Jim Hill To Replace Alan Massengale on LTV?

Postby LAFan1188 on Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:04 pm

Duce Bigallow wrote:
LAFan1188 wrote:
Apexed wrote:
619 wrote:
Apexed wrote:don't be mad because you're wrong.

:man10: :man10: Is that what you think? The guy sucks he's monotone and has zero personality. Look up how many awards Hacksaw has and then tell me how valid those awards are. :man10: :man10:

Try thinking for yourself it ain't that hard.

Ok, so he sucks as a sportscaster or reporter because you don't like the tone of his voice?

people are entitled to their opinion, right?

Yes, and opinions are like anuses. Yours needs wiping.

:man3: ok...
:L:F:F:L:
Laker Fan For Life, from '93 til Infinity
Bill Walton
"You look at Vladimir Radmanovic, this guy is cut from stone. As if Michelangelo was reading and a lightening bolt flashed before him."
LAFan1188

Postby Apexed on Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:22 pm

Weezy wrote:Adding to what Apexed is saying I notice that at the begining of some interviews or when he's behind the scenes (can't really explain what I mean) the players acknowledge him, they seem to like and respect him, he knows what he's talking about out there and what he's doing. Also, he can be monotone in his news reports, but aren't most reporters, aren't they all kinda mechanical? I've seen him just plain talking with players or other news people and when he loosens up he's as normal as the next person, I'm sure next to Worthy he'll be fine.

Yup. I also think LTV will be more refreshing with Jim Hill. Hopefully, he'll add a bit more analysis to the games.

Nothing against Massengale, but most of the time he just states the obvious and lets Worthy do the rest of the talking.
Apexed

Postby Michael Scott on Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:02 pm

LakerFan4L1fe24 wrote:nooooooooo I like Alan Massengale, Jim Hill bores me he talks with no excitement
"To me he is the best player in the world right now. That guy doesn't know fear at all. He doesn't care. He would have won it for the Americans single-handedly." Dirk Nowitzki on Kobe
Michael Scott

Postby Michael Scott on Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:03 pm

i also want Paul Sunderland back :jam2:
joel is so boring
"To me he is the best player in the world right now. That guy doesn't know fear at all. He doesn't care. He would have won it for the Americans single-handedly." Dirk Nowitzki on Kobe
Michael Scott

Postby hZm on Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:02 am

klao from TheLakersNation.com just kinda confirmed it.

yeah on Monday Jim Hill said he was going to be the anchor of LTV, they showed the promos with kobe and some other lakers. Alan left kcal shortly after last season ended

here’s the video

http://www.cbs2.com/video/?id=49496@kcbs.dayport.com
hZm

Postby Weezy on Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:11 am

hZm wrote:klao from TheLakersNation.com just kinda confirmed it.

yeah on Monday Jim Hill said he was going to be the anchor of LTV, they showed the promos with kobe and some other lakers. Alan left kcal shortly after last season ended

here’s the video

http://www.cbs2.com/video/?id=49496@kcbs.dayport.com

Jim Hill was so boring and monotone in that video that I almost fell asleep, he's basicaly a robot, I think he might be. :man8:

But seriously, he's cool, that was a funny promo, Ronny " 60/40 you (Worthy" :man10: , looking forward to the new LTV. I think you'll find Jim Hill is much more loose in that video 619, much more like a human.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby rayboi8 on Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:26 am

Michael Scott wrote:i also want Paul Sunderland back :jam2:
joel is so boring
rayboi8

Postby 619 on Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:13 am

Apexed wrote:
619 wrote:

:man10: :man10: Is that what you think? The guy sucks he's monotone and has zero personality. Look up how many awards Hacksaw has and then tell me how valid those awards are. :man10: :man10:

Ok, so he sucks as a sportscaster or reporter because you don't like the tone of his voice?

He's boring and has zero personality. But of course that's just my opinion. You can form your own. And Vic the Brick is horrible. He may have all types of personality, but he's the biggest homer ever.

Postby *wishlist* on Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:24 am

i didn't like massengale anyways, at least when it came to ltv. there were some things that just made it seem like he doesn't know much about the nba or basketball in general.

jim hill will at least know basketball, although he may get boring sounding quickly.
What's it going to take to have the Lakers to have a team song/chant like euroleague.. teams have... I can only wish.
*wishlist*

Postby cthroatgtr on Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:55 am

Jim Hill maybe the most boring sportscaster ever. No need to TIVO LTV anymore. I don't get why Hill is so respected because he is terrible. He may know sports but that doesn't make him a good sportscaster. First Joel Myers and now this.
cthroatgtr

On The Hill?

Postby gcclaker on Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:28 am

Jim Hill has always been professional with that old school type of narrating that he does. His interplay with Hartman and Dickerson on the NFL wrap-ups on CBS has always been fun...to me anyway. Hill has always been respected by the Laker organization. I still recall Cooper pouring champagne on his head during the 1987 NBA Championship. Afterwards, you can hear Hill saying he's going to kill Coop...all in good fun of course. In the 2000 NBA Championship, Shaq gave him a massive bearhug then along with the team started jumping up and down celebrating. The man has a history with the Lakers.

Massengale was good to watch with. Not very knowledgeable with the game which he deferred to Worthy in analysis. I thought they were a good pair. I liked Massengale's enthusiasm. He was certainly not hum-drum. Worthy and Massengale were like two guitar players in a band. One did the solos while the other did the rhythmn.

Jim Hill will be a good chair with Worthy. Both have that dry wit that I think will mesh well. Best of luck to Massengale.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kobe's Empire on Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:56 pm

Alan Massengale was whatever man....he seemed like he was just doing a job, almost as a puppet. all he would talk about was kobe and odom and didn't seem like he had too much knowledge. he seemed to "ritzy" for me i guess. John Ireland however, is awesome. He knows his stuff and gets great interviews.
Kobe's Empire

Postby Apexed on Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:28 pm

619 wrote:
Apexed wrote:
619 wrote:

He's boring and has zero personality. But of course that's just my opinion. You can form your own. And Vic the Brick is horrible. He may have all types of personality, but he's the biggest homer ever.

everyone has an opinion. thanks for stating the obvious.....but opinions do hold different levels of merit. You saying Jim Hill simply sucks barely holds any weight.
Apexed

chemistry

Postby angelenolaker on Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:12 pm

jim hill will work well with big game james. and for those taking their shots at myers, at least he has some chemistry with stu. sunderland never ever had that.
angelenolaker

Postby LaLaKeRz4LiFe on Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:20 pm

YES!! At least Hill knows the game well, Mass. didn't know a lick about the lakers, just Kobe this Kobe that.
LaLaKeRz4LiFe

Up on The Hill...

Postby gcclaker on Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:21 pm

I just have to add something to this thread that being that I do hope Jim has a better field goal % than Alan with that studio hoop they set up. James shoots it while Alan used to just toss it at the rim hoping to hit the rim. I am looking forward to seeing Jim's shooting form. One time, Shaq commented on how horrible the pair were as shooters saying that he could make more. Too bad, neither one took him up on it.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby BDG on Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:31 pm

I'll put it this way . . .

Entertainment: Adv. Massengale.
Broadcasting Skills: Adv. Hill

I'm sure we can all agree on this.

Too bad to see Alan go. I just wish they kept him in some capacity.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:34 pm

i guess massengales botox shots got too expensive
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby jimbo327 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:03 pm

I don't agree with most of the guys here. Jim Hill is absolutely head and shoulder above Alan Massengale. I've been saying to get rid of the guy, and replacing him with someone who knows about sports. Jim Hill has real chemistry with the athletes, and he's been doing this forever. I like listening to what he has to say because there is actual content.

That is why he is a award winning. The guy interviewed Tiger when he was a little kid. He holds his own golf tournaments with athletes. Great relationship with his co-hosts and guests. He does sports central on CBS2, and knows what he is talking about.

Alan? Give me a break. The guy doesn't bring anything to the table besides shooting a mini ball into the basket trashcan, and asking the announcer how many minutes before tip off. GFTO! It was a countdown of boredown watching Alan.

I really hope Jim Hill brings a higher standard to LTV, it was laughable the last couple of years. The half time show was non-existant too. I hope Jim fixes that with at least scores around the league or something like a highlight recap around the league. Bring some of that CBS money over to KCAL.
jimbo327

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:36 pm

I agree with the above poster %100. Jim Hill is a great :) :jam2: :jam2:
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby Juronimo on Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:26 pm

Andrew Evenstar wrote:I agree with the above poster %100. Jim Hill is a great :) :jam2: :jam2:

cosign
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby Sunny on Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:34 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:i guess massengales botox shots got too expensive

lol
Sunny

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:08 pm

alan massengale >>>>>>>>>>>> jim hill

and joel myers sucks. paul sunderland was better.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby actos24 on Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:09 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:alan massengale >>>>>>>>>>>> jim hill

and joel myers sucks. paul sunderland was better.
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: ON BOTH POINTS
formerly known as kroublees
actos24

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:13 pm

how come whenever they show joel myers next to stu lantz on camera it looks like joel wants to kiss stu cuz he's that close to him. it makes me very uncomfortable.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion