Jim Buss = End of the Lakers as we know them...

Re: Jim Buss = End of the Lakers as we know them...

Postby revgen on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:02 am

OX1947 wrote:
revgen wrote:We're not going to move on if we keep blaming the "CP3 veto". It's over and done with.

It isn't about being over and done with it, it's about people being blamed every day and being called names for it. I think many have subjective vision and blame "Jim Buss" and anyone who isnt Phil Jackson on how the organization is run. While you have coaches who are coaches of the year and taking their teams to Conference title series and still getting fired. All that and you have great coaches like Greg pop who make bone head decisions that cost their teams titles. It's just a whirlwind of adelesant nonsense that continues to build and clouds what needs to be done.

It's funny how Jim Buss gets the blame that no one wants to be in LA to play for the Lakers, go ask Mike Brown that questions and his kids. Why they wanted to go back to Cleveland. Because fans, being the pieces of crap that they are, the lot of them, they are over there bugging them in their personal lives and making fun of people for a freakin sport. Maybe Laker fans are the problem, not Jim Buss in that no one wants to be here.

Jim Buss can receive blame for what he does. He gets involved with trying to be the GM instead of letting the GM and his staff do their jobs. I'll give him credit for wanting to spend money and not being a cheapskate, but he needs to leave decision-making to the people who understand basketball.

Mike Brown is not the kind of coach who's incompetence would be tolerated in LA. In Cleveland, the home of the Cleveland Browns, it's a different story. That's why Mitch wanted Adelman. But of course, Jimbo overrules him. Does that excuse fans from being mean to Mike's kids? No, but on the same token, Mike shouldn't have talked about his kids so much on TV. All he did was talk about his son playing high school football. Keep your private life private.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby charvin on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:07 am

You're right. I think he's emulating too much ala NFL's Dallas Cowboys owner, Jerry Jones. Wants to have a say even in the little things when all you should be doing is writing cheques and let your personnel do their job properly. Let Mitch do the hiring and trading because that's what he's paid to do, roster-wise or coach-wise.

revgen wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
revgen wrote:We're not going to move on if we keep blaming the "CP3 veto". It's over and done with.

It isn't about being over and done with it, it's about people being blamed every day and being called names for it. I think many have subjective vision and blame "Jim Buss" and anyone who isnt Phil Jackson on how the organization is run. While you have coaches who are coaches of the year and taking their teams to Conference title series and still getting fired. All that and you have great coaches like Greg pop who make bone head decisions that cost their teams titles. It's just a whirlwind of adelesant nonsense that continues to build and clouds what needs to be done.

It's funny how Jim Buss gets the blame that no one wants to be in LA to play for the Lakers, go ask Mike Brown that questions and his kids. Why they wanted to go back to Cleveland. Because fans, being the pieces of crap that they are, the lot of them, they are over there bugging them in their personal lives and making fun of people for a freakin sport. Maybe Laker fans are the problem, not Jim Buss in that no one wants to be here.

Jim Buss can receive blame for what he does. He gets involved with trying to be the GM instead of letting the GM and his staff do their jobs. I'll give him credit for wanting to spend money and not being a cheapskate, but he needs to leave decision-making to the people who understand basketball.

Mike Brown is not the kind of coach who's incompetence would be tolerated in LA. In Cleveland, the home of the Cleveland Browns, it's a different story. That's why Mitch wanted Adelman. But of course, Jimbo overrules him. Does that excuse fans from being mean to Mike's kids? No, but on the same token, Mike shouldn't have talked about his kids so much on TV. All he did was talk about his son playing high school football. Keep your private life private.
charvin

Postby OX1947 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:15 am

Why did Dr Buss leave the team to him then if he is an incompetent slob?
OX1947

Postby revgen on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:24 am

OX1947 wrote:Why did Dr Buss leave the team to him then if he is an incompetent slob?

I don't know. I'm not a mind reader.

My guess is that he loved his son, and his personal bias blinded him from evaluating his son's ability to run a team.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby havoc33 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:56 am

From Adande's piece on ESPN:

Howard should have realized word would get out. He'd already told people which direction he was going. I spoke to one of them. The person said Howard told him he was leaving L.A. because he didn't want to play for Mike D'Antoni and because, well, let's just say Jim Buss was less than impressive during the Lakers' meeting with Howard.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9454018/nba-usual-fashion-dwight-howard-waffles-way-los-angeles
havoc33

Postby lakersfever on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:22 pm

OX1947 wrote:Why did Dr Buss leave the team to him then if he is an incompetent slob?

He doesn't have many choices. It's either Johnny or Jimmy. Jeanie doesn't know much about basketball. If the Buss siblings are smart, they would sell the Lakers. Hopefully, the new ownership will be much more competent. As it looks right now, things are just gonna get worse. I'm terrified at every single decision Jim Buss makes. I have absolutely no confidence in his ability to run the Lakers organization.
Last edited by lakersfever on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakersfever

Postby Fly Like A Mosquito Bite on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:24 pm

havoc33 wrote:From Adande's piece on ESPN:

Howard should have realized word would get out. He'd already told people which direction he was going. I spoke to one of them. The person said Howard told him he was leaving L.A. because he didn't want to play for Mike D'Antoni and because, well, let's just say Jim Buss was less than impressive during the Lakers' meeting with Howard.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9454018/nba-usual-fashion-dwight-howard-waffles-way-los-angeles

Dwight gave up 30 million to go somewhere else. It speaks volumes about our ownership and coach.
Fly Like A Mosquito Bite

Postby Weezy on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:34 pm

lakersfever wrote:

He doesn't have many choices. It's either Johnny or Jimmy. Jeanie doesn't know much about basketball. If the Buss siblings are smart, they would sell the Lakers. Hopefully, the new ownership will be much more competent. As it looks right now, things are just gonna get worse. I'm terrified at every single decision Jim Buss makes. I have absolutely no confidence in his ability to run the Lakers organization.

Jeanie could have HIRED people that know about basketball though, and let them do their thing with no Jim in the way. I'm not going to blame this on Jerry though, he wanted his team to be left to his kids, he wanted it to stay a family run organization. So far it hasn't been great, but it doesn't look like Jim is going anywhere, so we just have to hope he gets better and learns as the years go by. And if he fails over and over doing it his way, maybe he will loosen up on his pride and ego and bring in some basketball minds to help eventually.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Pig Miller on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:42 pm

it's gotta be an insecurity issue with jim.

at some point, he's going to realize that he's still going to get credit, no matter if it's mitch or phil or anyone else who is the mastermind behind the team.

i'd love to see kobe and phil make one more run at a title.
Pig Miller

Dr. Jerry Buss did not do any favor to his lifelong LA fans

Postby Amoray on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:46 pm

If indeed Dr. Buss cares his loyal fans as they all care about the direction and future of the franchise in Southern California and around the world, Dr. Buss should have arranged outside executives who can run the franchise under the ownership of his kids and his kids should not have been involved in the matter except collecting their checks. Dr. Buss made huge mistake to leave his lifelong hard work with his kid who cannot take care of his own body let alone to compete with the sharpest mind of NBA owners and GM around the country. Remember that most of the NBA owners are the sharpest mind who made millions or billions in business and Jimbo Bust did not earn a single cent in his life except he has been fed by a silver spoon of Lakers franchise cannot compete with them.

Fans and ex players of the Lakers franchise should come out to force Jimbo Bust to resign and let the brightest mind executives run the show or sale the franchise to someone they think can run the franchise as close as to Dr. Buss did for the sake of all Lakers fans around the world. This organization should not be destroyed by one grass eater look like he came out from the cancer hospital yesterday.
Amoray

Postby dak22 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:47 pm

Fly Like A Mosquito Bite wrote:

Dwight gave up 30 million to go somewhere else. It speaks volumes about our ownership and coach.

After this woj piece on dwight:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--rockets-give-dwight-howard-what-lakers--kobe-wouldn-t--unconditional-love-061137592.html

Dwight leaving says more about himself than the franchise. Jimmy was an idiot for not hiring Phil, but giving Dwight any input would've been the dumbest thing he's ever done for this organization.
dak22

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:50 pm

Part of me understands all the backseat quarterbacking we play when it comes to Jim Buss. I just can't hate the guy like most here for a couple of reasons.

1. Every person in the org we, the fans, have hated at one point or another for being incompetent, idiotic, moronic, uncaring, undeserving or a myriad of other things. I remember:
Jerry Buss: Fans calling for his head and insisting we needed Mark Cuban to buy our team because he was a better owner who cared more about his team than poker.

Mitch: People wishing him dead because he wasn't Jerry West. In fact many wouldn't give him credit for anything Lakers related until the Pau trade which coined the term "magic wand."

Phil: Many said he was too old and too out of touch to run the team and needed to be replaced by a hardnosed defensive coach like Sloan. Also, Phil was costing the team with his idiotic subs and his need for having big gaurds and not playing rookies.

Kobe: Only cares about stats. Could careless about the team. Needs to pass the torch. Needs to play better. Needs to be amnestied. Needs to retire. etc..etc..etc..

I mean I could literally go down the whole team and talk about how much they have failed us. Hell there are people who think the Lakers are done as a team for the next 5 years at least. Jim Buss is going to go through his crap because this is unprecedented times for the Lakers org. I may be fool hearty but I trust that the Lakers FO are doing what they need to do to 1) get under the cap and 2) rebuild the team. Jim and Co will make mistakes in hindsight but they will also make successes even if by accident.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Re: Dr. Jerry Buss did not do any favor to his lifelong LA fans

Postby Phil XI on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:53 pm

He just left the bball decisions in the hands of the wrong child. Jeanie, Phil, Mitch wouldve had this isht under control.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby Weezy on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:56 pm

Merged "Dr. Jerry Buss did not do any favor to his lifelong LA fans" with this one, it is the exact same topic/discussion.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby greetings_human on Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:13 pm

Fly Like A Mosquito Bite wrote:

I feel like the 30 million doesn't mean THAT much. His contract with the Rockets lets him opt-out in 2016 (in 3 years, yes its possible Dwightmare isn't over, just postponed...). Unless he suffers a devastating injury, I find it hard to believe he wont be able to secure another extended max contract. Dwight said hes "betting 30 million" on winning a Championship in Houston, but I'm sure he worked out the numbers and realized that hes not really abandoning 30 million.
greetings_human

Postby davchild on Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:37 pm

This may seem like it's out of nowhere, but I was going to post this as a defense of sorts for Jerry Buss on the thread that was trashing him for bestowing so much power to Jim. It's locked now, so I figured that since I spent twenty minutes typing it up, I'd put it here. If it's interrupting another discussion, I'll go back in my corner and be quiet :)

I think it looks bleak now, but if I allow myself some optimism, I'm hoping that this period will be viewed more favorably in a few years.

Not too long ago, it felt like Jim Buss was the trust-fund baby who valued lowering the luxury tax bill over winning, stubbornly refused to part ways with his pet project in Andrew Bynum, and hated all things Phil Jackson. With the CP3 fiasco, the Nash trade, and the Dwight saga, he, at least momentarily, seemed more flexible than thought on spending and showed a modicum of maturity in sending out Bynum for the gamble on Howard.

With the peculiar hiring and firing of Mike Brown and the shoddy treatment of Phil Jackson, Jim displayed the behavior of a spoiled child, and that, along with hiss arrogance, ultimately cost the Lakers, at least in the short run (as evidenced by Dwight Howard's revelation that he requested Phil as coach).

In a perfect world, this would be the best scenario. Jim's human. I don't think he resents his father in any way, but I think it's reasonable to expect someone in his position to prove to his family, his detractors, and ultimately himself that he can 'be his own man' and experience success that came so easily to his father. Insecurity has to play a large role in this: Jim probably spent his life working towards/dreaming of a day in which he can take the reins from his father, yet Phil Jackson's presence undermines his ability to do so. Putting yourself in his shoes, you can sort of see where he's coming from: My legendary father retires, yet an equally legendary coach is in a long-term relationship with my sister, has ingratiated himself with our franchise, and publicly reveals that he's seeking a position that, for better or worse, I've been afforded the opportunity to hold? Especially considering Phil's penchant for manipulating the media (I love the guy, but it's true), I can see Jim's trepidation.

So, we have examples of Jim's maturation (willing to spend on premier talent, parting with Bynum), but it's tempered by lingering immaturity (his relationship with Phil). Hopefully, the Dwight Howard situation will further Jim's, let's say, humbling. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I, for one, anticipated more from the Lakers meeting with Dwight - their insistence on having "the last word" coupled with rumors of surprises led me to believe that had a slew of aces up their sleeves, and I thought at least one was Phil Jackson (the idea of him leaving town so close to the meeting seemed like an obvious 'let's throw off the scent and surprise Dwight' maneuver).

Given what we know, I think that Jim viewed the situation either arrogantly - 'We're the Lakers, that's enough of a pitch' - or with hesitance, sort of the 'I'm lukewarm on Dwight, but I guess we kind of have to go after him.' Maybe it was both, and to be frank, that's how I felt.

I vacillated between 'It's the Lakers, we don't beg, to hell with him,' and 'Dwight's our best, realistic shot at maximizing Kobe's final years,' but I never thought 'LA locks him up, the Lakers have locked up elite status for years.' Like many, I found Howard's free-agent attractiveness more appealing than his game.

I love Jeanie, and I realize that has head of marketing, her decision to go with the billboards and essentially beg for Dwight has more to do with the state of today's league and her need to go all in for any Lakers-related endeavors than it necessarily did with her belief in Dwight Howard, player, but I feel like, giving everyone the benefit of the doubt, if we aren't perturbed at her for #StayD12, then we shouldn't be perturbed at Jim for losing Dwight.

Again, as the Phil thing demonstrates, he's still a brat in many ways, but I think the possibility does exist that Phil's absence at the meeting and this season has something to do with Jim not totally being sold on Dwight. He's not a moron. If having Phil at the meeting was a slam-dunk move to get Dwight, and Jim truly wanted Dwight back, Phil would have been there. After all, if Jim was just so totally opposed to avoiding Phil at the expense of the franchise, why did the team even acknowledge the option of hiring Phil back in November? Maybe it was to embarrass the man - it's a possibility. But maybe, Jim's doesn't necessarily hate Phil so much as he dislikes him, never believed in Dwight, and shuddered at the idea of having to stand in Phil's shadow while watching Dwight underachieve for the next five years.

Obviously, the next year or two will be very telling for the direction of the franchise with Jim at the helm. But I was among those who thought that if Dwight re-signed, then awesome, he's got bigger stones than I thought, but if he doesn't, he was never Laker material anyway. Maybe that's how Jim felt too. And if that's the case, he's at least showing some restraint in allowing Mitch and the Lakers PR staff to pursue him so vigorously, which is good for the franchise. If not, then his remaining immaturity may have allowed the organization to dodge a bullet in Dwight, and this experience will hopefully prove to be a humbling experience from which he'll grow.

I appreciate anyone who took the time to read this novel. I'm a big-time lurker here, and any time I try to contribute to the discussion, I'm hesitant to tip my toe in the water - in the 1100+ page Dwight thread, it just felt weird to chime in mid-discussion seemingly out of nowhere. I tell you this so no one sees my post count, reads this defense of Jim Buss, and thinks that I'm working as Jim's intern, earning college credit by laying the groundwork of his redemption among Lakers fans.
davchild

Postby Weezy on Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:12 pm

^^^ it's not locked

Weezy wrote:Merged "Dr. Jerry Buss did not do any favor to his lifelong LA fans" with this one, it is the exact same topic/discussion.

So your post fits exactly where it's supposed to be.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby jlkr on Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:19 pm

Many fans including myself were not exactly sold on locking D12 up for 5 years. Really not that sorry to see him go. And I have speculated elsewhere that perhaps the ownership wasn't exactly enthusiastic either, hence the unwillingness to let MDA go or bring Phil to the meeting. Or both. My feeling is that the Lakers' effort was mostly for show, but half-hearted underneath it all. So I refuse to blame Cap Boy for letting D12 go. D12 let himself go and management sensed that almost from the beginning of the D12 experiment.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

ESPN: Jim Buss making Lakers unattractive (bring in Jeanie)

Postby Hello Clark on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:11 pm

From Lg by Espn.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9458526

Stephen A. Smith:

The respect that Dr. Buss garnered and brought to the Lakers franchise is the most unparalleled success story you'll ever see in sports. But that brings us to Jim Buss and Mike D'Antoni.

Jim Buss is running the Lakers operations, not Dr. Buss.

Remember when Jim hired Mike Brown when Kobe had been pulling for Brian Shaw? So Jim ignored Kobe Bryant, number 1.

Then Jim brings in Mike D'Antoni on a Sunday night after backdooring Phil Jackson after promising to wait for him on Monday.

This is after Dwight Howard telling Lakers management he would love Phil Jackson.

Jim Buss ignore that too. So all of this leading up to the Dwight becoming a free agent, were things the Lakers paid no attention to.

You know why Jim did that? You know why they ignored that? Because they said "We're the Lakers, that's what we do."

But they're NOT the Lakers, they're not the same team Dr. Buss ran. It's not Mitch Kupchack's fault - this guy knows basketball, he knows what he's doing, it's Jim Buss.

Phil Jackson came to this show (Mike & Mike) on national airwaves told everyone that Lakers told him Mike D'Antoni was a better coach/fit than he was, then started laughing.

It's a mistake that Jim Buss is running the Lakers basketball operation, his direction is very big mistake to begin with.

If Jeanie Buss was running basketball operations, Phil Jackson would be with the Lakers, and Dwight Howard would still be a Laker.

But Jim Buss wants things run his way, that is why Dwight is gone. At the core of this problem, was that he didn't have a coach in place that calibre players didn't want to play for. That's the problem with the Lakers.

The Lakers are now a different franchise. They are NOT the Lakers of old. This is not the same Lakers. As long as he's running the Lakers franchise, his ego, not getting along with Phil, not acquiescing with Jeanie, Jim's ego will get in the way with making sound basketball decision. Jim is making the Lakers franchise far more unattractive.

If Lakers Nation want to move forward, they better get Jeanie Buss in there to make concrete decisions, not Jim Buss' ego to keep getting in the way.

Hello Clark

Re: ESPN: Jim Buss making Lakers unattractive (bring in Jeanie)

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:15 pm

no, Screamin A Smith...Dwight is gone because he's a lil female dog and deep down, the Lakers weren't 100% sold on that flip flopping teenage girl to lead the franchise in the next 5 years

if they did, they would have succumbed to his demands and kept him
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Re: ESPN: Jim Buss making Lakers unattractive (bring in Jeanie)

Postby Punk-101 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:18 pm

This can go in the Jim Buss thread. Actually, all trade rumors, FA ideas, Melo, threads should go in the Jim Buss end of the lakers thread, lol, because everything i read is so darn depressing.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby Weezy on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:27 pm

Merged the "Jim Buss is making the Lakers unattractive" thread with this one, as it's the same discussion, and the threads would end up redundant.

On topic, I tend to agree with that statement, because here we are on July 8th and we have yet to get a single free agent to commit to sign here. I don't know a better way to describe the Lakers right now than 'unattractive'. I can't put that all on Jim, and I don't agree with everything Stephen A said, but we are clearly not an attractive place for players to come right now. We will see if that remains true once we have tons of money to offer free agents next offseason. If nobody wants to come here even then, then I would guess that yes Jim Buss is making the team into a place players don't want to come. The Brown hiring, then firing, then 'Antoni hiring has to be a big part of that.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:30 pm

The Lakers did take a huge chance on Dwight...they didnt think he'd walk away from $30 mil and it backfired. Thats why they gave up all those picks to get him and Nash because they thought as long as you have Dwight you'd be able to get through Kobe's last years and transition to the 2014 summer where you have a ton of capspace. They didnt fire MDA because they knew he'd find another excuse if its not MDA to leave...you give him an inch he'll ask for a mile with unreasonable demands, it will never end. I guess this marriage wasn't gonna work but we need to start making moves to get the better end of things...like how the Shaq/Lakers saga did

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:47 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Part of me understands all the backseat quarterbacking we play when it comes to Jim Buss. I just can't hate the guy like most here for a couple of reasons.

1. Every person in the org we, the fans, have hated at one point or another for being incompetent, idiotic, moronic, uncaring, undeserving or a myriad of other things. I remember:
Jerry Buss: Fans calling for his head and insisting we needed Mark Cuban to buy our team because he was a better owner who cared more about his team than poker.

Mitch: People wishing him dead because he wasn't Jerry West. In fact many wouldn't give him credit for anything Lakers related until the Pau trade which coined the term "magic wand."

Phil: Many said he was too old and too out of touch to run the team and needed to be replaced by a hardnosed defensive coach like Sloan. Also, Phil was costing the team with his idiotic subs and his need for having big gaurds and not playing rookies.

Kobe: Only cares about stats. Could careless about the team. Needs to pass the torch. Needs to play better. Needs to be amnestied. Needs to retire. etc..etc..etc..

I mean I could literally go down the whole team and talk about how much they have failed us. Hell there are people who think the Lakers are done as a team for the next 5 years at least. Jim Buss is going to go through his crap because this is unprecedented times for the Lakers org. I may be fool hearty but I trust that the Lakers FO are doing what they need to do to 1) get under the cap and 2) rebuild the team. Jim and Co will make mistakes in hindsight but they will also make successes even if by accident.

Let me add:

Jim is not Jerry. ESPN loves to find the fault in the Lakers so I am not surprised the ole SA Smith is coming out with an article now (convienently after Dwight leaves). Dwight wasn't prepared to deal with the lime-light of LA. It is easy to say these guys are screwing up but that is overly simplified. Fans have all those trade scenerios that seem just too easy to get but fans aren't in the offices. It is easy to say Jeannie should be in charge but she has the freedom to sit back and just look good because the outcome doesn't fall on her shoulders. If she was in charge and Dwight left all we would hear is "chicks can't run mens sports teams. Jerry was stupid for putting her in charge." Rebuilding is hard, reloading is harder and with King Stern and his new CBA it is even more difficult. Jerry said he would pay for a Championship but Jerry NEVER faced the penalties the Lakers are going to face. Had we signed Earl for 4 million it would of actually cost us like 20 million (according to the EC thread) that is crazy and bad for biz. This is a rough time but just like Mitch found his groove as a GM I am sure Jim will as an owner. Overly optimistic? Maybe but Im good with that.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby greckis99 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:53 pm

Be that as it mya about Jim making Mistakes..this point..where we are right now...and where is HE?
he is nowhere to found...not one word to be said....nothign...thses were HIS decisions....if they dint
work fine...step up say somehting ANYTHING!!....Hey guys we are gonna get through this and put a
competitive team out there..says SOMTHING!!....do somehting...show yourself and to the fans....we
have heard nothign fromthis guy....where the helll is he!!
greckis99

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion