Jermaine O'Neal Unlikely To Leave Pacers

Jermaine O'Neal Unlikely To Leave Pacers

Postby BDG on Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:02 am

Tuesday, July 8

Pacers close in on deal with O'Neal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

The first verbal commitment of the NBA offseason has yet to be made public with actual signings remaining forbidden until July 16, but the Indiana Pacers appear to be on the verge of taking Jermaine O'Neal's name off the list of available free agents.

Pacers president Donnie Walsh spent a good portion of his Monday discussing fine points with Arn Tellem, the agent for O'Neal, as sentiment grew around the league that O'Neal was virtually off the market.

Another sign? O'Neal's scheduled visits this week with the San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks have been canceled.

"Arn says (O'Neal) wants to be here, and we certainly want to get the contract done," Walsh told ESPN.com. "I feel good about (negotiations)."

Read More: http://espn.go.com/nba/columns/stein_marc/1577849.html

I'm very happy that he's probably staying with the Pacers. I honestly am glad he's not joining the Spurs frontcourt.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:04 am

Great great.... At least he's keep the east teams kinda strong...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakerqueen on Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:05 am

No kidding. It will be one less person to deal with on that team. And the East needs to maintain some sort of high quality basketball. (If that's at all possible to salvage anymore)
Lakerqueen

Postby BDG on Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:13 am

hey how'd this thread get moved, didn't I post it in the Smack section?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby lakers frizzo on Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:23 am

i just hope an east team can get a few good players like if boston got mourning and mabye another key player so the finals will be a real series.
nothing else realy matters.

and this may be the first time this has been brought up but; if shaq doesnt come back in dominant form this year and kinda coasts because of the big signings,will the topic of trading him to keep the team moving in the direction of building around kobe become a huge issue?and remember before you give me the "we'll never trade shaq" statement,that kobe becomes a free agent next year and think of next year when garnett becomes a free agent(and with gp and malone) would it be wise to start thinking of getting a team together that can win the next four to five titles than just the next one i say unless shaq regains the title of the most dominant player in the nba in 2004 that we should get what we can out of him in a trade for an allstar and draft picks that would free up enough cash to make a move for garnett. am i off my rocker or does that make sense?
but if he returns to 2000 form disreguard my statement and resign him and kobe to larry bird max contracts and make a move after shaq retires and we win the next four titles!
is shaq satisfied with three titles and continuing to blow up to 400 lbs or will he get the other hunger back and get down to 320 and win three more?? GO LAKERS 2004-06 CHAMPS!!!
lakers frizzo

Postby Reddy on Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:50 am

He wants to do it on his own.......he is a great player. great decision! he is gonna try to bring his team to the finals again! :D
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:45 am

BryantDunkGiant, It doesn't concern the Lakes at all and it's a trade rumor.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Laker brain on Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:20 am

he wont be an all star in the west, and wont be the man either in SA
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Return to Lakers Discussion