Howard said...

Howard said...

Postby GoldenEye on Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:35 am

How much forward Juwan Howard is interested in returning to Denver remains to be seen. A source last week told the Rocky Mountain News that Howard, an unrestricted free agent after leading the Nuggets in scoring last season with a 18.4 average, is "long gone." Howard said Wednesday in an interview with Sporting News Radio that he is keeping his options open.

"I have heard talk that the Lakers are interested," Howard said. "Now is the time to start talking to teams and negotiating. We have had some conversations, but nothing is etched in stone. I am not trying to go out and go with the highest bidder.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nuggets/article/0,1299,DRMN_20_2085162,00.html
Dynasty is not over, Lakers dynasty has begun!
GoldenEye

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:56 am

Get Malone first, then if we struck out on him, then settle with Howard.

Malone plays stronger than Howard inside. At 40, Malone can still muscle up the PF of the West and I've heard reports that he is training harder this summer, than ever before.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

:

Postby JSM on Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:35 pm

Hopefully if we get Malone, he will be able to teach Shaq how to have some work ethic. Malone is probably training harder than ever because he knows he will have to play a lot longer season than he is used to playing. He hasn't played from November to June since 98.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:42 pm

Since in essence we are getting older by bringin in (fingers crossed, knock on wood) The Glove and The Mailman :freak2: i feel that they will train to be more explosive as the year goes on. I have no concern of malone's work ethic, but in a weird way I am a lil worried if he imposes his workouts on Shaq (Remember when Karl called out Shaq for the Olympics) But if Shaq can swallow his ego, man can you just imagine those workouts they would have. What team could penetrate the Shaq-Malone wall.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Return to Lakers Discussion