I hope J. Kidd goes to the Spurs...

I hope J. Kidd goes to the Spurs...

Postby ELF on Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:43 am

Have you heard the latest on the J. Kidd situation. He told management to fired Byron Scott, if they wanted to keep him. That's a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] move! I hope that cat [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] punk goes to the Spurs so the Lakers can punish that trick.
ELF

Postby self made on Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:08 am

a while back i heard a rumor sayin that at the end of scotts contract with the nets he would think about comin to l.a to coach the lakers, though this was before the zen master signed his two year extenion.

why would you want jason kidd to go to the spurs other than totally humiliatin the spurs once their eliminated from thepayoffs next season by the lakers. that would be so sweet. not just for the lakers but for gp, cause everyone jumped on the j kidd bandwagon cause he took the nets to the playoffs and assumed he's the best point guard. and as we all know gp does have an ego and he would love to totally outplay kidd. but on another note i heard that gp and j kidd are very good frends, i mean thats cool and all but business is business or lets say a ring is ring.
personally i cant wait til those two bring it to each other. :boxing1:
self made

Postby Reddy on Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:52 am

i hope he stays with the nets
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:13 pm

If they really give Scott the boot, then he for sure will sign with the nets and Zo will probably join them. Meeting them in the finals will actually be not that bad. It'll definitely be more entertaining and bring in more ratings then this years yawn fest.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ring It Up on Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:35 pm

I dont think Kidd would fit in well with SA. He needs the game to be opened up to be succesful and what do you think will happen to SA when they are asked to run and gun? I can see Jackson and Gino commiting several more turnovers. They already turn in over alot, speeding up the game would lead to more of them. I dont think Jason Kidd joing the spurs is such a bad idea, for the Lakers anyway. Picture this, Duncan in the post kicking it out to to a Jason Kidd spotting up. How happy would you be with this scene? And who on here thinks TD is built to be running up and down the floor all day? NJ has roster full of athletic players who like to run, minus Mutumbo and Collins(who can still run a bit). SA has about 3, Parker, Gino, and Jackson. What team has Jason Kidd ever played for ran a half court offense?
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby thelakeshow on Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:28 pm

i hope he goes to SA becouse i dont think its gonna make them alot better but say he stays then they could get o'neal wich would make them better
thelakeshow

Postby LakersFan2003 on Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:52 pm

thelakeshow wrote:i hope he goes to SA becouse i dont think its gonna make them alot better but say he stays then they could get o'neal wich would make them better

O'Neal is staying in Indiana. If Kidd goes to the Spurs, that will make them contenders. But they will probably go to the West finals and lose to the Lakers (assuming GP and Malone sign).

Jason Kidd to the Spurs would not make more turnovers for Jackson and Manu. In fact, probably less since Jason would be doing MORE of the ball handling. Jason would improve the Spurs but they still need to pick up a big man.
LakersFan2003

Postby Lakerqueen on Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:47 pm

I hope Kidd stays with the Nets, as well. I don't think it will be good for the NBA if Kidd comes out here. The East is already week enough as it is, and if he moves out here that's going to weaken it even more.
Lakerqueen

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:51 pm

if KIDD does end up with the SPURMS and we meet them in the playoffs..
I don't want to see any "cheek kissing" between KIDD n PAYTON just like what MAGIC n ISIAH did in the 80's.... LOL
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Worthy of Lakers on Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:10 pm

Check it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-nets-kidd&prov=ap&type=lgns

http://msn.espn.go.com/nba/news/2003/0711/1579328.html

Kidd is staying with the Nets. Mourning is joining him there. That means two things. The rich doesn't necessarily get richer. Meaning, Dallas is not getting Mourning and the Sperms are not getting Kidd. That's what I like to see. The Lakers are finally getting a break here. I've never seen this happen for the Lakers before. It's usually like last year's offseason. Stupid Keon goes to the Kings as well as Jim Jackson while the Lakers can't sign jack. Or like the years Oakley and Gill totally lied to us when they said they would come. Mitch is the luckiest S.O.B. I know. I thought I was gonna have to murda him. Hahaha!!! The West is gonna be cake. We all know about the East, even if the Nets get Mourning. Hahaha!!! That's a joke in itself. As if Mourning could stop Shaq with his old and failing body. Lakers have and always will be a dynasty.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Worthy of Lakers

Return to Lakers Discussion