Jim Buss = End of the Lakers as we know them...

Re: Jim Buss = End of the Lakers as we know them...

Postby khmrP on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:59 pm

how come we dont hear anything from this guy?
khmrP

Re: ESPN: Jim Buss making Lakers unattractive (bring in Jeanie)

Postby Hello Clark on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:05 pm

Hello Clark wrote:http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9458526

Stephen A. Smith on why Jim Buss is making Lakers unattractive and why Jeanie should take charge:

The respect that Dr. Buss garnered and brought to the Lakers franchise is the most unparalleled success story you'll ever see in sports. But that brings us to Jim Buss and Mike D'Antoni.

Jim Buss is running the Lakers operations, not Dr. Buss.

Remember when Jim hired Mike Brown when Kobe had been pulling for Brian Shaw? So Jim ignored Kobe Bryant, number 1.

Then Jim brings in Mike D'Antoni on a Sunday night after backdooring Phil Jackson after promising to wait for him on Monday.

This is after Dwight Howard telling Lakers management he would love Phil Jackson.

Jim Buss ignore that too. So all of this leading up to the Dwight becoming a free agent, were things the Lakers paid no attention to.

You know why Jim did that? You know why they ignored that? Because they said "We're the Lakers, that's what we do."

But they're NOT the Lakers, they're not the same team Dr. Buss ran. It's not Mitch Kupchack's fault - this guy knows basketball, he knows what he's doing, it's Jim Buss.

Phil Jackson came to this show (Mike & Mike) on national airwaves told everyone that Lakers told him Mike D'Antoni was a better coach/fit than he was, then started laughing.

It's a mistake that Jim Buss is running the Lakers basketball operation, his direction is very big mistake to begin with.

If Jeanie Buss was running basketball operations, Phil Jackson would be with the Lakers, and Dwight Howard would still be a Laker.

But Jim Buss wants things run his way, that is why Dwight is gone. At the core of this problem, was that he didn't have a coach in place that calibre players didn't want to play for. That's the problem with the Lakers.

The Lakers are now a different franchise. They are NOT the Lakers of old. This is not the same Lakers. As long as he's running the Lakers franchise, his ego, not getting along with Phil, not acquiescing with Jeanie, Jim's ego will get in the way with making sound basketball decision. Jim is making the Lakers franchise far more unattractive.

If Lakers Nation want to move forward, they better get Jeanie Buss in there to make concrete decisions, not Jim Buss' ego to keep getting in the way.

SAS also talks about Lakers attracting Caremlo is a more realistic possibility than trying to get LeBron.
Hello Clark

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:11 pm

greckis99 wrote:Be that as it mya about Jim making Mistakes..this point..where we are right now...and where is HE?
he is nowhere to found...not one word to be said....nothign...thses were HIS decisions....if they dint
work fine...step up say somehting ANYTHING!!....Hey guys we are gonna get through this and put a
competitive team out there..says SOMTHING!!....do somehting...show yourself and to the fans....we
have heard nothign fromthis guy....where the helll is he!!

I'll bite. What exactly should he say? WHat would appease the fans? There is always work going on in the background and a team of people that are working to improve our standing. If he did say anything he would get crucified. if he says nothing he would get crucified. Making moves for the sake of doing them is dumb. Saying things just for the sake of saying them is equally as dumb.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby greckis99 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:23 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
greckis99 wrote:Be that as it mya about Jim making Mistakes..this point..where we are right now...and where is HE?
he is nowhere to found...not one word to be said....nothign...thses were HIS decisions....if they dint
work fine...step up say somehting ANYTHING!!....Hey guys we are gonna get through this and put a
competitive team out there..says SOMTHING!!....do somehting...show yourself and to the fans....we

I'll bite. What exactly should he say? WHat would appease the fans? There is always work going on in the background and a team of people that are working to improve our standing. If he did say anything he would get crucified. if he says nothing he would get crucified. Making moves for the sake of doing them is dumb. Saying things just for the sake of saying them is equally as dumb.

Its showingyourself...makingyourself accoutnable for the team and its fans...its saying..we are working on it guys hang in there...guive us something to hold on to...I said nothign about making moves just for making them....I said that nowehre in My post...he has not even shown himself...if You own a huge company and it comes in crisis....do you shut downand say nothign?...no you come out...say something...let them know its cool we will wokr thru this....and ys IM sure there iw wokr going on in the backround.....but you have to say something...its been a rough week for thisorganization...and not a word...not good for an owner..
greckis99

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:36 pm

greckis99 wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

Its showingyourself...makingyourself accoutnable for the team and its fans...its saying..we are working on it guys hang in there...guive us something to hold on to...I said nothign about making moves just for making them....I said that nowehre in My post...he has not even shown himself...if You own a huge company and it comes in crisis....do you shut downand say nothign?...no you come out...say something...let them know its cool we will wokr thru this....and ys IM sure there iw wokr going on in the backround.....but you have to say something...its been a rough week for thisorganization...and not a word...not good for an owner..

So you think that the org that has the 2nd most championships in the history of the NBA is not working to improve the situation. Maybe its the new fans that need the "mark cuban" always talking owners. The whole FO have a lot of things to work out and making useless statements isn't one of them. I don't want to hear Jim, Mitch, Jeannie or even Phil talking about "we'll work through it." No, I want them getting the Lakers under the cap and bringing in guys who will at the very least leave it on the floor for the city while we continue to work for the big haul of 2014. The old saying "Actions speak louder than words" come to mind.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby greckis99 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:40 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
greckis99 wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

So you think that the org that has the 2nd most championships in the history of the NBA is not working to improve the situation. Maybe its the new fans that need the "mark cuban" always talking owners. The whole FO have a lot of things to work out and making useless statements isn't one of them. I don't want to hear Jim, Mitch, Jeannie or even Phil talking about "we'll work through it." No, I want them getting the Lakers under the cap and bringing in guys who will at the very least leave it on the floor for the city while we continue to work for the big haul of 2014. The old saying "Actions speak louder than words" come to mind.

yes actiosn speak louder than words...and I see NONE!..everyoen elses seems to be doing somethign ..I see no action from m us..hence showing yourself anda saying something
greckis99

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:12 pm

^I'll have to bow out of this convo because it is obvious you are on the side of "do something, anything to make us happy" camp. I am not. Therefore we would be talking in circles.
puffyusaf#2

Postby greckis99 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:15 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:^I'll have to bow out of this convo because it is obvious you are on the side of "do something, anything to make us happy" camp. I am not. Therefore we would be talking in circles.

never said that....twice you put words in my mouth I went along with you actions speak louder than words....then do something.....I never said dp somethign anythign to make us happy My initial point
was....comeout of hiding...which you seemed to miss entirely...
greckis99

Postby lotus on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:36 pm

Hello Clark wrote:
Hello Clark wrote:http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9458526

Stephen A. Smith on why Jim Buss is making Lakers unattractive and why Jeanie should take charge:
The Lakers are now a different franchise. They are NOT the Lakers of old. This is not the same Lakers. As long as he's running the Lakers franchise, his ego, not getting along with Phil, not acquiescing with Jeanie, Jim's ego will get in the way with making sound basketball decision. Jim is making the Lakers franchise far more unattractive.

If Lakers Nation want to move forward, they better get Jeanie Buss in there to make concrete decisions, not Jim Buss' ego to keep getting in the way.

SAS also talks about Lakers attracting Caremlo is a more realistic possibility than trying to get LeBron.

Herein lies the essence of my discontent with jimmy boy. I belly ache to friends about how I feel he's going to ruin the mansion that Dr. Buss built. Many of the responses are usually there's no problem because "this is the Lakers, the most successful NBA franchise, etc. etc...". But, this is not the same franchise because there is a new "leader".

jimmy has to make something happen to win the confidence of the fans. That's just the nature of the business.
lotus

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:53 pm

greckis99 wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:^I'll have to bow out of this convo because it is obvious you are on the side of "do something, anything to make us happy" camp. I am not. Therefore we would be talking in circles.

never said that....twice you put words in my mouth I went along with you actions speak louder than words....then do something.....I never said dp somethign anythign to make us happy My initial point

What is your point then if it isn't "DO SOMETHING/ANYTHING NOW!" despite immediate limitations of the current CBA & a lack of attractive assets?

(Also, your poor period key is going to get worn out quickly with that kind of punctuation.)
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby greckis99 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:58 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
greckis99 wrote:

What is your point then if it isn't "DO SOMETHING/ANYTHING NOW!" despite immediate limitations of the current CBA & a lack of attractive assets?

(Also, your poor period key is going to get worn out quickly with that kind of punctuation.)

really?? Punctuation?? thats the best you can come up wiht..My point was show yourself to the fans and the ppl who support Your franchise...have you seen Him?? heard from him?...no...THATS MY POINT
greckis99

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:01 pm

greckis99 wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:
greckis99 wrote:

really?? Punctuation?? thats the best you can come up wiht..My point was show yourself to the fans and the ppl who support Your franchise...have you seen Him?? heard from him?...no...THATS MY POINT

Just an observation regarding the punctuation.

Anyway, would you actually feel any better if Jim comes out and states the obvious: "Dwight was our priority, but he opted to go elsewhere. We will continue to explore every avenue that could improve our roster."

Mitch already issued a statement on this anyway.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby greckis99 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:02 pm

Mitch isnt the new owner...Jimmy boy is
greckis99

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:05 pm

You didn't answer his question: what do you want him to do? Come in front of a camera and say "Dwight left, now we're looking for other options"?

Would that make you feel better? Somehow I doubt it.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby greckis99 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:08 pm

I want him to make himself seen....and YES it would...it WOULD make feel beter making himself accountable...damn right it would.so there..YES
greckis99

Postby khmrP on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:13 pm

therealdeal wrote:You didn't answer his question: what do you want him to do? Come in front of a camera and say "Dwight left, now we're looking for other options"?

I'd prefer "I'm stepping down as laker's president and will be handing over all personel and coaching decisions to Mitch....cause I'm a dumb***" the dumbass part is for me :man10:

Please guys. The rule on profanity is clear. Don't bypass the swear filter- therealdeal
khmrP

Postby greckis99 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:16 pm

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:You didn't answer his question: what do you want him to do? Come in front of a camera and say "Dwight left, now we're looking for other options"?

I'd prefer "I'm stepping down as laker's president and will be handing over all personel and coaching decisions to Mitch....cause I'm a dumb***" the dumbass part is for me :man10:

:man10: :man10: :man10:
we can dream
greckis99

Postby Savory Griddles on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:25 pm

greckis99 wrote:
khmrP wrote:

:man10: :man10: :man10:
we can dream

I'd prefer, "My background is training horses. That is why I have decided to let Jeanie Buss take control of the Lakers, and I will run the Sparks."
Savory Griddles

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:54 pm

greckis99 wrote:I want him to make himself seen....and YES it would...it WOULD make feel beter making himself accountable...damn right it would.so there..YES

so there?...

Okay. Whatever you say greckis.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:33 pm

Hello Clark wrote:From Lg by Espn.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9458526

Stephen A. Smith:

The respect that Dr. Buss garnered and brought to the Lakers franchise is the most unparalleled success story you'll ever see in sports. But that brings us to Jim Buss and Mike D'Antoni.

Jim Buss is running the Lakers operations, not Dr. Buss.

Remember when Jim hired Mike Brown when Kobe had been pulling for Brian Shaw? So Jim ignored Kobe Bryant, number 1.

Then Jim brings in Mike D'Antoni on a Sunday night after backdooring Phil Jackson after promising to wait for him on Monday.

This is after Dwight Howard telling Lakers management he would love Phil Jackson.

Jim Buss ignore that too. So all of this leading up to the Dwight becoming a free agent, were things the Lakers paid no attention to.

You know why Jim did that? You know why they ignored that? Because they said "We're the Lakers, that's what we do."

But they're NOT the Lakers, they're not the same team Dr. Buss ran. It's not Mitch Kupchack's fault - this guy knows basketball, he knows what he's doing, it's Jim Buss.

Phil Jackson came to this show (Mike & Mike) on national airwaves told everyone that Lakers told him Mike D'Antoni was a better coach/fit than he was, then started laughing.

It's a mistake that Jim Buss is running the Lakers basketball operation, his direction is very big mistake to begin with.

If Jeanie Buss was running basketball operations, Phil Jackson would be with the Lakers, and Dwight Howard would still be a Laker.

But Jim Buss wants things run his way, that is why Dwight is gone. At the core of this problem, was that he didn't have a coach in place that calibre players didn't want to play for. That's the problem with the Lakers.

Hammer --> nail --> head.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby OX1947 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:36 pm

Can someone please put a ball-gag in SAS's mouth? I do not watch BSPN like I use to because of that clown and his boyfriend. No one cares what he knows or thinks.
OX1947

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:06 am

Savory Griddles wrote:
I'd prefer, "My background is training horses. That is why I have decided to let Jeanie Buss take control of the Lakers, and I will run the Sparks."

:man10: :bow:
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby greckis99 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:26 am

therealdeal wrote:
greckis99 wrote:I want him to make himself seen....and YES it would...it WOULD make feel beter making himself accountable...damn right it would.so there..YES

so there?...

Okay. Whatever you say greckis.

funny I give my honest htoughts on what I think an owner should for His fans and the franchise..as franchise
Ive watched for ver 30 yrs and this is the response I get...LOL....sound like a child..."whatever" ..I see now
this forum is only for certain topics that YOU have to agree upon , its a damn shame that kind of repsponse
comes froma moderator too..I may not have a million posts but you can see obviously I have been a member
for sometime as this is the best forum Ive been around..You dont have to agree with My thoughts but you
dont have to belittle them either...esp from a moderator...keep the peace and ill go back to just reading posts.
greckis99

Postby kennygee90 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:48 am

unlike alot of people here I actually think Jim and Jeannie will do a great job with the franchise in due time...This guy helped us draft Bynum, he was here when the pau gasol trade happened..the cp3 trade was a genious move and also getting Dwight Howard was a great move which before the season looked like we were back in contention...We all knew there would be a price to pay after those 2 rings we won and we're paying it right now..Losing Dwight Howard was bad but in all honesty he seemed intent on leaving regardless of the coach, so even I saw no point of firing D'antoni and having to pay 3 coaches at the same time if howard was eventually going to leave..I think the Lakers are in good hands, we just have to wait and see whats next, maybe we'll reload next season or rebuild slowly through the draft but im sure we will get back to our glory days one way or another
kennygee90

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:23 am

Do you really expect Jimmy to step forward and admit that Dwight WASN'T the droid the franchise wanted to lead them for the next 5 years? (or make that 2 years as Clown probably has opt out built in in for 3rd year in case he's not happy....a guarantee at some point) Yes they made the max offer but subtly they also made it clear to Dwight he wasn't calling the shots around here. I think actually behind the scenes, painful as it is to lose the defensive force he was, when in the mood, the club knows he was not the number 1 franchise player MENTALLY that they need.
LTLakerFan

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion