How long do we put up with Shaq [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]

How long do we put up with Shaq [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]

Postby ELF on Sat May 17, 2003 5:08 pm

I don't know if y'all heard, but Shaq skip the teams exit interviews today. He was the only one. Phil, called it disrepectful and unacceptable.

How long do we let Shaq off the hook for his antics? He's signed for 3 more years, but wants another ext. I say hell no! Shaq isn't bigger than the team. And, fellow Lakers soon this organization will have to make several important decisions.

1) Kobe, they must make it understood that this is Kobe's team and he's the future.
2) Do we offer a ext. to Shaq that would keep him a Laker until 2009? If i'm correct Shaq would be 37. I don't know if pay him 40 mil (that's what he wants 3 yrs/120m) a year is worth it. I say make him play out his current contract. And if and only if he re-dedicates himself to basketball and the Lakers; then they should consider giving him an ext in 2 yrs.
ELF

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 17, 2003 5:09 pm

Why does he keep doin stuff like this? This is uncalled for, and like Phil said totally unrespectable... :bang:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Reddy on Sat May 17, 2003 5:13 pm

shaq was just being shaquille
he's a little mad but hey the lakers had a big loss 2 days ago
2 FREAKING DAYS AGO
cant the media just give players a lil time?
i mean the team cried over it
personal space here
i know these are the rules but i really dont care

and yeah btw,
championships form around shaq and kobe and phil
take one out from the equation
no ring
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 17, 2003 5:19 pm

Reddy wrote:shaq was just being shaquille
he's a little mad but hey the lakers had a big loss 2 days ago
2 FREAKING DAYS AGO
cant the media just give players a lil time?
i mean the team cried over it
personal space here
i know these are the rules but i really dont care

and yeah btw,
championships form around shaq and kobe and phil
take one out from the equation
no ring

I feel ya Reddy... it was an emotional loss, and with Shaq being a big part of it all, he prolly felt it was his fault cuz he didn't capitalize when he demanded the ball in the post. It's a hard and emotional elimination, but we learn from our mistakes, and out lessons, and we move on, and do what it takes to become a champion again.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby ELF on Sat May 17, 2003 5:22 pm

My thing is....Kobe was there, didn't this lose hurt him just as much as Shaq? D. Fish was there, didn't the lose hurt him too. It's about being a professional and Shaq missing the exit interview isn't professional.
ELF

Postby Reddy on Sat May 17, 2003 5:22 pm

yes thanks for knowing
shaq didnt play like shaq in this series except for game 3, but everyone was playing like the real lakers in game 3
but as i said, we all had mistakes and flaws in this series
and no one is to blame for this
lakers know they have to accept the fact theyve lost, as champions do, they did
and now they are trying the best to improve so they can start another dynasty next year!
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 17, 2003 5:50 pm

It's not professional, ELF. It hurts them all just the same, but Shaq prolly had it the worst, u know? Cuz he demaned the ball, and was unable to do what he wanted to do. Kobe worked so dayam hard in the off-season, and pushed himself to exhaustion, and it hurt him too. Shaq shoulda just stepped up, and shown up!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Guest on Sat May 17, 2003 6:46 pm

Yeah lakers need to get rid of shaq soon...build a team around kobe...its not liek Chicago had a GREAT center...i mean Luc Longley...Will Perdue...they werent that great...BUT they supplemented Jordan...just like everyone else.

I think Kobe would HIGHLY benefit from this type of set up. Im pretty sure the team would too after a year or so. Find a center who is like 25-27 years old who just rebounds like [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and dish it to Kobe. This center should probably avg between 14-18ppg. Then Kobe would probably avg 29-36ppg.

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 17, 2003 6:58 pm

Anonymous wrote:Yeah lakers need to get rid of shaq soon...build a team around kobe...its not liek Chicago had a GREAT center...i mean Luc Longley...Will Perdue...they werent that great...BUT they supplemented Jordan...just like everyone else.

I think Kobe would HIGHLY benefit from this type of set up. Im pretty sure the team would too after a year or so. Find a center who is like 25-27 years old who just rebounds like [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and dish it to Kobe. This center should probably avg between 14-18ppg. Then Kobe would probably avg 29-36ppg.

Shaq's contributions are great, it's just what he's up to off court, like this matter. Sooner or later this team is gonna be made to revolve around Kobe, cuz of Shaq's age. But I don't see that happenin any time soon. Shaq and Kobe are too dominant together to be split apart any time soon
LakersGyrl2003

Postby VargasKB8 on Sun May 18, 2003 2:13 pm

Man, Shaq is dumb!!! I mean,i'm a laker fan and all, but please. Shaq is just a kid, trapped in a mans body. And you know somethin, the NBA is a sport for men, not kids like Shaq. Shaq is the one who screwed up the whole season for the lakers. Everyone said stupid [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] about how Kobe cant carry a team blah blah blah. Well, how can he win with a team that is BUILT around the BIG FAT KID!!! And, I will actually correct myself. Kobe DID carry the lakers for the majority of the season. Not only SHAQS role players did he carry, but the BIG FAT [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] HIMSELF!!! Phil Jackson, turn this team into Kobe's team. He's the one dedicated, he's the one putting his heart into this team, endless hours of just getting better. Make this team into KObes team and have shaq take a back seat to KOBE. Thats the way this team should go, and thats the way we will get back on top
VargasKB8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 18, 2003 2:20 pm

VargasKB8 wrote:Man, Shaq is dumb!!! I mean,i'm a laker fan and all, but please. Shaq is just a kid, trapped in a mans body. And you know somethin, the NBA is a sport for men, not kids like Shaq. Shaq is the one who screwed up the whole season for the lakers. Everyone said stupid [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] about how Kobe cant carry a team blah blah blah. Well, how can he win with a team that is BUILT around the BIG FAT KID!!! And, I will actually correct myself. Kobe DID carry the lakers for the majority of the season. Not only SHAQS role players did he carry, but the BIG FAT [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] HIMSELF!!! Phil Jackson, turn this team into Kobe's team. He's the one dedicated, he's the one putting his heart into this team, endless hours of just getting better. Make this team into KObes team and have shaq take a back seat to KOBE. Thats the way this team should go, and thats the way we will get back on top

Championships are built around Shaq. He's dominate in the paint, and any one with eyes sees that. He has his own personality, even if he seems immature at times, but that's the way he is. Kobe DID carry the team most of the season, but no man is an island.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Guest on Sun May 18, 2003 2:42 pm

what the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] yall think youre doin?
trade shaq?
you guys are idiots
please think!
sure he missed interviews but hey dont go with that bout trading him
championshipsare won around the big man shaquille

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 18, 2003 2:47 pm

Anonymous wrote:what the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] yall think youre doin?
trade shaq?
you guys are idiots
please think!
sure he missed interviews but hey dont go with that bout trading him
championshipsare won around the big man shaquille

Thank you.... :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Guest on Sun May 18, 2003 3:07 pm

yeah
i mean
he is a great player
i apologize for my language but that was just plain crap bout trading shaq
the trio wins the rings
take one out of the equation.......no rings
so please
stop the trash bout trading a 3 time finals mvp.......

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun May 18, 2003 3:10 pm

I guess everyone is just upset about his dedication at times. At times this past season, we all doubt whether basketball is a main priority for him.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Guest on Sun May 18, 2003 3:15 pm

not upset up to the stage that you guys would talk trash like this
trading him
you guys got brains?

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 18, 2003 3:16 pm

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:I guess everyone is just upset about his dedication at times. At times this past season, we all doubt whether basketball is a main priority for him.

I'm bettin now it would be. He prolly thought there wasn't much work to win 3 in a row, and now that the team has been stripped from the title, he'll realize he'd better work harder to get that determination back next season! :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Reddy on Sun May 18, 2003 3:31 pm

yeah
i agree
shaqs gonna be mad next season
mark mah words
he and kobe will top the league in scorin........
big daddy and kobe may even have theirbest year next year
well at least mj did when he had a title stripped :man12:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 18, 2003 3:33 pm

Reddy wrote:yeah
i agree
mark mah words

I know... But MJ was "retired" that tyme so it really wasn't his title that was stripped unlike Shaq and Kobe's... But it's still the same scenario! They're comin back with a vengance, and the league is gonna see the new Shaq and Kobe, dynamic duo!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Reddy on Sun May 18, 2003 3:38 pm

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:
Reddy wrote:yeah
i agree
mark mah words

I know... But MJ was "retired" that tyme so it really wasn't his title that was stripped unlike Shaq and Kobe's... But it's still the same scenario! They're comin back with a vengance, and the league is gonna see the new Shaq and Kobe, dynamic duo!

the lakers DO NOT wanna feel this feeling again
and they wont if they play like the lakers!
kobe and shaq and hte lakers
theyll reload wiht the right ammo this time! :man12:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun May 18, 2003 3:41 pm

Nice to see you bro!!!

I totally agree that the want is there. The only thing we need is the talent to surround our BIG 2. P.J and Payton are a good start to look at.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 18, 2003 3:44 pm

Heck yea! And aim correctly this time!! It's one thing to have the ammo, but they're gonna be on point, REDDY!! YEa boi, I cant wait for preseason to start!! Dayam if only they had a Lakers female club!! Dayam only if it was available to girls... DAYAM! I wanted to go soooo bad! I'm willin to pay that kinda money to get instructed by tha Lakers! HELL YEA! But hey, I'll get the 2nd best thing, and finally go to a game next season!! YEA YEA
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Guest 2 aka #1 Bulls fan on Sun May 18, 2003 6:16 pm

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:Heck yea! And aim correctly this time!! It's one thing to have the ammo, but they're gonna be on point, REDDY!! YEa boi, I cant wait for preseason to start!! Dayam if only they had a Lakers female club!! Dayam only if it was available to girls... DAYAM! I wanted to go soooo bad! I'm willin to pay that kinda money to get instructed by tha Lakers! HELL YEA! But hey, I'll get the 2nd best thing, and finally go to a game next season!! YEA YEA

Its funny because Basketball was actually a girls game to begin with when it was first invented/thought up of..whatever. Just food for thought.
Guest 2 aka #1 Bulls fan

Postby Guest on Sun May 18, 2003 8:27 pm

Anonymous wrote:yeah
i mean
he is a great player
i apologize for my language but that was just plain crap bout trading shaq
the trio wins the rings
take one out of the equation.......no rings
so please
stop the trash bout trading a 3 time finals mvp.......
Guest do you think Shaq deserves the extension?? No F'n way. This guy may have been the reason for the championships in the past and I think he has maybe 2-3 years left in the shape he is in now, and that is maybe 70% of who he was as a player at the start of the Lakers run. In 3 years this guy is not going to be worth the 120 mil. that he is going to demand. We need to try and shift the focus from Shaq to Kobe. He is the future of this team. But the west is crazy and without a Dominant D-Fensivepresence in the paint your not going no where. So it will be up to the GM and friends in the front office to make these crucial decisions. I HOPE THE DECIDE RIGHT!

Postby MIKEDOG on Sun May 18, 2003 8:30 pm

Sorry, that was me forgot to log on!!
MIKEDOG

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion