To HndsmCelt:

To HndsmCelt:

Postby OG on Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:54 pm

To HndsmCelt:

Oh come on, the Queens wanted that game just AS bad as the Lakers wanted it. They had a luginimant chance at #1 seed before that game and could have prevented the Lakers from Crib Court Advantage. Not to mention the mental gains from a big win like that. The Queens are trying to be somthing they are NOT. NBA CHAMPIONS! never have been one, and WONT be one this year. NO other current team in the NBA has the playoff experience these Lakers do so please dont talk about being interested in Playoff games, you have no room to talk if you havnt won anything (referring to the Queens). ALL I have to say to you is that you dont have Kobe and you sure as hell dont have shaq, then its gonna be a cold day in hell before your Queens win a NBA championship.....you can keep your Pacific pu*ssy fuc*kin division Bit*ch award like a little Boy Scout (ha ha) but the Lakers are content with championships.
Quoting Shaq on one of his spontainious freestyles durring practices:

"I stay paid niggaaa, I live laid niggaaa, I've been rappen ever since the third grade niggaaa".
OG

Postby Reddy on Sat Apr 12, 2003 8:12 am

OOOOOOOOOOOO.............SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!
LOL........ :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I AGREE..........THE QUEENS KEEP WSAYING THEY CAN BEAT US IN THE PAST 3 YEARSS AND WHEN THEY LOSE TO US. THEY KEEP ASSURING THEIR FANSS THEY WILL WIN NEXT YEAR.......WELL, ARENT YUO GUYS TIRED OF WAITING AND BEING LIED TO YEAR AFTER YEAR? ANT YOU JUST ACCEPT THE FACT AS LONG AS KOBE AND SHAQ ARE IN LAKER UNIFORM, THE LAKERS ARE STILL TEH CHAMPIONS? CANT YOU JUST ACCEPT TEH FACT ALL THE ONLY TROPHE THE KINGS CAN WIN IS HTE PACIFIC DIVISION CHAMPIONS? THATS ARE THEY ARE CAPABLE OF...........

AND YEAH, IT AINT NO THING IF YA AINT GOT A RING..........
REMEMBER THAT
SO WHEN YOUR QUEENS GET A RING( WHICH WONT HAPPEN ), YOU CAN START TALKING...............
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Danny Ainge on Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:43 am

Come on HndsmCelt, don't be scurred. Defend your Queens dog.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby HndsmCelt on Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:54 pm

If you want to belive that that was the best game the Kings coud bing the go on belive it, I sure as hell can't change you mind, but ahving watched one hell of a lot of games that BOTH teams have played this year I'd say the Kings looked flat and disinterested. Vlade might not as well have been there and only plyers taht even looked like they wanted to play were Bibby and Bobby. Christy spent nearly the entire second half on the bench and Pedja spent a lot of time out a well. Adelman kept all the bench players in much longer than usual and used nearly the entire bench. In games he is taking seriously he uses an 8 or 9 man rotation and only goes over 10 when they are dominating a fourth quarter.

On the other hand the Lackers played Kobe and Shaq nearly the whole game, and from the looks of them they suited up for real. That is one of the best all arround games I have seen Kobie play all year, he actualy passed the batire second half on the bench and Pedja spent a lot of time out a well. Adelman kept all the bench players in much longer than usual and used nearly the entire bench. In games he is taking seriously he uses an 8 or 9 man rotation and only goes over 10 when they are dominating a fourth quarter.

On the other hand the Lackers played Kobe and Shaq nearly the whole game, and from the looks of them they suited up for real. That is one of the best all arround games I have seen Kobie play all year, he actualy passed the ball and had no turnovers, got his teammates involved and made great shots... like I siad in previous posts props to the Lackers their A game is serious finaly.

Will it be enough to best the Kings? first they have to get to the Kings. Thanks to Shaq taking half the season off and the roll over palyers waiting for him to come back before getting to buisness (Yeah I heard you guys the las 200 times "the regular season does not matter") bottom line is that the Lackers are now prety well locked into the numll and had no turnovers, got his teammates involved and made great shots... like I siad in previous posts props to the Lackers their A game is serious finaly.

Will it be enough to best the Kings? first they have to get to the Kings. Thanks to Shaq taking half the season off and the roll over palyers waiting for him to come back before getting to buisness (Yeah I heard you guys the las 200 times "the regular season does not matter") bottom line is that the Lackers are now prety well locked into the number 6 slot and will be looking at Dallas first round, with out HCA through out. So what you folks think that Dallas is a push over and a given series for your boys, right? Well they did not win all those games by being bad. Yes they are weak on D and yes the Lackers CAN beat them, but if Finely is back and they play their A game the Lackers will need their A game to win the series and Shaq will have to run. Win that match up first the come on up to Sac.

Last year a BETTER Lacker team needed OT in a 7 game serber 6 slot and will be looking at Dallas first round, with out HCA through out. So what you folks think that Dallas is a push over and a given series for your boys, right? Well they did not win all those games by being bad. Yes they are weak on D and yes the Lackers CAN beat them, but if Finely is back and they play their A game the Lackers will need their A game to win the series and Shaq will have to run. Win that match up first the come on up to Sac.

Last year a BETTER Lacker team needed OT in a 7 game series to beat Last years Kings. My Kings a better team now than last year and all our palyers are ready and hungery. The Kings beat the Lackers twice this year, and have won a lot more games, despite a palgue of injuries worse than any otehr tem could imagine. Why? It could be beceause the Lackers were just kicking it untill the end of the season, or it could be beceause this Kings team has a 1-12 line up that out classes any team in the NBA. I know you so cal homers all think thatBETTER Lacker team needed OT in a 7 game series to beat Last years Kings. My Kings a better team now than last year and all our palyers are ready and hungery. The Kings beat the Lackers twice this year, and have won a lot more games, despite a palgue of injuries worse than any otehr tem could imagine. Why? It could be beceause the Lackers were just kicking it untill the end of the season, or it could be beceause this Kings team has a 1-12 line up that out classes any team in the NBA. I know you so cal homers all think thatBETTER Lacker team needed OT in a 7 game series to beat Last years Kings. My Kings a better team now than last year and all our palyers are ready and hungery. The Kings beat the Lackers twice this year, and have won a lot more games, despite a palgue of injuries worse than any otehr tem could imagine. Why? It could be beceause the Lackers were just kicking it untill the end of the season, or it could be beceause this Kings team has a 1-12 line up that out classes any team in the NBA. I know you so cal homers all think that Shaq and Kobbie can beat any team in the NBies to beat Last years Kings. My Kings a better team now than last year and all our palyers are ready and hungery. The Kings beat the Lackers twice this year, and have won a lot more games, despite a palgue of injuries worse than any otehr tem could imagine. Why? It could be beceause the Lackers were just kicking it untill the end of the season, or it could be beceause this Kings team has a 1-12 line up that out classes any team in the NBA. I know you so cal homers all think that Shaq and Kobbie can beat any team in the NBA, but having played a lillte ball, I'll tell you the game is a team game, and that an unfocused and injured team took you to the limit last season LEARNED from that mistake. There will be no melt downs, no game 7 and if any King goes down the bad news is that the guy on the bench is almost as good adn twice as hungery AT EVERY POSITION. I would never wish any player ill, but wihout Kobie or Shaq the Lakcers can't win and will not even try, and it will not even seem like Shaq and Kobbie can beat any team in the NBA, but having played a lillte ball, I'll tell you the game is a team game, and that an unfocused and injured team took you to the limit last season LEARNED from that mistake. There will be no melt downs, no game 7 and if any King goes down the bad news is that the guy on the bench is almost as good adn twice as hungery AT EVERY POSITION. I would never wish any player ill, but wihout Kobie or Shaq the Lakcers can't win and will not even try, and it will not even seem like Shaq and Kobbie can beat any team in the NBA, but having played a lillte ball, I'll tell you the game is a team game, and that an unfocused and injured team took you to the limit last season LEARNED from that mistake. There will be no melt downs, no game 7 and if any King goes down the bad news is that the guy on the bench is almost as good adn twice as hungery AT EVERY POSITION. I would never wish any player ill, but wihout Kobie or Shaq the Lakcers can't win and will not even try, and it will not even seem like an excuse for you folks to say "Shaq was A, but having played a lillte ball, I'll tell you the game is a team game, and that an unfocused and injured team took you to the limit last season LEARNED from that mistake. There will be no melt downs, no game 7 and if any King goes down the bad news is that the guy on the bench is almost as good adn twice as hungery AT EVERY POSITION. I would never wish any player ill, but wihout Kobie or Shaq the Lakcers can't win and will not even try, and it will not even seem like an excuse for you folks to say "Shaq was not there, or not 100%" or Kobie was sick or not there... it just seems like a reason.

With those two the Lackers will still not have an answer for Bibby, Pedja, or Webber. DC can and has made Kobie work his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] off for every point, and Vlade is still the best match up for Shaq in the NBA. Kings in 6 IF the Lackers get past Allas. :boxing1:
Last edited by HndsmCelt on Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt
Clublakers Rep: Sac Kings

Postby Danny Ainge on Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:32 pm

How can we be the Lackers? As far as I can see the only thing we lack is that little boyscout who even with a few lucky shots and some illegal screens could still not win his team a championship. And for the record Kobe owns DC's [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. He goes around him anytime he wants son. Look, your bitter dog. And I would be too If I knew from top to bottom I had better players on my squad.

The Lakers may not have the luxury of going deep in their bech for answers, but they have heart. Role players for the Lakers are willing to sacrifice in order to make Shaq & Kobe. Yet teams win championships, not players. And if you were willing to pay attention rather than [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] you'd see that guys like Fish, Foxy, and ofcourse big shot Rob, do their parts in burrying your team.

Oh, don't worry about Dallas, the Lakers own them too. Finley's pressence won't be felt, hes like Nick "The Dick" Van Exel-Shoots too many threes and doesn't play defense. Ofcourse who plays defense on Dallas any how?
Danny Ainge

Postby HndsmCelt on Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:40 pm

Like I said you are going to belive in boys untill they go down and even then you will have an excuse/reason. Fish would be riding pine on 1/2 the teams in the NBA, Faux could not get a job in Denver, and big shot rob played his best game 5 seasons back. Your 2 trick Poney team could not get one win against the Spurs and looked prety sad when the Kings schallaced them in Dec, remember that was a game that BOTH teams wanted. this last game was not necessary and personaly I was just glad taht none of our guys got their nose, chin or hand broken. see you in a few weeks if you can keep up with Allas.
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt

Postby Reddy on Tue Apr 15, 2003 5:35 pm

Just watch and see
wait
webber and the kings will wat thier words once again...........
and then the old "we'll be back be next year" comes up again
and if you think we were a better team last year than now, i dont thnk thats right
shaq is so much quicker than last year, and kobe man, look how much he has carried the team and improved
so theres 2 players that have improved,
and dont get me started on devean george
and his key shots nearly at the end of the game
and now that we own pargo, we own his defense
we own his steals
and therefore, pargo will strip the kinds [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] off............
watch out
we are now hungrier than ever...............
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

well...

Postby crucifido on Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:54 am

I hate to come back and put you back into your little hole Hndsm Celt, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to...

Your first point - "I'd say the Kings looked flat and disinterested. Vlade might not as well have been there and only plyers taht even looked like they wanted to play were Bibby and Bobby. Christy spent nearly the entire second half on the bench and Pedja spent a lot of time out a well. Adelman kept all the bench players in much longer than usual and used nearly the entire bench. In games he is taking seriously he uses an 8 or 9 man rotation and only goes over 10 when they are dominating a fourth quarter."

You're right - they did look flat and disinterested - once the Lakers took the lead away from them and didn't look back. That first quarter, Webber was doing his little "tough guy" mugging, Christie raised his freakin' arm 1,000 times and Bibby was screaming his little muppet head off in celebration every time he'd make a 6 foot jumper over Pargo. The whole team was all fired up thinking they had the game in won - in the first quarter.

If they were so disinterested then why in the 3rd quarter when they still had a chance to close the gap, they began their quintessential whining display? If a game doesn't matter to a team, why would they care who gets what call? (Side note: I wish Webber would just break down and cry and get it out of his system one game. His little sobbing baby face he makes when everyone isn't playing into his hands just irks the living hell out of me - anyway...)

Peja played 3 quarters of the 4 in that game and couldn't pee in the ocean if he was standing in it. Once again, HE CAN ONLY SHOOT. Peja is one of the most overrated player in the entire league. As in my previous post, I counted the amount of times he successfully drove or passed to a teammate for a bucket. The result? 3 drives for 0 points and 1 pass for 1 assist. Oh yeah, and the guy didn't defend anyone at any time. You guys have got to get over this Peja fascination. He is a one faceted player that is easily shut down (e.g. this last Laker/King matchup).

Christie was on the bench because Kobe was making an even bigger [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] out of him then he makes of himself. If the Kings fans are pinning their hopes on Christie shutting down or containing Kobe Bryant you can mark that down as yet another reason they will never beat the Lakers in the playoffs.

Adelman had his bench in for so long because his starters were completely ineffective against the Lakers. He was grasping for sose the gap, they began their quintessential whining display? If a game doesn't matter to a team, why would they care who gets what call? (Side note: I wish Webber would just break down and cry and get it out of his system one game. His little sobbing baby face he makes when everyone isn't playing into his hands just irks the living hell out of me - anyway...)

Peja played 3 quarters of the 4 in that game and couldn't pee in the ocean if he was standing in it. Once again, HE CAN ONLY SHOOT. Peja is one of the most overrated player in the entire league. As in my previous post, I counted the amount of times he successfully drove or passed to a teammate for a bucket. The result? 3 drives for 0 points and 1 pass for 1 assist. Oh yeah, and the guy didn't defend anyone at any time. You guys have got to get over this Peja fascination. He is a one faceted player that is easily shut down (e.g. this last Laker/King matchup).

Christie was on the bench because Kobe was making an even bigger [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] out of him then he makes of himself. If the Kings fans are pinning their hopes on Christie shutting down or containing Kobe Bryant you can mark that down as yet another reason they will never beat the Lakers in the playoffs.

Adelman had his bench in for so long because his starters were completely ineffective against the Lakers. He was grasping for some kind help or band-aid to stop the bleeding. You can never convince me that Adelman doesn't take a Laker game seriously. He wants to beat the Lakers so bad you can read it in his face with every clutch shot the Kings choke on.

Your second point- "Will it be enough to best the Kings? first they have to get to the Kings."

This kills me. All I hear all year are the little petty moanings of the rest of the league about how the Lakers are so arrogant. What in the world makes you think that you can get to the Lakers? We're the champions of the league - the league comes to us to win. Whoever wins this thing will have to play in or through L.A. at some point.

Your third point - "So what you folks think that Dallas is a push over and a given series for your boys, right? Well they did not win all those games by being bad."

You're right they didn't win all those games by playing bad, but they also didn't play the Lakers 82 times and/or 4 to 7 times in the space of 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. This is ridiculous that you believe that just because a team beats Denver all 4 times that they play just as well against the Lakers. You know what we are in their (along with Portland, San Antonio, Excramento's) heads. We own them mentally. So yes, the first round is a push overme kind help or band-aid to stop the bleeding. You can never convince me that Adelman doesn't take a Laker game seriously. He wants to beat the Lakers so bad you can read it in his face with every clutch shot the Kings choke on.

Your second point- "Will it be enough to best the Kings? first they have to get to the Kings."

This kills me. All I hear all year are the little petty moanings of the rest of the league about how the Lakers are so arrogant. What in the world makes you think that you can get to the Lakers? We're the champions of the league - the league comes to us to win. Whoever wins this thing will have to play in or through L.A. at some point.

Your third point - "So what you folks think that Dallas is a push over and a given series for your boys, right? Well they did not win all those games by being bad."

You're right they didn't win all those games by playing bad, but they also didn't play the Lakers 82 times and/or 4 to 7 times in the space of 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. This is ridiculous that you believe that just because a team beats Denver all 4 times that they play just as well against the Lakers. You know what we are in their (along with Portland, San Antonio, Excramento's) heads. We own them mentally. So yes, the first round is a push over for the Lakers. Stats, history, and on court performance has proven this time and time again and it will be no different now. 4 - 1 Lakers win first round.

No, Shaq will not have to run. The playoffs are a slow down game. It's a proven fact, it's just the way energy is budgeted this time of year. Dallas along with your beloved Queens will have to slow down and run the half court to be successful. Something neither team has proven they can do with any lasting success. The Lakers are built to be a playoff team, Suckramento and Dallas are not. Hence, the only real competition the Lakers have this year are the Spurs.

Your fourth (and most absurd) point- "I'll tell you the game is a team game, and that an unfocused and injured team took you to the limit last season LEARNED from that mistake. There will be no melt downs, no game 7 and if any King goes down the bad news is that the guy on the bench is almost as good adn twice as hungery AT EVERY POSITION. I would never wish any player ill, but wihout Kobie or Shaq the Lakcers can't win and will not even try."

So by this statement you're admitting the Queens were unfocused in the most crucial game of their entire careers? It's nice to see that you're coming around to the real world. The fact they can't concentrate on a game that should be the most imp for the Lakers. Stats, history, and on court performance has proven this time and time again and it will be no different now. 4 - 1 Lakers win first round.

No, Shaq will not have to run. The playoffs are a slow down game. It's a proven fact, it's just the way energy is budgeted this time of year. Dallas along with your beloved Queens will have to slow down and run the half court to be successful. Something neither team has proven they can do with any lasting success. The Lakers are built to be a playoff team, Suckramento and Dallas are not. Hence, the only real competition the Lakers have this year are the Spurs.

Your fourth (and most absurd) point- "I'll tell you the game is a team game, and that an unfocused and injured team took you to the limit last season LEARNED from that mistake. There will be no melt downs, no game 7 and if any King goes down the bad news is that the guy on the bench is almost as good adn twice as hungery AT EVERY POSITION. I would never wish any player ill, but wihout Kobie or Shaq the Lakcers can't win and will not even try."

So by this statement you're admitting the Queens were unfocused in the most crucial game of their entire careers? It's nice to see that you're coming around to the real world. The fact they can't concentrate on a game that should be the most important things in their lives at that point proves that they are not willing to do what it takes to win. You're also admitting they melted down during the game, yet another encouraging statement. They did melt down much as in the last meeting here not but a week ago. They are incapable of playing a complete game without playing the refs. Rick Adelman is the culprit here. Portland did the same thing when Adelman coached them in to oblivion in the early 90's.

A team takes on the personality of their coach. Adelman knows x's and o's very well, but he has no idea how to manage egos or emotion during crunch time. This has now oozed onto the roster of the Queens. Watch Adelman next game and use him as a gauge for how the team reacts to situations and the game itself. He's a complainer - he's not an accomplisher. He thinks of what is past and can't let it go in order to concentrate on what is at hand. The Queens are now of the same ilk. Adelman plays the refs more than he plays the game. I can tell you the exact moment the Kings will let a game go - as soon as they open their whiny mouths about a foul called. That's the moment their focus slips off the game and onto their post game excuses.

If your bench is twice as hungry as your starters - this is a BAD THING! Essentially you're admitting that the starters don't really wnat to win as much as the rest of tortant things in their lives at that point proves that they are not willing to do what it takes to win. You're also admitting they melted down during the game, yet another encouraging statement. They did melt down much as in the last meeting here not but a week ago. They are incapable of playing a complete game without playing the refs. Rick Adelman is the culprit here. Portland did the same thing when Adelman coached them in to oblivion in the early 90's.

A team takes on the personality of their coach. Adelman knows x's and o's very well, but he has no idea how to manage egos or emotion during crunch time. This has now oozed onto the roster of the Queens. Watch Adelman next game and use him as a gauge for how the team reacts to situations and the game itself. He's a complainer - he's not an accomplisher. He thinks of what is past and can't let it go in order to concentrate on what is at hand. The Queens are now of the same ilk. Adelman plays the refs more than he plays the game. I can tell you the exact moment the Kings will let a game go - as soon as they open their whiny mouths about a foul called. That's the moment their focus slips off the game and onto their post game excuses.

If your bench is twice as hungry as your starters - this is a BAD THING! Essentially you're admitting that the starters don't really wnat to win as much as the rest of the team does. And right here - I gotta say - you're right. Bibby, Webber, Christie, Vlade and Peja all choke when it comes down to the nitty gritty in the playoffs. Bobby Jackson - never seen him choke away a vital play. So yes, this is correct your starters don't want it and we can list that as reason 500 as to why they will never win a ring.

Unfortunately for you and the rest of the league Shaq and Kobe are here. So your point as to the rest of team not even trying if they weren't here is moot and totally false. Did you watch the bench get the Lakers back in the game at Memphis? That was only one example of the will of the Laker bench. (Fire up your tape of Robert Horry sending your confidence packing in last year's playoffs for another example) Having two hall of fame players on your team tends to raise the level of will, inspiration and play on your team. Shaq and Kobe make the "weak Laker bench" better than most because of their play and leadership. They motivate the team to want to win, to want to give everything they have at all times. But then again, the Excramento fans wouldn't understand the level or basic concept of Hall Of Fame players, considering there are none that currently reside in your hideous cowtown.

Your last (thank God) point - "With those two the Lackers will still not have an answer for Bibbyhe team does. And right here - I gotta say - you're right. Bibby, Webber, Christie, Vlade and Peja all choke when it comes down to the nitty gritty in the playoffs. Bobby Jackson - never seen him choke away a vital play. So yes, this is correct your starters don't want it and we can list that as reason 500 as to why they will never win a ring.

Unfortunately for you and the rest of the league Shaq and Kobe are here. So your point as to the rest of team not even trying if they weren't here is moot and totally false. Did you watch the bench get the Lakers back in the game at Memphis? That was only one example of the will of the Laker bench. (Fire up your tape of Robert Horry sending your confidence packing in last year's playoffs for another example) Having two hall of fame players on your team tends to raise the level of will, inspiration and play on your team. Shaq and Kobe make the "weak Laker bench" better than most because of their play and leadership. They motivate the team to want to win, to want to give everything they have at all times. But then again, the Excramento fans wouldn't understand the level or basic concept of Hall Of Fame players, considering there are none that currently reside in your hideous cowtown.

Your last (thank God) point - [i]"With those two the Lackers will still not have an answer for Bibby, Pedja, or Webber. DC can and has made Kobie work his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] off for every point, and Vlade is still the best match up for Shaq in the NBA. Kings in 6 IF the Lackers get past Allas."

The Lakers have an answer for Bibby, Peja and Webber, it's called a purple and gold uniform in the playoffs. The sheer site of the Laker uniform sends the Queens into a different state of mind. They're back on their heels before the ball is even tipped.

More in particular -
The answer for Bibby? Make him go to his left and make him drive into the big men. He can't go to his left effectively and once he has been fouled in the lane (e.g. the last Laker/King meeting) he fails to make an attempt to come back inside.

The answer for Peja? Make him drive and play him physical. The guy is nothing bu t a chucker. He gets that ball and the thing is out of his hands and on it's way to the basket without even giving passing or driving a second thought. Make him play defense. As in the l;ast game if either of Lakers two small forwards have even the slightest offensive flow, he gets tired quickly - very quickly. And when he gets tired he can't shoot. (0 for 5 from 3 point land last game)

The answer for Webber? Make him play like a power forward, Sure he can hit that jumper from the elbow of the key but he can't play a power forwar, Pedja, or Webber. DC can and has made Kobie work his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] off for every point, and Vlade is still the best match up for Shaq in the NBA. Kings in 6 IF the Lackers get past Allas."[/i]

The Lakers have an answer for Bibby, Peja and Webber, it's called a purple and gold uniform in the playoffs. The sheer site of the Laker uniform sends the Queens into a different state of mind. They're back on their heels before the ball is even tipped.

More in particular -
The answer for Bibby? Make him go to his left and make him drive into the big men. He can't go to his left effectively and once he has been fouled in the lane (e.g. the last Laker/King meeting) he fails to make an attempt to come back inside.

The answer for Peja? Make him drive and play him physical. The guy is nothing bu t a chucker. He gets that ball and the thing is out of his hands and on it's way to the basket without even giving passing or driving a second thought. Make him play defense. As in the l;ast game if either of Lakers two small forwards have even the slightest offensive flow, he gets tired quickly - very quickly. And when he gets tired he can't shoot. (0 for 5 from 3 point land last game)

The answer for Webber? Make him play like a power forward, Sure he can hit that jumper from the elbow of the key but he can't play a power forward game. Mostly because of his lack of toughness and will, but minutely because of his bad ankles. He does not have the inside or rebounding game that a power forward in the playoffs MUST have.

The asnwer for Vlade? Breathe on him wrong or touch him on the shoulder and he goes down quicker than a cheap No Cal hooker. The guy stand with his legs so close together it's no wonder he falls with the slightest bit of contact. Also, make him play physical - he has never been able to play the tough inside game that a center should have in his arsenal. Vlade is the best matchup for Shaq - if you're a Laker fan. Shaq consistently makes a fool out of Vlade year after year.

Anyway - sorry to ramble guys, but these Suckramento fans astound me with their amazingly consistent ignorance.

And by the way Hndsm Celt, if you're going to pump up your team please learn how to spell the players names and use grammar above a 2nd grade level. Oh wait a second, it's a Suckramento fan - there is no education above second grade available up there - my bad.
crucifido

attention webmaster or board guru...

Postby crucifido on Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:56 am

You might want to check the scripting on this site its repeating a lot of stuff in posts lately on its own.

Sorry guys about the repeating paragraphs - didn't do that on purpose.
crucifido

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:27 am

Its all good you still made your point. Don't get all pissed at HndsmCelt he lives in Fresno, so its common sense that he is either a King fan or a Warrior fan. Those folks up there in NoCal have been corrupted by Gray Davis and the constant aroma of cow dung. So don't be suprised if his ideas or thoughts are often askew.
Danny Ainge

Postby Lakers4Ever on Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:30 am

hahahahah this guy is so ridiculous. I just read a statement that said that we as the Lakers will not have an answer for Mike Bibby, Jackson, etc.? C'mon!!! Does Jannero Pargo ring a bell?? We'll see come playoff time because you Queens still havent played against Pargo yet. He was just recently activated towards the end of the season and you havent gotten a taste of your speedy medicine of a guard. HAVE FUN IN THE PLAYOFFS AND GOOD LUCK!! Cuz your definitely gonna need it!!!

GO PURPLE AND GOLD!!!
Lakers4Ever

Postby Slayer Alstarx on Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:41 am

He said the same stuff last year...I think he also may have been one of the ones that predicted the Lakers would't make the playoffs this year (not sure about that one) :disagree:
Vlade has choked in big games since college, Webber, well, I won't bring the TIMEOUT! into it, he's really hungry for the ball this year, just hope he remembers to COUNT how many timeouts he has left.
Slayer Alstarx

Postby Guest on Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:05 am

o gee
dont you queen fans ever get tired of being lied to? year after year, they have done it for 3 years, and this fourth year too, lakers are gonna get them in the WCF, and they will say the same thing........
so uh.........
i think queen fans should have more common sense........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby MIKEDOG on Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:24 pm

There has been way to much defending of our "CHAMPS" on this thread. As long as we have the title that speaks for itself! We are the envy of the league, we are hated because we have what you want. And untill you can prove that your team or anyother team for that matter can take it from us, your just talking [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]! Your team will never be anything but the Lakers [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]'s...but you know what makes my comments different than yours???? WE HAVE PROVEN IT 3X!!! So take your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] somewhere else before you get hurt! :mad1: :disagree: :nono5:
MIKEDOG

Postby clublakers on Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:44 pm

Sorry 'bout the text wrapping in the longer posts. It's ruining an otherwise solid run.

It is an inherent problem with the software... if anyone knows of a fix please e-mail me so I can get it corrected.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby HndsmCelt on Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:08 am

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah! Beat the Wolve and then try to win your FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR against the Spurs: then come talk to me about beating the Kings. Facts: 1. Last years Lackers had a better record and HCA untill the WCA. 2. The Lackers have had HCA for the majority of their play off wins in the past 3 years. 4. Last year the Lackers needed OT in a 7 game searis to EDGE, not beat the Kings. 5. This years Kings are a better team than last years. 6. What you did last year does not mean [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] today, it's a new year. I'll be back if and when you fianaly beat the Spurs.
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt

Postby Lakers4Ever on Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:08 pm

WHAT A JOKE HAHA
:man13: :man13: :man13: :man13:
Lakers4Ever

Postby Reddy on Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:45 pm

Hndnsmelt
A win is a win
whether its a win in regulation or a game in overtime
a win by 100 points or a win by 1 point
a win is a win
the lakers won over the kings
accept it
and i bet anything that lakers and kings are gonna be in wcf.
we'll have tons of fun
but the result will be the same as last year
right now, every single newspaper says that from every american site i have been to, except of course the sacramento bee who is forced to support their home town, for instance, usa today said we'll get 4th ring, and more
See you in the WCF kings......Fun is coming..................BUt yet again, the LAkers will get the ring................it will be the same year after year, until your queens cut that over-hostility and over confidence and over showoff.........
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

O.K., time to go to school StupidCelt....

Postby crucifido on Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:28 pm

1) "Last years Lackers had a better record and HCA untill the WCA."

And the Kings had homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs. So your point is...???

[b]2) "The Lackers have had HCA for the majority of their play off wins in the past 3 years."

They've had homecourt advantage because they've stolen it the last 2 years. The only year they had the best record in the league was the first championship year (1999-2000). Otherwise, every time the Lakers' back has been against the wall they've proven themselves the better team. So your second point is wrong.

3) (Oh wait you can't count, so you went straight to #4...

4) "4. Last year the Lackers needed OT in a 7 game searis to EDGE, not beat the Kings."

"Edge" / "Beat" - it all amounts to one thing - THE QUEENS LOST!! You can hold onto your little dreams of last year, but to quote your own words - "What you did last year does not mean [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] today, it's a new year." It's over let it go - the Queens and their fans are still second best to the Lakers and their fans until proven otherwise.

5) "5. This years Kings are a better team than last years."

Are they? Statistically, the Queens have had a worse season than last year's edition. In what way are they better than last year's team? Oh that's right, no way.

6) "6. What you did last year does not mean [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] today, it's a new year."

As I said before, you're right on this one. What happened last year, or during the regular season (which is now past as well) means nothing. Thus, all your ranting and raving about your lackluster "team" has no bearing on whether or not they can survive the playoffs.

Lastly, I look forward to you coming back after you struggle with Utah in the first round. The Jazz brought you to the brink last year and there's nothing saying they can't do the same or even beat the Queens this year. In fact, I'll go out on a (very thin) limb and say the Jazz will take the Queens out in 7. And if the Queens are still limping after the first round, what makes you think that Dallas is easy pickin's?
crucifido

Postby Reddy on Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:33 pm

you go crucifido!
wow thats so true and great!
although i have gotta say lakers and kings will meet AGAIN in the WCF
and again we will conquer them.........again.......
webbers smirk will disappeah when he looks up at the scoreboard and find out the lakers have won, AGAIN
as much as i would love for the queens to lose in 1st or 2nd round it most likely wont happen
the only 2 teams right now capable of going to the WCF are the lakers and the kings
the lakers are first and queens are second.........
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Thu Apr 17, 2003 7:28 pm

Laker fans don't bother with HndsmCelt.

People that are scared, like C-webb and Van Exel, along with him tend to do their talking without even proving anything. This guy knows that the Lakers are about to put out his Queens out of the playoffs for the fourth straight year (If NO NUT SAC ever reach the WCF)

The first couple of sentences from his thread already set mankind 1000 years back. Does this guy even think he has any aspirations for writing? He better get some higher education first before putting that kind of crap in this forum.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Reddy on Fri Apr 18, 2003 4:20 pm

Well said!
I agree!
People tend to say CRAZY things when they are scared
and yeah
note to queen fans like hndnsmelt and the queens
Dont buy balloons for the parade and dont plan it.
You know why, take last year for an example
Unless you wanna have one for being the Pacific Division Champs
ooooooooooo.......like it sooooo matters
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:51 pm

Why is it that the Sacto fans KEEP forgetting about the three games of food poisoning (2,3 and 4) in which Kobe was at half strength (maybe lower) and in that span the Kings went 2-1? last time I checked, Kobe was only about 1000 times more confident this year during the season, not to mention 15 lbs heavier. And Shaq is healthier and more talented than he has been since the middle of the 2000 season. Devean is MUCH better, we have Rush and Pargo now, Slava has improved, Madsen has EMERGED and Samaki is about the same. Derek Fisher is not as good, but with janerro we should see an improvement at the Point. Kobe is way better this year (especially behind the arc) and kareem rush was in Missouri last season and Brian Shaw was 20 lbs overweight (a problem he fixed in the off-season), so we have improved at the Shooting Guard. Rick Fox has dipped marginally this season, but Devean has improved dramatically late in games.
Snakell Beast

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:52 pm

Once again we have improved at another position for this year's playoffs, this time Small Forward. Mark Madsen, Slava Medvedenko and Robert Horry are our PFs. Robert is the same as he was last year only in slightly better shape. Slava is in slightly better shape as well and his defense has improved over last season. Mark Madsen, if he were taller and a starter for the whole season, could have been a most improved player of the year candidate or at least for our team, so we have definately improved this season at PF. At center, Shaq has most definately improved in shape and health (and especially athleticism) and since we were using Jelani McCoy as our back up center last year, the fact that we are using a man this season that happens to be the only player not to improve or get into better shape for this year's playoffs...Samaki Walker...(a guy that was STARTING for us last year), is irrelevant due to the opposite fact that he is twice as good (at least) as Jelani, so there is another improvement.
Last edited by Snakell Beast on Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snakell Beast

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:53 pm

The point I am making is that the Lakers (if they had had Shaq for the entire season and if Devean, Robert, Samaki, Janerro, Rick, Mark, Slava, Shaw and Rush had been healthier in the first half as well) should have won about 60 games, at least if you consider the TALENT on their team. They had injuries like everyone else, so no excuses will do, but making it to 50 wins after going 11-19 (and with Shaq as banged up as he was) is no fluke, neither was it as amazing or trying as people think. The Lakers are more deep than they have been (when their rookies play with agression) at any other time during their championship dominance, so as long as health is not an issue (or excuse) we shoud have the 4-peat pretty well locked up.

For the record, I predicted we would be 51-31 and the 4th seed. Everyone told me 51 wins would not be sufficient for 4th and I repectfully disagreed. I was off on OUR record (by a missed defensive assignment in Portland) but was right about the 4th seed. I also believed that we would not play a 7 game series this year, and I stick to that. We will win all series in 6 or less games.
Snakell Beast

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion