Horry and Shaw don't expect to be back

Horry and Shaw don't expect to be back

Postby Seawell on Fri May 16, 2003 12:11 am

I just heard this reported on Sportscenter. They played several post game interviews from the locker room. All our guys sounded determined for next year except for Horry, he seemed really down. He said -"I feel like I let everyone down, I sucked." At the end the lady doing on location reporting from L.A.(can't remember her name) said that Horry and Shaw do not expect to be on the Lakers next year. This sucks because I love Horry and Shaw, but.....it might be necessary for the future. If this is the end, THANK YOU Horry and Shaw!
Last edited by Seawell on Fri May 16, 2003 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seawell

Postby FirstLady on Fri May 16, 2003 12:13 am

I like them as well, but we've got to clean house and get some new blood on the roster so that we can continue to build on our dynasty.
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby GoldenEye on Fri May 16, 2003 12:20 am

Horry has done a lot for the three peat. Thanks you so much Horry.
But now we need to get youger and buid around Kobe ...

SA was too strong this year but LA will win next year ! :jam2:
GoldenEye

gone

Postby Guest on Fri May 16, 2003 12:22 am

Horry.... gone
Shaw.... gone
Samaki (remember him?).... gone

There replacements: Pippen.... Malone..... Pj Brown

Re: gone

Postby GoldenEye on Fri May 16, 2003 12:25 am

kobegotskillz wrote:Horry.... gone
Shaw.... gone
Samaki (remember him?).... gone

There replacements: Pippen.... Malone..... Pj Brown

I'm not keen on Malone, I don't think he is the guy La need. I'll go for PJ or Keon.
A dream will be Jermaine O'neal, two O'neal in the same team will be great :man13:
GoldenEye

Postby shaqass on Fri May 16, 2003 12:25 am

It's so hard to hear that from a proud player like Horry :man3:
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby Seawell on Fri May 16, 2003 12:27 am

shaqass wrote:It's so hard to hear that from a proud player like Horry :man3:

I hope we can work something out with Rob to keep him atleast one more year. It would break my heart to see him go out like this.
Seawell

Postby shaqass on Fri May 16, 2003 12:28 am

PIPPEN, ARENAS, KEON!!!!! DREAM SWEET DREAM!!!!!!!!!!
shaqass

Postby shaqass on Fri May 16, 2003 12:30 am

Seawell wrote:
shaqass wrote:It's so hard to hear that from a proud player like Horry :man3:

I hope we can work something out with Rob to keep him atleast one more year. It would break my heart to see him go out like this.

yes I was thinking the same. I don't want to see him retired and I would hate to see him in another team!
shaqass

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 16, 2003 12:31 am

ON KCAL, Shaw, Madsen and Horry said that they didn't expect to come back :( OMG... I just tuned in to Sportscenter right now, and to mah surprize they're replaying the game!!! WTF!!???

If it's their end with the Lakers, I gotta give it up to what they've done for this team! Madsem shown a lot when he stepped up to be the agressor and got in the mind og KG when he held him to barely n e points in a season game at Staples. Madsen got that battle wound scar on his right arm, and I feel his pain... Thanx for the Spanish lesson at the parades, LOL, and thanx for not knowing how to dance! U put a smile to mah face!!!Shaw has been so dependable for the past years.. He's earned his name, but with age, comes fatigue. Horry has been Mr. Clutch and done a lot in th past year. He hit that 3 to eliminate the Blazers at the Rosegarden for the 3rd straight year, and he also hit that 3 to get us that win in game 4 in the WCF. I love Horry a lot, but he seems weak, and even he said he flat-out sucked, and hasn't felt this low since the passing of his grandmother. But if this is their end, then so be it. The Lakers franchise moves on, and we'll keep them always in the backs of our heads! We gotta learn to accept this and say good-bye to the ones that gave us the 3 peat titles! I love u guys, and I thank you for the wonderful memories!! :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby SoKaL KoBe on Fri May 16, 2003 12:40 am

If we get a PF during the offseason, (And we better or I'm gonna be pissed..) maybe we could use Horry off the bench.. I feel Horry did so poorly this year because he had to play soo many damn minutes. If we were to use Horry strictly as a PF off the bench, I'm sure he could help us next season.
SoKaL KoBe

Postby shaqass on Fri May 16, 2003 12:45 am

SoKaL KoBe wrote:If we get a PF during the offseason, (And we better or I'm gonna be pissed..) maybe we could use Horry off the bench.. I feel Horry did so poorly this year because he had to play soo many damn minutes. If we were to use Horry strictly as a PF off the bench, I'm sure he could help us next season.

That would mean we have to give up on Madsen or Slava :man5:
shaqass

Postby GoldenEye on Fri May 16, 2003 12:54 am

That would mean we have to give up on Madsen or Slava :man5:[/quote]

I think Madsen has to go, he's an energy player but he is too short and limited in offense. We should find a true backup PF.
Dynasty is not over, Lakers dynasty has begun!
GoldenEye

Postby shaqass on Fri May 16, 2003 1:11 am

GoldenEye wrote:That would mean we have to give up on Madsen or Slava :man5:

I think Madsen has to go, he's an energy player but he is too short and limited in offense. We should find a true backup PF.[/quote]

I would say we should find first a STARTER PF!!!
shaqass

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri May 16, 2003 1:16 am

Part of me wants to keep Shaw due to loyalty, experience, and leadership he brings to the team.

Another part tells me we need a proven scorer, who can get his own shot. A Jimmy Jackson would have been nice.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Horry needs to go???

Postby Killer on Fri May 16, 2003 6:58 am

First of all "Shaqass," why do you want Pippen? Please - the guy's done, was never anything without Michael, and is consistently injured. One of the worst things that the league ever did (well, wait, there's many) was to make that stupid 50 greatest player list and put Pippen on it. Good - maybe / greatest - never. Second, I marvel at all you people who are ready to give up Horry. Not everything that a basketball player gives a team is on the scoreboard. And to ask Horry to play 40 minutes against a player like Tim Duncan is asking an awful lot. Horry has been an outstanding player since he came into the league and, with reduced minutes during the season so he can be effective, will once again be effective and contribute more than you shortsighted people can see. He knows the game - it's instinctive, just like Kobe knows the game. He knows where to be and when to be there. Just because all of a sudden he doesn't make a three that you people think would have saved our season is no reason to dump on him. And I hate to break your bubble, but from what I understand he's already talked to Mitch about coming back next year. So I say bring him back, let him retire a Laker because his sacrifice with leaving his family in Houston and his heart exemplify everything that is and has been a Laker.

I said throughout the last half of the year that San Antonio was the only team that scared me. They were playing at a very efficient level and seemed to be determined. At least now I know that Sac (if they get past Dallas) will never get past San Antonio. They don't have the intelligence. San Antonio and New Jersey should make a fairly good finals - although now that the Lakers are out, I will not be watching it.

Have heart Lakers fans. Your dynasty is not over. Your two big men (and I do mean men) will come back to once again lead this team to its championship destiny. I respect these two guys a great deal (yes, two guys - for all you Shaq bashers) and know that they will not settle for second best again. Hang in there. As Arnold once said, "We'll be back!" :jam2:
Killer

: (

Postby Guest on Fri May 16, 2003 10:01 am

all i got to say is that this really really really sucks....this group of guys has been together for really long time.....[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]! i hate to see them go. these are my homeboys. shaw, horry, mad dog, these guys make the lakers who they are. fellas, it was a good run, just started off the season bad. next year.....we reload and start a new streak. rock on in 2004 :jam2:

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri May 16, 2003 2:36 pm

I feel you let Horry decide, as well as Shaw, you listen
to them. They've done alot for this franchise, and you let them do what they want. More than likely Horry will go back to Houston, and some team will pick up Shaw for his veteranship skills. But yea, I feel you listen to them, and do what they want to some extent.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri May 16, 2003 3:20 pm

Horry has to go, and here is why.

He has always said he responds well to pressure beacuse he doesn't care and has been in much tougher circumstances in his life. I feel he has lost that edge of emotional seperation and that is why he had such a terrible cluth post season. He will never be the same again because now it matters to him TOO MUCH and that is exactly the opposite of what has been his guiding mindset through all of the big shots in his career. We love you Rob, but the time has come to say goodbye because this is a slump from which you will not recover.
Snakell Beast

Postby Reddy on Fri May 16, 2003 3:27 pm

have faith now brother.
i love rob
but i am gonna leave it up to him
as kobe says,
we've had so many battles together
it's so hard
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 16, 2003 3:33 pm

It's hard lettin go of the player we've grown to love, u know? But we gotta do what's best for the team!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri May 16, 2003 5:48 pm

He was great, but that shot was like an opening for the team to send him on his way while he still has a small measure of dignity. The last thing we want to do is re-sign him and have him play like he did this year (or worse) again and really look like a bum, we and he do not need that kind of situation...let him leave while he is still considered more for his good moments than his bad. The apex of his career was the WCF game 4 shot, he will never top that so let him ride off into the sunset before it gets ugly. YOu gotta know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em. I hate that song and country music, but that is an excellent line for this situation...
Snakell Beast

Postby LAKERCHICK on Sat May 17, 2003 2:05 pm

WELL I AGREE ROBERT IS NOT THE SAME AS HE WAS BEFORE. BUT HE NEVER GAVE UP I GOTTA GIVE HIM PROPS FOR TRYING. AND GOOD LUCK TO HIM AND B.SHAW. AND WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER WHAT THEY DID FOR THIS TEAM. SO THANX TO BOTH OF THEM. :man6:
LAKERCHICK

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 17, 2003 5:44 pm

No more Shaw :man6: :man6:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Slayer Alstarx on Sat May 17, 2003 8:14 pm

Keep Horry, put him on IR and let him retire with dignity, and a nice paycheck.
Slayer Alstarx

Return to Lakers Discussion