ITS BEEN A GREAT SEASON. GOOD JOB LAKERS!!

ITS BEEN A GREAT SEASON. GOOD JOB LAKERS!!

Postby Lakers4Ever on Thu May 15, 2003 7:38 pm

Down 20 w/ less than 6 minutes to go, and it looks just about it for our 3 time defending champs. It's okay tho, they did their best. Congratulations to the Lakers for giving us their all. It's been fun!!! Time for some rebuilding. PEACE OUT LAKER FANS!!
Lakers4Ever

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 8:01 pm

HELL YEA!! It's still all about the Lakers to all us!! We lost this season, and we only got the future to look forward too.. Dayam, I startin cryin when I saw Fish, and Kobe crying... It just hurt that much... :man6: But it's all good though... No Quat-row, but we still luv our team, like how we have been before the 2000.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers4Ever on Thu May 15, 2003 8:04 pm

Your not the only one.. i started tearing myself... My hat goes out to the Lakers. They're still the champs in my mind. We'll be back next year so watch out!!
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 8:10 pm

Lakers4Ever wrote:Your not the only one.. i started tearing myself... My hat goes out to the Lakers. They're still the champs in my mind. We'll be back next year so watch out!!

That's right!! And please dont change ur sig, just cuz we got kicked out!! We're DIE HARD fans, and it's never gonna change just cuz we're outta tha runnin!!! The next title gores to Chick.... We gotta prepare ourselves mentally and physically for next season... It's aight though, we got years to look forward too..

See we dont take our titles for granted, we earned them, and the taste was sweet when we won them.. Now we gotta do the same, and get that sweet sensation back in our sences... LAKERS BABY!
LakersGyrl2003

Re: ITS BEEN A GREAT SEASON. GOOD JOB LAKERS!!

Postby FirstLady on Thu May 15, 2003 8:11 pm

Lakers4Ever wrote:.....PEACE OUT LAKER FANS!!

So does this mean we won't hear from you until the start of next season? Don't be a stranger. Hang out with us die hard fans!
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Re: ITS BEEN A GREAT SEASON. GOOD JOB LAKERS!!

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 8:14 pm

FirstLady wrote:
Lakers4Ever wrote:.....PEACE OUT LAKER FANS!!

So does this mean we won't hear from you until the start of next season? Don't be a stranger. Hang out with us die hard fans!

Hell yea... stay here... We all die hard fans over here...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers4Ever on Thu May 15, 2003 8:16 pm

IM VERY HEARTBROKEN RIGHT NOW AS IF I LOST A FRIEND. I'VE BEEN A FAN ALL MY LIFE AND TO SEE THEM ACTUALLY TEARING OUT THERE ON THE COURT JUST BREAKS MY HEART. BIG UPS TO LA THO FOR GIVING US A GOOD RUN IN THE PLAYOFFS. I EXPECT US TO COME BACK NEXT SEASON HEALTHY AND BACK IN THE TITLE CONTENTION. I'M NOT COUNTING US OUT JUST YET. IT'S ONLY ONE SEASON THAT WE DIDN'T MAKE IT. IT JUST HURTS RIGHT NOW.... ITS BEEN FUN.
Lakers4Ever

Postby Reddy on Thu May 15, 2003 8:17 pm

I cried too.
KObe and fisher were tearing and
well lets just hope we can be back next year
as kobe said next season starts now.
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 8:19 pm

Lakers4Ever wrote:IM VERY HEARTBROKEN RIGHT NOW AS IF I LOST A FRIEND. I'VE BEEN A FAN ALL MY LIFE AND TO SEE THEM ACTUALLY TEARING OUT THERE ON THE COURT JUST BREAKS MY HEART. BIG UPS TO LA THO FOR GIVING US A GOOD RUN IN THE PLAYOFFS. I EXPECT US TO COME BACK NEXT SEASON HEALTHY AND BACK IN THE TITLE CONTENTION. I'M NOT COUNTING US OUT JUST YET. IT'S ONLY ONE SEASON THAT WE DIDN'T MAKE IT. IT JUST HURTS RIGHT NOW.... ITS BEEN FUN.

I know... If feels like we personally know them, cuz we love them so much, and what they've given their die hard fans for the past 3 years... We're no fluke, we came out as champs and loss to a younger team tonight. It hurts to see our team lose, the team we've been following for many years, cuz thats how tru fans experience their pain. But we got years to look forward to, and this organization isn't ever gonna change. The players, and coached will, but just the fact that they bare the Lakers logo, is enough for me to love, and be a part of. :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers4Ever on Thu May 15, 2003 8:20 pm

DUDE!! I'M STILL TEARING!! GOSH THIS IS REALLY HEARTBREAKING... FIRST WE LOSE CHICK, THEN FOX, THEN WE'RE ALL HURT, THEN PHIL HAS THAT SURGERY, THEN THIS? WOW SO OVERWHELMING TO ALL OF US LAKER FANS RIGHT NOW. I KNOW I NEED TO BE STRONG. GO LAKERS!!! #1
Lakers4Ever

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 8:34 pm

Lakers4Ever wrote:DUDE!! I'M STILL TEARING!! GOSH THIS IS REALLY HEARTBREAKING... FIRST WE LOSE CHICK, THEN FOX, THEN WE'RE ALL HURT, THEN PHIL HAS THAT SURGERY, THEN THIS? WOW SO OVERWHELMING TO ALL OF US LAKER FANS RIGHT NOW. I KNOW I NEED TO BE STRONG. GO LAKERS!!! #1

THANK YOU!!! dayam.. It hurts to lose so much this season.. But it was all ment to happen and for us to overcome.. We'll find ourselves with plenty more tyme to dwell on this pain, and suffering as an organization... Dayam we been through so much!!! I'm glad to see Reddy back here too... But it just hurts so dayam much... I'm SO GLAD that we have eachother here to feel our pain and misery, cuz we're all going through the same triumphs as Lakers DIE Hard fans :man6:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers4Ever on Thu May 15, 2003 8:38 pm

Theyre interviewing Kobe right now at the NBA podium on NBATV, and he's still tearing a bit. He starting reminiscing about their first championship win and he says he's ready to start the season again. What a sad moment. =(
Lakers4Ever

Stayin' around baby,

Postby caliown on Thu May 15, 2003 8:38 pm

I just want to say to all you fellow die hard fans (cause that is what you are, Die hard) that I appreciate a website like this. Also I am at work right now and I had a 2.5 inch TV under my desk watching the game when I wasn't supposed to. But I am sad, and at the same time excited about what we have coming next year. Arrogance becomes motivation, and Celebration becomes preparation.I just learned about this site about two months ago, and I was so excited I had somewhere to vent all my feelings about this wonderful Franchise. This is still the greatest Franchise in basketball and I was upset with horry but this team ran out of talent at the end of this year. Next year the only reason I will still be upset is if the same team that walked off the court tonight walked on the court on opening night. All the love to the purple and gold of L.A.!!! :bow:
Last edited by caliown on Thu May 15, 2003 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
caliown

Postby BDG on Thu May 15, 2003 8:39 pm

This still was a hell of a season. No one even expected us to MAKE the playoffs. We even almost got the 4th seed. I was really looking forward to a Lakers-Kings matchup but it looks like it wouldn't have happened even if the lakers DID win.

We'll be back next year for 4 out of 5!!!!!!!!!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby skillz08lakeshow! on Thu May 15, 2003 8:46 pm

We will be back next year.... to much stuff happen this year with our team. I'm still a Laker for Life.... Fan since 1980....... We Love LA We love it. Great Season lets bring back the championship next year..... I hope Dallas beats the Kings.....

Lakeshow!
skillz08lakeshow!

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Thu May 15, 2003 8:49 pm

It hurts.

This truly hurts. I just garnered enough strength just to go to this site and write to you guys.

What kills is I have to study right now for a midterm in UCLA tomorrow.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu May 15, 2003 9:22 pm

Thank you for everything in the past four years, it has truly been amazing. Thank you...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 10:48 pm

Lakers4Ever wrote:Theyre interviewing Kobe right now at the NBA podium on NBATV, and he's still tearing a bit. He starting reminiscing about their first championship win and he says he's ready to start the season again. What a sad moment. =(

Aww man... I missed that... Today mah sis' got the 2002 Lakers Championship DVD (since we just got a DVD player) and I popped it in after the loss today. So I'm finally back up here on the site.. Dayam that DVD was so inspirational, and at the same time, heartbreaking. Hearing Chick's voice, and seeing the last championship was hard. But it only reminds me how sweet it is to be number one, and how much effort, heart, desire, and will it takes to be called WORLD CHAMPIONS for the 3rd straight time.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby 4Rings on Thu May 15, 2003 10:55 pm

I am nauseous and have just stopped crying. Boy, it's been so long to have felt this way, huh? We had t battle all season with injuries and off court goings on and things of that nature and maybe this is a good thing that they can finally have an offseason and reevaluate some things.

Kupchak and Buss have to do something. Starting with a power forward and a point guard to help Fish out. A reliable bench player wouldn't hurt either. Maybe now the Lakers will take the regular season seriously and not f around when they play the bad teams. They have something to motivate them next year. If we can get the right pieces in this puzzle next year, I fully expect a fourth championship in five years for this Lakers franchise. It all feels so unreal. This can't be happening and yet it is. At least we have each other!

:man6:
4Rings

It's been a great season. Good job Lakers.

Postby LakerLady on Thu May 15, 2003 11:03 pm

I got home from the game a while ago and have been having a good cry, along with the other Laker fans. Don't know whether ABC covered it, but the remaining fans stood and cheered continually from about 2:26 left until the end. Then we watched as Shaq, Kobe, and company congratulated the Spurs. On the way out, all of us die-hard fans and Staples workers consoled each other and wished each other a great summer.

We listened to Kobe, D'Fish (who thanked the fans for all their love and support), Rob, and others on the post-game show. To a person, all of the Lakers were gracious in defeat. That's what's so special to me about the Lakers -- from the organization, to the players, to the fans, we're all about class. No one complained about the officiating (unlike other teams we know) or made excuses, and each gave credit to San Antonio, including Jack!

What a magical run the guys have given us, and it's not over yet. Most NBA fans never get to see their teams win one championship, much less three in a row. For now, I'm pulling for New Jersey, seeing as how Byron is a Laker in Nets clothing.

We know all the Laker family will come back next year stronger, more determined, and ready to make another run. Never underestimate the heart of a back-to-back-to-back champion!
LakerLady

Re: It's been a great season. Good job Lakers.

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 11:10 pm

LakerLady wrote:I got home from the game a while ago and have been having a good cry, along with the other Laker fans. Don't know whether ABC covered it, but the remaining fans stood and cheered continually from about 2:26 left until the end. Then we watched as Shaq, Kobe, and company congratulated the Spurs. On the way out, all of us die-hard fans and Staples workers consoled each other and wished each other a great summer.

We listened to Kobe, D'Fish (who thanked the fans for all their love and support), Rob, and others on the post-game show. To a person, all of the Lakers were gracious in defeat. That's what's so special to me about the Lakers -- from the organization, to the players, to the fans, we're all about class. No one complained about the officiating (unlike other teams we know) or made excuses, and each gave credit to San Antonio, including Jack!

What a magical run the guys have given us, and it's not over yet. Most NBA fans never get to see their teams win one championship, much less three in a row. For now, I'm pulling for New Jersey, seeing as how Byron is a Laker in Nets clothing.

We know all the Laker family will come back next year stronger, more determined, and ready to make another run. Never underestimate the heart of a back-to-back-to-back champion!

Thank you!!! I'm trying to keep it cool here, cuz it hurts so bad! We both feel the pain that others are trying to deal with, it's like emptiness in the bottom of ur stomach... It hurts so much.. But I'm grateful for what they have given us in the past 3 years, especially this year. I got mad when I saw fans leaving, and empty seats. That's not what being a tru fan is all about! Thanx for staying there, and representing the tru Lakers fans on this board especially for the die hard female fans...

I'm also gonna root for the Nets, cuz of Byron. He's a Lakers at heart, and I'm hopin the Nets will make it past Philly or the Pistons. He has a very talented team, and I wanna see Byron get another ring. Even though the west is stronger there's a beast in the east, and that's the nets....
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers4Ever on Fri May 16, 2003 12:09 am

Whew!! 3 hours after the terrible loss, and I'm still hurting!! I've had my TV stuck on NBATV ever since and it keeps on repeating the highlights of the game and the post game interviews w/ Kobe. It hurts to see Kobe and Fisher shed tears the way they did. Every time I see that replay, I start tearing myself. This loss will be stuck on me for a long time. I'm still very proud of our LA Lakers!! I will definitely miss seeing certain faces in the Laker uniform, whoever they decide to let go. Through the ups and downs, all the injuries, wins and defeats, I will always be a true Laker fan!!

2003-2004 season here we come!!!
Lakers4Ever

ITS BEEN A GREAT SEASON GOOD JOB LAKERS

Postby STC on Fri May 16, 2003 12:55 am

I didn't think the Spurs had it in them. But even in defeat I'd rather be a Laker fan. I love this team and it hurts, but we've accomplished alot over the last 3 years, and we need to appreciate that. Seeing Kobe and D-Fish broken up after the game should tell you something about what's important to these guys. In an age where we constantly hear about how all pro athelets are interested in is money and fame, you see a couple of guys with multiple rings hurting cause they wanted more. I've got no doubts about this teams desire, in fact this is probably the moment that will drive Kobe to be even greater than he already is.

Also, one note on the fans at Staples. Everyone thinks of us as front runners, and that we go to games to be seen. But the fans were great by giving it up to the Lakers at the end.
STC

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 16, 2003 1:30 am

It takes a lot to win 3 in row, and we all know the Bulls did it three times, with the Mighty MJ and Phil. They had their role players, we have ours, and we need to get better at what we do best. It hurts still so much right now, I havent felt like this since the Spurs swept us in the lockout season. That hurt a lot... But with failure comes success, and Kobe doesn't ever wanna feel this way again! He has the heart of a champion, and he's still the tru MVP of this league!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby GoldenEye on Fri May 16, 2003 1:44 am

Dynasty starts today, the ball is in your hands, Mitch!
Dynasty is not over, Lakers dynasty has begun!
GoldenEye

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion