How long do we put up with Shaq [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 18, 2003 8:51 pm

Guest 2 aka #1 Bulls fan wrote:
LakersGyrl2003 wrote:Heck yea! And aim correctly this time!! It's one thing to have the ammo, but they're gonna be on point, REDDY!! YEa boi, I cant wait for preseason to start!! Dayam if only they had a Lakers female club!! Dayam only if it was available to girls... DAYAM! I wanted to go soooo bad! I'm willin to pay that kinda money to get instructed by tha Lakers! HELL YEA! But hey, I'll get the 2nd best thing, and finally go to a game next season!! YEA YEA

Its funny because Basketball was actually a girls game to begin with when it was first invented/thought up of..whatever. Just food for thought.

WTF? :bang: :man7:

Say whatchu say....
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Guest on Mon May 19, 2003 12:36 pm

I wouldn't trade SHAQ. He is still dominant even with one good knee. However, If there was even a slim thought of trading him. I would acquire Kevin Garnett. Garnett with Kobe would be nice, second only to Kobe and Shaq. :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

Kobe out real MVP :bow:

Postby MIKEDOG on Mon May 19, 2003 12:43 pm

Garnett/Duncan would be the only players in the league I would even consider trading Shaq for. Both of those players would fit well with Kobe and be a solid base for years to come. I dont know what that would do to the salary cap but it gets us younger while maintaining a dominant low post presense.
MIKEDOG

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon May 19, 2003 2:18 pm

Garnett is a free agent. maybe we should dump Shaq now and let him go elsewhere, and use the 24 mil a year to pay KG...
Snakell Beast

Postby Guest on Mon May 19, 2003 2:23 pm

WHAT HTE [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] YOU THINK YOU SAYIN
HTIS IS BAD
I MEAN TRADE 3 TIME FINALS MVP SHAQ?
TRADE TEH MDE?
YOURE [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] CRAZY

Postby Guest on Mon May 19, 2003 2:32 pm

I dont think that is such a bad idea. It might take us out of a championship run for next year as he learns the offense, but It might prove better for the team in the long run.

Postby MIKEDOG on Mon May 19, 2003 2:33 pm

Damn!!! I did it again...that was me !
MIKEDOG

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Mon May 19, 2003 2:37 pm

Wow, I can't believe that I'm actually seeing Lakers fans saying they want to see this team without Shaq. Shaq is our franchise player! Shaq and Kobe together and healthy are unstoppable. You take one or the other away and we just can't win championships. OK Shaq refused to speak to the media. Do you blame him? The Media (and Phil Jackson) have pretty much stated that the Lakers lost this season solely due to Shaq and nobody else but Shaq. The media has critisized Shaq this whole season and now they expect him to play nice and sit through an interview when we all know what questions they're going to ask? What would you do? I don't think that Shaq is intentionally showing any disrespect but he simply refused to be subjected to anymore finger pointing by the media. I'm standing by Shaq's descision not to interview. A lot of things happened in Shaq's life this year. He got Married, He had a new born baby and he lost his Grandfather. This season was an emotional rollercoaster for him. I have nothing but Love for the big guy and expect him to come back next year in shape and ready to start another championship run.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon May 19, 2003 3:00 pm

"Shaq and Kobe together and healthy are unstoppable."

Like this year in the playoffs? We simply can not win anymore because we simply can not get the complementary players that we will require around Shaq and Kobe so that they aren't surrounded and we don't look like a two man team. Who can we honestly say we are definately going to be able to sign next year that can come in and actually make a big enough difference so we can actually maybe move on to at least the WCF level again? All of the big name players that are floating our team's name (GP, Malone, Howard, PJ, GA) are all looking for one thing and one thing only, MORE MONEY FROM A TEAM PREVENTING US FROM SIGNING THEM. We are the ULTIMATE bargaining chip for even MEDIOCRE players wanting more than they are worth. We wil wind up with the same team as last year minues Shaw, Walker and Murray, whom we wil replace with two draftees that won't make a bit of an impact and a free agent that isn't worth a minimum contract anymore and had to SETTLE for sitting on the bench in LA for the rest of his career!
Snakell Beast

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Mon May 19, 2003 3:19 pm

I hope your wrong man. I agree we need a deeper bench but I wouldn't count the Lakers out just yet. Malone and Payton don't need the money. What it comes down to is whether or not these players want a ring? As far as being healthy is concerned, I wouldn't say that Shaq and Kobe were completely healthy during the playoffs. Shaq looked like he was in a bit of discomfort either from that toe or from that knee and Kobe's Shoulder was hurting him quite a bit. We didn't hear them complain about it because that's not in their character. I'm not going to use that as an excuse though. Our bench just didn't get it done. The role players didn't step up. We need to make some trades. That's evident but to say we need to get rid of Shaq is just foolish (IMHO). Hell, If we can pick up just Payton and Malone we would be hard to beat next season. I understand that some people say that we need some young blood on the team but look at the Clippers. They had some very good talented "young" players in Darius Miles, Corey Maggette and Lamar Odem but where did that get them? "Young blood" is all well and good but lets not discount the what a veteran player with expierence brings to a team.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon May 19, 2003 3:31 pm

We simply can't afford good players like Malone and GP. They don't need 14 mil a year, but are they willing to take 2 mil a year? I don't think so...A ring isn't worth THAT Much of a pay decrease...
Snakell Beast

Postby Reddy on Mon May 19, 2003 11:24 pm

SterlingBlueSatinGlow wrote:Wow, I can't believe that I'm actually seeing Lakers fans saying they want to see this team without Shaq. Shaq is our franchise player! Shaq and Kobe together and healthy are unstoppable. You take one or the other away and we just can't win championships. OK Shaq refused to speak to the media. Do you blame him? The Media (and Phil Jackson) have pretty much stated that the Lakers lost this season solely due to Shaq and nobody else but Shaq. The media has critisized Shaq this whole season and now they expect him to play nice and sit through an interview when we all know what questions they're going to ask? What would you do? I don't think that Shaq is intentionally showing any disrespect but he simply refused to be subjected to anymore finger pointing by the media. I'm standing by Shaq's descision not to interview. A lot of things happened in Shaq's life this year. He got Married, He had a new born baby and he lost his Grandfather. This season was an emotional rollercoaster for him. I have nothing but Love for the big guy and expect him to come back next year in shape and ready to start another championship run.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bow: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bow: it is exactly what i think!
guys

teh rings form round shaq
its a fact
this is the MDE and 3 time finals mvp
so guys please stop this! PLEASE!
he had a bad season but he willbe ready in october.
he will be
and lakers will reign again.
i know mos tof you are pissed at shaq for not showin up at theinterviews and the farewell but as i posted in another thread.......
it has no relaiton to his game

its just shaqs pesonality.............SO PLEASE STOP IT GUYS!
I AM BEGGIN YOU!
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon May 19, 2003 11:54 pm

Yes...it's starts with Shaq and ends with Kobe...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue May 20, 2003 12:13 am

I am also a SHAQ fan..... but how do you know for sure he'll be in shape comes training camp? He's been heavy every year training camps start. He preeches the same words every year after the season: that he will be in shape when Training camp starts. Whats in shape? 350-370 pounds? In shape for SUMO WRESTLING or what? He needs to get back to 290 lbs.
That is his ideal playing weight and less nagging injuries will result of it.
Not to mention he'd be doing circles around DUNCRAP if he gets back at his ideal weight. I still didn't buy the reason why he put off so long to have surgery on that toe. He said he was waiting for other doctors opinions ,but come on!! Having surgery when the summer was almost over?
I hope he swallows his pride and acknowledge that he needs to find that love for the game again. ( wait a minute that might add a pound or two.... heheheh)

Shaq and Kobe will always be the DYNAMIC DUO

KOBE our REAL MVP
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Guest on Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:37 pm

I used to be a Shaq guy, but he is 31 years old now, and he HAS to learn how to get into shape by himself (a pro athlete needs a trainer? run a few miles, hit the weights and shoot 500 free throws!) AND he has to be more of a leader.

I was upset when he didn't take the time to attend Chick Hearn's funeral last summer (Kobe, Fox, Madsen, Fish and others were there). Chick made basketball what it is in Los Angeles, and provided the link to all the previous Laker teams. As a co-captain, Shaq needs to step up.

He went on to fritter away his summer eating and putting off surgery until mid-September. Factor in whining about not getting the ball, not playing the pick and roll, and missing the exit interview, and you have the ingredients of a very childish year...

By the way, this hiring a trainer story sounds fishy to me....the early reports were that he hired McGrady's trainer and was starting right away. Two weeks later, we read that he hired a guy from Portland and was moving him to Orlando. Did he get mad at the first trainer when he suggested Shag do some running, or that 20% body fat was not going to get it done???

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:53 pm

I don't think so...A ring isn't worth THAT Much of a pay decrease...

See I disagree Snakell, if, this is Malone's last year, then he will want a ring. Gary Payton of course will have problems with the pay cut, but come finals, and when he knows he made the wrong desicion choosing a team to sign with, and see's next year's champion being crowned, he'll really kick himself in the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]... But who knows, maybe he will be smart and head to L.A. I guess were going to find out pretty soon...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

You guys and gals are higher than a kite!

Postby Trumptman on Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:49 am

Shaq is the one difference and the only, absolutely unstoppable force in the league. You guys are talking crap because what... he only put up 20 and 10 this year in the playoffs with 5 guys hacking him to death?

Shaq is doing what most guys do which is enjoy their youthful bodies and start getting more hard core about training when they get older. I suppose Jordan is a slack-off because Detroit only had to beat his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] around for two years before he decided to hit the weights.

Big men have different expectations and they are almost impossible to meet. Shaq has to play hurt, make up for the fact the Lakers don't have a true backup center nor do they even have what I would call real forwards, and I'm not just talking power, I'm talking small.

Kobe has had to do the same thing. I can love and respect D-fish, but every team with a decently quick point guard suddenly looks like a damn all-star against his defence. Troy who? Oh Hudson lighting us up for 30 a game. Even Bibby should pay Fish for making him look so good for that nice big contract.

2 greats are not going to beat a good 5 men with a decent bench. Lakers have got to get some help.

Trumptman
Trumptman

Postby Slayer Alstarx on Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:53 pm

Welcome Trumptman. I' a trombonist myself. Good post, why not register? You don't get spammed, as you post, you get credit, and then privledges like being able to post pics, etc...
I agree with your post, and in response to some of the other posters,

Shaq didn't attend Chick's funeral because he was sick in the hospital. He said as much, but nobody seems to remember. That is also one of the reasons it took so long for him to get surgery.
Also he wasn't able to work out the past 3 off seasons due to injury/surgeries.
Remember the abdomen?

And then when he took a couple of games off when his knee was hurt along with his other ankle, there was no mercy, only suspicion that he was slacking. Then in the playoffs when he seemed to stop hustling, it was right after Bowen rolled on his knee. When asked about injuries his response was something to the effect of "It doesn't matter, y'all don't care anyway.
Lose the big man, and WHO in the league can match against him, and even worse, WHO can the Lakers trade him for? A healthy Shaq will own Duncan, and Duncan's his closest competition.
Slayer Alstarx

Postby Sallian on Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:02 pm

Shaq just didn't seem like himself through the whole season after he came back from surgery. I don't know .... maybe he needs to release another hit single to get himself hyped up again? I can picture him getting all excited and [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] when they bump that song in the Staples Center.

:man1:
#34 - [Sallian] - #8
-[LAKERSfan4LIFE]-
Sallian

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion