HOW the mighty have fallen...

HOW the mighty have fallen...

Postby LakerLover on Wed May 07, 2003 9:18 pm

I hate to say it, but watching these two games, only one conclusion can be reached. We are in deep sh*t. We are so beyond screwed, we are almost FUBAR. If the Lakers keep this up, they will be swept out of the playoffs - no doubt about it. And each game will be a blowout. I consider myself, as I'm sure everyone else here does also, the biggest Laker Fan in the World, but let's be honest here. We knew that this would be our hardest fought playoffs, we knew in the back of our minds it was going to be so damn hard to win a 4th in a row (because of our poor start/poor seeding in the playoffs, the lack of depth off the bench, and the we would have to defeat MIN, S.A., and SAC without homecourt just to get to the Finals) but we always thought that there was no way we could lose. My friends, never have I felt so sure of that possibility now. The Spurs are too good of a team to go down 0-2, and it will take a comeback of miraculous proportions to do anything about it. I thought for sure we would come back strong after a terrible performance in Game 1, but we came back with our worst performance in playoff history instead. Why? We can't buy a bucket. We go stretches without scoring. Fox going down was huge defensively. Shaq and Kobe are too inconsistent. NOBODY not named Kobe or Shaq looks qualified to even be out on the floor. What's happened to Fisher? Don't get me started on Horry. Jannero Pargo hustles, but is too streaky. Mark Madsen has disappointed me so far this series. He isn't getting to the loose balls, I make layups/shoot free-throws better than he does; he is, in a word, a liability both offensively and defensively when he is out on the floor. Never have our vets looked more old, never have our young guys looked more, well, young, and never have our stars looked more fallible. In my opinion, something tangible has happened to the pysche of the Lakers. We've been down before, but never to as good a team as the Spurs. Our roster in this decimated statethe playoffs, the lack of depth off the bench, and the we would have to defeat MIN, S.A., and SAC without homecourt just to get to the Finals) but we always thought that there was no way we could lose. My friends, never have I felt so sure of that possibility now. The Spurs are too good of a team to go down 0-2, and it will take a comeback of miraculous proportions to do anything about it. I thought for sure we would come back strong after a terrible performance in Game 1, but we came back with our worst performance in playoff history instead. Why? We can't buy a bucket. We go stretches without scoring. Fox going down was huge defensively. Shaq and Kobe are too inconsistent. NOBODY not named Kobe or Shaq looks qualified to even be out on the floor. What's happened to Fisher? Don't get me started on Horry. Jannero Pargo hustles, but is too streaky. Mark Madsen has disappointed me so far this series. He isn't getting to the loose balls, I make layups/shoot free-throws better than he does; he is, in a word, a liability both offensively and defensively when he is out on the floor. Never have our vets looked more old, never have our young guys looked more, well, young, and never have our stars looked more fallible. In my opinion, something tangible has happened to the pysche of the Lakers. We've been down before, but never to as good a team as the Spurs. Our roster in this decimated state is, in a word, weak. If our role-players don't, you know, fill their roles, we don't have a shot in hell at winning any game, let alone a second-round playoff game against an equally-good Spurs team. Is all hope lost. No. Is it over. No. If we win our home games, we don't have to beat the Spurs at home until Game 7. Our hopes rest squarely on the shoulders of two superstars. If Shaq and Kobe aren't up to the task it's all over. I'm sorry, as much as it pains me to say it, but if we were down to any other team besides the Spurs, we might have a better chance to come back. Right now, it's getting ugly. It's all San Antonio. The Spurs want this more than the Lakers. If drastic changes aren't made, it's all over. Anyone who disagrees with those two assertions obviously missed Games 1 and 2. Hopefully, by the end of Game 4, the series will be tied and everything will be fine. All Square, and a 3 game series to decide it. Right now, it looks as though I might have to start focusing on the Dodgers a couple weeks earlier.
LakerLover

Postby ELF on Wed May 07, 2003 9:40 pm

Well LakerLover, I have news for you by next Tuesday you will have no choice but to focus all of your energy on the Dodgers.

I hate to say this, but the Lakers are a broken time. One of the tv guys said it best, without the Big Two for the Lakers they don't have a team that can compete in the CBA.

What we should be asking ourselves is why are we in the spot. And, I have the answer Mith K and Dr. J. Buss. Their refusal to go out and reload this team with talent each year is unacceptable. And their basketball decision must be question.

Sorry folks, I'm watching F'ing Bruce Bowen talking sh1! about Kobe. I can't believe this.

Lakers please show some heart! I tell you this fellow Laker fans if we don't bring talent in this summer, Kobe will be bouncing after next year.
ELF

Postby 4Rings on Wed May 07, 2003 10:08 pm

I agree about Mitch and Jerry needing to do something. Watching Robert Horry and his play is making me ill. The Lakers should not re-sign him next season. Buss and Kupchak better do a Mark Cuban and go over the luxury to help Shaq and Kobe out. I can't take much more of Horry throwing the ball away. Where was Derek Fisher? We need some big changes next year. :man6:
4Rings

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 07, 2003 10:52 pm

EmbarrassedLakerFan wrote:Well LakerLover, I have news for you by next Tuesday you will have no choice but to focus all of your energy on the Dodgers.

I hate to say this, but the Lakers are a broken time. One of the tv guys said it best, without the Big Two for the Lakers they don't have a team that can compete in the CBA.

Lakers please show some heart! I tell you this fellow Laker fans if we don't bring talent in this summer, Kobe will be bouncing after next year.

Hey, ur name says it all... Die hard tru Lakers fan are never embarrased. We don't just rock are Lakers gear and flags durin the playoffs, we rock em even when they lose, or are down by 2 games in the western semis.

Dayam and ur takin comments from Van Gundy seriously? He's a commentator on TNT for god sakes...They all are biased against the Lakers and have been since their 1st ring even before then. So quit with the BS, cuz no one here is losin faith for our Lakers N E TYME SOON!!

Focus energy on the Dodgers?? What kinda fan are u...UR sure as hell ain't loyal, ur an embarrassed Lakers fan... Come on, get with the program!!!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby HndsmCelt on Wed May 07, 2003 11:16 pm

4Rings wrote:I agree about Mitch and Jerry needing to do something. Watching Robert Horry and his play is making me ill. The Lakers should not re-sign him next season. Buss and Kupchak better do a Mark Cuban and go over the luxury to help Shaq and Kobe out. I can't take much more of Horry throwing the ball away. Where was Derek Fisher? We need some big changes next year. :man6:

Big changes should begin WITH Mitch!
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt
Clublakers Rep: Sac Kings

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 07, 2003 11:39 pm

HndsmCelt wrote:
4Rings wrote:I agree about Mitch and Jerry needing to do something. Watching Robert Horry and his play is making me ill. The Lakers should not re-sign him next season. Buss and Kupchak better do a Mark Cuban and go over the luxury to help Shaq and Kobe out. I can't take much more of Horry throwing the ball away. Where was Derek Fisher? We need some big changes next year. :man6:

Big changes should begin WITH Mitch!

Horry isn't the problem with the Lakers losing! He's a very good contibutor, and has a lot of playoff experience. Sure he's noting doing so well this day in age, but at least he's a defensive threat. He's the only one I see crashing the boards on nearly every shot attempt, and without Devean to do the same, Samaki, Slava and Madd Dogg need to crash the boards as well...
LakersGyrl2003

thread

Postby Guest on Thu May 08, 2003 2:08 am

Can I get the cliff notes on this thread ? That first post was longer then War and Peace and now I need a haircut and my clothes are out of style. I hope I didn't miss game 3 because I read that. How did I stay awake so long ?

Re: thread

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 08, 2003 3:29 am

kobegotskillz wrote:Can I get the cliff notes on this thread ? That first post was longer then War and Peace and now I need a haircut and my clothes are out of style. I hope I didn't miss game 3 because I read that. How did I stay awake so long ?

LMAO :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby KobeIsAGod on Thu May 08, 2003 8:23 pm

[quote="LakersGyrl2003
Hey, ur name says it all... Die hard tru Lakers fan are never embarrased. We don't just rock are Lakers gear and flags durin the playoffs, we rock em even when they lose, or are down by 2 games in the western semis.

Focus energy on the Dodgers?? What kinda fan are u...UR sure as hell ain't loyal, ur an embarrassed Lakers fan... Come on, get with the program!!![/quote]

TRUE fans can admit defeat. They can sit here and rather than say "Oh well we're still 'da best eva' and we'll always win," they have the humility to say, "you know, they are playing like a bunch of pansies." I've been an avid fan for 9 years, and I liked them when they were less than mediocre. What used to bug me the most was when Chick used to criticize the Lakers and say how disappointing it was that they would lose over and over again and how horrible they played. I always thought, "Wow, Chick doesn't like the Lakers because he doesn't have faith in them." Chick was probably the biggest Laker fan in the world. He was able to tear them apart with an analysis, and give them credit when it was due. That's what a true fan is, my dear. Just because someone runs around with flags and jerseys and posters and Laker gear doesn't make them a "true" fan. I would think that those people who flaunt their Laker pride are most likely bandwagonners who want to prove their loyalty. I own 3 jerseys that I wear on playoff game days, and posters of Kobe in my room. But I never flaunt my loyalty in this city. I don't need to.
"It vas a lacky shat." -Vlade Divac after Horry's Game 4 winning shot.
KobeIsAGod

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 08, 2003 8:46 pm

Well well I guess I'm one of the few who still rep the Lakers physically, even when they lose a few games here and there. I've been a Lakers fan for as far back as I can remember. Still I'm able to put mah heart away from the game, and realize how they're playing. But I don't need to prove mah loyality to u or anyone just cuz u see things more differently than me. Sure the Lakers lost those two games and the Spurs clearly out shot us. But it's not just about the Lakers not makin those shots. The refs were making some bad descisions, against the Lakers, and I'm not biased at the facts. I see beyond mah loyality as a fan, and just state the facts I see. So our losses were in fact losses cuz well we didn't overcome the poor foul calls the refs made, and we didn't shoot as well as San Antone. Well ur definition of an NBA fan is sure lacking a lot.

But what I was saying is that, if a tru fan has the stuff to sport their team, then they wouldn't just rock them when they win, they would rock them all year long. Not just sport it at one specific time of the year. I guess u musta misinterpreted what I wrote.

Well I guess ur opinion is wrong about judging a fan who has the money to rock their gear durin the season whether they win or lose. If tru fans got the stuff to rock, then rock it with the biggest pride cuz they're loyal fans to the fullest. Don't degrade them cuz they wanna show their pride everyday of the year! They got the knowledge to back up their pride, and the pride to back up their heart, and they can put their heart away from what they're seeing, and take a loss for a loss, and analyse why they loss, and not just say the other team shot better... They can break it down, and get ready for the next game.

LAKERS BABY!!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby ELF on Thu May 08, 2003 9:06 pm

Laker Gyrl, I'm not going to disrepect you because my mother always told me to respect the ladies. Don't never question my loyalty for the Lakers. I've been a Laker fan since 84 and I've sported the name ELF since the late 80's. So don't be fool by the name.

The problem I have with some folks on this board is, that they feel like if you're a "so" called Laker Fan you can not call the Lakers out. Well a real fan would tell the truth. If you do your home work and look at my posting you will see i'm steady with my comments.

Anyone that thinks the Lakers can keep the same players are smoking. Major changes are needed. And what the hell does wearing a shirt that says Kobe or a purple and gold flag has to do with anyone's Loyalty. Nothing, just because you've decided to be a groupie doesn't make you a bigger fan then others.
ELF

yes yes

Postby k8fanatic on Thu May 08, 2003 9:52 pm

lakers CANNOT keep the same roster every year.. they need a pf! karl malone? scottie pippen? they dont sound so good for the team's chemistry, but hey, we mite need them
k8fanatic

Postby shaqass on Thu May 08, 2003 11:18 pm

EmbarrassedLakerFan wrote:Well LakerLover, I have news for you by next Tuesday you will have no choice but to focus all of your energy on the Dodgers.

What we should be asking ourselves is why are we in the spot. And, I have the answer Mith K and Dr. J. Buss. Their refusal to go out and reload this team with talent each year is unacceptable. And their basketball decision must be question.

Sorry folks, I'm watching F'ing Bruce Bowen talking sh1! about Kobe. I can't believe this.

I think we will have to reload, and reload well. Kobe will not stay in a team that can not compete :man6:
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 08, 2003 11:45 pm

EmbarrassedLakerFan wrote:Laker Gyrl, I'm not going to disrepect you because my mother always told me to respect the ladies. Don't never question my loyalty for the Lakers. I've been a Laker fan since 84 and I've sported the name ELF since the late 80's. So don't be fool by the name.

The problem I have with some folks on this board is, that they feel like if you're a "so" called Laker Fan you can not call the Lakers out. Well a real fan would tell the truth. If you do your home work and look at my posting you will see i'm steady with my comments.

Anyone that thinks the Lakers can keep the same players are smoking. Major changes are needed. And what the hell does wearing a shirt that says Kobe or a purple and gold flag has to do with anyone's Loyalty. Nothing, just because you've decided to be a groupie doesn't make you a bigger fan then others.

Having embarassed and Lakers fan in the same sentence just doesn't fit. That's already messin with the whole process. But that's u and I'm not gonna even disrespect you just cuz of ur lil' nick name. If you have any type of clothing that deals with the Lakers, all I'm saying is rep it even if they lose, and just don't start reppin it in the post season. That's loyalty. Just cuz the Lakers lose, people dont wanna rock their clothing, cuz they're too embarrassed to face the negative remarks from it. That's all that I'm saying.......

I'm not a groupie, and quite frankly I could care less what in the hell you have to say about that. :man10: Who are u to judge whether or not I "do mah home work" or not. You don't know that, and no one will. Of course the Lakers aren't gonna keep their same players, trades are always adjusted in the off-season, anyone knows that. But working with what you have NOW is another thing. Don't doubt what players can and can not do. And well maybe the reason why they don't wanna call the Lakers out is cuz they in their mind, body and heart feel that way. Just cuz u wanna call them or something like that, doesn't justify the truth that they feel. It's all opinions, nothing more, nothing less....

And counting them out is ur opinion, if that's ur opinion. We all are able to deal with the truth we see, but it doesn't make ur opinions right and other people's opinions wrong, just cuz u said so.

Calm down, and slow ur roll, aight?? We're all Lakers fans in here, except for the ones that let it all be known. :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Guest on Fri May 09, 2003 12:59 pm

EmbarrassedLakerFan wrote:Laker Gyrl, I'm not going to disrepect you because my mother always told me to respect the ladies. Don't never question my loyalty for the Lakers. I've been a Laker fan since 84 and I've sported the name ELF since the late 80's. So don't be fool by the name.

I completely agree with you. And Lakergyrl, my dad always told me to respect people when they deserved it, and you seem to deserve mine. But I'll tell ya one thing: Complaining about OFFICIATING is a job that the Sac Kings should keep. I'm sure you were one of the many "Laker fans" who clowned the queens because they [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] about the refs constantly. Hell, the players and Phil did, too. Now, all of a sudden, I'm hearing Laker fans complaining, too. What ever happened to, "True champions play PAST the bad calls and they keep their mouth shut." Sure was easy to say that when the calls were going our way. At least EmbarrassedLakerFan and I can sit here and admit when they play like pansies. We don't have to "rock" our laker gear all year long. We have it in our hearts, and that's basically all we need. And don't mention [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] about "havin da money" because I have enough to spend it on Laker gear, I just choose not to jump on that bandwagon. It's bad enough I have to be called one because I'm female, but imagine having all the Laker stuff to try and prove myself? Please.

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri May 09, 2003 7:22 pm

I think everyone in here will agree that I am a great laker fan. I remain faithful that we will win it all and if we don't..better luck next year. But we all also know...(those of yous that know me) I have a mean streak when I feel the team is slacking off and not playing to their full potential. And i mean no disrespect when I punk them. Sometimes I get so pissed I cross the line and feel guilty about it, like I have wronfully insulted or hurt a best friend....but being a true fan means having an almost intimate relationship with the outcome of the games. One, to be a truly great fan, must have a touch of schizophrenia in them to be able to always hope for the best in the worst and fear for the worst in the best. We all root for our team in different ways, we all feel differently in tough times, uniquely in easy times and have our own opinions about the parts that make up the whole of our favorite team...but in the end the true beauty of this sport and all sport is the fellowship of its fans and the wonderful feeling of everyone feeling the same core emotions at the same time...thousands joining in unison as one, coming together if for only the briefest of moments. That is the definition of a true fan!
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 09, 2003 9:12 pm

I never really clowned n e team for crying about calls, but they play the game, and they can feel when a foul is called wrong, or maybe not. The Mav were gettin some bad calls in last nights game, and what did they do? They blew out the Kings, and over rided the fouls by making shots.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby KobeIsAGod on Sat May 10, 2003 2:54 pm

Snakell Beast wrote:I think everyone in here will agree that I am a great laker fan. I remain faithful that we will win it all and if we don't..better luck next year. But we all also know...(those of yous that know me) I have a mean streak when I feel the team is slacking off and not playing to their full potential. And i mean no disrespect when I punk them. Sometimes I get so pissed I cross the line and feel guilty about it, like I have wronfully insulted or hurt a best friend....but being a true fan means having an almost intimate relationship with the outcome of the games. One, to be a truly great fan, must have a touch of schizophrenia in them to be able to always hope for the best in the worst and fear for the worst in the best. We all root for our team in different ways, we all feel differently in tough times, uniquely in easy times and have our own opinions about the parts that make up the whole of our favorite team...but in the end the true beauty of this sport and all sport is the fellowship of its fans and the wonderful feeling of everyone feeling the same core emotions at the same time...thousands joining in unison as one, coming together if for only the briefest of moments. That is the definition of a true fan!

god that was a great post. It's true, a true fan creates this crazy intimate relationship with their team. When the Lakers have played like crap, I've cursed them out and called them morons who play like losers, and then I feel bad. lol I apologize to the tv and mumble obscenities to myself. I hold grudges against Kobe(who's my idol), and later on he makes up for it by getting his game back. I'm glad they won last night, but this isn't over. They have a LOOOONG way to go.
"It vas a lacky shat." -Vlade Divac after Horry's Game 4 winning shot.
KobeIsAGod

Postby guest on Tue May 13, 2003 11:37 am

I think what LakersGyrl2003 is trying to say is go ahead and criticize,tear them apart when they lose,but dont give me that [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] " I have news for you by next Tuesday you will have no choice but to focus all of your energy on the Dodgers" thats fu#ing giving up on your team...I dont care if were down 3-0 and were losing by 20 on game 4 im still yelling LAKERS ARE TAKING THIS SERIES!!!!!!!!So EmbarrassedLakerFan I hope your watching them sorry [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] dodgers right now cause u look like a fu*ing idiot for saying that [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4peat is coming...PERIOD

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue May 13, 2003 1:29 pm

Finally we have a GUEST who actually support the Lakers.

I've punking these other GUEST morans yesterday with BS takes on the Lakers and thats is over.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue May 13, 2003 3:14 pm

guest wrote:I think what LakersGyrl2003 is trying to say is go ahead and criticize,tear them apart when they lose,but dont give me that [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] " I have news for you by next Tuesday you will have no choice but to focus all of your energy on the Dodgers" thats fu#ing giving up on your team...I dont care if were down 3-0 and were losing by 20 on game 4 im still yelling LAKERS ARE TAKING THIS SERIES!!!!!!!!So EmbarrassedLakerFan I hope your watching them sorry [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] dodgers right now cause u look like a fu*ing idiot for saying that [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4peat is coming...PERIOD

Thanx 4 knowin where I'm comin from!! :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Return to Lakers Discussion