How will you remember Gasol as a Laker?

Re: How will you remember Gasol as a Laker?

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:01 am

I have mixed feelings about Pau. I think of him as a weak-minded champion. I agree that he was a huge part of the championship runs, and he came up big when he needed to, but I'm not a fan of guys who don't play to their potential night in and night out, and who let other guys push him around and take away his game. That was always a really frustrating part of watching him play, especially in the playoffs. If he was stronger minded in 08, I think they would have beaten the Celtics.

Aside from that, he seems to be a truly great guy, and a real role model off the court. His skill level is off the charts, and he plays with real style and grace.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby LooN3y on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:21 am

Slurpee22 wrote:What's amazing about Pau, is how much respect he has towards the Lakers organization despite the fact that he's constantly in rumor trade talk... he's a very loyal person.... I hope somehow the Cavs deal doesn't go down... especially if we have to send him off just to save future cap-money....

I mean who really wants to play for the caavs let alone live in Cleveland half the year, If I had the choice and it is nt my home town I damn sure wouldn't
LooN3y

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:02 pm

How will I remember Gasol?

Game 7 in the 2010 Finals.

We fans turn on players like they mean nothing to easily. There is a thin line between believing a player is no longer valuable for the team and hating. No matter how much he has declined I will alway appreciate and respect what Pau did for the Lakers. If he goes then so be it. He will forever be a Laker great to me.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:14 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:How will I remember Gasol?

Game 7 in the 2010 Finals.

We fans turn on players like they mean nothing to easily. There is a thin line between believing a player is no longer valuable for the team and hating. No matter how much he has declined I will alway appreciate and respect what Pau did for the Lakers. If he goes then so be it. He will forever be a Laker great to me.

Saw that game yesterday. Gasol was a beast. Played like a man possessed. We don't win that game without him. People don't realize how much Gasol helped solidify Kobe's legacy. Without him, Kobe is probably stuck at 3 rings and his legacy is forever in question.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Azndude2190 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:24 pm

^Yep, which is why I think his jersey should be retired when he leaves the league.
A deep man, believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart's blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby 432J on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:09 pm

Azndude2190 wrote:^Yep, which is why I think his jersey should be retired when he leaves the league.

i think it definitely will

without him, there's no back to back. kobe still has 3 rings, and who knows where this team would be
432J

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:28 pm

Azndude2190 wrote:^Yep, which is why I think his jersey should be retired when he leaves the league.

There was a question on if Pau would be in HOF (only way to get in the rafters for the Lakers) and many people brought up not only his NBA career but his international career. I think he gets into the Hall. Does that automatically get him into Staples Rafters? I lean towards yes.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby LakerFan1235 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:46 am

^yes.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby Johnnyboy on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:31 am

Class act who brought the Lakers back from bad times. He aged quickly and never really bounced back from that. I hope Laker fans give this guy a LOUD standing ovation when he comes back and plays in LA after he's gone.
Johnnyboy

Postby scissors on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:50 am

I will eventually remember Pau as the 2 time NBA champion with the Lakers. Just right now it's hard for me to remember him like that. Just got to let a season or two pass without Pau being here.
scissors

Postby lakersfever on Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:16 am

2009 and 2010 champions...Pau really saved our franchise as it was spiraling down during 2008. I will never, ever forget the "gift" trade that Memphis gave us as a salary dump for Kwame Brown. I really hope he lands on a decent team and turn it into a contender. As for the Lakers, I just don't see how they're gonna a championship within the next five years. It's going to be a painful rebuilding process with a limited cap. I'll be very surprised if we win another championship within the next ten years.
lakersfever

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion