Horry willing to take paycut next season

h

Postby LakerPride1 on Wed May 14, 2003 5:12 pm

oops that was me...
LakerPride1

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri May 16, 2003 10:32 pm

"The 8 mill or so that SB found would be good for nothing."

You misunderstood me LP...We are already going to be over the luxury tax, so we are merely redirecting the 8 mil that was already over and sending it to more quality players. I was under no impression that we would be 8 mil IN THE CLEAR of the LT. I'm not brain dead. And as far as restructuring D-Fish, I will post a qoute from the current NBA CBA to show how we could pay him less yearly legally. If Derek wanted to keep his money, that is just fine, we just go 2 mil a year MORE over the LT, but if he is game, then that is redirected surplus (over the LT) for another player.
Snakell Beast

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri May 16, 2003 11:04 pm

(n) By agreeing upon provisions for the purpose of terminating an already-existing Uniform Player Contract prior to the expiration of its stated term, stating as follows: (i) that the Team will request waivers on the player in accordance with paragraph 16 of the Contract immediately following the Commissioner’s approval of such amendment; and (ii) should the player clear waivers and his Contract thereupon be terminated, that the amount of any Cash Compensation protection or insurance contained in the Contract will immediately be reduced or eliminated. In addition to the foregoing, the parties may also agree that (x) as a result of the termination of the Contract, the payment schedule for any Compensation remaining to be paid will be accelerated over a shorter period or stretched over a longer period (subject, however, to Section 11(f) below), and/or (y) that the Team’s right of set-off under Article XXVII of this Agreement will be modified or eliminated.
Snakell Beast

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri May 16, 2003 11:31 pm

Here is Section 11 (f):
Commencing with the 2001-02 Salary Cap Year, and notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, every Uniform Player Contract entered into after the date of this Agreement must provide (and every Uniform Player Contract entered into before the date of this Agreement shall be deemed to provide) that for each Season of such Contract, the player will be paid at least thirty (30) percent of his Salary for such Season in Current Cash Compensation and that such portion of Current Cash Compensation will be paid in accordance with the payment schedule provided in paragraph 3 of the Contract.
Snakell Beast

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri May 16, 2003 11:38 pm

That essentially means that if we want to terminate Derek’s contract before it is set to end, we can choose to reduce the payment to Derek (in Lou of eliminating it since that would be downright rude) and have the choice to pay the money we owe over a shorter or longer period. So, in accordance with the adjoining section [cited above] we would need to pay him a minimum 30% over the first 3 years of the shorter or longer period of the terminated contract because he still has 3 years left on the contract. To accomplish my desired yearly reduction, we terminate the contract, and when Derek clears waivers, we agree to pay 6 of his remaining 9 million (at the mandatory 30% which is 1 mil a year for the 3 years) dollars over an extended 6 years instead of the original three, then, after the details have been finalized, we sign him to a different deal for the minimum (and re-sign to minimum one year deals every season thus allowing him and us some freedom to explore other options) and we come out roughly 1.5 mil a year (in over-the-tax funds) to re-allocate to another player. I believe that is legal, but if it is not then we simply have to pay 2 million a year more than I want to improve our team. That might be necessary. We could also try the same thing with Rick Fox if it is legal...
Snakell Beast

Postby k8fanatic on Sat May 17, 2003 10:57 pm

guys, i think we should give rob another shot... he's just been in a lil slump, but hey, he'll be fine.. he's been strugglin, yea, but eveyrone has their down time. look, the man knows he could do better. he wants to be a laker, willing to kut his own salary. give him a shot. der's no harm, he still has couple of years in him, so why not give him a chance. i think its unfair to trade him just because of his slump in the playoffs, yes its important, but he's human afterall.
k8fanatic

Postby SoKaL KoBe on Sun May 18, 2003 12:17 am

I want him back as well. Just make sure his role is coming off the bench and not have to start soo many games like he did this season. He'll be much more effective for the Lakers that way.
SoKaL KoBe

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun May 18, 2003 1:27 pm

We need to sign two good PFs (Theo Ratliff and Juwan Howard are my coveted guys) and a backup center (Alonzo is my coveted there) so Shaq can rest up and play about 30 minutes a game (giving Alonzo [or slava as the backup c if we can't get three front courters] 18 minutes a night) and we can use Slava as a third stringer (in place of Samaki's old role) if we get a better back up center and then we can have the freedom to keep Horry and use him as the end of bench guy that comes in in the playoffs, so he has no more pressure and thus he will play better. I too want to keep Horry, just at the vet minimum and NOT EVER for 5.3 or 4.5...
Snakell Beast

I HAVE TWO WORDS FOR ALL OF YOU

Postby Sneak on Thu May 22, 2003 9:19 pm

RASHEEEEEEEEED WALLACE :splat: [/b]
Sneak

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 22, 2003 9:21 pm

Now that's another thought!! hmmm :man9:
LakersGyrl2003

Re: I HAVE TWO WORDS FOR ALL OF YOU

Postby Guest on Thu May 22, 2003 9:22 pm

Sneak wrote:RASHEEEEEEEEED WALLACE :splat: [/b]

THE LAKERS ARE ABOUT TO MAKE MAJOR MOVES TO BUILD AROUND KOBE AND SHAQ

YOU FORGOT ABOUT

Postby SNEAK on Thu May 22, 2003 9:39 pm

RASHEED WALLACE OR LATRELL SPREWELL? ITS POSSIBLE! :man1:
SNEAK

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 22, 2003 9:44 pm

Hey sneak...u should consider registering...k?? Yea it's possible, but u gotta look at it more than just players.... Snakell knows about all that salary stuff...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri May 23, 2003 7:24 pm

After the way Rasheed disappeared in the playoffs against the Mavs, who WANTS him?
Snakell Beast

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion