Jim Buss = End of the Lakers as we know them...

Re: Jim Buss = End of the Lakers as we know them...

Postby odom1year on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:32 pm

Jim should force Kobe passing the torch NOW !
odom1year

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:48 am

odom1year wrote:Jim should force Kobe passing the torch NOW !

Yes, because Jim Buss has mental powers over Kobe. :man11:
Boy, a couple of bad games and all the Kobe bashers come out of the woodworks.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby lakertonka on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:07 pm

Being friends with the Buss family definitely has its perks for the scouts! Chaz gets a job as a scout and Bonnie-Jill Laflin (scout) gets her boyfriend, former LA Laker Kareem Rush a job with the D-Fenders. Rush signing official on Monday. Are these the moves that are supposed to be making the Lakers better? Do we need another shooting guard?

lakertonka

Postby lakertonka on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:13 pm

KAREEM RUSH SIGNS WITH LA D-FENDERS

His girlfriend, the Lakers Scout, got him his job..... Does this factor into any of the Lakers rumored upcoming trades?

From the D-Fenders website:

http://www.nba.com/dleague/losangeles/1 ... mrush.html

EL SEGUNDO – The Los Angeles D-Fenders have acquired Kareem Rush from the NBA Development League’s available player pool, it was announced today.

Rush, a 6-5, 215 pound guard out of the University of Missouri, was selected in the first round of the 2002 NBA Draft (20th overall) by the Raptors before his rights were acquired by the Lakers in a draft day deal. A seven-year NBA veteran, Rush has appeared in 346 career games (78 starts) for the Lakers, Bobcats, Pacers, 76ers and Clippers, averaging 6.4 points (35.8 3FG%), 1.7 rebounds and 1.0 assists in 17.2 minutes.

A standout at Missouri, Rush was named First Team All-Big 12 in his sophomore and juniors seasons, becoming the first Tigers player to receive the honor twice. Additionally, Rush, who scored the third most points in a single season (712) in school history, helped lead the Tigers to the Elite 8 during his junior year (2002). Named Big 12 Freshman of the Year in 2000, Rush became the first freshman to lead the Tigers in scoring (19.8 points) during a conference season.

Rush is expected to be available when the D-Fenders take on the Idaho Stampede on Monday at Toyota Sports Center at 7 p.m.
lakertonka

Postby Vasashi17 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:19 pm

^^^ Holy ish...we just traded the Bean....didn't we?
He's headed to NY where Phil will take over.

Stop the Buss...I wanna get off now.

Seriously though, Goudelock/Ebanks may be on the way out....who knows. But of course, if you're going out with a Lakers scout, I'm sure there's benefits to that.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:23 pm

Hey Kareem welcome to CL and the Defenders. Nice job on getting your girl to get you back on the court. You aren't making the Lakers squad though but hey if you work hard you can be a solid CL poster :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

:man12:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby karacha on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:27 pm

^

Why not? He can shoot and spread the floor and is somewhat familiar with the triangle. :man10:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby odom1year on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:20 pm

KBJelleyBean24 wrote:
odom1year wrote:Jim should force Kobe passing the torch NOW !

Yes, because Jim Buss has mental powers over Kobe. :man11:
Boy, a couple of bad games and all the Kobe bashers come out of the woodworks.

Bynum has proved he is the best player of Lakers, and this is what Jim wants to see most.
odom1year

Postby 24K GOLD on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:55 pm

bump. Time to run this guy out of town. Jeanie and Jerry, save the franchise!!! :man6:
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:56 pm

that brown hiring. what in the high hell was being smoked that day....
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:10 pm

fklukewalton wrote:that brown hiring. what in the high hell was being smoked that day....

He must have been hanging out with Johnny Hopkins and Sloan Kettering.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby BDG on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:18 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
fklukewalton wrote:that brown hiring. what in the high hell was being smoked that day....

He must have been hanging out with Johnny Hopkins and Sloan Kettering.

:man10: :man10: :man10:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:20 pm

they were blazing that ish up every day :man10: :man10:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:28 pm

^^ For real. And we passed on Adelman for what reason exactly?
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoatMilk16 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:33 pm

Lakerjones wrote:

im guessing money, but who knows
I think Lazenby said Mitch wanted Adelman, but Jim wanted Brown
GoatMilk16

Postby GoldHammish on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:32 am

Lakerjones wrote:

To get DVDs.
GoldHammish

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:05 am

^^ Ouch. Well, as I said in another thread, I'm not going to pile on too much now. I'll give Brown and Buss (Jim) a pass on this hire until after the season has finished. I'll judge it fully at that time. However, come playoff time I really hope this guy improves as a coach. I have not been impressed so far.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:17 am

Lakerjones wrote:^^ Ouch. Well, as I said in another thread, I'm not going to pile on too much now. I'll give Brown and Buss (Jim) a pass on this hire until after the season has finished. I'll judge it fully at that time. However, come playoff time I really hope this guy improves as a coach. I have not been impressed so far.

judging by Clev flop in the playoff when it mattered most, I'm gona say he wont be making these improvements that you're expecting.
khmrP

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:34 am

khmrP wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:^^ Ouch. Well, as I said in another thread, I'm not going to pile on too much now. I'll give Brown and Buss (Jim) a pass on this hire until after the season has finished. I'll judge it fully at that time. However, come playoff time I really hope this guy improves as a coach. I have not been impressed so far.

judging by Clev flop in the playoff when it mattered most, I'm gona say he wont be making these improvements that you're expecting.

That would be my gut instinct as well as my knee jerk reaction thus far. However, I'm going to hold off judgement until I actually see the results. Nothing has happened definitively thus far. It's still the regular season. On top of it, this team is straight up better than that Cleveland team IMO. But of course it falls on Brown to utilize the pieces. We'll see how he does. I'm not counting him or us out yet. Got to watch the whole season.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby 24K GOLD on Fri May 11, 2012 7:52 am

So how's your Bynum-centric and "I want to build my own legacy with the Lakers" experiment going, Jim-boy?
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Postby brickshooter on Fri May 11, 2012 8:03 am

IMHO, the Lakers should visit their old plan.

Move Bynum and whatever is needed for DHoward in the off season. Both players have overstayed their welcome. Then aggressively pursue CP3 to pull him from the Clippers when Kobe retires.
brickshooter

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri May 11, 2012 8:17 am

brickshooter wrote:IMHO, the Lakers should visit their old plan.

Move Bynum and whatever is needed for DHoward in the off season. Both players have overstayed their welcome. Then aggressively pursue CP3 to pull him from the Clippers when Kobe retires.

I'll take D12 and Ryan Anderson for 2000 Alex.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Fri May 11, 2012 9:25 am

24K GOLD wrote:So how's your Bynum-centric and "I want to build my own legacy with the Lakers" experiment going, Jim-boy?

Hilarious. It's the owner's fault that he's supported a player who has the talent to be the best center in the league for the next decade? C'moooon, maaaan! :bang:

Any problem with Drew's attitude lies between his ears. No one in their right mind actually thinks Jim Buss is telling Drew he can do whatever he wants to the point of detriment to our team, right? :freak2:
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby kray28 on Fri May 11, 2012 9:30 am

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
24K GOLD wrote:So how's your Bynum-centric and "I want to build my own legacy with the Lakers" experiment going, Jim-boy?

Hilarious. It's the owner's fault that he's supported a player who has the talent to be the best center in the league for the next decade? C'moooon, maaaan! :bang:

Any problem with Drew's attitude lies between his ears. No one in their right mind actually thinks Jim Buss is telling Drew he can do whatever he wants to the point of detriment to our team, right? :freak2:

Jimmy's support enables Bynum's spoiled brat "untouchable" persona. Absolutely. Making a clown out Brown with the three pointer, standing up Mitch. He got nothing but wrist slaps for it.
kray28

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Fri May 11, 2012 9:45 am

kray28 wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:

Jimmy's support enables Bynum's spoiled brat "untouchable" persona. Absolutely. Making a clown out Brown with the three pointer, standing up Mitch. He got nothing but wrist slaps for it.

Brown yanked him from that three pointer game you referenced. Benching our 2nd best player for almost an entire 2nd half isn't a punishment? Also, he was fined for standing up Mitch. These insubordinate acts aren't being brushed over, but met with quick and necessary reprimands.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion