Injury exception

Injury exception

Postby whats golden on Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:59 am

I have just read that the Bulls will be getting a $1.8 mil injury exception for Jay Williams, while Orlando expect a $4.8 mil exception for Grant Hill - what gives especially for the Bulls seeing as how Jay Williams injuried himself in a motorbike crash. Anyway my question is, is it possible for the Lakers to get an injury exception for Fox and if so how much?

Here are the links to the two stories:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-bull01.html

http://www.floridatoday.com/!NEWSROOM/sportstoryA4463A.htm

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby guest man on Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:56 am

i don't know but check this out------------- P.J. Brown and Gary Payton were among the free agents to receive first-day calls from the Los Angeles Lakers, who need to add two or three impact players to their roster but can only offer the $4.9 million mid-level exception, most likely to one player.

just read it on espn.com
guest man

Postby Roscoe on Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:45 pm

No I don't think the Lakers will get an exception for Fox. He has to be out for the entire season including the playoffs for that to happen, and from what I'm hearing he'll be back by late December early January.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:59 pm

Maybe, we might get something small...

I'm wondering if Webber will get this? Because he is severly injured from what I heard...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby whats golden on Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:20 am

Maybe we need to suggest to Fox that he doesn't come back this season, surely we would get an exception equivalent to his salary next season which is close to $4mil. Now that would be handy.

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Return to Lakers Discussion