Hot off the radio...

Hot off the radio...

Postby crucifido on Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:44 am

690 AM reported a probable deal between the Wiz and the Lakers. A deal that would involve Tyronn Lue coming back to the Lakers. Possibly a sign and trade for Medvedenko and Pargo. The salaries match perfect and it clears a bit more room for free agency under the cap.

Would you do it? I'd give it a resounding YES!
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:28 am

thats an awful trade!!!!!!!!! your going to trade SLAVA and PARGO for who?.... LUE?!!!!!.... WTF This would be a bad move for the LAKERS...
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby MIKEDOG on Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:32 am

I agree that is awfull, we spend the last few years bringing Slava around and gonna just give that up for LUE??? And make it even worse and throw in Pargo...I say [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] no!!!
MIKEDOG

Postby Lakers4Ever on Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:47 am

WTF??? Your going to trade two players that are progressing in every game that they play??? Slava is a HOT shooter, add defense, and he can be a 3rd option. PARGO is a PG that reminds me of either Bobby Jackson, Tony Parker, or even Tyronn Lue. And will get better when given the option. Why trade a player for a player w/ the same capabilities?? That's a JOKE!
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby zetaw00d on Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:49 am

That would be a stupid trade. If it happens they should get rid of Mitch!!!
zetaw00d

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:50 am

Guys, think about it though. Laker management wouldn't be considering this if it wasn't good for the team. Besides, Shaq, Kobe and Phil all have some say in who they get. If we end up trading for Lue it's because Everyone thought about it and decided it would be a good move for the team.

Lue has imprved alot since his days with L.A. If you never saw him with the Wizards then you're in for a pleasant surprise in my opinion. He's picked up his D and has the same high energy he had with L.A.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby MIKEDOG on Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:57 am

We do not need another subpar PG, we already have D-fish. We need to improve at that position not stay the same. This position is going to be crucial for the Lakers future success, and Lue is not an upgrade at that spot!!
MIKEDOG

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:58 am

If the Lakers trade for Lue then that must mean that they can't get any other PG that's a free agent. Slava has a good J, and Pargo is an up and comin player. Both haven't even really been consistant, but have shown signs in the past that they are progressing. Slava shown his spark in the SA series, and Pargo never gives up on a play, like when he gave a flagarent foul. But for now, it's just all talk, and I wouldn't trade for Lue.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:06 pm

I agree to do a trade with Slava and Pargo for just Lue is not a good trade. We'll see what happens though. Like LakerGryl said, it's all just talk until the contratcs are signed.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:18 pm

Pargo has more shooting talent than Lue and his defense can be just as good, so we're going to throw away a PF that can shoot from the perimeter and (if he bulks up) can be a solid body to put on PFs in the West, for the same type of guard with less skills than one we have as a back up now? I don't think so. Fisher averaged 11 ppg in less minutes than Lue averaged 9.?...so D-Fish would still be our starter and now we would have only two PFs, both rookies that "won't help us"...what the hell do we do then? Plus we have one more roster spot to fill as well...dumb [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] trade, unless it involves Lue and Kwame for Slava and Pargo...that would be an even trade and one I would jump @...
Last edited by Snakell Beast on Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snakell Beast

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:18 pm

I'm wondering if they are going to add Kuame Brown to that deal... hmm
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby MIKEDOG on Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:20 pm

Isnt that we are here on this board??? To discuss our thought on possible trades, signings etc.??? Of course it is just talk...insnt that the reason for the trade rumors forum??? If not than take it out completly, and we can disscuss trades after they happen in the smack section. :man7:
MIKEDOG

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:25 pm

Kwame Brown would be a nice replacement for Slava because while Slava is 10 times the shooter, Kwame is 10 times better at rebounding, shot blocking, defense and athleticism...That trade works with Kwame and I think that is the real deal, Phil isn't stupid. He may not like Slava's slow development, but he isn't going to toss him in just to get a guard that we might dump in the next year or so...
Last edited by Snakell Beast on Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:26 pm

Yea, this is all just speculation. Just rumors, and the thoughts behind them. We here are discussing the "what ifs" and all that, and what players bring to the table, why a trade is a good idea, and why it isn't a good deal... This is what we're doin... so i dont see where the problem lies... what do u mean?
LakersGyrl2003

Postby MIKEDOG on Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:28 pm

If Brown is part of the deal than hell yeah!! We would be improving our bench with Lue in place of Pargo and even though I think Slava can produce in the NBA I do not think he can be used productivly on this team. Brown would fill the gap for a big banger in the paint.
MIKEDOG

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:33 pm

Plus we could watch Slava develop with some real PT. He might even start for them. Then he becomes an unrestricted Free Agent next season, so if he makes some leaps and bounds with the Wiz, we might be able to lure im back for the MLE next year...
Snakell Beast

Postby MIKEDOG on Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:36 pm

I hear ya, I hope he does go somewhere he can get some PT because I know he has the offensive skills to contribute more than just scrub minutes.
MIKEDOG

Postby BDG on Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:41 pm

I would only take that trade if Kwame is part of it... otherwise, it's a terrible trade... unless they throw in a first round pick, which I doubt.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby clublakers on Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:19 pm

I can't imagine Phil Jackson wanting to re-add an undersized Lue to the roster. Short guards just don't get run in the triangle.

As long as Payton is a free agent I don't think they would trade two players in the last year of cheap contracts for a guard that could be riding the pine as the 3rd PG option.

Those final-year contract players are more valuable to our checkbook's future than their value on the court.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:10 pm

Kwame Brown would NOT be the part of this deal if it was made. The Wizards are not stupid, Kwame has sooooooo much potential and he just hasn't had the chance to showcase his talents with Jordan around. And anyways, Seattle offered MUCH more to get Kwame and the Wiz didn't accept, so why do you think that if the Lakers offered Slava and Pargo then the Wizards would add Kwame Brown? That's crazy. If the Wizards were stupid(believe me they would have to be pretty [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] stupid) to add Kwame to the deal then the Lakers should just snatch it up, it would probably be one of the best trades in Laker history. And the one of the biggest steals in NBA histroy. But this will never happen, Ernie Grunfield isn't retarted.

:

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:09 pm

I agree, the only way I would go along with this trade is if they added Kwame to the deal, which is possible, since they were so eager to get rid of him on draft day. They want to trade him, and the only reason they have yet to do so is because e. jordan wants to keep him. I doubt he will have as much say now that new management is in place. If we could pull this trade off it would be great. Kwame could help Shaq out with the boards and with help he could develop easier than he could in washington.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:27 pm

I think you misunderstood my post JSM, Kwame Brown will NOT be part this deal. They were not eager to trade him on draft day, they recieved some great offers from other teams but didn't bite. Seattle was offering their picks and Brent Berry I think. Now do you think the Wizards would trade Kwame and Ty Lue for Slava and Pargo when they could have had Brent Berry and the 12th and 14th picks in the draft just for Kwame.

Postby Dejaman on Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:16 pm

Thats a terrible trade. What does Lue do that Pargo can't. Pargo has much more upside than Lue, ie.... he's younger and has more to prove than Lue(plus what the f#$# has Lue done in the last three years?)

Lakers Up
Hoes Down
Dejaman

Postby SWOL on Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:32 pm

NAME GP GS MIN PTS OFF DEF TOT AST STL BLK TO A/TO PF TECH
T. Lue 75 24 26.5 8.6 0.3 1.7 2.0 3.5 0.63 0.01 1.0 3.42 2.0 0

per 48 min

Lue 75 24 26.5 15.6 0.5 3.1 3.6 6.4 1.14 0.02 1.9 3.42 3.6 0.1
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Return to Lakers Discussion