Jerry Buss has an undisclosed surgery

Jerry Buss has an undisclosed surgery

Postby Balance&Options24 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:17 pm

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-0812-lakers-jerry-buss-20120812,0,2208468.story?track=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=53295

By Broderick Turner

August 11, 2012, 5:35 p.m.
Lakers owner Jerry Buss underwent a surgical procedure Thursday, but the team would not provide many details.

"He did have surgery and it went fine," Lakers spokesman John Black said. "He's not home yet, but he's expected to make a full recovery."

Black would not discuss the procedure.

Buss' son, Jim, the Lakers' executive vice president of player personnel, on Friday told Times columnist T.J. Simers that his father got "out of surgery 14 hours ago" when the owner called Friday morning wanting details about the Lakers' acquisition of Dwight Howard from the Orlando Magic.

"I was with him [Thursday] night and he was basically incoherent and he was going to be like that for two or three days," Buss told Simers.

Jerry Buss, 78, was hospitalized in July for dehydration. He was also taken to a hospital in December to treat blood clots in his legs, which were attributed to excessive travel.

Buss has owned the Lakers since 1979, when he purchased the team along with the Forum, the NHL's Kings and a 13,000-acre ranch in Kern County for $67 million from Jack Kent Cooke.

Buss has since built the Lakers into one of the top empires in the sports world. The team has won 10 NBA championships under his stewardship and the franchise has been valued at $900 million by Forbes.

In recent years, Jerry Buss has gradually ceded more control of the Lakers to Jim and daughter Jeanie Buss, the team's executive vice president of business operations.

broderick.turner@latimes.com

twitter.com/BA_Turner
Copyright © 2012, Los Angeles Times

Hope for a speedy recovery Bossman!!!
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Re: Jerry Buss has an undisclosed surgery

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:20 pm

Balance&Options24 wrote:
Hope for a speedy recovery Bossman!!![/quote]
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby XXIV on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:20 pm

Get well soon doc!
XXIV

Postby checkers09 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:46 pm

A tweet from today.

Jeanie Buss ‏@JeanieBuss
For all those who asked, Dr. Buss is doing really well, even spending time visiting with Kobe yesterday. My dad's pumped for #Lakers season!

Glad he's doing better.

Yet as I watched him Monday, I could not help think how little it mattered and how right he is. He is not fading into the shadows. He does not know how to go out that way.[.]
checkers09

Postby D.B. Cooper on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:55 pm

Why is he keeping Kobe from working on his jump shot...
D.B. Cooper

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:56 pm

:jam2: :jam2: :bow: :bow:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:33 pm

I thought Kobe was still playing Rock Star in China only a couple days ago. Either he is home now and ready to get to work on this season with the new roster and all the things he and Nash and E. Jordan are going to come up with...... :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: ....or Jerry was feeling good enough to catch a red eye to China to say Hi to Kobe over there. Either scenario is fabulous news! Best sports owner EVER. Especially for not being a deep pocketed corporate conglomerate.....but rather family owned enterprise.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Well maybe third option....they visited on the phone. Gotta know that pumped Doc up and he and Kobe are mutual admiration duo of the highest order now....all those dark days post Shaq far behind them.
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:53 pm

^ Kobe is back in town from his China tour already. He posted a picture of himself working out with a dog he got from Germany or something.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:01 pm

I THINK BUSS GOT A HEART PROBLEM FROM ALL THE TALENT WE JUST SIGNED HE GOT STUCK BETWEEN ERECTION AND HEART PAIN TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT HE HAD HEALTH ISSUES FROM THE EXCITEMENT OF THE MOVES THEY JUST MADE :jam2:
PurpleNGold1

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:04 pm

checkers09 wrote:A tweet from today.

Jeanie Buss ‏@JeanieBuss
For all those who asked, Dr. Buss is doing really well, even spending time visiting with Kobe yesterday. My dad's pumped for #Lakers season!

Glad he's doing better.

^^ Great news. Dr. Buss is simply the greatest owner in sports.
Lakerjones

Return to Lakers Discussion