Jerry Stackhouse arrested on suspicion of assault

Jerry Stackhouse arrested on suspicion of assault

Postby 4Rings on Sun Jul 13, 2003 6:52 pm

ESPN.com news services

Washington Wizards guard Jerry Stackhouse was arrested Sunday on suspicion of assault stemming from an alleged disagreement with a real estate agent, ESPN has learned.

It is not known yet if Stackhouse has been formally charged.

The arrest stems from a supposed dispute with the agent over rented beach property in the Atlantic Beach, N.C., area that led to Stackhouse allegedly making contact with the female agent.

Stackhouse, an eight-year NBA veteran, just finished his first season with the Wizards after being acquired in a six-player trade with the Detroit Pistons that sent Richard Hamilton to Detroit. Stackhouse originally was drafted third overall in 1995 by the Philadelphia 76ers. He spent two-plus years in Philadelphia before being traded to Detroit.

Stackhouse was born about 70 miles from Atlantic Beach, in Kinston, N.C., and attended the University of North Carolina for two years before heading to the NBA.

Stackhouse has averaged 21.3 points and 4.1 rebounds per game in 582 career games.
If we are all thinking alike, then nobody is thinking!
4Rings

Postby murcielago62 on Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:00 pm

Dang! Everybody's getting in trouble these days. Hope's he's innocent. and what is suspicion to assault? Can't anybody who thinks be guilty of that? or was it just a pre-meditated assault?
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:21 pm

damn... its like a DOMINO EFFECT!!!! who's NEXT??? PHIL JACKSON for punching out his ZEN PRIEST?..... sheesh!!!! j/k
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:42 am

I was just gonna say that too... A domino effect... This is so ironic.... :man5:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby ZenMaster on Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:08 am

Sup murcielago,

Supposedly there was a disagreement over how long Stack could stay at a house he was renting. Stackhouse was told by a female employee of the property manager that he and his guests had to leave around 2:30 p.m. Sunday, but he apparently believed he had rented it until Monday...when Stack went to reach for the lease agreement she had, he grabbed her instead....she 'felt threatened' and left, went to the magistrate's office to take out a warrant for his arrest. He was then officially charged with assault, he posted $2,000 bond and was released.

What's next....
ZenMaster

Postby Dejaman on Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:11 pm

I think it's bullshyt....He snatched something from her and she presses charges? Give me a break,,, I guess that's what peope do these days...
Call the police...
It was a pretty immature move on his part, but I don't believe it should've have gotten him arrested...

I guess a lawsuit comes next..
You know for punitive damages and emotional distress?

It's pretty sad,,, If kobe is found innocent, I think that the woman who made those claims should be locked up....

There should be a law that says that if you make up phony allegations, then you should go to jail for the same amount of time that your accuser was facing...

That would cut out alot of the bullshyt.....

Laker soilders up
Hoes down
Dejaman

Return to Lakers Discussion