Horry calls Kobe and Shaq ballhogs!

Horry calls Kobe and Shaq ballhogs!

Postby LeXiCoN on Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:24 am

wow...interesting to hear...

"I dealt with two of the most ballhogging people in the world," Horry said, referring to O'Neal and Kobe Bryant. "(Duncan) is not like that. You're not going to read anything in the paper about 'My teammates need to get me the ball,' like another big man we know." Horry remains skeptical about the Lakers' new strategy of collecting Hall of Famers instead of role players. They signed Gary Payton and Karl Malone last week.

:splat: :mad1:

http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,200~20955~1529187,00.html

whats yur guys' comments?
LeXiCoN

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:36 am

... im dissapointed in horry in the first place for goin to the spurs of all damm teams.. now these comments -_- :disagree:
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby SHAQ-34 on Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:43 am

i think Horry wanted to comeback but normally i think lakers didnt want to pick him so thats why he left.
SHAQ-34

Postby Coppertop on Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:47 am

Horry is just being Horry. Sometimes he gets emotional and acts like a girl. Other times, he shoots 36%. In either case, he needs to understand that people only pass to you when you do something good with the ball. Missing 6.4 of 10 times you shoot is NOT what these "ballhogs" are looking for. Best of luck Rob, but wait till it's not that time of the month before you open your mouth again.
Coppertop

Postby SHAQ-34 on Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:48 am

Horry still has 1 more week rather to stay with spurs or resign with Lakers if iwas rob i woulda go for lakers cause i know if spurs was in LA and all the laker fans look at rob shotting a three they wont clap for him they will jus think he is a regular player :(
SHAQ-34

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:50 am

i wanted him to stay.. also but blah y spurs dammit.. y not houston or dallas
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby Coppertop on Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:52 am

Horry: "Cuz they have ballhogs in Dallas and Houston."
Coppertop

Postby SHAQ-34 on Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:52 am

lakersdynasty mayb cause horry san anthino is giving more money then other teams mitch should talk to rob about to resign horry cause there is still time and time is faith
SHAQ-34

Postby echo nation on Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:55 am

why cant we just all agree that Robs time is up... let him go... appreciate the past, dont hang on to it
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby Coppertop on Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:57 am

Apparently Rob can't let it go either. Do you know what bothers me though. If I'm not mistaken, Danny Ferry has TWO FREAKING RINGS! How does that happen?
Coppertop

Postby echo nation on Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:00 am

LOL

Ionno.. but he needs tog o away

i've never really liked him, LOL... fricken CLipper hater
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby pltan on Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:41 am

Sigh......he didn't need to say those things. C'est La Vie.
pltan

Postby Coppertop on Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:47 am

French? Robert is French? Or is he just speaking it? Oh I know, you mean that he is surrendering to us, oh that must be it. Does anyone really know, when was the last time the French won a war? Have they ever actually fought in one? I think the Germans came into Paris as special guests of the Paris Chamber of Commerce, and then the Americans booted them out. I think they call that one World War II. Regardless, he's playin with that little French kid now so the French will have to wait another few centures before they win anything else. Bad call, Rob, bad call.
Coppertop

Postby echo nation on Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:48 am

eh, he ended up in Cleveland...

i realize they were rather good at the time.. but he had to endure Ohio... thats painful enough

(much love to my friends at OSU, Kent St, Miami of OH, etc etc etc)
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:52 am

Oh.. So Horry didn't have enuff balls to say this to their faces? Why u think Kobe and Shaw get the ball most of the time? CUz the team is built around them, and not Horry. Horry was just a role player, and well I guese he didnt respect his role, but when he won the rings he wasnt complaining.... Man, I still love him for what he's done, but for him to say this, is completly idiotic...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby clublakers on Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:12 am

"I dealt with two of the most ballhogging people in the world," Horry said, referring to O'Neal and Kobe Bryant. "(Duncan) is not like that.

Yeah... but... isn't that true?

...of course, it wouldn't be that way if the role players were trusted to hit a shot. Still, Horry's sayin' it like it is, and with no surprise to Kobe nor Shaq, I'm sure.

Horry remains skeptical about the Lakers' new strategy of collecting Hall of Famers instead of role players.

For good reason... it hasn't worked before for other teams, so the challenge is certainly there for us to prove history wrong. I don't question the move... we're playing for today, not the future. In Mitch we trust (?).
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Reddy on Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:41 am

ROB!!!!!!! HOW COULD U SAY SOMETHING LIKE TAHT..... :man5: SHAQ MAY BE A BAD AND UNCONSIDERABLE SPEAKER AND KOBE IS JUST KOBE BUT U CANT SAY TAHT! THIS IS TEH DUO THAT LEAD U TO TEH 4TH 5TH AND 6TH RING IN UR CAREER WITHOUT THEM U WOULD HAVE 3 RINGS........ :mad1: AND JUST SO U KNOW ROB.......EVEN THOUGH DUNCAN DOESNT DEMAND.........U AINT GONNA GET A RING WITH HIM..........AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE UNDEFEATABLE LINEUP
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LARolePlayer on Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:32 am

:disagree:Imagine when the actual season starts or the playoffs.Will we have to listen to Robert talking trash about the Lakers and pretend he's all that on the Spurs just cause he knows triangle??? :bang:
Role Players turn our team from being great to the GREATEST!!!
LARolePlayer

Postby murcielago62 on Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:48 am

Why is he complaining? He doesn't like shooting the ball anyway! :man9:
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby Kobe's Empire on Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:34 am

lol.....THEY WON 3 CHAMPIONSHIPS TOGETHER and he talks like we were a bad team. idiot

he fails to realize that the Lakers didnt have another freakin option. there is a reason why they say its kobe's and shaq's team. ADMIT IT EVERYONE. if they had passed the ball more, horry, fox, fish, or whoever it was wasnt going to make hte shots or plays that they needed. sure horry hit the huge shots.....but it was all possible by kobe and shaq. horry was so damn wide open all the time and he coudlt make [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. 2-38 ROB........that's pathetic. now ur a traitor.

i appreciate what he did for us, now he's turned on us and he will pay.......i wonder how it will taste when shaq dunks it in your damn mouth.

plus, i guess he wants to guard shaq more than he does duncrap. BAD CHOICE [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]
Kobe's Empire

Postby SWOL on Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:23 am

[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]-E :shootc:........YOU LOST THE TITLE FOR US LAST YEAR A-HOLE :mad1: KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT...........KNOW YOUR ROLE AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby echo nation on Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:42 am

murcielago62 wrote:Why is he complaining? He doesn't like shooting the ball anyway! :man9:

he does, he just doesnt make it 64% of the time

dont get me wrong, he had a lot of very timely shots... but he has no right to complain about not shooting enough... maybe if he had made more shot we wouldve given him the ball more
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby ITS JOEY on Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:08 am

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe Horry said this..very very very disappointing to hear!! I thought he was a classy guy..damn!!!

I wouldn't call Shaq and Kobe ballhogs but they do get the majority of the shots mainly because the other guys can't seem to make shots consistently ROBERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS JOEY

Postby SHAQ-34 on Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:43 pm

guys now dont be mean to rob mayb he was jus mad that we, didnt pick him as our 2nd option or 3rd i still like rob but i know he got mad cause we didnt give him a contract :bow:
SHAQ-34

Postby SHAQ-34 on Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:44 pm

dont hate horry like u guys are doing to vlade divac horry is different
SHAQ-34

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion