How do you feel after losing Dwight?

How do you feel after losing Dwight?

Postby Fly Like A Mosquito Bite on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:09 pm

What are you feeling now that Dwight is signing elsewhere? I didn't want this to lump into the mega thread. This is for people who discuss how they feel.

To me, I don't feel sad or disappointed at all. When I first read about it, there was no strong feeling. I'm just calm and meh. I think it stems from the fact that Howard never really connected with the fans and the Lakers had one of the most frustrating seasons in its history.

I, for one, am kind of glad that he's gone. He was never going to be able to carry us to a championship anyways.
Fly Like A Mosquito Bite

Re: How do you feel after losing Dwight?

Postby Weezy on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:12 pm

Well, apparently Sam Amick jumped the gun and Woj says Howard's people say Dwight has not finalized a decision yet. How did I feel thinking he bolted to Houston, just fine actually, never liked him much. How would I feel if he went to GS to help us in a sign and trade, pretty damn good.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Fly Like A Mosquito Bite on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:14 pm

Weezy wrote:Well, apparently Sam Amick jumped the gun and Woj says Howard's people say Dwight has not finalized a decision yet. How did I feel thinking he bolted to Houston, just fine actually, never liked him much. How would I feel if he went to GS to help us in a sign and trade, pretty damn good.

Yea, just read that. But for a second, I really thought he was gone and I felt... meh...good for him. I still think he's gone though.

If we can get some picks and assets back... :man13:
Fly Like A Mosquito Bite

Postby GNC on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:16 pm

If/when he goes to Houston I am more disappointed that we didn't land Thompson or Barnes then Dwight actually leaving.
GNC

Postby Fly Like A Mosquito Bite on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:18 pm

GNC wrote:If he goes to Houston I am more disappointed that we didn't land Thompson or Barnes then Dwight actually leaving.

I wouldn't mind getting Asik and another young player from Houston + 2 first round picks though. We can flip Asik somewhere else for another first round pick. Asik is a pretty valuable asset in the NBA because of his strong defense.
Fly Like A Mosquito Bite

Postby JLaker17 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:18 pm

He is gone, even Woj is saying it. With that being said, I'm more mad we didn't get to pull off a S&T with the Warriors.
JLaker17

Postby diehard on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:19 pm

Relieved

I didn't want to have a team with a power struggle, especially with someone who thinks they're a lot better than they really are. You simply can not build a team around a guy with such a piss poor offensive game. I think he could have been a big piece to future championships, but not with the role he was seeking for himself.

I also feel happy for Dwight. He realized that he was never going to be able to live up to the Lakers legacy, so he chose a more comfortable locale.

This year may be tough, but I'm also very curious to see who we add to round out the roster.
"Be true to yourself and you will never fall."

Ron Artest: Is it freaky if your girl has a barbed wired thong and comes in the room with plastic sporks? Twitter
diehard

Postby Fly Like A Mosquito Bite on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:20 pm

Fly Like A Mosquito Bite

Postby magicman32 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:21 pm

More upset we didn't get klay/Barnes
magicman32

Postby Legendary on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:24 pm

C'est la vie
Legendary

Postby Azndude2190 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:25 pm

I feel relieved.
A deep man, believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart's blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby venky on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:25 pm

Feel bad for Kobe. Now it's certain he'll end his career with 5 rings ( unless he really will stick around for 3 more years).

But other than that, I really don't care. He's not Lakers material to lead this team after Kobe is done.
venky

Postby raviator on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:27 pm

Oh well. I will definitely miss the inside defense, will not miss the horrid free throw shooting.
raviator

Postby kray28 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:29 pm

This heartless loser was never going to help Kobe get #6. Him being gone is a blessing in disguise, and I think the Lakers will actually be an improved team without him.
kray28

Postby kray28 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:31 pm

Long term, we are even better off without him.

#notlamaterial
#notfitforgoldenarmor
kray28

Postby dak22 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:33 pm

I'm also relieved as well. Better start the tanking now than later.

I'm just disappointed with what he did during his tenure here. Forget the other greats, he couldn't accomplish what Bynum did as a Laker center, which is sad given how low a bar that is in reality.

Heck, even Kwame can say he had better career as a laker as well
dak22

Postby Weezy on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:34 pm

I feel just fine actually, best word I can use is relieved that it's over. Yeah, we suck now, but I never liked Howard, Never liked his lack of post game, bricked free throws, immaturity, blaming everyone but himself in interviews, seeming disinterest in so many games, just was never my kind of player, especially growing up watching Kobe. We'll suck this season, but we'll be ok eventually, we always are, I don't think Dwight was taking us to a title anyway so at least we didn't waste the money on him, for him to potentially pout or ask out later.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby kray28 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:36 pm

If this had been Kobe leaving us as he almost did twice...it would have broken my heart.

That's not my state of mind at the moment at all. I am glad this girl is gone.
kray28

Postby kray28 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:37 pm

Fly Like A Mosquito Bite wrote:
GNC wrote:If he goes to Houston I am more disappointed that we didn't land Thompson or Barnes then Dwight actually leaving.

I wouldn't mind getting Asik and another young player from Houston + 2 first round picks though. We can flip Asik somewhere else for another first round pick. Asik is a pretty valuable asset in the NBA because of his strong defense.

We don't want any of Houston's trash.
kray28

Postby King of Clutch on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:38 pm

Meh
King of Clutch

Postby Fly Like A Mosquito Bite on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:39 pm

kray28 wrote:

Calm down. This is likely a direct signing anyways. But I'd still like assets back.
Fly Like A Mosquito Bite

Postby Weezy on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:39 pm

kray28 wrote:

We do need bigs now, having lost Dwight and Clark, and while I don't think Asik is garbage, he is overpaid, so no thanks.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LOSLAKERS on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:41 pm

Kind of upset which is weird because I hate him. I guess it's just what the hell do we do now? If Dwight signed we could have gotten Morrow and Calderon. Pau and Kobe aren't getting any younger and I doubt Nash re-signs let alone keeps playing.
LOSLAKERS

Postby Tobias Funke on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:43 pm

Im cool honestly. He ran from the pressure in LA but he'll be under even more pressure now after walking away from such a storied franchise to win now. Hope all the frat boy fun he'll have will be worth it when he's still ringless at the end of the year.

I think it must be said though, this is just the embarassing handling of the coaching situation by Jim coming full circle.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby KB24 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:44 pm

It is a blow to the franchise but I don't want a franchise player that doesn't really want to be here and sacrifice his body and soul for the franchise.

all in all...it feels bad but not devastating.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion