Jordan Hill: Back for 2 yr/$18 mil (Team option 2nd year)

Re: J-Hill: Still a Laker

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:13 pm

So was Jordan playing 6+ minutes against Memphis (with Kaman unavailable) because he had some injury or just Dan being Dan?
LTLakerFan

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:13 am

^ Dan being Dan
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:17 am

LTLakerFan wrote:So was Jordan playing 6+ minutes against Memphis (with Kaman unavailable) because he had some injury or just Dan being Dan?

Without Kaman available it was clear that Wes Johnson needed to play against Marc and Zack. With the Lakers being outrebounded by 20+ last game it is clear we needed to stretch the defenders out to the 3 point line. Then there is 1 less rebounder on the floor for Mem. J HIll would clog the paint and thus give more boards. Dan at all time genius level.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Juronimo on Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:16 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:So was Jordan playing 6+ minutes against Memphis (with Kaman unavailable) because he had some injury or just Dan being Dan?

Well some don't call him "damfony" for no reason. I wonder if he's being told by the FO to play nonsensical rotations in order to intentionally lose games or if damfony is really this incompetent. No one can be this incompetent. But then again his coaching ineptitude precedes the Lakers.

Run run run!!!

:bang: :mad1: :man6:
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:49 pm

It's going to suck if he's gone next year.

9/14/4, going all out and sticking up for his teammates. If he doesn't stay here, hopefully he gets to a contender (Not Miami) and flourish in a role MDA would not give him.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Chillbongo on Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:58 pm

Bulls? Assuming Boozer is gone. That would be a good place for him.

F*** that I want him to stay a Laker.
Chillbongo

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:13 pm

^^^ I would love if he went to the Bulls. I could definitely support him if played for them. Love that style of play, he would fit perfectly.

And I also agree that he needs to be a Laker next season and beyond.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:14 pm

I'd like him to stay if possible as well. Hill is a solid player and I like the effort he brings at both the PF and backup Center positions. Just don't know if we can afford him.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:56 am

good job backing nick young up.
Ariza3

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:03 am

Joakim Noah and Jordan Hill : The red bull brothers
wcsoldier81

Postby Center Court on Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:05 am

Jordan is guy who every championship level team needs. Big man with all out hustle, toughness, rebounding, and fight.

Hopefully once MDA is gone, we'll see a very different level of interest for Hill staying here.

I know we want to preserve cap space but given we're not really perusing any free agents this year, I'd love to see us front load the contracts of the guys we want to keep around for the next few years (Hill, Young). Hill, Young, Bazemore, Farmar, Xavier, Sacre, Kelly, Marshall. I think that's an adequate bench.
Center Court

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:31 am

even if we did have the $ dantoni would let him rot on the bench and not utilize this amazing talent. dude hustles for 48 mins and the numbers he puts up are ridiculous. there are not many players who can do what he does and put up those stats in those limited minutes. i love his effort and heart and it sucks dantoni feels he cant use him. i can see him on a bulls team where hed be valued and used for 20 mins and get them far in the playoffs.

id love for him to stay but datoni loves sacre and ryan kelly. rather have hill than sacre honestly. poor kaman doesnt even see daytime. hill has more than earned a spot and playing time on this team.
Ariza3

Postby escobar8 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:34 am

i liked hill running like the bull to help his teamate...plus he and gortart played that one classy...
i would love if he stayed, if the price is right...
escobar8

Postby Armani on Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:29 pm

Hill hasn't really shown that he can be a reliable starter. I'll take him back as the 3rd big man in our rotation under a different coach, though. Restrict him to around 20 MPG.
Armani

Postby LakersN4 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:53 pm

If they're going to fire D'antoni I hope they do it as soon as the season ends so we atleast have a shot at retaining Hill.. He might still get paid more than we can afford before we have our superstars in place, but if he can be kept for around his current salary under a different coach I hope we do it.
LakersN4

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:58 pm

Doc Brown

Postby denimPortugal on Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:03 am

Huge game!! :bow:
denimPortugal

Postby denimPortugal on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:17 pm

28\16 and counting...
denimPortugal

Re: J-Hill: HOF material (Ham on fire!)

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:45 pm

Only team in the league that would want to get rid of Hill. Thanks a lot MDA. :disagree:

Bring him back please. Sign a vet min big to back him up + Sacre and let's go to work and try to get better at other positions.
Doc Brown

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:12 pm

If I'm a frontline player on this team....I'm so annoyed.

The Bucks who are the 3rd worst at scoring points per game (95.3), put up 108 on us.

Their starting guards lit us up (52 points on 31 shots). They went to the line 34 times compared to our 18. Our guards shoot the 3ball, while theirs penetrates the paint. When our guards play zero resistance out on the perimeter, its normally our frontline that appears to get exposed on defense. When the lowly Bucks are putting up 108 on us at a 57% clip, their shots are obviously alot more high percentage than ours.

But that's the brilliance of this offense....and thankfully for us, Hill still has his athleticism to rely on where he can gobble up the offensive boards ( he had 9, which was more than his dboards) off those stupid low percentage shots our guards put up.

This system and how it "develops" players is absolutely laughable. Hopefully guys like Hill come back...but I wouldn't blame him if he starts running for the hills. :man1:
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:29 am

Hill was also beat repeatedly by those same guards. I mean I know he's being put in a tough position, but there was no rim protection last night and some of that falls on Hill, Sacre, Kelly, and Kaman.

That being said, Hill did exactly what I love to see: attack the glass and finish shots at a high percentage. Good game from him.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakersN4 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:23 am

Doc Brown wrote:Only team in the league that would want to get rid of Hill. Thanks a lot MDA. :disagree:

Bring him back please. Sign a vet min big to back him up + Sacre and let's go to work and try to get better at other positions.

Hill is a great player to keep if we magically land Serge Ibaka.. You need a legit rim protector next to Hill, but if that rim protector is a C who can't run the floor (Gortat, Asik) we become too slow on defense with both of them in the lineup.. I'm not saying we should let him walk, but it's not going to be easy as bringing in a vet min. player to backup Hill & Sacre.
LakersN4

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:01 pm

Yea we need a legit rim protector, a SF, a PG, a bench, a coach

You can't have everything.
Doc Brown

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:33 pm

therealdeal wrote:Hill was also beat repeatedly by those same guards. I mean I know he's being put in a tough position, but there was no rim protection last night and some of that falls on Hill, Sacre, Kelly, and Kaman.

That being said, Hill did exactly what I love to see: attack the glass and finish shots at a high percentage. Good game from him.

Nah, same thing happened with Dwight.

It's the system.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby LakersN4 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:52 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Yea we need a legit rim protector, a SF, a PG, a bench, a coach

You can't have everything.

Very true.. Like I said, I'm not advocating for not bringing Hill back.. He's just not an easy piece to build a frontcourt around.. If he was smaller & more mobile with the motor he has like Faried it would be easier to just stick a starting C next to him.. If he could block shots it would be easier to just start him at C & pick up a PF. Of course if we bring in a coach who really values defense & holds players accountable for their shortcomings on that end, not having a legit rim protector isn't as big of a deal.
LakersN4

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion