Horry speaks out about Lakers not picking up his option.

Horry speaks out about Lakers not picking up his option.

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:33 am

"If the person they get, if I have respect for that person, then I know there's a reason behind them not picking up my option," he said. "It depends on if the person they get I think is better than me. I think I would be a little upset if they went out and got somebody and paid them a lot of money. If it's [Gary] Payton, I won't be mad. I'd take Payton, too, because he's a hell of a guard. [Karl] Malone, I won't be upset. But, Juwan [Howard] and P.J. [Brown], I think I'd be a little upset, because we're all about the same speed. Maybe Juwan scores more points, but I still think there's a lot of things I do that they can't do."

Source= http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketbal ... nba-lakers
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:36 am

This article also mentioned the Lakers wanting a to get quicker and more athletic. "something along the lines of Ty Lue, perhaps".

Could it be? Could the Lakers pick up Ty Lue and get that energy back?
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby The Old Schooler on Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:52 am

SBS,

What energy? Ty Lue is the same! The Lakers spent 3 years on this kat just for him to go to Washington to have a few sub-par years. Look, this fool was on IR more times in 3 years....plus he had that jacked-up purple suit on most of the time. We need a guard with some "D!" Lue was cool against Iverson that year, but he was holding him by the arms most of the time. I'm sorry, but I don't have any love for Lue. He was a pick that was a waste of time and money. Let's move on!!!!!
CONNECTED IN THE GAME SINCE 1980
The Old Schooler

Postby MIKEDOG on Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:28 am

Forget Ty Lue his time here is over. he had a chance to stay here and play some productive minutes off the bnch but chased the almighty dolla. lets quit looking back and start looking ahead and bring in a good solid PG who can score and defend.
MIKEDOG

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:48 am

but chased the almighty dolla.

Mike, comeon man, what player out there doesn't go for the M.O.N.E.Y.? So the Wizards offered Lue more money, more playing time and a chance to play with one of the greatest player's to ever play the game(MJ).

I still have alot of love for Lue. I'll agree the Lakers could probably pick up better PG but I still like Lue.
[/quote]
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby The Old Schooler on Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:55 am

SBS,

I can't hate you love for a scub, but like Mike said, "It's time for us to look forward!"
CONNECTED IN THE GAME SINCE 1980
The Old Schooler

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:29 am

Old Schooler,

Aight, True that we need to look forward. I just think that maybe Lue could help us out in the future. Whatever's best for the team though. If Lue aint the best then we should go for ssomething else.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby FirstLady on Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:09 pm

SBSG, that's the part of the article that stood out most to me, too. I posted in another thread before seeing this one, though. Sorry!Image
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby Lakers4Ever on Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:07 pm

I'm sorry to say, but Horry has no right to be comparing him to Juwan Howard or PJ Brown. Bottomline, they have a better post up game then Horry does. Yes, Horry may have a good perimeter game as compared to Howard/Brown, but lets face it, he's all washed up. I'm just tired of seeing a PF sleeping during the regular season, and expecting to show up during the playoffs. That just isn't a good site to see anymore. We need consistency. Big ups to Horry, but that is just my opinion.
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Tue Jul 01, 2003 3:21 pm

FirstLady wrote:SBSG, that's the part of the article that stood out most to me, too. I posted in another thread before seeing this one, though. Sorry!Image

It's all good. Great minds think alike. :jam2:
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby kingjsun on Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:53 am

There are better guards out there compared to Lue. Take Eric Strickland, who hasn't found a comfortable home yet, not after money, and if asked to, can put the clamps down! As far as Horry goes, him playing the 4 spot is bad for him. He needs to stick to the 3 spot, or the 4 spot when the lakers go small and run and gun. I don't know, if you ask me, Lakers will still sign him, just for less money. This way they have more to go after GP.
Buckle up! This off season is going to be some ride...
kingjsun

Return to Lakers Discussion