Hero/Zero

Re: Hero/Zero

Postby LTLakerFan on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:44 am

ZERO ..... the "mensa" at the scorer's table with the trigger finger on the clock..... multiple times in quick succession
LTLakerFan

Postby escobar8 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:53 pm

never had harder time to pick the hero...but i will chose... nash
zero meeks
escobar8

Postby karacha on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:57 pm

Again.. poor M33ks. He's due for a good shooting game though. Maybe tomorrow.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:57 pm

Literally everyone stepped up tonight and played well, except.....

Jobadiah Meeks.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Finwë on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:00 pm

Hero:
Lakers Nation ‏@LakersNation
You could legitimately pick five different guys (Ron, Nash, Jamison, Blake, Dwight) for the Laker player of the game tonight. Great effort.

I'm picking Nash, but every one of those guys played amazing.

EDIT: Tyreke Evans deserves some credit for completely stopping Marcus Thornton's run in the 4th. He started making shots and got them close, but Tyreke said "no more!" :man10:

Zero: Thompson running the fastbreak. LOL.
Last edited by Finwë on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:02 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Literally everyone stepped up tonight and played well, except.....

Jobadiah Meeks.

Yep. 5 players could be the hero -- esp. Blake, Metta, and Jamison. Dwight struggled at the line, but made clutch defensive plays. Nash had a few dumb TOs, but hit clutch shots.

if I had to chose, it would be Blake. His run with Jamison saved the game.

Zero -- Meeks. He is 2 for 17 from 3 point range in recent games. He needs to step up tomorrow and hit 4 3s to help us in Phx.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:12 pm

Hero: Kobe for not playing. No really. I'm being serious. Had he played, he would've dominated the ball and taken 25 shots and made this game a lot closer than it had to be. So refrshing to see this team actually play for each other. This is team basketball.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Finwë on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:13 pm

LOL.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Frank Dux on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:18 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:Hero: Kobe for not playing. No really. I'm being serious. Had he played, he would've dominated the ball and taken 25 shots and made this game a lot closer than it had to be. So refrshing to see this team actually play for each other. This is team basketball.

Oh brother...
Frank Dux

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:18 pm

karacha wrote:Again.. poor M33ks. He's due for a good shooting game though. Maybe tomorrow.

poor meeks :[
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Frank Dux on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:21 pm

Finwë wrote:Hero:
You could legitimately pick five different guys (Ron, Nash, Jamison, Blake, Dwight) for the Laker player of the game tonight. Great effort.

EDIT: Tyreke Evans deserves some credit for completely stopping Marcus Thornton's run in the 4th. He started making shots and got them close, but Tyreke said "no more!" :man10:

:man10: Did you see Evan's god awful 3 attempt? Worst shot mechanically speaking i've seen in recent memory.
Frank Dux

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:23 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:Hero: Kobe for not playing. No really. I'm being serious. Had he played, he would've dominated the ball and taken 25 shots and made this game a lot closer than it had to be. So refrshing to see this team actually play for each other. This is team basketball.

Yea my dude, pop off after we beat the Kings at home. Let your feelings fly. EFFF Kobe, we would have 10 more rings if that POS wasn't playing.

Suck it Kobe.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Finwë on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:26 pm

Frank Dux wrote:
Finwë wrote:Hero:

:man10: Did you see Evan's god awful 3 attempt? Worst shot mechanically speaking i've seen in recent memory.

:man10: That was beyond terrible.
His shooting form all around is awful, but I think I'm gonna go with Perkins on "worst jumpshot technique". He usually takes like one "jump"shot a game, OMG is that hilarious. He has the slowest shot in the league, and it's just SO bad :man10: . He's usually extremely wide open when he takes them, and most of the time he barely gets it to the rim.
Finwë

Postby wallangong on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:30 pm

bad post is bad.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby therealdeal on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Hero: Dwight
Zero: hm... Meeks I guess?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:51 pm

Hero: Twan
Zero: The fans who complained about Kobe not being on the bench and the one who posted Kobe was a hero for not playing. :bang:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:16 am

Hero: Blake Jamison (both really set the tone for the game and hit big shots while staying super efficient...scored a lot too)

Zero: Meeks (guy had a bad game on both ends, missed wide open shots, made defensive mistakes in the 4th, BUT you could tell he was mad at himself and we all love the streaky guy for what he brings when hes making shots)

HM: Metta (quietly had a huge game and was un-metta like with his efficiency...could be one of him most efficient games as a laker. 10/13 where one was just a jack up 3 in the end of the game when it was already over. played strong d too i thought and was aggressive..only 3 3point attempts :jam2: )
Ariza3

Postby odom1year on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:34 am

Hero: Teamwork
Zero: MDA's defensive plans
odom1year

Postby KB24 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:20 am

Thank god Jamison gave me a legit reason to pick him ahead of Blake :jam2: :bow: :jam2: :bow:

zero: Meeks

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:03 pm

H: Dwight- He got 18 official shots (still 5 minutes left down by 16)
Z: EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby escobar8 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:12 pm

blake
meeks
escobar8

Postby SpencerHarrison on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:17 pm

Hero - Blake

Zero - Jamison

Wish it wasn't so, but he was ice cold even with his usually smooth inside shots.
SpencerHarrison

Postby Finwë on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:21 pm

H: Blake
Z: take your pick
Finwë

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:24 pm

Here is my H/Z.... This said it all.

wisest poster ever wrote:Hero: Kobe for not playing. No really. I'm being serious. Had he played, he would've dominated the ball and taken 25 shots and made this game a lot closer than it had to be. So refrshing to see this team actually play for each other. This is team basketball.
puffyusaf#2

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:25 pm

No hero..zero every one
khmrP

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion