How do you feel after losing Dwight?

Re: How do you feel after losing Dwight?

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:44 pm

Aonex wrote:Lol at Shaq's comments, not sure if posted:

"It was expected," Shaq said. "We've all been in LA, and not a whole lot of people can handle being under the bright lights. Everybody wants to do it, but when you get there, there are certain pressures. I think it was a safe move for him to go to a little town like Houston. That's right, little town. I said it."

:man10:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby pound4pound1 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:46 pm

"It was expected," Shaq said. "We've all been in LA, and not a whole lot of people can handle being under the bright lights. Everybody wants to do it, but when you get there, there are certain pressures. I think it was a safe move for him to go to a little town like Houston. That's right, little town. I said it."

i was expecting a lil more venom from Shaq...but its ok, he has a full season ahead calling out Dwight...only this time, i'll enjoy it
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Aonex on Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:47 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:

i was expecting a lil more venom from Shaq...but its ok, he has a full season ahead calling out Dwight...only this time, i'll enjoy it

They interviewed him at some Nascar event, so he probably didn't get a chance to get into it... I'm sure there's more zingers on the way.
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby Lakeshow24 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:16 pm

Bye Felicia.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:17 pm

pissed at stern even more. at least we would have had CP3 and a ton of cap space
Ariza3

Postby 432J on Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:23 pm

Ariza3 wrote:pissed at stern even more. at least we would have had CP3 and a ton of cap space

you should see the amount of praise stern is getting from the rockets fans

and rightfully so. by blocking the cp3 trade he kept the rockets from getting pau only to give them the cap space they needed to sign dwight. yet another way that POS screwed this team up bigtime with the veto.

the rockets fans should be thanking stern and that moron sam presti for pretty much handing them what they needed
432J

Postby kenzo on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:14 pm

432J wrote:
Ariza3 wrote:pissed at stern even more. at least we would have had CP3 and a ton of cap space

you should see the amount of praise stern is getting from the rockets fans

and rightfully so. by blocking the cp3 trade he kept the rockets from getting pau only to give them the cap space they needed to sign dwight. yet another way that POS screwed this team up bigtime with the veto.

the rockets fans should be thanking stern and that moron sam presti for pretty much handing them what they needed

Don't give a flying **** about Houston. They're still not winning ****, not now, not in 4 years. The dirty thing done by Stern to "kill" us will be remembered when he meets tha maker :jam2:
kenzo

Postby The Laker Link on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:34 pm

Accepting yet super depressed.
The Laker Link

Postby Congo Cash on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:37 pm

Wow, I hated Shaq, but this is worse... Even LBJ is more matured at this point, which I thought would never happen...

Anyway, good riddance... I wanted him gone since this 2nd Dwightmare started so the Lakers can move on already...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby M2K on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:37 pm

----------------------------------

Dwight Howard is a juvenile prima-donna who enjoys the attention that comes with being a professional basketball player more than the sacrifice, seriousness, and focus it takes to win Championships.

I think Kobe, one of the most competitive athletes I've ever seen, tried to tell Dwight there is something he will learn if he stayed in LA. Dwight knew exactly what Kobe was talking about and instantly realized he wasn't cut from the same competitive cloth.

He didn't just leave LA... he escaped the responsibilities that comes with being a superstar in LA. That is the difference between being a truly great talent and being a truly great player.

-----------------------------------
M2K

Postby Kangaroo Grandkid on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:17 pm

Dwight Coward is a 8!+c#. I know, I know, I'm as shocked as you are. I didn't realize they stacked 8!+c# that high, but there he is. (Almost) 7' of walking, goofing, 8!+c#.

It might be a little painful for a while, but this will be good for us. And it'll be especially nice to save the $98 Million in luxury taxes.
Kangaroo Grandkid

Postby cleverdevil on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:01 pm

cleverdevil

Postby bigdog2013 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:22 pm

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_t ... index.html

shaq on howard on nbatv.

He has very interesting comment about playing under danonti
bigdog2013

Postby Psychobroker on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:06 am

DarthRekal wrote:
D.B. Cooper wrote:Puig!

:jam2:

4 strikeouts last night was salt in the wound :man2:
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby chingy248 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:21 pm

So he already made up his mind a while back?

Howard spent the days leading to his decision camped out in a Colorado resort. Howard called McHale to refute reports that surfaced late Friday night that suggested he was second-guessing his decision to sign with the Rockets. "The crazy thing was Dwight was flying from Colorodo and the 50-50 [speculation] and all this other stuff, he was a little bit upset about that," McHale said. "He said, 'I didn't change my mind.' I had a pretty good feeling, but when it's finally done, you're really happy and looking forward to working with him after you sign him." ESPN.com

chingy248

Postby showtime mamba on Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:54 pm

I really thought I would feel worse....

Ultimately Howard wasn't somebody I could support as the franchise player of the Los Angeles Lakers. He is unfunny yet thinks he is a comedian. How many false laughs have GMs, players and coaches had to generate to satisfy this doofus. I fully expect him to be the first NBA player to break a backboard by hurtling a hook shot through the glass. I liked his D but hated his stupid blocks into the stands to give teams a new possession to score. I hated his disrespect of Kobe, of Pau. I don't wish him harm, but would love him to be booed in LA and I feel like it will be more fun not to try and like this chump, and if the price is rebuilding, fine.
showtime mamba

Postby revgen on Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:59 pm

James Worthy says "I told you so" without saying "I told you so". Basically said that Dwight chickened out when he couldn't deal with the pressure of playing in LA. Also implied that Dwight wants his own "brand".

http://www.twcsportsnet.com/videos/2013/07/05/worthy-reacts-to-dwight-howard-decision-to-leave

James was one of the few guys who was skeptical about trading for Dwight.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep/13/sports/la-sp-sn-james-worthy-dwight-howard-20120913
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Kobe8Bryant4Life on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:06 pm

Very depressed, yet I understand why he left.. he's got a better chance right now of winning.

I can't blame him, but I'm still way bitter about it.
Eric Church. THE CHIEF.
http://youtu.be/XxWjtWONuGc
Kobe8Bryant4Life

Postby lakersin4 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:22 pm

I feel like David Stern should get the Pete Rose treatment for blatantly going out of his way to attempt to tear down the franchise. The CP3 veto started this domino effect.. If it wasn't for the most obvious conflict of interest ever, right now we're probably going into this season with Kobe, CP3, Dwight + whatever PF Mitch was planning to get with that TPE from the Hornets (David West was the rumor I believe). But I also feel like as long as Kobe is a Laker we have a chance to compete.. He says he'll play atleast 3 more years & I believe him, & I also believe we'll get back to the finals by then.
lakersin4

Postby Weezy on Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:02 pm

At the core of it all, yeah, this is Stern's fault. If he doesn't veto the CP3 trade we probably have Kobe, CP3, and Howard on our roster right now, and who knows, last season might have even resulted in a title.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby chingy248 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:28 pm

chingy248

Postby Finwë on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:08 pm

That's just mean
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby kobe_mamba on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:56 pm

I'm disappointed. But not shocked and not disheartened.

Like Kobe admitted, 'guys like D12 don't grow on trees' and Dwight could have developed into a truly GREAT player with the Lakers. But his decision is just that - his choice and now his destiny is in his own hands with the Rockets. Good luck to him and goodbye. Just maybe though, the Lakers may be better off without D12's apparent desire to receive all the attention and his obvious petulance.

Looking forward - if Pau is on the Lakers - his best position (especially at this stage of his career) is C. Pau plays his best basketball at C and in some respects may even be a better fit there than D12. Yeah, call me crazy, but although Pau is certainly a big step back defensively, on offense he is actually an upgrade on D12 IMHO. He also has far better passing skills and Basketball IQ. Pau could be really effective at C for the Lakers for the next couple of years - if they decide to keep him that long. Kobe and Pau have proven to be an effective inside-out combo for years. They can be again.

Apart from Kobe's injury and rehab time frame, PF and SF are the biggest holes in this Lakers team by far. I think the Lakers keep MWP for now, no amnesty. Metta can be effective whether starting or coming off the bench at both the SF and PF positions. He will be needed, unless the Lakers really want to shed payroll. In fact Metta could be very effective at PF in the MDA offense and next to Pau. Conversely Jordan Hill could start or be that main big man off the bench.

All in all it was a big blow to the Lakers....but the Lakers will bounce back, they always do. They are the Lakers after all. Maybe now they just start to play with a real chip on their shoulders.

:jam2:
ESPN/ABC Commentator, GSW Coach and NBA Legend Mark Jackson on Kobe Bryant
'No disrespect to Kyra Sedgwick, but damn he is The Closer'
'Mamma, there goes that man'
kobe_mamba

Postby Quik Z06 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:48 am

We lost Dwight?

Lol, really who gives a flying f!! Look, if he didn't want to be here then good riddance, it's that simple. He can't handle pressure, never could, that's why he likes to act like a little kid. Grow up already Dwight! He won't win crap with the Rockets, and they'll soon learn why we were so frustrated with him. His post game is HORRIBLE! I cringed every time they threw the ball to him in the post, so in a way I don't blame D'Antoni for not wanting to play an inside-out game.

Look we're all Lakers fans, the greatest team in the NBA. They'll be fine. I've been watching since the early 80's so I've been through the ups and downs. It may take a couple years, but I'd bet money we get another title before Dwight gets one.
Quik Z06

Postby bltkmt on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:56 am

Fly Like A Mosquito Bite wrote:I, for one, am kind of glad that he's gone. He was never going to be able to carry us to a championship anyways.

This is exactly how I feel...good riddance.
bltkmt

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion