Howard down to final choices of Chicago and Lakers

Howard down to final choices of Chicago and Lakers

Postby Coppertop on Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:45 pm

Looks like the Lakers just might get their first choice...

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nuggets/article/0,1299,DRMN_20_2074339,00.html
Coppertop

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Jun 28, 2003 3:20 pm

Forget Juwan... I'd rather have Malone or PJ.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby crucifido on Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:10 pm

Personally, I'd rather have Juwan Howard for the sole reason that he is a more versaitle player and he has yet to find a system that has allowed him to show off that versatility. He may not be as big as P.J. Brown but he does have more offensive chops. His defense is intense enough, though he may have some trouble matching up with Duncan and the like (but what power forward doesn't honestly. P.J.'s stats aginast Duncan aren't that impressive)

As for Malone, well his personality just wouldn't sink in with his team well (at least I don't think so). He's looking to bust that scoring title and to do that he needs to be the #1 option on a team. Here he'd be #3 at best and that won't fly with him too long. Plus, everyone is always [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] about the Lakers being too old. Why in the world would you sign a guy that is 37 at a position that doesn't lend itself to longevitiy in the first place.

I hope Howard sees the light and takes the bare minimum to come here. He's made his money now it's time for him to show some character and sign in L.A..
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:27 pm

It would be awesome to have Juwan, he is still my #1 choice @ PF...he is low key, does everything and won't care about being a #3 option...can't say the same for any other WORTHY candidate for the job...
Snakell Beast

Postby crucifido on Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:46 pm

Snakell is on the oney with this one. He is a low key guy that doesn't demand the ball to be effective. Juwan will be a perfect fit for the Lakers.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby zetaw00d on Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:23 am

Forget about it..... If Kidd goes to the spurs, then GP will be a Laker!!!! The Lakers know they have to match up if the spurs get kidd!!!
zetaw00d

Postby Sallian on Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:46 am

zetaw00d wrote:Forget about it..... If Kidd goes to the spurs, then GP will be a Laker!!!! The Lakers know they have to match up if the spurs get kidd!!!

Actually, I would rather have Juwan Howard ... a person who shows leadership when needed, is respectful of his teammates, hardly ever selfish with the ball, and shows alot of class amongst NBA players. The Lakers will be very glad if they get to sign him. Payton to me would be the second option of who to sign (considering the Lakers are able to sign them for the veteran minimum salaries). Some folks have a hard time thinking of how Malone would be with Kobe and Shaq but I have a harder time guessing how it's going to be with Payton with Kobe and Shaq.

*crosses fingers* :man1:

And btw, hi everyone ... just found this site yesterday. You will be hearing alot more from me since I had no Lakers boards to post on till I found this one :man9:
#34 - [Sallian] - #8
-[LAKERSfan4LIFE]-
Sallian

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:02 pm

In reality the most important addition ot the Lakers next year is a........

.........healthy and determined Shaq that won the league MVP 3 years ago.

Regardless who we picked up...Payton, Howard, PJ, or Malone..its going to be a great signing. However, getting an MVP form Shaq is the best addition.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby crucifido on Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:47 pm

Utterly, completely and TOTALLY correct Kobe One Kenobi.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby FirstLady on Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:52 pm

I like what you said, KOK8! And, any veteran addition would only enhance the play of our "All-Stars!"

BTW, welcome to ClubLakers, Sallian! Make yourself at home!
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:57 pm

Thanks guys. I'm happy that you both agree.

Oh yeah!! Welcome Sallian!!!! Hope that you like the site!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

:

Postby JSM on Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:32 pm

according to Howard, "Honestly, I don't know what they're talking about. I'm not locked to go to either of them. I don't know where they get these rumors. But I haven't spoken to them, and I'll wait and see on July 1 about who would like to have me on their team next season. And that's Denver included." but what else could he say, yeah I've talked to both teams and I am definitely going to one or the other, if he did that both him and the teams would get in trouble, if he has talked to anyone or if those are just his two places he would like to be. And if that was the case it would also be unwise because he would not get as good of an offer from those teams or other teams because LA and Chi would think they can get him for less because that is where he wants to be and the other teams might think it is a sure thing that he will go to one of those two teams. So, I don't know if he really doesn't know where he is going or he just can't say right now, but we will found out as more rumors about where he will end up, will come in a couple of days when teams can start talking to him.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_4317.shtml
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Winning a championship

Postby lakeshow on Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:55 pm

I hope we get somebody that just wants to win a championship. The vets have made there money. If they really want a championship they would not think twice about signing with the Lakers.. I hate hearing all these players saying they want a championship ,but money more important to them.... Here are my thoughts if I made my money the last thing for me to do would be to win a championship in the NBA. Not many players can say that....

Skillz08Lakeshow!!! 2004Champs
lakeshow

Postby SWOL on Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:08 am

MAN ID RATHER HAVE THE GLOVE HE HAS SOMETHING MOST GUYS ON OUR TEAM DONT HAVE (MINUS FOX AND KOBE)...........A FIRE IN HIS [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] AND A CHIP ON HIS SHOULDER....HE IS TOUGH.......HE PLAYS DEFENSE...IF YOU LOOK AT HIM CROSS EYED, HE IS LIABLE TO COME RIGHT ACROSS YOUR DOME......WE NEED TOUGH PLAYERS......JUWAN IS CHARMAN SOFT
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:37 am

I hope we get the PAYTON but I still have my doubts.
Its true what you said... we could use some of his intensity and a chip on his shoulder.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:54 am

Mitch.

Here is the order or priority of signings starting July 16.

1. Sign Payton or do anything to get him.

2. Sign Malone.

3. Who cares about #3 , because we got #1 and #2 above.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby SWOL on Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:33 pm

#3.... Ira Newble
SWOL

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:50 pm

How about .....

#3 Eric Piatkowski
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby lakers frizzo on Fri Jul 04, 2003 4:19 pm

HOW ABOUT PIPPPEN??
is shaq satisfied with three titles and continuing to blow up to 400 lbs or will he get the other hunger back and get down to 320 and win three more?? GO LAKERS 2004-06 CHAMPS!!!
lakers frizzo

:

Postby JSM on Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:58 pm

I doubt we will get Pippen. He will either stay with Portland or go back to Chicago. He wants to be in management when he is done playing, so he will probably go to a team that can promise him a job in that position when he wants it.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

priorities

Postby LakerFan2003 on Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:58 am

Our priorities, if we want to win a championship next year, is this.

#1 - Sign Payton to the MLE (His agent, Aaran Goodwin has publicly stated that there is already a "...high level of interest..."). This would help us at the G position, especially with defense and scoring.

#2 - Sign Malone to the VME (Malone has publicly stated he would join the Lakers for $1.5 million which is the VME, or any amount of money the Lakers could afford if they sign Payton).

#3 - Sign Eric Piatkowski. Piatkowski is a pure shooter, the kind of player we need Shaq to dish out to when the double team comes. The kind of player Kobe can penetrate and pass to on the arc when the defense collapses. Piatkowski has already publicly stated he would love to play for the Lakers for $1.5 million. And the most positive sign Pike might sign? He doesn't even have to move to win a championship ;)
LakerFan2003

Postby TheZen on Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:10 am

Screw Howard...he even stated that he wants to go to the Pistons...Just leave us be with Payton, Malone, and Pike or Pip. Everything looks good wit Payton, so once he comes, Malone comes... :jam2:
TheZen

Re: :

Postby TheZen on Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:14 am

jsm0331 wrote:I doubt we will get Pippen. He will either stay with Portland or go back to Chicago. He wants to be in management when he is done playing, so he will probably go to a team that can promise him a job in that position when he wants it.

He's also made a comment about spending his last year or two with Phil. So who knows... :man3:
TheZen

Postby SWOL on Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:46 pm

agree....screw Howard.....all of the Fab 5 guys are morons.....even the ones that had some game (C-Web, Rose, Howard) are A-Holes
SWOL

Postby Retards on Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:27 pm

I like the idea of Eric Piatkowski , Pippen will sit on the bench and cheerleading the whole time ..... :jam2:
Retards

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion