HoopsHype top 100 FA 2014

Re: HoopsHype top 100 FA 2014

Postby Pig Miller on Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:02 pm

give me some greg monroe. he's more likely than bledsoe, even though both are RFA.

pistons spent a ton of money on smith, will have to pay drummond, so monroe may be the odd man out.
Pig Miller

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:07 pm

Pig Miller wrote:give me some greg monroe. he's more likely than bledsoe, even though both are RFA.

pistons spent a ton of money on smith, will have to pay drummond, so monroe may be the odd man out.

They don't have to pay Drummond until 2016-2017 and by that time they only have Josh Smith and KCP under contract. They only have to pay Drummond 2.6 millin next year and 3.3 million the following year.

They can pay for Monroe if they want to because Drummond's new deal is still a few years away.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Pig Miller on Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:21 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Pig Miller wrote:give me some greg monroe. he's more likely than bledsoe, even though both are RFA.

They don't have to pay Drummond until 2016-2017 and by that time they only have Josh Smith and KCP under contract. They only have to pay Drummond 2.6 millin next year and 3.3 million the following year.

They can pay for Monroe if they want to because Drummond's new deal is still a few years away.

i kind of figured that, but the other thing that comes into play is, why keep monroe if drummond is your guy.

that's not to say the lakers have a shot at him. i don't think we'll end up with anyone on that list besides kobe.

monroe is probably a really good candidate for a sign and trade.
Pig Miller

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion