 9 minutes.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby Finwë on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:15 pm

Weezy wrote:
Finwë wrote:

True, but those were early on, in the 4th with the game on the line Pau locked it down most of the time. Lopez is a very good player, I won't get on Pau too much about Lopez scoring, Pau's not young anymore either.

I agree, he did play great D down the stretch
Finwë

Postby easyguy on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:18 pm

Finwë wrote:He also had some AWFUL defensive possessions on Lopez.. He's getting slower and even a guy like Lopez was able to drive by him easily.

Are you kidding me, Lopez was hitting everything tonight, Pau and everyone else had to run at him to make him put it on the floor, hence getting beat of dribble. He's 32, played 38 minutes, hell he should be at his prime and not get beat at all. It's easy to sit at home eating potato chips and commenting.
easyguy

Postby Frank Dux on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:21 pm

Hero: Kobe. He had a nice efficient game, but most importantly, he closed the game out. Those free throws were key, as was receiving Pau's wild 'three flies up' pass that could've cost us the game.

Zero: Morris. Just looked like he couldn't keep up with the NBA's size, and speed. We really needed better guard play tonight. Morris tossed the ball to Kobe to bail him out, wasn't confidant enough, and wasn't patient enough,

Honorable mention: Meeks only played 9 minutes, went -15, 0-2 from the field, and only managed to get on the box score by grabbing a rebound. Flat. Out. Garbage. Wish we had CDR back!
Frank Dux

Postby Weezy on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:31 pm

Hero: Kobe, 38 points, 11-20, 11-13 free throws.

Zero: Dwight, 2-4 shooting, 7 points. Pathetic game from Dwight, played like a complete wuss, didn't want to work to get shots, didn't seem to want any part of the game or Cousins or any big they put on him that pushed him around.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion