ITS HALFTIME, MY QUESTION.WHO STOLE THE SOUL OF LAKERS?????

ITS HALFTIME, MY QUESTION.WHO STOLE THE SOUL OF LAKERS?????

Postby LALegacy on Wed May 07, 2003 8:13 pm

Right now the Spurs are playing with the same fire that the Lakers have displayed in the last few years and the Lakers are playing with that defeatist attitude that I have seen the Spurs often display in the playoff against the Lakes. Its almost as if someone has swapped the the soul and attitudes of these two teams. WTF??? I couldn't be mad if I at least saw some fight in the Lakers, but as of the first half there seems to be no fight in them? How many times do I have to see someone slash down the lane for a layup before someone at least fouls them, at least??? This is Gut check time for this team...they either play Defense or they will be going home in a 0-2 hole. Lets hope Phil can fire them up in the break....... :disagree: :mad1: :boxing1: :bang: :man2:
LALegacy

Postby BDG on Wed May 07, 2003 8:20 pm

they're making gionobli look like a superstar. sure he's good, but shaq is playing terrible on penetrations. help is coming waaay too late off of the pick & rolls and screens. i think we just caught bad luck with bruce bowen. he's hit 5 threes so far and he has 17. we can't allow another 60 point half like that. we miss devean george and rick fox, two of our best defenders. remember, don't turn your tv's off cuz anything is possible with the lakers!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LALegacy on Wed May 07, 2003 8:27 pm

I would never give up on the Lakers I am just upset because right now it looks like they have given up on themselves. No doubt, we are missing George and Fox, but still letting a team go straight to the layup drill 2 or 3 times down the court is ridiculous and is just pure lack of attention in my book.
LALegacy

Postby BDG on Wed May 07, 2003 8:36 pm

it doesn't even seem to be a lack of attention, sometimes it seems like it's a lack of heart. shaw can't keep up with his 37 year-old legs...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed May 07, 2003 8:50 pm

You have to give respect where it's due... Bowen 7/8 Threes at this point...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

i love the lakers but...

Postby crucifido on Wed May 07, 2003 8:50 pm

this team is going no further than this round guys. I love this team and have tried to be positive about the season. But this game caps it. They're too old, not athletic enough, too depleted by inury, not deep enough and just plain tired. It was a fun run but I think now we see why 4 in a row hasn't been done that often.

There's always next year. With the amazing crop of free agents available I completely expect them to come back to form . But as for now, I can see no positives to bring out of this horrific performance by the boys in purple and gold. At least thet get bumped by a team with some semblance of class (a.k.a. not the Queens).

Talk to you guys in the summer.
crucifido

Postby Guest on Wed May 07, 2003 8:50 pm

shoot man, when we play our pick up games at work during lunch time, we don't give up layups like that! I'll take my boss down to the hardwood before I give up an easy deuce man and I'm NOT being paid many millions to play!!! Yeah, it's miscommunication with the rooks in there, but dam, once is enough....close that lane down! :man7:

Postby Reddy on Wed May 07, 2003 8:53 pm

WE DOWN 31 NOW
COME BACK IN TEH FOURTH LAKERS
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby CreepingDeath on Wed May 07, 2003 8:54 pm

At least thet get bumped by a team with some semblance of class (a.k.a. not the Queens).

True that!!! If we have to lose....and dam I DON'T WANT TO....this is the team to do it to :man6:

I just pray that they can kick the dam Queens @ss come next round.... :jam2: :boxing1:
CreepingDeath

Postby Reddy on Wed May 07, 2003 8:56 pm

I DONT KNOW WHERE WE ARE
BUT WE GOTTA GET BACK AND CONTINUE TO BELIEVE
WE CAN DO IT!
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LALegacy on Wed May 07, 2003 8:58 pm

Man if I can least see some heart displayed in the forth then I can at least have some good feelings about this game. About the series I think its too early still to write the Lakers out of it, but this showing is bad and if this does inspire the Lakers with embarrasment then I don't know what will.
LALegacy

Postby crucifidop on Wed May 07, 2003 8:59 pm

Judging by the officiating in the first game and the way the refs are trying to get Shaq out of the game now and pump up Tim Duncan (like announcing his starting lineup for TNT himself before the game, what was that?) the Spurs seem like the golden child this year. It's Robinson's last year and Duncan has now gotten the MVP 2 years in a row when he didn't deserve it either of the two.

The Lakers had their turn in the sun for 3 years in a row. But the tide is shifting to San Antonio so Duncan can get a "real" championship this time and Robinson (chronically overrated in my opinion) can go out with a ring.

I don't think the Queens could handle them right now. It's hard playing against a team that has the momentum they're going to have once they finish off the Lakers.
crucifidop

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed May 07, 2003 8:59 pm

I think its too early still to write the Lakers out of it

Not for me, or is it? Im writing a new editorial (Hopefully to be released tommorow)...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby crucifido on Wed May 07, 2003 9:01 pm

I have NEVER written the Lakers out of any game or series before, but if you're honest with yourself, you have to acknowledge their chances are incredibly slim they'll survive this round - let alone the next.

They just don't have neough horses to run the race, no less finish it.
crucifido

Postby Reddy on Wed May 07, 2003 9:04 pm

HEY KEEP THE FAITH
WE CAN MAKE IT! :jam2:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LALegacy on Wed May 07, 2003 9:18 pm

I'm not saying that getting out of this series is not going to be hard as hell, but if this team has heart I still think they can turn it around. If the Lakes can go back to Staples and find their heart and their rhythm I think they still have a chance. Two games down is foreign territory for this team certainly, but look at all the teams this post season already that have overcome that deficit. Ask Portland and Detroit what it means to have heart! This is a 3-time champion ball club with a lot of pride and experience. Like Rudy T said never underestimate that.
LALegacy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 07, 2003 10:58 pm

Bowen was killing us with his treys... But look at it in perspective... He really wasn't shattering us, cuz after he hit his 4th or so, we were just down by 8 or something. So that's not really where the problems lie.. We contained Duncan pretty good, it's just they kept scoring ans scoring, and on every possession Shaq or Kobe got the ball, they were either called for an offensive foul, or missed free throw attempts. They had tons of fast break points and opportunites!!The Lakers just need to keep scoring at least at every possession, and cut the turnover ratio dramatically!! Their hearts seem to not be in the game, and when it is, it's too little, too late, u know? And when Pargo and Rush got it, it seemed to be a little uneasy, but they're the only ones who play full court press on these idiots... If we make them work to get the ball upcourt, like the wolves did against us, then maybe we can get some steals offa them!... COME ON!!!!!!!! LAKERS BABy!!! :man1:
LakersGyrl2003

Return to Lakers Discussion